March 28, 2024, 03:07:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Israel Keyes  (Read 102641 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2013, 07:15:44 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/national/FBI-petitions-North-Texans--187190381.html
FBI needs help piecing together dead serial killer's crimes
January 16, 2013

While supposed serial killer Israel Keyes did kill himself in his Anchorage jail cell last month, the FBI still needs the public’s help to build a narrative of his crimes.
Investigators believe Keyes killed at least eight people across the U.S., zig-zagging the country kidnapping victims, robbing them and killing some. TIME Magazine reported in December that investigators didn’t know about the string of crimes until Keyes told them.
His spree lasted from 2001 until Feb. 2012.
 ::snipping2::
In March of last year, a Lufkin highway patrolman spotted Keyes driving his Ford Focus and pulled it over, recognizing it from a security video. Keyes was arrested and extradited. He confessed –– then confessed to at least eight murders. There may be more: Staring down at a possible death sentence, Keyes cut his wrists and hanged himself in his jail cell.
FBI investigators have pieced together Keyes’ travels since. And between Feb. 12 and Feb. 16, Special Agent Diego Rodriguez says he was in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
He told police that he was in Azle, Aledo and Cleburne. And, at some point, his car got stuck in a “muddy, rural area.” Rodriguez wants to speak to anyone who may have helped Keyes with his car.
During that same time period, Keyes may have also visited the Post Oak Cemetery in Glen Rose. If you saw a blue 2011 Kia Soul with a TX license plate of CN8-M857, you’re asked to call 1.800.CALL.FBI.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2013, 11:37:40 AM »

Dang Muffy I always thought it was him in the pictures of the bank robbery in Azle. But to see he admitted it. Gives me chills that is way to close to home for comfort. The bank hadn't been open for long and is right next to the post office in Azle and about 8 miles from where I live.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2013, 02:35:01 PM »

Dang Muffy I always thought it was him in the pictures of the bank robbery in Azle. But to see he admitted it. Gives me chills that is way to close to home for comfort. The bank hadn't been open for long and is right next to the post office in Azle and about 8 miles from where I live.

Israel Keyes was so evil.     It's scary knowing he was anywhere near you.  He could kill with no remorse.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2013, 04:11:57 PM »

Israel Keyes was so evil.     It's scary knowing he was anywhere near you.  He could kill with no remorse.    

He was EVIL yes it is scary that he was so close.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2013, 04:23:50 PM »

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/crime/187412801.html
FBI says serial killer may have been in Waco area, info sought
January 18, 2013

The FBI is asking for help from the public to get information on a confessed, recently deceased serial killer who may have been in the Waco area last year.

Federal authorities say Israel Keyes, who is thought to be involved in kidnappings and homicides across the United States from 2001 through March 2012, was in the Glen Rose and Dallas-Fort Worth areas between Feb. 12, 2012, and Feb. 16, 2012.

A Reuters news report indicates that authorities think Keyes, a 34-year-old U.S. Army veteran, may be responsible for the deaths of eight to 11 people.

It has not been confirmed that Keyes would have been in the Waco or Austin areas during that time, but because of the proximity to Glen Rose, it is a possibility, FBI Special Agent Erik Vasys said. Glen Rose is about 70 miles northwest of Waco.

Vasys said there is no direct evidence linking Keyes to a crime in this area, but added that Keyes’ mere presence raises suspicion that he may have committed an unknown offense.

Agents want to identify anyone who came into contact with Keyes and are seeking information about “any and all” of Keyes’ activities while in Texas, states a news release issued by the FBI to media Thursday afternoon.

More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2013, 05:58:13 PM »

http://www.seattleweekly.com/2013-01-23/news/israel-keyes-in-plane-sight/
Israel Keyes: In Plane Sight
Authorities didn't realize they had a jet-setting serial killer on their hands until an Anchorage inmate started talking.
January 23, 2013

And who were all these other victims he refused to identify? Could he have been the killer of, say, Seattle librarian Mary Cooper and her daughter, Susanna Stodden, shot to death at the Pinnacle Lake trailhead in Snohomish County in 2006? That memorable case occurred while Keyes still lived in Washington, and seems to fit his m.o.

