March 28, 2024, 06:24:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #868 8/16/13 - 3/20/15  (Read 658170 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #340 on: March 03, 2014, 12:17:22 PM »

http://www.diario.aw/2014/02/sla-fuerte-na-banda-drechi-di-cabez-a-causa-morto-di-studiante-mericano/

From the comments:

Aruba, crime paradise?
February 27, 2014
Votes: -3

Crime in Aruba is staggering. Our 'home away from home' (now for sale) was broken into 5 times last year. According to police we had to put cameras,then metal blinds, then hook up with a security company, aren't you guys ashamed that the common citizen has to turn his/her house into an Alcatraz while criminals are having a feast with homes, cars and now the beating to death of a 'diffic*lt client? We've lost all confidence in the Aruban judicial system and government because they have no clue what they're doing. We know lots of Arubans who are paying loans on property that was stolen, isn't this sad? For the size of Aruba, it's unacceptable and outrageous the ratio of crime that is killing this beautiful Island. After 32 years we've to say "Ayo dushi Aruba".

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #341 on: March 03, 2014, 12:19:30 PM »

http://www.diario.aw/2014/02/sla-fuerte-na-banda-drechi-di-cabez-a-causa-morto-di-studiante-mericano/

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/77228-fiscal-mayor-peter-blanken-golpi-y-prome-caida-ta-causa-di-morto-di-studiante-na-gusto-bar

From the comments:

Aruba, crime paradise?
February 27, 2014
Votes: -3

Crime in Aruba is staggering. Our 'home away from home' (now for sale) was broken into 5 times last year. According to police we had to put cameras,then metal blinds, then hook up with a security company, aren't you guys ashamed that the common citizen has to turn his/her house into an Alcatraz while criminals are having a feast with homes, cars and now the beating to death of a 'diffic*lt client? We've lost all confidence in the Aruban judicial system and government because they have no clue what they're doing. We know lots of Arubans who are paying loans on property that was stolen, isn't this sad? For the size of Aruba, it's unacceptable and outrageous the ratio of crime that is killing this beautiful Island. After 32 years we've to say "Ayo dushi Aruba".

edit to correct link!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #342 on: March 03, 2014, 12:22:12 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/77228-fiscal-mayor-peter-blanken-golpi-y-prome-caida-ta-causa-di-morto-di-studiante-na-gusto-bar

Papiamentu translation:

sla strong at near right of cabez, owing to cause dead of student mericano

publication: thursday, 27 february 2014.

categoria: judicial

according patalogo owing to constata, while detencion of r.v owing to wordo prolonga

oranjestad(aan): tuesday morning sospechoso r.v owing to present at huez comisario for tratamento of prolongacion of his detencion y his detencion owing to wordo prolonga cu 8 day. r.j.v is the ‘bouncer’ of the establecimento taste, that owing to strike one student mericano s.s.h one fist, after of cual oranan after past owing to fayece. the bouncer of 27 year have chris lejuez because; advocate y lejuez owing to splica daily paper cu part of the so calling ‘lijkschouwing’ (autopsy), where cu is make one examinacion of the curpa for look at if can determina cause of dead, owing to make one ct scan. the patologo owing to employ among another the result of the scan y owing to determina cu the cause of dead of the young student was one sla strong at near right of his cabez. now have to bay determina if the golpi strong at cabez the student owing to achieve hour cu past owing to achieve the fist cu owing to place cay abao, or if the golpi strong was hour cu past owing to cay for of car of his amigonan y strike his cabez on vloer. have informacion cu is show cu hour cu his amigonan owing to hibe in car y s.s.h owing to achieve earn of saca, they owing to hale at near for her not saca in the car y the hour ey past owing to cay for of the car y strike his self strongly at his cabez. one agent policial cu was eynan will owing to look at this sosode. now more investigacion have cu bay take lugar for determina if will come cu one acusacion of asesinato, homicidio, or maltrato severo. in one interview cu fiscal parent peter blanken (foto) owing to puntre on the result of autopsia cu did take lugar on the curpa of the victima agredi mortalmente at taste bar. is hear cu is two trip the victima owing to cay strike his cabez. was have uno after of the golpi of bouncer cu the victima owing to cay strike his cabez y uno also hour cu the amigonan owing to carga the victima sake of car for her saca y lage cay on his cabez. in the interview fiscal parent owing to confirma cu the first sla strong in cara y the caida is esun cu owing to cause dead of the victima. is one situation fastioso. owing to achieve enough informacion on the caso here. now here the bouncer at door of taste bar the marduga of the agresion is deteni. have castigo maximo of 9 year on the caso here. investigacion is follow his direction. do not believe cu will go have more detencion. soon the caso here is afgerond also for wordo present in corte. the family self not owing to permiti autopsia on the victima. more bien owing to saca the scan of the cabez y this owing to conclui the golpi strong. diaranzon the family owing to leave for merca y the curpa without life of they child also owing to go. thing owing to happen is algo tristo according fiscal. ministerio publco is achieve cu hendenan cu is haci the work because; portier have to can controla they self.

