March 28, 2024, 08:22:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #868 8/16/13 - 3/20/15  (Read 658100 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #480 on: May 21, 2014, 08:42:07 PM »

Article from last week, but it had a couple details that I hadn't read before.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/14/world/americas/peru-van-der-sloot/

Attorney: Joran van der Sloot to marry in Peruvian prison, become father

By Rafael Romo, Senior Latin American Affairs Editor
updated 12:37 PM EDT, Thu May 15, 2014

(CNN) -- He's serving a 28-year sentence for killing a Peruvian woman. He's also the main suspect in the disappearance of an American teenage girl. But these days, Joran van der Sloot is more focused on his wedding plans than his legal situation.

Maximo Altez, van der Sloot's Peruvian defense attorney, told CNN the 26-year-old Dutch national is getting married "in late May or early June" to a Peruvian woman he befriended in the prison in which he's being held in Lima, the capital.

"They met when she was visiting a relative in prison. They became friends and spent a lot of time together in his cell," Altez said. "Unlike The United States, here in Peru loved ones or relatives can see inmates inside their jails."

Leydi Carol Figueroa Uceda, 23, the bride-to-be, is expecting a baby boy fathered by van der Sloot, according to Altez. She's five months' pregnant. The accountant has a 2-year-old boy from a previous relationship.

"He's very happy about getting married. Since his girlfriend is pregnant, he wants his child to be born to a married couple and he's anxiously awaiting the day he can get married," Altez said.

According to the defense attorney, the small, private wedding will be held in the prison's chapel.

But Altez, his defense attorney, dismissed the suggestion that the wedding is a legal maneuver to avoid extradition, saying the wedding shouldn't be "a big deal."

"He's getting married because he's in love and is having a child. There are no hidden agendas," Altez said. The inmate will be able to meet the baby after delivery.

In compliance with Peruvian law, van der Sloot's attorney is publishing his client's intent to marry in newspapers across Peru on Thursday.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #481 on: May 21, 2014, 08:46:16 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/14/world/americas/peru-van-der-sloot/

From the comments:

Cuddly Kim • 5 days ago

"Mommy - how did you and daddy meet?"
"Aww - baby, it was the most romantic story... Daddy was in jail for murdering a girl, and.."

Life is good. • 6 days ago

There's nothing quite like playing a little ball with your kids in the prison yard.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #482 on: May 21, 2014, 09:08:56 PM »

Accountant?????
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #483 on: May 21, 2014, 11:36:05 PM »

From the comment section, I pretty much agree with Carolyn Nuss
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #484 on: May 22, 2014, 02:40:31 PM »

From the comment section, I pretty much agree with Carolyn Nuss

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #485 on: May 23, 2014, 12:46:04 AM »

Justice for Natalee!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #486 on: May 23, 2014, 06:39:58 PM »

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/22643543/__Uitbraak_gevangenis_Aruba__.html

Google translation:

Mon May 19, 2014, 23:48| read on

Venezuelans escaped from prison Aruba

ORANGE CITY -
Two Venezuelan men are Monday escaped from prison in Aruba. It comes to men of 26 and 32 years who were detained for committing a bank robbery, so police said.

Be described as violent and dangerous. Two It seems that they have escaped by themselves with homemade tools early morning a way to pave over the fence.

Last week, even though two men escaped from the prison of Curacao. They did so by overpowering guards and then climb. Over the fence Of the escaped prisoners on both Aruba and Curaçao still no trace.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: May 24, 2014, 05:02:35 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/HelpTheMissing/photos/a.134644599887359.18888.123013127717173/783589058326240/?type=1

Natalee Holloway Resource Center
1 hr ·

On this day in 2005 Natalee Holloway graduated from high school. Six days later she went missing in Aruba never to be found again. Please educate yourself and others on the safety of traveling internationally and domestically. www.crimemuseum.org/help-the-missing

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #488 on: May 24, 2014, 05:19:44 PM »

Nine years, wow 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #489 on: May 24, 2014, 08:27:47 PM »

The recent Dutch documentary, nothing new really but I thought some of it was interesting. 

One interesting thing imo being how so many close to the case refused to talk about the case at all.  But then they have Mr. Pink on the phone to let everyone know in all the time he spent on Aruba he'd never even met Joran, and was never questioned in the investigation.  Also thought it was interesting that they detail the theory about Steve Croes having a boat available that night, Freddy...calling themselves pimps...the hotel rooms...are all mentioned; but no mention at all of Koen, Sander, or their boat and the fact that Joran had been invited out on their boat that night.  Maybe there aren't any notes in the police file about the quick sale of that boat and the Gottenbos family leaving Aruba so soon after Natalee's disappearance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7aWvivmXi8

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/l7aWvivmXi8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/l7aWvivmXi8</a>

Justice for Natalee! 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #490 on: May 24, 2014, 08:38:50 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYDAor82sgU

Greta Van Susteren

Published on May 16, 2014

After Natalee Holloway's disappearance in 2005, her mother and I went to Joran van der Sloot's house to get answers.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rYDAor82sgU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/rYDAor82sgU</a>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #491 on: May 24, 2014, 08:45:07 PM »

May 22nd was the big day, right?  Did I miss the pictures and video?

