March 19, 2024, 01:52:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Every day they drop another fine strap around you..."  (Read 1761 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 10, 2012, 12:40:15 PM »

Years ago I read "Light In The Forest" in school, one of those many books you read and never use the information again.  Three things I remember from the book, True Son (Johnny), a slop bucket for pigs, and a quote about slavery.

From the book -

“Every day they drop another fine strap around you.  Little by little they buckle you up so you don’t feel it too much at one time.  Sooner or later they have you all hitched up, but you’ve got used to it by that time you hardly know it…You own a house and a piece of land and pays taxes.  You hoe all day in the cornfield and toil and sweat a diggin’ up stumps.  Piece by piece you get broke into livin’ in a stall by night, and by day pullin’ burdens that mean nothin’ to the soul inside of you.”

This is the kind of slavery that American's have been sold into for generations. 

Generations ago, I think parents and grandparents sold themselves and future generations into slavery via a Ponzi scheme called 'Social Security'.  For a small amount, iirc, 1% of the first $300 in income, big government would eliminate poverty among the elderly.  Today, it's not almost 15% on over $100,000 in income. 

One fine strap at a time...who would have guessed they'd need more than 1%?

For some reason, liberals and others have seen historical American slavery as somehow worse than anything other example in the history of the earth.  From memory, folks were born into slavery and could never escape.  They could never better their lot in life, buy their freedom, and this horrible existence was passed onto their children.  No way to better one's lot in life.

What of big government?  Social Security is not voluntary.  It is a debt load that generations of American are born into and can never escape.  There is no way to better one's lot in life with increasing taxes and government burdens.

What of Obamacare?  A birth tax?  Debt Service?  A birth tax?  Ever increasing debt?  Bondage no one will ever be free from.

Slavery.  Slavery by any name still stinks.  It's not new. 

Slavery - one fine strap at a time, stealing the freedom of generations of Americans, past, present, and future.

(for some reason, the government elite never tax themselves into slavery, their income stream and wealth seems to remain intact and keeps them among the 1/4 of the 1%.)

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 12:44:18 PM »

For some reason there doesn't seem to be a light in the forest for America.  Just a lost decades, increasing poverty and debt, loss of freedom and economic mobility, a dark age being foisted onto the backs of every day people on Main Street.

I think taxation is slavery.  There is no great civil society.  Why anyone thinks they are entitled to someone's labor or stored labor (money/wealth)?

Earn you own money.  Raise your own funds for charity.  Stop stealing from others to fund your signature legislation.  For some reason, the elite continue to get richer and the poor are losing ground every day.

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 03:20:23 AM »

"RAHN: Penalized for success
Regulatory growth means business death"

Last week, Christine Jacobs, the CEO of Theragenics Corp., a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange that makes medical devices and is involved in cutting-edge cancer cures, wrote a letter to President Obama explaining why it was necessary to “begin moving our U.S. manufacturing to Costa Rica.”...

::snipping2::

During the last six years, the United States has lost nearly 20 percent of its banks (7,401 banks in 2006 and now only 6,168), but during those same six years, the number of employees at the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. — one of the bank insurance and regulatory agencies — has grown by about 70 percent, from 4,475 to 7,537, or more than one employee per bank...

...She concluded her letter to the president: “Our 30-year-old company has done all our country has asked of it and has been punished. I am immensely sad at this writing.”

::snipping2::

The Washington statists love to talk about how compassionate they are and how we need to “give” them more of our money and be regulated by their wisdom. In fact, they misspend our money every day to feather their own nests and curry favor with media sycophants. Most of those members of Congress who voted for the additional tax on medical device manufacturers did not do so to deliberately cause excess deaths and job losses. By failing to think through the consequences of their actions, however, they were engaged in “willful negligence,” which is a felony when not committed by those in government. In this case, they were clearly engaged in the ultimate “fatal conceit” as described by the great economist and philosopher F.A. Hayek. America is stagnant because we are punishing and pushing out the Christine Jacobses and rewarding those who work in the regulatory and taxing agencies and their enablers. We ought to be doing the opposite.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/10/penalized-for-success/#ixzz2EjGAuxFq

Sorry, no jobs for Americans.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.