March 28, 2024, 03:12:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stealing Your Bread And Butter  (Read 2415 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 14, 2012, 11:44:41 AM »

?Buffett, Carter, Gates Sr. And Friends Call For Estate Tax
With 45% Teaser Rate Amid Fiscal Cliff Negotiations"

How much you can leave to your heirs without paying federal estate tax is another one of the burning tax questions Congress is dithering on amid fiscal cliff talks. Combating the camp that wants the estate tax repealed, a group of wealthy Americans put out a compromise proposal today that would set the estate tax exemption at $2 million per person, with a 45% teaser rate that would “rise on the largest fortunes,” according to Mike Lapham, director of Responsible Wealth, a project of the non-partisan, non-profit United for a Fair Economy, which is shopping the proposal on Capitol Hill today.

How is it fair that the richest of the rich, the BILLIONAIRES seem to think it's fair to take from those at the bottom of the heap?  Billionaires will likely still have billions to pass on.

What do they take from those at the bottom?  The family farm?  Someone leaving just $5 million behind?  A $1 million dollar tractor?  Some land? 

I think the goal is to steal from the bottom, steal their bread and butter.  The farm family and small business may not survive.  I imagine, the billionaire family will.

How is this moral in a 'just' world?  Civil society?  Isn't it more about stealing the 'bread and butter' from the little people?  Those at the bottom?

“We have the choice of taxing a small percentage of the wealthiest who certainly can afford it, or we can cut social programs for those who need them,” said Abigail Disney, a philanthropist and filmmaker and heir to the Disney fortune.

Hmmm...steal the farm?  When do the social program participants start working?  Giving back?  Working 40-60 hours a week to pay it forward?

If Congress does nothing, on Jan. 1, the exemption level reverts to $1 million per person with a top rate of 55% (the law before Bush tax cuts). President Barack Obama’s proposal is a $3.5 million per person exemption, with a flat 45% rate.

It seems to be about stealing the bread and butter, the tools of productive people to pay for the greed and power of the elite of the elite. 

Why isn't Obama taxing imported medical devises?  A 40% across the board tariff on imports?  Why are Americans losing their jobs and still having to pay for the scam marketing concept of 'healthcare'?

read more here - http://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleaebeling/2012/12/11/buffet-carter-gates-sr-and-friends-call-for-estate-tax-with-45-teaser-rate-amid-fiscal-cliff-negotiations/

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 11:50:09 AM »

Warren Buffett, whose worth is estimated at 46.7 billion and George Soros, who is worth 21.6 billion, have suggested that the estate tax be raised. In a joint statement Tuesday, Buffett, Soros and more than 20 other wealthy individuals asked Congress to lower the estate tax’s per-person exemption to $2 million from $5.12 million and raise the top rate to more than 45 percent from 35 percent.

read more here - http://guardianlv.com/2012/12/buffett-soros-ask-congress-to-raise-estate-tax-on-the-wealthy/

I've read that the wealthiest among the elite give a great portion of their wealth to charities they control, the elite among the elite.  They decide who gets the jobs.  How many OWS high debt students get these jobs?  How many of these elite jobs at elite charities and other such organizations go to cronies?

Corporations never die. When they get belly up, they never die.  Taxpayers get stuck pumping MILLIONS/BILLIONS into their dying carcasses and never see a penny back.  What do taxpayers get?  The shaft?  What do the elite get?  The gold mine.

Why don't hedge funds die?  Pay 40% a year of value?  Banks die off?  Pay 40% a year of the value?  Why aren't imports paying their fair share too?  Pay 40% across the board?

There seems to be something wrong when all the taxes and punishments are pointed at the little people on Main Street, the working families, small business.

Corporations never die, they never pay the death tax.  When they go bankrupt, taxpayers keep pumping in the money.  Where is the return on any of these investments?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 02:46:24 PM »

"The Cost of Spending: National debt nears 'dangerous level' "

As of today, every household in the United States owes about $140,000 of this debt.

The country is borrowing roughly $6 billion every day, and $239 million every hour. Put another way, that's $4 million every minute.

The country runs up so much debt for a fairly basic reason -- it spends far more than it takes in...

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/18/cost-spending-national-debt-nears-dangerous-level/#ixzz2FWnk2snM

Stop spending!  Stop advertising for new immigrants (legal and illegal) to come for the welfare state.  In what world is it fair for working people to watch the government import welfare families?  Don't we have enough naturally ocurring poor people?  Disadvantaged folks?

In what world is it ever fair that folks that paid into a retirement program like Social Security, get screwed because there isn't enough money to keep it going?

After the financial cliff over four years ago, what has changed?  Spending cuts?  Stop illegal immigration?  Illegals on welfare?  Deportations increase?

Need more money?  Why not make deeper cuts?  Let people keep the fruit of their labor?

I don't think there is ever a reason to raise taxes.  Politicians should be giving folks the following -

Peace Dividends/Tax Cuts 10%
Immigration Dividends/Tax Cuts 10%
Bank Bailout Dividends/Tax Cuts 10%
GM/Chrysler Dividends/Tax Cuts 10%
Dept. of Energy/Education/EPA Dividends/Tax Cuts 10%
Green Energy Investment Dividends/Tax Cuts 10%
Lower Unemployment Rate Dividends/Tax Cuts 10%
Dream Act/Executive Orders Dividends/Tax Cuts 10%
Etc.  Dividends/Tax Cuts 10%

Why is there ever a need to raise taxes?  Increase revenue?

just my humble opinions

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.