(7 pgs)

Comments:

petelender 7 hours ago
The moment I read about this guy I thought of the Seattle librarian and her daughter killed on the trailhead in Snohomish County several years ago, a case still unsolved. I'm glad authorities are looking into the connection. It was a totally senseless murder - like all of this guy's. 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 06:03:38 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2013, 01:38:27 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/26/serial-killer-takes-secrets-to-his-grave-but-search-for-his-unknown-victims/
Serial killer takes secrets to his grave, but search for his unknown victims goes on
January 26, 2013

In 40 hours of interviews over eight months, Keyes talked of many killings; authorities believe there were nearly a dozen. He traveled from Vermont to Alaska hunting for victims. He said he buried "murder kits" around the country so they would be readily accessible. These caches — containing guns, zip ties and other supplies used to dispose of bodies — were found in Alaska and New York.
 ::snipping2::n December, he slashed his left wrist and strangled himself with a sheet in his jail cell. He left two pages of bloodstained writings. And many questions.

Investigators are now left searching for answers, but they face a daunting task: They're convinced the 34-year-old Keyes was a serial killer; they've verified many details he provided. But they have a puzzle that spans the U.S. and dips into Mexico and Canada — and the one person who held the missing pieces is dead. FBI agents on opposite ends of the country, joined by others, are working the case, hoping a timeline will offer clues to his grisly odyssey.
The FBI is seeking the public's help. On Jan. 16, a Dallas bureau press release stated Keyes was "believed to have committed multiple kidnappings and murders" across the country starting in 2001. It's looking for anyone who had contact with him on Feb. 12-16, 2012, when he was believed to be in various Texas cities.

More appeals are expected in other places.

FBI agents in Seattle and in Albany, N.Y., also are working with state and local authorities to try to verify tips from people who reported seeing Keyes. Unsolved homicides are being checked, too, to determine if Keyes was in the area at the time.

Video at Link

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2013, 10:17:19 PM »

http://www.kltv.com/story/21000995/fbi-releases-notes-of-serial-killer-arrested-in-lufkin

FBI releases notes of serial killer arrested in Lufkin

Posted: Feb 06, 2013 4:42 PM CST
Updated: Feb 06, 2013 4:42 PM CST

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) -
Handwritten notes found under Alaska serial killer Israel Keyes' body after he killed himself contained poetry about superficiality and consumerism in American society, along with disturbing ramblings about an unnamed victim under his control.

But the writings contained no specific details about his crimes and no information useful in the investigation, such as the names of additional victims, the FBI said Wednesday in releasing the notes.

The writings were on a yellow legal pad found underneath Keyes, who slit his wrist Dec. 2 in his Anchorage jail cell using the blade of a disposable razor that he had embedded in a pencil. He also had strangled himself with a bedsheet.

The notes were at first too bloody to read, so they were sent to an FBI laboratory in Virginia and restored.

The FBI determined Keyes left behind no code or hidden message in his writings. The agency offered no commentary on their meaning.

The first two pages of the sometimes illegible words make reference to U.S. colonizing and consuming.

"Land of the free, home of the lie, land of the scheme, Americanize! Consume what you don't need, stars you idolize, pursue what you adore it is a dream, then its American die," Keyes wrote.

The final two pages are far darker, referencing a person under his control, the person's obvious fear, and inevitable doom.

"You are my love at first sight, and though you're scared to be near me, my words penetrate your thought now in an intimate prelude," Keyes wrote.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2013, 10:50:09 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/confessed-alaska-serial-killers-suicide-note-leaves-few-235738260.html

Feb. 6, 2013

Alaska (Reuters) - A confessed Alaska serial killer waxed poetic in a blood-soaked suicide note about the dread his victims felt before they died, but law enforcement officials said on Wednesday the note yielded few clues to aid investigators searching for his victims.

Israel Keyes wrote the four-page note, made public by the FBI, before he killed himself in December while awaiting trial on charges of kidnapping and killing an Anchorage barista who vanished from an espresso stand last year.

Keyes, in interviews with investigators, had admitted killing 18-year-old barista Samantha Koenig, whose body was found in an iced-over lake. Before his death, he also confessed to killing at least seven other people across the country, and investigators have said the true toll could be higher.