edit to correct link...sorry!   Embarassed 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #343 on: March 03, 2014, 01:33:01 PM »

http://www.cadenagramonte.cu/english/index.php/show/articles/17225:venezuela-denounces-aggression-against-consulate-in-aruba

Friday, February 21, 2014
Venezuela Denounces Aggression Against Consulate in Aruba

Caracas, Feb 21.- Venezuelan Foreign Minister Elias Jaua denounced today the attack against the Venezuelan Consulate in Aruba perpetrated in Friday morning.

Speaking on state television, Jaua said the attack was carried out by a Venezuelan citizen who crashed his car into the facility.

Jaua warned about the media's ability to inject hatred into people by making a perverse use of social networks to promote intolerance against the homeland.

He also said Venezuelan authorities reported the attack to the prosecution in order to request the deportation of the perpetrator and bring him to Venezuelan courts.

Jaua added that President Nicolas Maduro has ordered the closing of Venezuelan Consulates in Aruba, Curaçao and Bonaire. (Prensa Latina)

http://www.curacaochronicle.com/main/venezuelan-government-denounces-attack-on-the-countrys-consular-office-in-aruba-closes-consular-office-in-curacao/

Venezuelan Government denounces attack on the country’s consular office in Aruba. Consular office in Curacao closed.

WILLEMSTAD – The Venezuelan Minister for Foreign Affairs, Elias Jaua, reported that the consular office of Venezuela in Aruba suffered damages by a vehicle this Friday.

“We want to make a call to those who have promoted this hatred, to those who have instilled this intolerance leading to a Venezuelan citizen, residing on that island, to attack a consular office of your country putting his own lives at risk,” the Minister said.

He accused the media of inoculate hatred. “I am amazed of how far the ability has come to inoculate hate. With a perverse use of social networks, promoting intolerance of class and race,” Jaua said.

The Minister said that he has asked the Dutch authorities to deport the Venezuelan citizen who was involved in this incident. “We request the concerned citizen to be deported so the Venezuelan justice can deal with him accordingly.”

Jaua explained that the order of President Nicolas Maduro was for a preventive closure of the consulates in Aruba, Curacao and Bonaire as well as the removal of Venezuelan citizens working in the consular buildings in those countries. He also said that; “we called our ambassador in Holland to get more knowledge on the position of the Dutch government regarding this serious attack on our consular office.”

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #344 on: March 03, 2014, 01:35:35 PM »

http://tbo.com/ap/world/venezuela-closes-consulates-in-dutch-caribbean-ap_world518ec407c13a4e5f8adb5038562b7973

Venezuela closes consulates in Dutch Caribbean
Published: February 21, 2014   |   Updated: February 21, 2014 at 09:41 PM

CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) — Venezuela is closing its consulates in the Dutch Caribbean after what authorities said was an attack on a government office.

A Venezuelan man rammed his car through the front of the Venezuelan consulate in Aruba on Friday amid mounting unrest in his home country. There were no reported injuries.

As a preventative measure Foreign Minister Elias Jaua ordered the removal of all diplomatic staff from Aruba as well as Bonaire and Curacao until authorities could guarantee their safety. The three islands are semi-autonomous entities within the kingdom of The Netherlands.

Venezuelans are on edge as violent clashes between student protesters and government forces erupt across the nation. The violence has left at least 8 dead and more than 100 wounded.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #345 on: March 03, 2014, 05:29:13 PM »

Trail date bumped up to April 20, 2015!  The Kalpoe's will have grey hair before this trial starts, if it ever does! 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #346 on: March 03, 2014, 05:45:46 PM »

... and the Kalpoes can't get any "compensation for damages" anyways!! 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #347 on: March 03, 2014, 06:15:03 PM »

... and the Kalpoes can't get any "compensation for damages" anyways!! 

