March 28, 2024, 09:56:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #868 8/16/13 - 3/20/15  (Read 658109 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #260 on: December 28, 2013, 04:44:15 PM »

maybe not all -- but, I would guess most of Dr. Phil's legal costs were going to be incurred anyways as it's legal team is on retainer.

Absolutely Wreck.  Even at that, CBS and Dr. Phil have deep pockets.  Wonder where the Kalpoe's are going to come up with their part?   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #261 on: December 28, 2013, 04:54:29 PM »

maybe not all -- but, I would guess most of Dr. Phil's legal costs were going to be incurred anyways as it's legal team is on retainer.

Absolutely Wreck.  Even at that, CBS and Dr. Phil have deep pockets.  Wonder where the Kalpoe's are going to come up with their part?   

You aren't suggesting that Satish hasn't graduated Med school yet, are you?   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #262 on: December 29, 2013, 12:14:39 AM »

Three years later, Poentje Castro's murder still a mystery... 

http://www.notisia360.com/prinsipal/tres-ana-despues-di-likidashon-di-poentje-castro-e-kaso-ta-sigui-un-misterio/

Papiamentu translation:

23 december 2013
by reagan arroyo

three year after of likidashon of poentje castro, the affair is follow one enigma

willemstad/oranjestad – three year after of his dead, the likidashon of the produktor of declaration of policy of television john anthony “poentje” castro is follow one enigma. on the day there, owing to find the produktor of declaration of policy of television dead in his care for of home. hour with owing to discover the victim already finish past owing to go rest. the affair owing to activate alarm at aruba and in kingdom dutch konsiderando popularidat of the produktor of declaration of policy. owing to form various tim for examine the affair but till today the affair do not dissolve. every times investigadornan was arrive at one sharp dead. the affair still have acuity of outoridatnan of aruba. much spekulashon had with the affair have of aber with his programanan krítiko. another teoria is with is deal of one krímen passionate and even have person is believe with the can have of aber with aktividatnan of low world. poentje castro owing to arise at aruba day 20 of october 1963 and was known for his popular declaration of policy “un day in bida”.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #263 on: December 29, 2013, 12:45:50 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/english/172630-over-25-billion-dollars-channeled-in-ten-years

Over 25 billion dollars channeled in ten years   
THURSDAY, 26 DECEMBER 2013 10:52

ORANJESTAD — An estimated 25 billion dollars on black money has been channeled via Aruba from 2002 up to and including 2011. In 2011 it regards 3.6 billion dollars, according to the report ‘Illicit Financial Flows from Development Countries’ published by Global Financial Integrity (GFI) last week. It regards proceeds from crime, corruption or tax evasion.With this, Aruba is 31st on a list of 144 development countries mostly dealing with illicit financial flows. China, Russia and Mexico lead the list. Of the Caribbean islands only Trinidad and Tobago (28th place) is higher than Aruba. Also the Bahamas score high with a 49th place and approx. 15 billion on black money in a period of ten years. In total these illicit financial flows amounted to almost 950 billion dollars in 2011. A substantial increase compared to 2010 (832 billion dollars). It’s money that doesn’t go to the economy due to tax evasion and white-collar crime.

Economist Dev Kar, author of the report, puts the Aruba figure into perspective slightly. On the site of the Caribisch Netwer, he’s quoted as follows: “The data from tax paradises such as Aruba is estimation. We’re always non-committal because they’re not liberal when it comes to providing information.”

The Amigoe contacted Minister of Finance, Juan David Yrausquin (AVP) for a reaction. However, he prefers to comment later on. Evelyn Wever-Croes, leader of opposition party MEP is somewhat shocked by the amounts mentioned in the report. “But not about the fact itself. It’s evident that this happens. We saw this recently with the millionaire election campaign of AVP.” Croes was head of Tax Inspection until the end of 2001.