His rambling note, written in pencil on lined paper, was thoroughly examined by cryptologists at the bureau's Virginia laboratory, said Eric Gonzalez, special agent for the FBI in Anchorage. But it contained no useful information.

"I looked in your eyes, they were so dark warm and trusting as though you had not a worry or care. The more guiless (sic) the gaze the better potential to fill up those pools with your fear," said the note, which mentioned no names and left no explicit explanation for Keyes' actions.

Another line read: "Your face framed in dark curls like a portrait, the sun shone through highlight of red, what color I wonder, and how straight will it turn plastered back with the sweat of your dread."

Other portions of the note, which also railed against consumerism and conventional American life, appeared to be attempts at poetry.

"You may have been free, you loved living your lie, fate had its own scheme, crushed like a bug you still die," it said.

TARGETED STRANGERS

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2013, 03:47:18 PM »

Gracious, how dark the words.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2013, 06:40:25 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2013/02/confessed_serial_killer_israel.html
Confessed serial killer Israel Keyes mistakenly given razor before suicide, report says
February 13, 2013

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- Confessed serial killer Israel Keyes was mistakenly issued a razor before he committed suicide, according to a report released Wednesday by the Alaska Department of Corrections that also said "it appears that razor was not retrieved."
Keyes' body was found in his jail cell on Dec. 2, months before he was to have gone on trial for the 2012 slaying of 18-year-old Anchorage barista Samantha Koenig.

Though Keyes' death was classified a suicide, the exact cause is unknown pending autopsy results, the report says.

Before he died, Keyes told investigators he had killed Koenig and at least seven other people across the country, including Bill and Lorraine Currier of Essex, Vt. Investigators believe there could be more victims in Washington, Oregon and Texas.

The state had previously denied an open records request from The Associated Press for details of events surrounding Keyes' death. Corrections officials didn't immediately return phone calls from the AP Wednesday.
Keyes was in state custody in Anchorage because there are no federal prisons in Alaska.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2013, 02:48:46 PM »

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/headlines/20130217-serial-killer-israel-keyes-left-mark-in-dallas-area-but-to-what-degree.ece
Serial killer Israel Keyes left mark in Dallas area, but to what degree?
February 17, 2013

ust about everywhere Israel Keyes went, he killed. And he went a lot of places. Authorities say the confessed serial killer traveled thousands of miles crisscrossing the country — even into Canada and Mexico — to leave a homicidal trail that is still being dissected.
Keyes was in North Texas one year ago this month when authorities say he spent Feb. 12-16 driving around Azle, Aledo and Cleburne in a rented car. According to FBI Special Agent Jolene Goeden, on Feb. 16 Keyes robbed a bank in Azle and burglarized and set fire to a house in Aledo. The homeowners were not home, she said.
No murder cases have been connected to him here yet, but one person who has studied Keyes says he doesn’t believe the Army veteran was here on a vacation.
“Wherever Israel Keyes passed through, you can believe someone wound up dead,” said investigative journalist M. William Phelps, star of the Investigative Discovery Network show Dark Minds.
Much More..

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2013, 11:27:49 AM »

http://www.cknw.com/news/vancouver/story.aspx/story.aspx?ID=1916053
Police still looking for answers in Highway of Tears murders
VANCOUVER/CKNW(AM980)

March 19, 2013

Police trying to solve the murders of 15 women along BC's Highway of Tears are confident they'll be able to provide more answers for all the families missing their loved ones more than 30 years.

RCMP Staff Sgt. Wayne Clary  says even though it's been six months since they linked serial killer Bobby Jack Fowler to three of the 18 victims more tips are still coming in.

The December suicide of another serial killer --who admitted to murdering at least eight people-- also makes him a Highway of Tears suspect.

Police have confirmed 34-year old Israel Keyes worked as a contractor in BC during 2005 and 2007.

He killed himself at a jail in Alaska.

