March 28, 2024, 10:32:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #868 8/16/13 - 3/20/15  (Read 658114 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #920 on: January 24, 2015, 10:52:24 PM »

I knew it, I missed it!  dangit!   DVR's not working and I meant to look and see if it was coming on tonight but forgot until too late.

http://www.yidio.com/show/oprah-where-are-they-now

Episode 22 - Holiday Special with Beth Holloway, O...

First Aired: December 14, 2014

Oprah interviews Beth Holloway whose daughter Natalee disappeared during a high school graduation trip to Aruba.

I think it might eventually be available for viewing here; but we'll have to check back later.

http://www.yidio.com/show/oprah-where-are-they-now/season-3/episode-22/links.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzDLZzNRr6E

Beth Holloway | Oprah: Where Are They Now? | Oprah Winfrey Network

OWN TV

Published on Dec 21, 2014
Tune in Sundays at 9pm/8c

Nine years after the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, her mother, Beth Holloway, opens up about her first meeting with Joran van der Sloot, the last person to see Natalee alive and confessed killer of Stephany Flores. Plus, find out how Beth feels about Joran's recent marriage.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jzDLZzNRr6E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/jzDLZzNRr6E</a>

Justice for Natalee! 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #921 on: January 27, 2015, 07:54:16 PM »

The strength and grace Beth Holloway continues to display is just breathtaking.

Peace, dear Monkeys.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #922 on: January 28, 2015, 05:44:33 AM »

The strength and grace Beth Holloway continues to display is just breathtaking.

Peace, dear Monkeys.

an angelic monkey
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #923 on: February 10, 2015, 11:46:31 AM »

Justice for Natalee!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #924 on: February 10, 2015, 10:48:34 PM »

I still don't believe we will ever get a trial, but aren't we actually getting closer to the supposed start?(same year anyways??)

« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 08:38:46 AM by klaasend » Logged

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #925 on: February 11, 2015, 08:39:01 AM »

I still don't believe we will ever get a trial, but aren't we actually getting closer to the supposed start?(same year anyways??)

Kalpoe vs. Dr. Phil trial is supposed to happen in April 2015 at last check
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #926 on: February 13, 2015, 09:22:45 AM »

Wish I could believe it's true 

http://www.nltimes.nl/2015/02/13/witness-says-knows-natalee-holloway-buried/

Witness says he knows where Natalee Holloway is buried
Posted on Feb 13, 2015 by Janene Van Jaarsveldt

Additional reporting by Zack Newmark.

Missing American Natalee Holloway is buried beneath a crawl space at the Marriott Hotel in Aruba, says Jurriën de Jong a self-proclaimed eyewitness to her disappearance. Authorities have thus far ignored his statement, despite his persistence to get them more deeply involved in the search, he says. He told his story to Dutch newspaper AD.

De Jong, 59, says he has spent a great deal of time and his own money on his efforts. He flew to Aruba three times, where Holloway disappeared on May 30, 2005, gave his testimony under oath and repeatedly shared information with the public prosecutor there. Yet he can’t get justice in Aruba to investigate the spot where, according to him, Holloway’s body has been hidden for ten years.

At that time, he says he regularly visited the Marriott Hotel construction site at night for illegal, drug-related purposes, which is why he did not come forward with his testimony right away. The site is near the Holiday Inn where Holloway and members of her Mountain Brook, Alabama high school graduation class were registered at on Aruba’s western coast.
Joran van der Sloot

Peruvian mugshot of Joran van der Sloot

De Jong tells the AD that he heard voices at the gate of the construction site on the night of May 30, and quickly hid when he heard the gate open. He later recognized the two as Joran van der Sloot and Natalee Holloway.

“I saw Joran run after Natalee. They go to a small building that is under construction. There is no lower step, so they have to climb to the landing,” he told the newspaper. “What happens after that is unclear. But something must have gone wrong, because some time later Joran comes out with Natalee in his arms. He lays her down, jumps down and pulls her up onto his shoulder. Then he throws her body on the ground.”

De Jong then saw Joran hiding the body under the building, he claims. “He digs an access into the crawl space and drags Natalee inside. After about a minute he reappears, closes the opening with sand and walks back to the gate.”

He wrote letters to the chief prosecutor in Aruba, the attorney general, the Marriott group and to Natalee’s father, Dave Holloway, who remembered smelling a strong decomposing stench at the site, according to AD.

After his contact with De Jong, Dave Holloway wrote to Aruba Chief Prosecutor Peter Blanken, who then had an hour long conversation with De Jong, but still saw no reason to investigate, AD reports. The former prosecutor called elements of the story “implausible,” because De Jong was not accurate in his description of the height difference between Van der Sloot and Holloway, current prosecutor Eric Olthof told the newspaper.