“Tax evasion was always at the top of Siad’s agenda but Siad lacked the means and personnel to take action.” With this Croes referred to more staff in the control dept., more trained and experienced inspectors to arrange assessments. “And no interference of ministers in their work. In the past year the government interfered with the functioning of Siad and demanded that steep discounts be given on tax arrears of people who campaigned for them. To do this they even dismissed senior officials who refused to give these discounts. All of this clears the way for tax evasion”, Croes said.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: December 29, 2013, 09:58:33 AM »

LOVE IT!

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bernie-kerik-rips-attorney-joe-tacopina-bar-complaint-article-1.1560478

Bernard Kerik, the disgraced former NYPD commissioner, accuses attorney Joe Tacopina of fraud, deceit, misrepresentation and list of other legal abuses 
Kerik files complaint before the disciplinary committee of the New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division for the First Judicial Department. Tacopina adamantly denies going rogue on his client

By Teri Thompson , Michael O'keeffe AND Nathaniel Vinton / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Saturday, December 28, 2013, 9:35 PM

Long before spearheading Alex Rodriguez’s cutthroat campaign to beat a steroid rap, attorney Joe Tacopina stood on the Bronx courthouse steps beside another fallen New York star — ex-NYPD Commissioner Bernard Kerik.

It was June 30, 2006, and Kerik had just pleaded guilty to two misdemeanor charges. The former top cop admitted accepting a $165,000 gift of apartment renovations seven years before from an allegedly mob-tied company seeking to do business with the city.

Tacopina assured his client that his legal troubles were over and he was free to focus on his security consulting business in the Middle East.

Privately, Kerik’s friends say, Tacopina described the violations this way: “Like pissing on the sidewalk.”
Two years later, Kerik was federal inmate No. 84888-054, sitting in a Maryland cell and wondering if the slick defense attorney helped the feds put him behind bars.

Kerik, a 9/11 hero and one of the most decorated police commissioners in New York City history, is now a free man looking for answers.

Kerik, in a bar complaint filed Friday, accused Tacopina of engaging in “conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, deceit, and/or misrepresentation” — along with a list of explosive legal abuses:

Cooperating with federal prosecutors and revealing information crucial to Kerik’s defense to the government without informing or receiving consent from his client.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #265 on: December 29, 2013, 01:06:58 PM »

LOVE IT!

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bernie-kerik-rips-attorney-joe-tacopina-bar-complaint-article-1.1560478

Bernard Kerik, the disgraced former NYPD commissioner, accuses attorney Joe Tacopina of fraud, deceit, misrepresentation and list of other legal abuses 
Kerik files complaint before the disciplinary committee of the New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division for the First Judicial Department. Tacopina adamantly denies going rogue on his client

Long before spearheading Alex Rodriguez’s cutthroat campaign to beat a steroid rap, attorney Joe Tacopina stood on the Bronx courthouse steps beside another fallen New York star — ex-NYPD Commissioner Bernard Kerik.

It was June 30, 2006, and Kerik had just pleaded guilty to two misdemeanor charges. The former top cop admitted accepting a $165,000 gift of apartment renovations seven years before from an allegedly mob-tied company seeking to do business with the city.

Tacopina assured his client that his legal troubles were over and he was free to focus on his security consulting business in the Middle East.

Privately, Kerik’s friends say, Tacopina described the violations this way: “Like pissing on the sidewalk.”
Two years later, Kerik was federal inmate No. 84888-054, sitting in a Maryland cell and wondering if the slick defense attorney helped the feds put him behind bars.

Funny, I was just reading the same story ... imagine that, our old pal Tacopina accused of such things. Just makes me say, Things that Make you go hmm ...

Former NYPD Commissioner Bernard Kerik Accuses Attorney Joe Tacopina of Fraud, Deceit and Misrepresentation … Yes, Same Atty Tacopina Who Defended Joran Van der Sloot

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/12/29/former-nypd-commissioner-bernard-kerik-accuses-attorney-joe-tacopina-of-fraud-deceit-and-misrepresentation-yes-same-atty-tacopina/

Joe Tacopina fires back and responds to Kerick’s accusations,“This is such bullsh*t, reheated dog food.”

