March 28, 2024, 04:38:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #868 8/16/13 - 3/20/15  (Read 658072 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #440 on: May 13, 2014, 05:30:46 PM »

http://www.peruthisweek.com/news-convicted-murderer-joran-van-der-sloot-to-marry-peruvian-citizen-next-month-102958

Convicted murderer Joran Van der Sloot to marry Peruvian citizen next month
4 Hours ago
From El Comercio
Translated and adapted by Rachel Chase

Anti-extradition strategy?

Van der Sloot’s interest in marriage seems to have gained momentum after March 9, when the Peruvian government approved the United States’ petition that he be extradited so he could face charges in connection with the Natalee Holloway case. If he marries a Peruvian national, current law holds that Van der Sloot would gain the nationality of his spouse, which could complicate an extradition.

However, Van der Sloot’s lawyer Altez says that there is no strategy in play, as the existing extradition treaty between the U.S. and Peru applies to citizens as well as foreigners.

In spite of Altez’s clarifications, it is clear that Van der Sloot has an interest in reducing his sentence. This is evidenced by his recent entry into a distance learning program in administration and international business with the Universidad Alas Peruanas. If he finishes the course of study successfully and gains a degree, he will have access to penitentiary benefits that could allow him to reduce his sentence.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #441 on: May 13, 2014, 10:56:15 PM »

Think about how long we've been reading about this wedding...if THIS is even true.

http://www.peruthisweek.com/news-convicted-murderer-joran-van-der-sloot-to-marry-peruvian-citizen-next-month-102958

Though several days ago Van der Sloot’s lawyer Maximo Altez announced that the wedding announcement would be published soon, no local newspaper has received any such submission.

However, Ancon municipal authorities have confirmed that the paperwork for the marriage was initiated at the end of 2013 by Figueroa, who indicated that the ceremony would take place in the Piedras Gordas maximum security prison, which is located in the aforementioned district.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #442 on: May 13, 2014, 11:10:16 PM »

Might be interesting to know the whole story behind all of this BS.

Has Anita orchestrated it all?  Have to wonder. 

JMO

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/10/joran-van-der-sloot-pregnant-jail-never-met-woman/

Joran Van Der Sloot ‘Has Never Met Woman Who Claims He Got Her Pregnant,’ Says Lawyer
Posted on Oct 9, 2012 @ 7:00AM

“It is not true that Joran got someone pregnant,” the convicted killer’s lawyer Aldo-Favio Cotrina told RadarOnline.com in an exclusive interview. “He doesn’t have any conjugal visitation, in order to get that you have to be married as it is only allowed with a wife,” he explained.

As Radar previously reported, a woman identified as “Leidi” told Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf that the 25-year-old had knocked her up, but Cotrina revealed his client has never even met the impostor, who has since been named as Carol Figueroa Uceda.

Neither girl managed to gain access into the high security prison, as the only visitors he is allowed are his main attorney, Altez, and his mother, Anita.

“At Piedras Gordas, you go by the book and they only allow direct family,” said Cotrina.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13798.msg1578881#msg1578881

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=223266337846547&set=a.223050377868143.1073741833.156125984560583&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ash3%2F935988_223266337846547_53180057_n.jpg&size=960%2C644

Languages and Arts Dedication

International School of Aruba
October 25, 2013

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #443 on: May 13, 2014, 11:45:07 PM »

Justice for Natalee!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #444 on: May 13, 2014, 11:51:02 PM »

Justice for Stephany!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #445 on: May 14, 2014, 12:56:18 AM »

I think that the defense/his strategy now is to reduce his sentence (take college courses) and complicate the extradition (get married).  jmo

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/joran-van-der-sloots-bride-to-be-speaks-to-cbs-news-crimesider/

May 13, 2014, 3:17 PM
Joran van der Sloot's bride-to-be speaks to "Crimesider"

Joran van der Sloot is scheduled to say "I do" on May 22 at about noon, according to Figueroa, who spoke to CBS News' Crimesider. The civil ceremony will take place inside the Piedras Gordas prison, where van der Sloot is serving a 28 year sentence for murder. Figueroa tells Crimesider that the witnesses will be van der Sloot's Peruvian lawyer, Maximo Altez, and Figueroa's godmother.

Joran van der Sloot's family in Aruba will not be attending the wedding. But his mother has met his intended during her earlier visits to Peru.