De Jong rejects this determination, saying that he saw the scene play out at a distance and at night, which makes it unsurprising to him that he might get a few visual details incorrect. The interview also took place a full eight years after the alleged crime took place.

Laura Botelho, spokesperson of the Marriott, confirmed to the AD that they have had contact with De Jong on the matter, but await approval from the authorities before conducting their own internal inquiry. “As usual we will cooperate fully with the authorities if they open an official investigation,” she said.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #927 on: February 13, 2015, 02:36:32 PM »

There was a time when a development such as this really got us all stoked. I'm afraid to get my hopes up -- but, will follow along with guarded anticipation!! Thanks, Klass!! 

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #928 on: February 13, 2015, 02:53:15 PM »

There was a time when a development such as this really got us all stoked. I'm afraid to get my hopes up -- but, will follow along with guarded anticipation!! Thanks, Klass!! 

2 4 1
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #929 on: February 13, 2015, 03:24:52 PM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #930 on: February 13, 2015, 03:36:56 PM »

Wish I could believe it's true 

http://www.nltimes.nl/2015/02/13/witness-says-knows-natalee-holloway-buried/

Witness says he knows where Natalee Holloway is buried
Posted on Feb 13, 2015 by Janene Van Jaarsveldt

Additional reporting by Zack Newmark.

Missing American Natalee Holloway is buried beneath a crawl space at the Marriott Hotel in Aruba, says Jurriën de Jong a self-proclaimed eyewitness to her disappearance. Authorities have thus far ignored his statement, despite his persistence to get them more deeply involved in the search, he says. He told his story to Dutch newspaper AD.

De Jong, 59, says he has spent a great deal of time and his own money on his efforts. He flew to Aruba three times, where Holloway disappeared on May 30, 2005, gave his testimony under oath and repeatedly shared information with the public prosecutor there. Yet he can’t get justice in Aruba to investigate the spot where, according to him, Holloway’s body has been hidden for ten years.

At that time, he says he regularly visited the Marriott Hotel construction site at night for illegal, drug-related purposes, which is why he did not come forward with his testimony right away. The site is near the Holiday Inn where Holloway and members of her Mountain Brook, Alabama high school graduation class were registered at on Aruba’s western coast.
Joran van der Sloot

Peruvian mugshot of Joran van der Sloot

De Jong tells the AD that he heard voices at the gate of the construction site on the night of May 30, and quickly hid when he heard the gate open. He later recognized the two as Joran van der Sloot and Natalee Holloway.

“I saw Joran run after Natalee. They go to a small building that is under construction. There is no lower step, so they have to climb to the landing,” he told the newspaper. “What happens after that is unclear. But something must have gone wrong, because some time later Joran comes out with Natalee in his arms. He lays her down, jumps down and pulls her up onto his shoulder. Then he throws her body on the ground.”

De Jong then saw Joran hiding the body under the building, he claims. “He digs an access into the crawl space and drags Natalee inside. After about a minute he reappears, closes the opening with sand and walks back to the gate.”

He wrote letters to the chief prosecutor in Aruba, the attorney general, the Marriott group and to Natalee’s father, Dave Holloway, who remembered smelling a strong decomposing stench at the site, according to AD.

After his contact with De Jong, Dave Holloway wrote to Aruba Chief Prosecutor Peter Blanken, who then had an hour long conversation with De Jong, but still saw no reason to investigate, AD reports. The former prosecutor called elements of the story “implausible,” because De Jong was not accurate in his description of the height difference between Van der Sloot and Holloway, current prosecutor Eric Olthof told the newspaper.

De Jong rejects this determination, saying that he saw the scene play out at a distance and at night, which makes it unsurprising to him that he might get a few visual details incorrect. The interview also took place a full eight years after the alleged crime took place.

Laura Botelho, spokesperson of the Marriott, confirmed to the AD that they have had contact with De Jong on the matter, but await approval from the authorities before conducting their own internal inquiry. “As usual we will cooperate fully with the authorities if they open an official investigation,” she said.

From 2010

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8103.msg1157520#msg1157520

http://www.diario.aw/2010/06/mi-opinion-encuanto-e-lugar-unda-natalee-ta-dera/

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #931 on: February 13, 2015, 07:59:45 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #932 on: February 13, 2015, 08:00:13 PM »

Never give up.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #933 on: February 13, 2015, 08:13:19 PM »

Thanks TM, I knew I had heard the story before! Still I hold out hope that they'll really search this time.  You never know.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #934 on: February 13, 2015, 08:20:53 PM »

Never give up.