Right so why not just throw in the towel?   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #348 on: March 04, 2014, 02:59:07 AM »

Justice for Natalee!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #349 on: March 07, 2014, 10:43:34 PM »

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/03/06/5624657/social-eyes-natalee-holloways.html

Social Eyes: Natalee Holloway’s mom to speak at Salvation Army luncheon
Posted Thursday, Mar. 06, 2014

Beth Holloway’s compelling story of her daughter Natalee’s 2005 disappearance in Aruba will be the keynote address at the Salvation Army’s Doing the Most Good Luncheon on March 18 at the Omni Hotel in Fort Worth.

The annual luncheon raises funds to enable the Salvation Army to provide such services as free daily meals for the hungry, a homeless shelter, a food pantry, senior citizen assistance and permanent supportive housing for homeless veterans,.

Tickets to the event cost $150 each, and table sponsorships begin at $2,500. To make reservations, contact DFWMC_Events@uss.salvationarmy.org.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #350 on: March 09, 2014, 01:19:51 PM »

http://www.larepublica.pe/09-03-2014/el-asesino-joran-van-der-sloot-sera-extraditado-al-cumplir-su-condena-de-28-anos

Google translation

Joran Van Der Sloot will be extradited to serve his sentence of 28 years
Sunday, March 9, 2014 | 24:07

Convicted of aesinato Peruvian Stephany Flores, Joran Van Der Sloot Dutch will be extradited to the U.S. , but in several years , when serve his sentence .

This indicates the Supreme Resolution No. 057-2014 -JUS published Sunday in the official gazette El Peruano , that in response to the request for extradition made ​​by the Federal Court for the Northern District of Alabama U.S. .

He is quoted "to be prosecuted for the alleged offenses and Extortion Scam , to the detriment of Elizabeth Ann Holloway, and defer delivery until cumplimieto of the sentence required by the Third Criminal Court for Trials of Inmates in Prison Superior Court of Justice of Lima " .

It noted that Elizabeth Ann Holloway is the mother of Natalee Holloway , teen killed by Van Der Sloot whose body , years after his disappearance , has not yet appeared .

Van Der Sloot came to ask for $ 250,000 to the mother of his victim to disclose the missing teenager.

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #351 on: March 09, 2014, 03:48:06 PM »

http://www.larepublica.pe/09-03-2014/el-asesino-joran-van-der-sloot-sera-extraditado-al-cumplir-su-condena-de-28-anos

Google translation

Joran Van Der Sloot will be extradited to serve his sentence of 28 years
Sunday, March 9, 2014 | 24:07

Convicted of aesinato Peruvian Stephany Flores, Joran Van Der Sloot Dutch will be extradited to the U.S. , but in several years , when serve his sentence .
He
This indicates the Supreme Resolution No. 057-2014 -JUS published Sunday in the official gazette El Peruano , that in response to the request for extradition made ​​by the Federal Court for the Northern District of Alabama U.S. .

He is quoted "to be prosecuted for the alleged offenses and Extortion S , to the detriment of Elizabeth Ann Holloway, and defer delivery until cumplimieto of the sentence required by the Third Criminal Court for Trials of Inmates in Prison Superior Court of Justice of Lima " .

It noted that Elizabeth Ann Holloway is the mother of Natalee Holloway , teen killed by Van Der Sloot whose body , years after his disappearance , has not yet appeared .

Van Der Sloot came to ask for $ 250,000 to the mother of his victim to disclose the missing teenager.

He will be extradited when?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #352 on: March 09, 2014, 04:51:59 PM »

He'll be extradited after he serves his sentience in Peru for the murder of Stephany.  I don't think anyone knows specifically what date that will actually but years from now.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #353 on: March 09, 2014, 05:46:57 PM »

He'll be extradited after he serves his sentience in Peru for the murder of Stephany.  I don't think anyone knows specifically what date that will actually but years from now.

If he lives that long...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #354 on: March 09, 2014, 06:06:41 PM »

Exactly Muffy 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #355 on: March 09, 2014, 06:14:06 PM »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5h_8ELmoKZPMXGMp7hg1nf9ijvvxw?docId=ba7ce15d-7e1c-4af6-8383-023c997727ff

Peru confirms Dutch convict will be extradited to US in 2038

By Luis Jaime Cisneros (AFP) – 1 hour ago

Lima — Peru confirmed Sunday it will extradite Dutch convicted killer Joran Van der Sloot, serving a 28-year sentence here for murdering a young Peruvian woman, to the United States in 2038.