Figueroa has recently bought a house near the prison, and says she is five months pregnant with van der Sloot's child; the baby is due in September. According to van der Sloot's lawyer, the Dutchman is studying international business management through correspondence courses from a Peruvian university.

Figueroa tells Crimesider that Joran van der Sloot has transformed himself "into a new person." She also says that van der Sloot is enjoying his prison arts and crafts classes.

Van der Sloot had his lawyer get the wedding ring last year, according to Figueroa. The ring has a small stone, not a diamond. The bride is still looking for a wedding dress. She is also working on getting a permit to videotape and photograph the ceremony.

There will be no reception at the prison. But Peru media reports that van der Sloot has two close friends in Peidras Gordas. They are "Crazy David" Sanchez and "El Cholo" Payet, two soccer hooligans each serving 35 years for a homicide during a soccer game in 2011.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #446 on: May 14, 2014, 09:32:27 AM »

I think that the defense/his strategy now is to reduce his sentence (take college courses) and complicate the extradition (get married).  jmo

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/joran-van-der-sloots-bride-to-be-speaks-to-cbs-news-crimesider/

Joran van der Sloot is scheduled to say "I do" on May 22 at about noon, according to Figueroa, who spoke to CBS News' Crimesider. The civil ceremony will take place inside the Piedras Gordas prison, where van der Sloot is serving a 28 year sentence for murder. Figueroa tells Crimesider that the witnesses will be van der Sloot's Peruvian lawyer, Maximo Altez, and Figueroa's godmother.

Joran van der Sloot's family in Aruba will not be attending the wedding. But his mother has met his intended during her earlier visits to Peru.

Figueroa has recently bought a house near the prison, and says she is five months pregnant with van der Sloot's child; the baby is due in September. According to van der Sloot's lawyer, the Dutchman is studying international business management through correspondence courses from a Peruvian university.

Figueroa tells Crimesider that Joran van der Sloot has transformed himself "into a new person." She also says that van der Sloot is enjoying his prison arts and crafts classes.

Van der Sloot had his lawyer get the wedding ring last year, according to Figueroa. The ring has a small stone, not a diamond. The bride is still looking for a wedding dress. She is also working on getting a permit to videotape and photograph the ceremony.

There will be no reception at the prison. But Peru media reports that van der Sloot has two close friends in Peidras Gordas. They are "Crazy David" Sanchez and "El Cholo" Payet, two soccer hooligans each serving 35 years for a homicide during a soccer game in 2011.

(bolded by me)
If the news articles are true and he's taking courses and getting married, I agree with you grace-land.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #447 on: May 14, 2014, 06:44:51 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2627942/Joran-Van-Der-Sloot-marry-five-months-pregnant-girlfriend-maximum-security-Peruvian-prison-bride-claims-killer-transformed-new-person.html

Joran Van Der Sloot to marry pregnant girlfriend in maximum security Peruvian prison as bride-to-be claims killer has ‘transformed into new person'

Published: 03:26 EST, 14 May 2014  | Updated: 14:59 EST

A pregnant bride-to-be has confirmed her plans to marry a convicted killer in a Peruvian jail who is wanted in the U.S. over the disappearance of another woman.

Leidy Figueroa is planning to wed Dutchman Joran van der Sloot, who is currently serving 28 years in jail for the murder of local college student Stephany Flores in 2010

The site will not let me copy and paste any more of the article. It is a long article with pictures, and comments.

2 4 1
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #448 on: May 14, 2014, 09:07:09 PM »

Nancy Grace tonight... "Natalee Holloway Murder Suspect To Wed Behind Bars"

Jossy was on the phone.  He said the response there had generally been of astonishment because these things aren't allowed on Aruba. 

Joran's lawyer says Joran is working to make himself a better person. 

Well good golly gee wizzzzz, he might as well; he's got plenty of time to work on it!   

Whatever differences in the Peruvian law and Dutch law that according to Jossy doesn't allow the same privileges Joran is enjoying; at least Peru prosecuted the POS and he's in prison. 

JMO

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #449 on: May 14, 2014, 09:27:08 PM »

Somebody somewhere paid this chick something to marry this somebody.