...and never forget!   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #935 on: February 15, 2015, 01:05:56 PM »

Thanks TM, I knew I had heard the story before! Still I hold out hope that they'll really search this time.  You never know.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #936 on: February 15, 2015, 01:06:47 PM »

Never give up.

...and never forget!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #937 on: February 15, 2015, 09:37:28 PM »

http://curacaochronicle.com/main/update-crashed-plane-carried-400-packages-of-drugs/

Published On: Fri, Jan 30th, 2015 Main News | By Edition
Update: Crashed Plane Carried 400 Packages Of Drugs

Aruba police

ORANJESTAD – The small plane, which was downed by Venezuelan warplanes and crashed into the sea right off the coast of Aruba, had 400 packets of drugs the size of an A-4 format. A part of this load was tested and it proved to be cocaine. Presumably all these packages were cocaine.

This was an American registered plane, of which the destination is still unknown. The destination was certainly not Aruba. There were body parts recovered from the victims of the crash, but the number of victims is not yet clear. Coast Guard Aruba has since recovered most of the wreckage, but they are still searching for more debris of the aircraft.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #938 on: February 15, 2015, 09:47:50 PM »

Don't remember if I posted anything about her being the new KIA Director.

http://www.bearingpointcaribbean.com/trudy-hassel-per-1-januari-hoofd-van-korrektie-instituut-aruba/

Google translation:

Trudy Hassel January 1 head of Correction Institute Aruba

SATURDAY, 20 DECEMBER 2014

ORANGE CITY - Current Police Trudy Hassel is January 1, the new Director of Correction Institute Aruba (KIA). Hassel is in her new position to wait quite a challenge as the head of a prison that is currently partly out of use by arson and destruction and where corruption among the staff also remains one of the biggest stumbling blocks.

From the first day of the new year is Hassel on the spot where former director Fred Wijenberg sat until his departure in November. Reportedly the appointment of Hassel becomes warden on Tuesday officially formalized. Hassel had long been mentioned as a candidate, but other names were circulating. As Peter White, former chief of police in Aruba and currently working in St. Maarten. In an earlier interview with Amigo E gave Justice Minister Arthur Dowers (AVP) all that anyone could respond to the vacancy but preferred initially went to an internal candidate.

Gebre space k

That the new Director to wait a challenge state is no secret. The prison is partly out of use by an arson, founded by insurgent prisoners in May this year. The fire caused the entire penal department burnt so many prisoners must be forced housed in the prison, the department where suspects are normally imprisoned pending trial. Due to space several prisoners to be housed in a single cell. Unrest among inmates ensures that the two Internal Assistance Teams and the K9 Unit should show up almost daily to restore calm.

Corrupti email

In addition to lack of space is also corruption one of the biggest stumbling blocks in the daily management of the prison. That KIA employees who smuggle goods for prisoners inside is publicly known. "It is often shown in the media that there is smuggled inside KIA," said the minister in an earlier interview with Daily Herald. "We continue to invest in tackling corruption including through training and education for staff." Allegedly will appoint the justice minister several experts to support the new director of its function. Selection for these functions is ongoing.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #939 on: February 15, 2015, 10:06:25 PM »

Looks like Eric Soemers got her old job...well isn't that special.

http://www.dutchcaribbeanlegalportal.com/news/latest-news/4746-nog-geen-boetes-vastgesteld-voor-hondenverordening

Google translation:

No fixed fines for dog regulation
February 13, 2015 12:58 PM

ORANGE CITY - Who does not adhere to the rules of the hondenwet gets to this day only a warning. The fines have not yet been established.

The campaign was rock, but in practice the law due to lack of resources to carry out yet.

After the carnival there is a meeting scheduled between the Chief of the Public Prosecutor (OM) and Eric Soemers of the Aruba Police Force (KPA) and also involved in the dog regulation. He replaces Trudy Hassell early January began as director of the Correction Institute Aruba (KIA). "Early next week we talked about the fine system," says Soemers morning to request Amigoe. Now there are no fines, it stays with warnings. In addition to the penalty system, there are other resources necessary for its entry into force of the law. As a collecting place for dogs that are picked from the streets and police cars where the dogs can be transported safely. "The cars are not there yet, but if there is at that time still be a problem case, then we can still use the car's K9 unit." About the reception place Soemers will not let go.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/eric-soemers/4b/780/1b3

Google translation:

Eric Soemers
Superintendent of Police at the Aruba Police Force
ArubaLegal Services
Current   
Aruba Police Force
Previous   
Aruba Police Force

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.