March 28, 2024, 05:39:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Climate Change "...the biggest party of the year"  (Read 2796 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 06, 2012, 05:06:32 PM »

"Obama Quietly Handing Over Billions of Dollars to the UN in the Name of Global Warming"

f course, the focus of this year’s global warming conference – like all the conferences before – is not the environment.  It’s about one thing: spreading the wealth around. As the Associated Press reported, “one of the main challenges will be raising climate aid for poor countries at a time when budgets are strained by financial turmoil.”

Three years ago, President Obama helped create a United Nations Green Slush Fund that would redistribute over $100 billion from developed countries to developing countries...

::snipping2::

At the global warming conference in Milan, I asked an African delegate who I knew why he had attended and he said, “It has nothing to do with the science; it’s because it’s the biggest party of the year.”...

read more and watch video here - http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=704a64c3-c4b6-0747-65d9-b2d6e8ebe36f

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 05:13:46 PM »

"How the UN hides secret talks in public"

Last year, half of the prolix negotiating text at Durban was hastily dropped within half a day of my blog posting revealing what not one of the world’s news media had bothered to cover – namely the actual contents of the final negotiating text, including proposals for a World Climate Court, rights of legal personality for “Mother Earth”, and a halving of CO2 concentration, which would kill most plants and animals.

Today, as yesterday, I tried to get a copy of the Doha draft. However, the U.N. has gone paperless (nominally to make a petty gesture towards cutting the staggering but irrelevant “carbon footprint” of these conferences). Now it is almost impossible for anyone to track down any of the vital documents. They seem not to be available from the “PaperSmart” booth (“not much Paper and not that Smart”, as one disgruntled delegate put it).

I had come straight to Qatar from Vilnius, where I had given the annual address to the Lithuanian Free Market Institute, whose president had later taken me to visit the Museum of Genocide in what had been the KGB headquarters and prison during the 50-year Soviet occupation of his brave country.

Wherever there are closed minds, cruelty and death may not be far away. Let us open those minds while there is still time.
Categories

read more here - http://www.cfact.org/2012/12/06/how-the-un-hides-secret-talks-in-public/

What are they hiding?  Why aren't the documents open to everyone?  Posted on the net?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 05:19:40 PM »

"Global Warming Skeptic Marc Morano Debates Bill Nye the Science Guy on Climate Change"

MARC MORANO, CLIMATE DEPOT: We followed the evidence. There are quite literally hundreds of factors that influence global temperature, everything from tilt of the earth's axis to ocean cycles to water vapor, methane, solar system, the sun, cloud feedback, volcanic dust. The idea that CO2 is the tail that wags the dog is not supportable.

And if you go down and look at the scientific literature, we are finding reams of data. And new peer-reviewed study showing the Medieval and Roman warming periods as warm or warmer than today without our CO2 emissions. So what's happened here is the whole movement, because now we've gone 16 years without global warming, according to the U.N. data [from UK Met Office], and they've now morphed into extreme weather.

And we have the absurd spectacle of people claiming that acts of Congress and United Nations can control the weather and make hurricanes less nasty and make tornadoes less frequent, which by the way none of them are showing any trends at all that are unusual.

MORGAN: OK. Bill Nye, your response?

NYE: Well, we start talking about the facts, those --

MORANO: Those are the facts.

NYE: Medieval warming period and the Roman warming period, those are just in Europe. And they're representative.

MORANO: CO2 is rising. No one is disputing that. What Bill and I just did was waste everyone's time explaining that CO2 is rising. The question is what impact does CO2 have on the weather, what impact the CO2 have on climate change. And that, as we you look at the geologic records, we've had warmer periods where it's been -- with higher -- with lower CO2 and we've had colder periods with higher CO2. And you have to go way back for some of that but the bottom line is hundreds of factors are dictating our climate.

The Medieval Warm Period was both southern and northern hemisphere. On my Web site there's literally [scores of studies] -- it demolishes the idea of a hockey stick, new peer-reviewed study, so the idea that Bill Nye is just going around saying CO2 is up, therefore global warming is dangerous, we should be concerned, it's not. It's not dangerous. The bottom line is all these factors --

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/12/04/climate-realist-marc-morano-debates-bill-nye-science-guy-global-warmi#ixzz2EJQ8RfEQ

Hopefully honest facts will win the day.

just my humble opinions

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 05:22:13 PM »

New Report: 'Extreme Weather Report 2012': 'Latest peer-reviewed studies, data & analyses undermine claims that current weather is 'unprecedented' or a 'new normal' 

Climate Depot's New 35-Page Report: 'Current weather is neither historically unprecedented, nor unusual' -- 'Extreme weather events are ever present, and there is no evidence of systematic increases'

Presented at UN Climate Conference in Doha, Qatar on Dec. 6, 2012

story here - http://www.climatedepot.com/a/18723/New-Report-Extreme-Weather-Report-2012-Latest-peerreviewed-studies-data--analyses-undermine-claims-that-current-weather-is-unprecedented-or-a-new-normal

report pdf - http://www.cfact.org/pdf/ClimateDepot-ExtremeWeatherReport2012.pdf

Climate Depot - http://www.climatedepot.com/

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 03:30:07 AM »

"DRIESSEN: Government eyes crippling climate-control measures
Raising energy costs will stifle economy, kill jobs"

Our planet’s climate has never been stable and never will be. Despite rising carbon-dioxide levels, average global temperatures have not risen for 16 years. There is no empirical evidence to support assertions and computer models that claim carbon dioxide drives climate change or to suggest that greenhouse gases have supplanted the complex natural forces that have produced big and little ice ages, floods and droughts, and stormy and quiescent periods throughout Earth’s history.
Emphasis added.

This is not science. It is political science, rooted in an ideological loathing of fossil fuels, economic growth and humanity itself.

The consequences for average workers and families will be dire.

These actions are intended to increase the cost of the hydrocarbon energy that powers our economy. Yet raising the cost of transportation fuels, electricity, lighting, heating and air conditioning will raise the price of food, materials and equipment. This will severely impact the bottom line for factories, utilities, offices, farms, shops, airlines, shippers, hospitals, schools, churches, charities and government offices. The poorest families may get rebates for their increased energy costs, but institutions will not. They will be forced to reduce wages, hours and benefits, hire fewer full-time employees, lay off people, outsource operations to countries where energy costs are lower or even close their doors.

read more here - http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/10/government-eyes-crippling-climate-control-measures/

Past generations wanted Americans to live a better life.  For some reason, this generation of elites wants Americans to live in poverty and be without hope for a better life.  Why is that?

Who profits when all those jobs go to places like China and Mexico?

just my humble opinions

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.