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2013, 02:19:44 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/serial-killer-israel-keyes-offered-cops-bodies-cigar/story?id=18931582

Serial Killer Israel Keyes Offered Two Bodies for a Cigar

April 11, 2013

Serial killer Israel Keyes was willing to make a deal. He would give investigators the location of two bodies, a name and maybe, if he felt like it, a murder weapon. The price? A cigar, he said cheerfully.

In roughly 15 hours of newly released audio from jailhouse interviews with Keyes, the calculated killer discussed his motives, triggers and limits as he teased investigators with tidbits of information about up to a dozen other killings around the country.

A mostly jovial Keyes, 34, calmly and cavalierly chatted with investigators in the sessions, but made it abundantly clear throughout every conversation that he was in charge.

"All right," he said. "I'll give you two bodies and a name...I can give you one of the murder weapons and the rest of the story, like everything that happened, but I'm not going to give you the rest [today]."

He stopped and then added with a chilling levity, "If I get a cigar."

The authorities obliged, even asking if he wanted to smoke the cigar before or after the conversation.

"I'll do half a smoke before and if I can get the rest of it afterward," Keyes said.

After the smoke break, Keyes gave them the name, "Currier." It was the last name of a Vermont couple, Bill and Lorraine Currier, who had vanished in June 2011. He then used a Google map to show where their house was in Vermont and the place where their bodies could be found.

Police knew he had robbed a bank while he was in Texas, but he offered to tell them more.

"If you want, I can give you arson in Texas. I burned a house down, but I want a cigar for it," he said before laughing
"I was going to grab somebody from an ATM and take them to a house, but there were a lot of cops in Texas so I guess I kind of chickened out a little bit," he told investigators with a hint of embarrassment.

Keyes described an urge that would come over him every so often to "do something," whether it be a robbery, arson or murder. Doing one of these would usually quell the desire for a period of time, but he found himself wanting more as his crimes got more attention. It was at this point that he began to unravel.

"After the stuff in Alaska, I couldn't concentrate anymore on anything but that sort of thing, and just lost interest in work and whatever day-to-day stuff there was," Keyes said. "That's always the reason I've done the kind of things I've done, mostly for the adrenaline if not really for money."

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2013, 05:58:34 AM »

Thanks Babs  When I can handle it I will listen and read more. He was one sick azz wipe.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2013, 01:52:55 PM »

Thanks Babs,it will prob take me awhile to listen to theses,i just know it is
going to be rough hear

13 interviews, dates alaskadispatch Monday, April 2, 2012--Thursday, July 26, 2012 Part 2

Audio tapes reveal serial killer Israel Keyes' wish to be executed
Alaska Dispatch|
April 9, 2013
http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/20130409/audio-tapes-reveal-serial-killer-israel-keyes-wish-be-executed

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2013, 01:56:28 PM »

Audio: Serial killer bargained with prosecutors in exchange for death sentence
Jill Burke and Ben Anderson|
April 8, 2013
In his final interview, Israel Keyes made a chilling reference to the possibility of a death by his own hand, rather than waiting on the government to do it for him. “The bottom line is … we already all know how this ends,” says Keyes, laughing.
http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/20130408/audio-serial-killer-bargained-prosecutors-exchange-death-sentence

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2013, 02:00:04 PM »

Thanks Babs,it will prob take me awhile to listen to theses,i just know it is
going to be rough hear

13 interviews, dates alaskadispatch Monday, April 2, 2012--Thursday, July 26, 2012 Part 2

Audio tapes reveal serial killer Israel Keyes' wish to be executed
Alaska Dispatch|
April 9, 2013
http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/20130409/audio-tapes-reveal-serial-killer-israel-keyes-wish-be-executed

My thoughts exactly cw618. Just reading some of what he said made me sick.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2013, 03:12:46 PM »

i ran across this blog, it puts everything IK, in a comprehensive read

Posted by Molly Kaneski
Acting at Random: A Study of Israel Keyes
Sunday, May 19, 2013
http://israelkeyes.blogspot.com/

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2013, 06:53:05 PM »

i ran across this blog, it puts everything IK, in a comprehensive read

Posted by Molly Kaneski
Acting at Random: A Study of Israel Keyes
Sunday, May 19, 2013
http://israelkeyes.blogspot.com/
Thankyou CW, that was really interesting, what a sicko
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.