March 28, 2024, 08:01:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #868 8/16/13 - 3/20/15  (Read 658095 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #960 on: March 02, 2015, 10:00:37 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/02/natalee-holloway_n_6787452.html

Fresh Hope For Natalee Holloway's Father As Disappearance Nears 10th Anniversary

Posted: 03/02/2015 6:55 pm EST Updated: 3 hours ago

An Amsterdam man who claims to have seen Joran van der Sloot dispose of missing U.S. citizen Natalee Holloway's body in Aruba has given the young woman's father new hope for answers as the 10-year anniversary of her disappearance approaches.

"I don’t want to get my hopes up high because I've done that in the past, but it kind of makes me wonder," Dave Holloway told The Huffington Post. "What if there is something to it?"

Holloway said Jurrien de Jong, 59, told him last year that he saw van der Sloot hide his daughter's body at a construction site in Aruba in 2005. De Jong recently shared the story with a Dutch newspaper.

"He [dug a hole] and [put] Natalee inside," de Jong told the newspaper. He said he watched van der Sloot cover the hole with sand, then walk away.

"I've never met this guy, but he was very believable over the phone," Holloway said of de Jong. "But you can't really size someone up till you meet them in person."

De Jong, The Algemeen Dagblad reported, said he did not immediately come forward with information about what he had seen in Aruba because he was involved in illegal, drug-related activities at the time.

"I dared not to talk about what I saw, because I [would have had to] reveal my own [activities]," he said.

Holloway said the location de Jong described to him is where a Marriott hotel was under construction in May 2005. It's not far from the hotel where his daughter was staying when she disappeared.

Holloway said the story fits with an exchange police say they had with van der Sloot in the weeks following the young woman's disappearance.

"On June 18 [2005], the investigator asked the question, 'Where did you hide the girl?' Joran's response was, 'I don’t know where she's buried.' The police officer then said, 'I didn’t ask you where she's buried, I asked you where she's hidden,'" Holloway said.

Holloway added: "You can't overlook that. If you make up a story, there's always going to be some truth to it. You just have to figure out which is the truth and which is the lie."

For now, Holloway struggles with unanswered questions.

"I always thought the answer was right around the corner," Holloway said. "Here we are nearly 10 years later and we still don't know."

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #961 on: March 03, 2015, 08:28:48 AM »

I'm sure there are statements we don't have but I don't see a statement from Joran on June 18, 2005.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #962 on: March 03, 2015, 01:15:50 PM »

I'm sure there are statements we don't have but I don't see a statement from Joran on June 18, 2005.

July 11, 2005   Greta

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: Some explosive new details are emerging about the night Natalee Holloway (search) disappeared. The Aruban newspaper Diario broke the news on their front page on Monday. Joining us live from Aruba with the inside scoop is Diario's managing editor, Jossy Mansur.

Jossy, let me get straight to the main thing that struck everybody reading that article today, that Joran van der Sloot (search) claimed to the police to have buried Natalee. Is that right?

JOSSY MANSUR, DIARIO MANAGING EDITOR: That's correct, Greta. That happened on the second day of interrogations.

VAN SUSTEREN: Do you know when he supposedly made that statement to the police? Was it early on in his detention, or even before his detention or later?

MANSUR: No, it was when they had let them free. And when he came back, they (INAUDIBLE) him in as a suspect. On the second day of that detention, he broke down completely. He cried, and he admitted to the police, he confessed to the police that, we buried Natalee.

VAN SUSTEREN: Did he say where he'd buried Natalee?

MANSUR: He gave them indications. They put him in a police car. They brought him over here to the north of the Marriott Hotel, and he pointed towards some indistinct area by the fishermen's huts. Those are huts that the fishermen use them to guard their equipment, their nets, their knives, whatever they use in fishing.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. And we put up on the screen the picture of that area, the fishermen hut area, which is a little bit north of the Marriott Hotel there on the beach. Jossy, have the police searched the area to see whether or not there was, indeed, someone buried in that area?

