April 26, 2024, 06:18:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nationalizing/stealing Your 401K, IRA, Retirement...  (Read 1965 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 04, 2012, 12:57:44 PM »

I've seen the amount in IRAs, 401Ks, and other retirement plans estimated at between $12-$16 Trillion dollars.

Why?  30-40 years ago, smart people were saying 'Social Security' won't be there when you retire.  Save, save, save....

At the same time, some were also warning "We don't know if future governments will apply extra taxes...it should be taxed like regular income."  Or invest in a 403b type program...after taxes and pay less.

Sure, some high earning people salted away a little more than Warren Buffet.  Where did Buffet invest his money?  Folks like the Pelosi and Barney Frank families?  Did they salt away money in a 401k?  IRA?  I don't think so.

I recall that Pelosi has wineries.  Frank, from memory, has 'munis'.  Romney?  Who knows.  Note-Romney isn't in any position to vote to steal/comfiscate/nationalize anyone's 401k, IRA, or other.

Millions of little people like secretaries have salted away money in their retirement funds. Some little people didn't.  They spent everything, or maybe paid off their home.  Everyone had a different investment strategy and spending priorities.

Why should those that salted away in a formal retirement plan have their money confiscated/stolen/nationalized?  Where did Congress and the White House blow the Social Security Trust Fund money over the past 6-7 decades?  Maybe they invested in gold?  Maybe the fund really isn't empty?

Why should those that salted away in a formal retirement plan have their money confiscated/stolen/nationalized?

Why isn't Congress and the White House confiscating/nationalizing/stealing  the wealth of folks like Pelosi?  Frank?  Congressmen and presidents?

It seems like they should be putting their own money at risk for their spending priorities?  Why are they taking the money of the middle class working people first?

Why can't they give Obama the wealth and ask him to allocate them a fair allowance?

Why does it seem like the most elite, the wealthiest among us want to steal/confiscate/nationalize other peoples money and protect their own?

The money of everyday working folks?

Why don't they put their own skin in the game?
  Give it all away and start over?

There are a lot of wealthy/elite/politicians that should be at the head of the line when it comes to having their wealth confiscated, the little people with their 401ks, IRAs, etc. should be left alone.

just my humble opinions

p.s. I recall that many politicians and others likely had insider information they profited from for decades...did they really earn that money like the garbage man, waitress, or secretary?  I don't think so!

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 02:30:25 PM »

"California teachers union video features ‘rich’ urinating on the ‘poor’"

Watch video here - http://eagnews.org/radical-california-teachers-union-video-features-rich-urinating-on-the-poor-2/

The problem with the video?  The rich, the wealthiest among us, the ones that get all the benefits seem to be in government, support Obamanomics, and love giving away the money of working people.

Obamanomics has a job council that seems to be filled with the elite of manufacturing - those that get the stimulus bucks, export jobs to China and Mexico...

The jobs council seems to be self serving.  Those on the council want to raise taxes on their competition, the small business on Main Street.  

Obamanomics seems to ignore Main Street.  No new jobs for Americans.  Jobs overseas are never coming back, and few jobs will be created by the masses.  Where is the incentive?  

It should be about taxes on WORKING people.[/b]  People MAKING money.  I think it's about folks that have it salted away and are in positions that make sure they get to keep their money and the little people are taxed to death.

Why not eliminate all taxes?
 No more freebie giveaways to corporate cronies?  The elite?  The top 100 job council?  Let every American keep the fruit of their labor.  

Why not an across the board tax on imports?  Do any of those companies on Obama's job council pay their 'fair' share?  Pay their taxes in a timely manner?  Maybe they employs legions of accountants and lawyers to ensure their 'fair' share is as small as possible?

Why not END the Federal Reserve?  Hmmm...pay $100 in taxes and get $1 MILLION almost free from the Fed.  Hmmm...pay $100 in taxes and get $1.5 million from the Fed...and nobody has to know I got it, ever paid it back, or what I did with it!!!

Where did most of the stimulus / bailout money go?  The wealthiest among us?  The biggest campaign bundlers?  The able bodied welfare recipient?  

About those able bodied people...where are their taxes?  Their 'fair' share contribution?  Perhaps the government could sell their labor in bulk to the highest and they could go to a job too?  Get dressed and make themselves employable?

The problem with this video is that it seems to forget the wealthiest among us, and they do not earn income.  The wealthiest among us hire accountants, politicians, lobbyists, and lawyers to ensure their wealth is shielded from the taxman.

The wealthiest among us seem to be the ones yelling the loudest to increase the taxes on working people, those 'earning' a living, those trying to live the American dream...for some reason they seem to have ties to the White House, Congress, Treasury, Federal Reserve, China, Mexico, Wall Street, and Hollywood.  

The wealthiest and most fortunate among us seem to make the rules and the rules never seem to make them poor.  Their net worth never seems to decrease.  They don't seem to lose their jobs, their money, their homes...

Why aren't these folks putting up their own money?  The fruit of their labor?  Why do they insist on taking the money of the little people?

just my humble opinions

Whiskey Girl - please don't change the subject lines within a thread.  MB
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 02:55:12 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.