Maybe so, apparently I missed the announcement in the papers too!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: May 24, 2014, 11:21:58 PM »

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/05/20/5834486/former-curacao-prime-minister.html

Former Curacao prime minister held for questioning
Posted Tuesday, May. 20, 2014

The Associated Press

WILLEMSTAD, Curacao — A former prime minister of Curacao was arrested and ordered held Tuesday for questioning in a money-laundering investigation.

Gerrit Schotte will be held for an initial period of questioning, the Public Prosecutor's office said in a statement. His longtime girlfriend was also arrested. If prosecutors want to hold Schotte beyond 48 hours, they will need a court order under the legal system in the southern Caribbean island.

Investigators searched Schotte's home in December and seized a computer and documents.

Schotte said in a TV interview shortly before he was taken into custody that he expected to be cleared of wrongdoing.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: May 24, 2014, 11:28:36 PM »

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/05/20/5834486/former-curacao-prime-minister.html

Former Curacao prime minister held for questioning
Posted Tuesday, May. 20, 2014

The Associated Press

WILLEMSTAD, Curacao — A former prime minister of Curacao was arrested and ordered held Tuesday for questioning in a money-laundering investigation.

Gerrit Schotte will be held for an initial period of questioning, the Public Prosecutor's office said in a statement. His longtime girlfriend was also arrested. If prosecutors want to hold Schotte beyond 48 hours, they will need a court order under the legal system in the southern Caribbean island.

Investigators searched Schotte's home in December and seized a computer and documents.

Schotte said in a TV interview shortly before he was taken into custody that he expected to be cleared of wrongdoing.

http://www.nltimes.nl/2014/05/21/fmr-curacao-pm-arrested-willemstad/

Fmr. Curaçao PM arrested in Willemstad   

Posted by Maxime Zech on 8:56 CEST, Wednesday, 21, May, 2014 in Crime, Politics

The Department of Justice announced in December that Schotte was suspected of whitewashing money and forgery. At that time, the police exercised a home raid and also searched Schotte’s party offices.

His room in Parliament was also searched. The investigation was performed after some dozen reports came in at the Unusual Transactions Report Center (MOT).

The former Prime Minister’s name appears 50 times in the register that is managed by the MOT. This concerns substantial cash deposits on accounts held by Schotte, in the period when he was a delegate in the Island Council of Curaçao. A sum of €350,000 is being reported by the NOS.

According to the paper, Schotte is also being brought into connection with Sicilian Mafia boss Francesco Corallo, who is thought to have deposited large sums of cash in Schotte’s party fund, the MFK. These sums went through a company with which Schotte’s girlfriend is affiliated.

It is illegal on Curaçao to take funds from people and legal persons who are not based on the island, or who do not live on Curaçao.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #494 on: May 25, 2014, 02:02:04 PM »

http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/224/BINNENLAND/article/detail/3659087/2014/05/21/Laatste-uitzending-Pauw-Witteman-ruim-2-keer-zo-lang-als-normaal.dhtml

Last show Pauw & Witteman more than twice as long as normal

21-05-14 15:56 PM - Source: Reuters / buzze

Jeroen Pauw and Witteman Paul say goodbye to their talk show Pauw & Witteman on Netherlands 1. Friday is the last broadcast, with another 2 hours long.

The presenters will continue to own programs. Witteman is a program to do the next season of music, while Peacock in his own talk show is present. Peacock presented the P & W program, moreover, already alone when his partner in 2010, took some time out of circulation due to prostate cancer treatment. By way of farewell sent VARA this week after the latest news highlights from 8 years Pauw & Witteman. Some remarkable things in the show itself came this week over the past few years had occurred in the café. Wine Incident Remarkably, the so-called wine incident during the broadcast of February 4, 2008. Joran van der Sloot threw when crime reporter Peter R. de Vries glass of wine in the face. According to De Vries, Van der had Sloot know more about the disappearance of 18-year-old American Natalee Holloway in Aruba in 2005. Broadcast was for many years with over 2 million viewers, the most watched episode of the show. Only the broadcast of April 30, 2013, which was back at the inauguration of King Willem-Alexander marched with more than 2.1 million viewers.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #495 on: May 26, 2014, 12:19:03 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.622667624468586.1073741968.237687699633249&type=3

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #496 on: May 26, 2014, 12:54:41 PM »

Freddy is one of the few of the old crowd you still see out and about.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #497 on: May 28, 2014, 08:29:10 PM »

Prime Minister Gerrit Schotte

https://www.facebook.com/schottegerrit

How they laundered the money.
Paulus did a lot of business.
He was a high-stakes gambler
He went to the bank to deposit Jorans winnings, transfer money.
You mix it with tourist money.
You have accounts overseas like Julia Renfro

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: May 29, 2014, 09:06:23 PM »

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2014/05/the_week_in_birmingham_history_9.html

The Week in Birmingham History: Nixon visited; NAACP banned; Natalee Holloway vanished

By Jeremy Gray | jgray@al.com

on May 25, 2014 at 7:00 AM, updated May 25, 2014 at 7:13 AM

MAY 30:

2005: Natalee Holloway disappeared during a vacation in Aruba.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #499 on: May 29, 2014, 09:19:55 PM »

Justice for Natalee!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.