The widely expected decision was two years in coming. Lima had said earlier the Dutchman would be extradited to the United States, but only after he serves his sentence in Peru first.

Van der Sloot, 26, pleaded guilty and was handed down his sentence in January 2012 for the "cruel and savage" murder of 21-year-old Peruvian Stephany Flores on May 30, 2010.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #356 on: March 09, 2014, 06:33:20 PM »

IIRC this was the final step in the extradition process.

I think that if he gets an early release from prison, he will be subject to extradition...otherwise, he will be extradited after he serves the full sentence in 2038. 
In my opinion, he will probably try to delay the extradition when the time comes for it. 

http://noticias.terra.com.pe/nacional/peru-extraditara-a-holandes-joran-van-der-sloot-a-eeuu-cuando-cumpla-condena-en-2038,b483a9688cd94410VgnCLD2000000dc6eb0aRCRD.html

Google translation

March 9, 2014 • 14:36
Peru extradite Dutch Joran Van der Sloot to the U.S. after serving a sentence in 2038

Peru approved the extradition of Dutch Joran Van der Sloot to the United States, the main suspect in the case of a missing American woman in Aruba in 2005, although to materialize must wait until 2038 , according to a government decision known on Sunday .

The measure closes a two-year long process , since a Federal Court of Alabama , United States requested the extradition of Van der Sloot , now 26 , to stand trial for the alleged crimes of extortion and fraud perpetrated against Elizabeth Ann Holloway , mother of the girl Natalee Holloway , who disappeared in Aruba in 2005 in a case in which Dutch is the prime suspect.

Shipping to the U.S. authorities will not be immediate because Van der Sloot must be met before a conviction for a murder he committed in Lima in 2010.

The Peruvian Ministry of Justice stated that the request " in accordance with the Bilateral Extradition Treaty between Peru and the United States of America , signed in 2001," according to a resolution published Sunday in the official gazette .

"Delivery ( U.S. authorities ) is deferred until the completion of the sentence imposed ," says the resolution, which takes the order by the Supreme Court of Peru when requested extradition in May 2012.

At that time , counsel for Van der Sloot , Maximum Highness , told AFP that his client " is in accordance with the decision of the Supreme Court. That's what we were looking for ." " Joran has never refused to go to America once serve his sentence in Peru ," he added .

The decision closes the door for the defense to appeal the extradition, but possibilities exist dilate , told AFP criminal lawyer Roberto Pereira.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #357 on: March 09, 2014, 08:10:55 PM »

The earliest release date (probation) would be 2019 according to his lawyer--after serving 9 years in jail (a third of his sentence).

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gp_iDztO6UbGJwtHKO6k0JM5sqiw?docId=3167cb1f-1c53-4fcc-87fb-7d2e92e9e502&hl=es

Google translation

Peru extradite Dutch Joran Van der Sloot to the U.S. after serving a sentence in 2038
By Luis Jaime Cisneros ( AFP ) - 3 hours ago

"Delivery ( U.S. authorities ) is deferred until the completion of the sentence imposed ," says the resolution, which takes the order by the Supreme Court of Peru when requested extradition in May 2012.

At that time , counsel for Van der Sloot , Maximum Highness , told AFP that his client " is in accordance with the decision of the Supreme Court. That's what we were looking for ." " Joran has never refused to go to America once serve his sentence in Peru ," he added .

Also Highness had said at that time that his client was eligible for probation serving a third of the sentence.

"He ( Van der Sloot ) could be eligible for benefits ( prison ) and could go with a third of his sentence," serving a nine year sentence , then said Highness.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #358 on: March 09, 2014, 09:26:12 PM »

The earliest release date (probation) would be 2019 according to his lawyer--after serving 9 years in jail (a third of his sentence).

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gp_iDztO6UbGJwtHKO6k0JM5sqiw?docId=3167cb1f-1c53-4fcc-87fb-7d2e92e9e502&hl=es

Google translation

By Luis Jaime Cisneros ( AFP ) - 3 hours ago

Also Highness had said at that time that his client was eligible for probation serving a third of the sentence.

"He ( Van der Sloot ) could be eligible for benefits ( prison ) and could go with a third of his sentence," serving a nine year sentence , then said Highness.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #359 on: March 10, 2014, 05:24:20 AM »

What great news to hear on a Monday.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.