MANSUR: They have searched it. I think the people from Texas also searched there. The Aruba search and rescue team also searched there. I think that based on this first confession, everybody went and concentrated on this area to the north of the Marriott Hotel, yes.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-the-record/2005/07/12/explosive-report-aruba
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #963 on: March 03, 2015, 08:25:05 PM »

Photo of construction on the Marriott

gee wilikers, no one ever came forward and said they
uncovered a body when they were under construction.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #964 on: March 03, 2015, 08:33:31 PM »

Looks like the Gambino family
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #965 on: March 05, 2015, 06:57:35 PM »

Doubtful anything would come out of the search, look at the past. It would be great if they found her though. I will keep praying they find her and don,t lie about it. FUBARUBA

Challapalca him!
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #966 on: March 06, 2015, 08:44:54 AM »

Joran has always spewed compound lies.

He is right where he needs to be for his crimes.

Hotel Midnight Express...
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #967 on: March 09, 2015, 05:12:37 PM »

Joran has always spewed compound lies.

He is right where he needs to be for his crimes.

Hotel Midnight Express...

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #968 on: March 17, 2015, 05:54:59 PM »

Freddy is 31 and she is 24.
bet Joran would have been the best man, except he's in the Midnight Express Hotel.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #969 on: March 17, 2015, 05:56:23 PM »

Judgement day is coming.,,,,,tick ...toc...
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #970 on: March 17, 2015, 06:03:35 PM »

That Anita sure knows her artwork!! Doesn't she usually have some kind of creepy hands or eyeballs in her own work?? 

How did I miss this. 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #971 on: March 17, 2015, 10:14:01 PM »

That Anita sure knows her artwork!! Doesn't she usually have some kind of creepy hands or eyeballs in her own work?? 

How did I miss this. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #972 on: March 18, 2015, 08:34:52 PM »

Losing representation a month before trial can't be a good thing for the Kalpoes  Monkey Devil!

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #973 on: March 18, 2015, 09:05:28 PM »

How did I miss this. 

wreck!
good to see you buddy

That has to be the funniest thing I have read.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #974 on: March 18, 2015, 09:07:22 PM »

Losing representation a month before trial can't be a good thing for the Kalpoes  Monkey Devil!

Me thinks Christmas is coming early this year.....tick...tock

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #975 on: March 18, 2015, 10:41:21 PM »

WHAT THE HELL!?!?!
Forget about who is paying for the Kalpoe attorneys - who has to pay Dr.Phil's expenses for the colossal waste of time and money???!!!??? The court should throw them all in jail!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #976 on: March 18, 2015, 10:51:44 PM »

I'm a bit confused - the original law firm in Chicago is different from the L.A firm withdrawing.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #977 on: March 18, 2015, 11:47:36 PM »

I'm a bit confused - the original law firm in Chicago is different from the L.A firm withdrawing.

If I remember correctly, they needed a California firm on their team.  The original firm is still representing the Kalpoes but the California firm is leaving.  Not sure what that will mean if anything at this point.  I fully expect to see more activity prior to the trial date of April 20th.  I don't think this will be going to trial actually.  We'll see. 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #978 on: March 19, 2015, 12:49:56 PM »

If I remember correctly, they needed a California firm on their team.  The original firm is still representing the Kalpoes but the California firm is leaving.  Not sure what that will mean if anything at this point.  I fully expect to see more activity prior to the trial date of April 20th.  I don't think this will be going to trial actually.  We'll see. 
I don't think it will ever make trial either. I'm sure the only reason why the L.A. firm bailed, is that they are not getting paid - why else would they?? If the Kalpoes (or their benefactor) can't/won't pay the bills, who is held responsible? I would think the Chicago law firm is on the hook for damages both ways.

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #979 on: March 19, 2015, 09:00:10 PM »

I don't think it will ever make trial either. I'm sure the only reason why the L.A. firm bailed, is that they are not getting paid - why else would they?? If the Kalpoes (or their benefactor) can't/won't pay the bills, who is held responsible? I would think the Chicago law firm is on the hook for damages both ways.

Watch the judge grant another delay while they look for another California firm. 

2 4 1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.