UPDATE I: Misrepresentation, say it isn’t so. But most will remember Joe Tacopina from his days of defending Joran Van der Sloot, the Dutch teen who most all sane thinking people believe had something to do with Natalee Holloway’s disappearance and death in Aruba in 2005. Watch below, yet another blast from the past with Joe Tacopina, Steve Cohen and Red discussing the Natalee Holloway investigation and those last with her, Joran Vander Sloot, Deepak Kalpoe and Satish Kalpoe on Court TV.

VIDEO

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #266 on: December 29, 2013, 05:05:34 PM »

Does anyone know the difference between the tourism rate in aruba from 2005 to 2013
Friends are back and safe thank God.
 I must have eaten every cookie in the house I was worried

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #267 on: December 29, 2013, 05:06:31 PM »

Does anyone know the difference between the tourism rate in aruba from 2005 to 2013
All of the cams showed no one there but they said diffrent

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: December 29, 2013, 05:31:02 PM »

All of the cams showed no one there but they said diffrent

I'm sure there are all sorts of people in Aruba.  People forget.  Aruba is one of the cheaper destinations which makes it more popular.  Sad but true.

You can look up statistics here.  I'm sure there is a way to check previous years:

http://www.cbs.aw/index.php/statistics/tables-statistics
crazybabyborg
« Reply #269 on: December 29, 2013, 05:45:29 PM »

LOVE IT!

Funny, I was just reading the same story ... imagine that, our old pal Tacopina accused of such things. Just makes me say, Things that Make you go hmm ...

Former NYPD Commissioner Bernard Kerik Accuses Attorney Joe Tacopina of Fraud, Deceit and Misrepresentation … Yes, Same Atty Tacopina Who Defended Joran Van der Sloot

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/12/29/former-nypd-commissioner-bernard-kerik-accuses-attorney-joe-tacopina-of-fraud-deceit-and-misrepresentation-yes-same-atty-tacopina/

Joe Tacopina fires back and responds to Kerick’s accusations,“This is such bullsh*t, reheated dog food.”

UPDATE I: Misrepresentation, say it isn’t so. But most will remember Joe Tacopina from his days of defending Joran Van der Sloot, the Dutch teen who most all sane thinking people believe had something to do with Natalee Holloway’s disappearance and death in Aruba in 2005. Watch below, yet another blast from the past with Joe Tacopina, Steve Cohen and Red discussing the Natalee Holloway investigation and those last with her, Joran Vander Sloot, Deepak Kalpoe and Satish Kalpoe on Court TV.

VIDEO

Watching that video brings so much back. Knowing what we do now, and what was to come in Peru, it's just hard to watch and listen to Cohen and Tacky. Cohen, with his slick "face of the investigation" to try to make the case more palatable for tourists, and JT stating matter of factly that if there were evidence, it's almost certainly gone now, seems to come from a confident lawyer representing his guilty client. Aruba's sands will always be tinged with Natalee's blood. The Aruban authorities in power are guilty of obstructing justice for Natalee and guilty of accessory to murder of Stephany! What a slime ball JT is!
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #270 on: December 29, 2013, 06:15:59 PM »

Isn't this rather interesting though that tourism from the United States for 2012 in Aruba is still not back to 2005 and pre-Natalee Holloway disappearance levels of 2004.

Stayover Visitors per Country / Region (In absolute numbers)
http://www.cbs.aw/index.php/component/attachments/download/1469

2004: 535,133                      
2005: 535,448                        
2006: 496,131   
2007: 511,681          
2008: 539,520          
2009: 528,182          
2010: 535,753          
2011: 531,130          
2012: 530,950                     

Looks like the folks in Alabama did not forget, down drastically from 2005.