Bet your bottom dollar.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #450 on: May 14, 2014, 10:39:40 PM »

Nancy Grace tonight... "Natalee Holloway Murder Suspect To Wed Behind Bars"

Jossy was on the phone.  He said the response there had generally been of astonishment because these things aren't allowed on Aruba. 

Joran's lawyer says Joran is working to make himself a better person. 

Well good golly gee wizzzzz, he might as well; he's got plenty of time to work on it!   

Whatever differences in the Peruvian law and Dutch law that according to Jossy doesn't allow the same privileges Joran is enjoying; at least Peru prosecuted the POS and he's in prison

JMO

bbm ^^^ 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #451 on: May 14, 2014, 11:36:13 PM »

Personally I think it's all BS to make money from the tabloids 
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #452 on: May 15, 2014, 07:18:58 AM »

Imprisoned Murderer Joran van der Sloot to Marry 23 Year Old Leydi Carol Figueroa Uceda, Pregnant With His Child … Something Natalee Holloway & Stephany Flores Will Never Experience

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/05/15/imprisoned-murderer-joran-van-der-sloot-to-marry-23-year-old-leydi-carol-figueroa-uceda-pregnant-with-his-child-something-natalee-holloway-stephany-flores-will-never-experience/

May 2005 Natalee Holloway goes missing in Aruba while on vacation with other teens from Mountainbrook, Alabama and Joran van der Sloot was and still is the primary suspect in all rational thinking people’s minds in her disappearance and death. Five years to the day that Natalee went missing, May 2010 Joran van der Sloot murders 21 year old Stephany Flores and later confesses to the crime and is eventually found guilty and sentenced to 28 years in prison in Peru. Now May 2014, Joran van der Sloot through his attorney tells the world that the sociopath is getting married  in a couple of weeks to  23 year old Leydi Carol Figueroa Uceda, who is pregnant with his child. Coincidence, hardly.

Sadly, neither Natalee Holloway nor Stephany Flores will ever be able to experience the joys of marriage or being a parent. Yet this sociopath is allowed to do both. One day there will be a reckoning Joran and it will not be pretty.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: May 15, 2014, 09:11:22 AM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #454 on: May 15, 2014, 04:26:21 PM »

Also, IMO any woman stupid enough to marry the demon seed deserves anything that happens to her.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #455 on: May 15, 2014, 07:56:29 PM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #456 on: May 15, 2014, 08:48:39 PM »

Bet your bottom dollar.

The prime suspect IMO. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152468140908336&set=a.466414958335.257065.582598335&type=1&source=11

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #457 on: May 15, 2014, 09:00:04 PM »

Bet your bottom dollar.

The prime suspect IMO. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152468140908336&set=a.466414958335.257065.582598335&type=1&source=11

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #458 on: May 15, 2014, 09:46:02 PM »

Sooo, where is that published marriage announcement--hmmm?

http://www.localnews8.com/news/Joran-van-der-Sloot-to-marry-become-father/25983870
Joran van der Sloot to marry, become father
POSTED: 04:47 PM MDT May 14, 2014
UPDATED: 05:57 PM MDT May 14, 2014

In compliance with Peruvian law, van der Sloot's attorney is publishing his client's intent to marry in newspapers across Peru on Thursday.

Joran van der Sloot is scheduled to say "I do" on May 22 at about noon, according to Figueroa, who spoke to CBS News' Crimesider.

http://www.expatperu.com/marrying-a-peruvian-in-peru.html
Marrying a Peruvian in Peru

Once you have all this paperwork together, you’ll take everything back to the municipal building, pick the date, and pay for the ceremony.  In some cases, you may be required to post a marriage announcement that runs for 7 days, and gives anyone with due cause fair warning and a chance to speak out against your upcoming nuptials. 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #459 on: May 15, 2014, 11:21:42 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-gq2OHj004

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/r-gq2OHj004" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/r-gq2OHj004</a>

Joran van der Sloot to marry pregnant girlfriend in prison

HLN HLN·14,908 videos

Published on May 14, 2014

An attorney for convicted killer Joran van der Sloot says his client is set to marry his Peruvian girlfriend – who is five-months pregnant – in a ceremony that will take place at a maximum security prison. For more on this story, watch Nancy Grace weeknights at 8 p.m. ET on HLN. Follow the show on Facebook, and follow Nancy on Twitter. For more information please visit http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/05/14...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.