United States Stayover Visitors by US State   
http://www.cbs.aw/index.php/component/attachments/download/1464      

2004: 2,295
2005: 2,173
2012: 1,425

« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 06:20:34 PM by Red » Logged
crazybabyborg
« Reply #271 on: December 29, 2013, 11:07:13 PM »

Isn't this rather interesting though that tourism from the United States for 2012 in Aruba is still not back to 2005 and pre-Natalee Holloway disappearance levels of 2004.

Stayover Visitors per Country / Region (In absolute numbers)
http://www.cbs.aw/index.php/component/attachments/download/1469

2004: 535,133                      
2005: 535,448                        
2006: 496,131   
2007: 511,681          
2008: 539,520          
2009: 528,182          
2010: 535,753          
2011: 531,130          
2012: 530,950                     

Looks like the folks in Alabama did not forget, down drastically from 2005.

United States Stayover Visitors by US State   
http://www.cbs.aw/index.php/component/attachments/download/1464      

2004: 2,295
2005: 2,173
2012: 1,425

Thanks, Red! I needed that!   
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #272 on: December 30, 2013, 05:23:59 PM »

Thank You I was asked to go but I just couldn't do it I know i would have gotten in trouble and asked too many questions.  Someone on the plane  told them Not to say the anything about Natalee and they would be fine.. See that would not sit well with me I would have gotten followed for asking too many natives things.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: December 30, 2013, 08:17:03 PM »

Don't miss tonight's Dana Pretzer Show at 9pm ET!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #274 on: December 31, 2013, 12:21:16 AM »

Don't miss tonight's Dana Pretzer Show at 9pm ET!

Missed the show, but just listened to the podcast!  Great show! 

Thanks Red, Dana, Blink, Klaas, our marvelous mods; and all who contribute here at Scared Monkeys! 

Happy New Year to you and yours! 

I'm thankful for all the happy endings in 2013, and am praying for so many that didn't have happy endings to find the answers and justice that the families and loved ones need in the new year.

P. S.  Red, please take care of that cold, I'm worried about you! 

crazybabyborg
« Reply #275 on: December 31, 2013, 10:13:16 PM »

Happy New Year monkeys! May 2014 be full of welcomed and delightful surprises for us all! 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #276 on: January 01, 2014, 07:58:31 PM »

Justice for Natalee!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #277 on: January 02, 2014, 09:12:08 AM »

Justice for Natalee!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #278 on: January 03, 2014, 12:49:11 AM »

Thank You I was asked to go but I just couldn't do it I know i would have gotten in trouble and asked too many questions.  Someone on the plane  told them Not to say the anything about Natalee and they would be fine.. See that would not sit well with me I would have gotten followed for asking too many natives things.

Not to ask too many questions about Natalee and they would be fine?  Okay............ or what? Asking too many questions about Natalee would cause them NOT to be fine? That reassurance sounds like a threat to me!

I'd be so thrilled to vacation in a spot where my curiosity could cause me harm and a murdered girl rallied all legal authority in the place to assure that she or her family received no truth or help. Where do I buy a ticket?  Rolling Eyes
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #279 on: January 03, 2014, 05:36:07 PM »

I know  Not to ask too many questions about Natalee and they would be fine?  Okay............ or what? Asking too many questions about Natalee would cause them NOT to be fine? That reassurance sounds like a threat to me!

I'd be so thrilled to vacation in a spot where my curiosity could cause me harm and a murdered girl rallied all legal authority in the place to assure that she or her family received no truth or help. Where do I buy a ticket?  Rolling Eyes

Also no cops around anywhere no life jackets my friend freaked out what do you mean no life jackets  they said you better find us some  they said why don't you know how to swim and they all laughed and the crew were all drunk  it's a very happy island they said if you go overboard your'll end up in somewhere they all laughed
They said their were a lot  Attractions, Activities ...to keep them out of the water and the weather was beautiful food was good and drinks were free they stayed in a 5 star motel no one bothered them at all and the natives were nice but the Dutch were mean to everyone

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.