April 26, 2024, 11:03:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandy Hook Elementary School, Newton, CT - Multiple Deaths  (Read 277694 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #380 on: December 27, 2012, 08:44:33 PM »

Free weapons training offered to Utah teachers after school rampage
First Published Dec 24 2012 03:12 pm
Last Updated Dec 26 2012 03:29 pm

Concealed-weapons instructors are offering free permit courses and mass violence response training to public school teachers, an effort to arm more teachers in the aftermath of the Connecticut school shooting.

Utah is one of two states — Kansas being the other — that allows individuals with concealed weapons permits to carry their guns in a school.

Clark Aposhian, chairman of the Utah Shooting Sports Council, said he expects the class to reach its limit of 200 people and more will be turned away.

<snipped>

USSC has offered the course to teachers before, typically around the fall break, but after a Dec. 14 school shooting in Newtown, Conn., that left 28 dead, including the gunman, there was demand for another class, Aposhian said.

http://**/sltrib/news/55524114-78/utah-teachers-weapons-shooting.html.csp

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #381 on: December 27, 2012, 11:05:33 PM »

What does this mean?

More crimes?

http://www.ctpost.com/policereports/article/Sandy-Hook-affidavits-remain-sealed-4150259.php#ixzz2GJJtR0NU
crazybabyborg
« Reply #382 on: December 27, 2012, 11:58:01 PM »

I've been curious to see if there was a suicide note. He destroyed his computer which would make me think he didn't want anyone to know anything, but still, I've been curious. We won't know until they release what was seized from the home.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #383 on: December 28, 2012, 01:22:36 PM »

I'll go and be a Security guard for a school. I'm a dam good shot 

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #384 on: December 28, 2012, 01:26:56 PM »

http://**/breakingnews/ci_22272843

Newtown school shooter Adam Lanza wasn't wearing bulletproof vest, police say
Posted:   12/28/2012 07:28:39 AM PST
December 28, 2012 3:43 PM GMTUpdated:   12/28/2012 07:41:38 AM PST

Adam Lanza went into the Sandy Hook Elementary School wearing a utility vest, not a bullet proof vest, state police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance said Thursday.

"It was a fishing type vest, a jacket with a lot of pockets; it was not a bullet-proof vest," Vance said.

On Dec. 14, Lanza killed his mother, Nancy Lanza, then went to the Newtown school, where he opened fire, killing 20 children and six adults, police say.

Vance previously has said Adam Lanza primarily used a rifle - a Bushmaster AR-15 assault-style rifle - during the school shooting, though he also had Glock 10 mm and Sig Sauer 9-mm handguns, along with additional ammunition and multiple magazines for each gun that could hold "hundreds" of bullets.

A utility vest is readily available in any sporting goods store and while it would have provided Lanza with plenty of storage for ammunition, it wouldn't have protected him from gunfire. Police never fired on Lanza, who shot himself when police closed in on him, they say.

Some media outlets have reported that Lanza wore a bulletproof vest, which Vance refuted Thursday.
 ::snipping2::

crazybabyborg
« Reply #385 on: December 28, 2012, 01:53:15 PM »

I can see that you're a good shot, Blonde! 

Thanks for posting the article about the vest, grace-land. The information about this case has been all over the place and it's hard to count on anything, even when something has been reported. I understand not having information to report, but the misinformation that makes it to print and airtime is just remarkable.... and alarming.
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #386 on: December 28, 2012, 02:09:03 PM »

Thanks for posting the article about the vest, grace-land. The information about this case has been all over the place and it's hard to count on anything, even when something has been reported. I understand not having information to report, but the misinformation that makes it to print and airtime is just remarkable.... and alarming.
I am not going to link to them but the conspiracy nuts are out bad on this.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #387 on: December 28, 2012, 03:22:16 PM »

Not sure if being a good shot would help

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jersey-police-station-shooting-officers-shot-shooter-dead/t/story?id=18082491
crazybabyborg
« Reply #388 on: December 28, 2012, 03:55:10 PM »

I am not going to link to them but the conspiracy nuts are out bad on this.

I haven't looked, but I'm sure you're right, Alagary. I would think that all the ill-verified information out there is a lot of fuel for their fire, too!   
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #389 on: December 28, 2012, 04:04:29 PM »

Well im sure that if someone in that school would have had a gun it wouldnt have gone as far as it did. I have changed my mind & now agree that if teachers & school admin. Want to go through the training & are willing to carry, they should. Whatever it takes to protect our children. The government & local communities obviously arent going yo foot the bill for extra protection for our schools unless they have a politicians kid in attendance.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #390 on: December 28, 2012, 04:10:22 PM »

Well im sure that if someone in that school would have had a gun it wouldnt have gone as far as it did. I have changed my mind & now agree that if teachers & school admin. Want to go through the training & are willing to carry, they should. Whatever it takes to protect our children. The government & local communities obviously arent going yo foot the bill for extra protection for our schools unless they have a politicians kid in attendance.

Also ... six unarmed faculty members at Sandy Hook Elementary were gunned down like sitting ducks ... six unarmed faculty members who were denied their Consitutional right to defend themselves with lethal force if necessary.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #391 on: December 28, 2012, 04:33:25 PM »

Also ... six unarmed faculty members at Sandy Hook Elementary were gunned down like sitting ducks ... six unarmed faculty members who were denied their Consitutional right to defend themselves with lethal force if necessary.

Janet

Heroes of Newtown: Sandy Hook principal died lunging at gunman, others shielded students with their bodies
Dec 15, 2012 6:46 PM ET

<snipped>

School principal Dawn Hochsprung, school psychologist Mary Sherlach, and first grade teacher Victoria Soto were all among the dead — all apparently died trying to save the students of Sandy Hook. ....

When Lanza entered the school at about 9:30 a.m. Friday morning, Hochsprung was meeting with Sherlach, school therapist Diane Day and a parent to discuss a second-grader. That’s when the shots rang out.

“We were there for about five minutes chatting, and we heard Pop! Pop!, Pop!” Day told the Wall Street Journal. “I went under the table.”

Hochsprung and Sherlach ran out of the room, toward the shots. “They didn’t think twice about confronting or seeing what was going on,” Day said. Hochsprung lunged at the gunman when she confronted him, officials say. She was killed. Sherlach is also believed to have been killed.

Elsewhere in the school, Sito, 27, ushered her students into a closet for safety after she heard the shots, where she died shielding the youngsters’ bodies from gunfire. “That is how she was found,” Jim Wiltsie, a police officer, told the Journal. “Huddled with her children.”

<snipped>

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/12/15/the-heroes-of-newtown-sandy-hook-elementary-staff-died-protecting-students/

_____

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #392 on: December 28, 2012, 06:15:20 PM »

So how does that work if the shooter is wearing body armor and the weapon shoots six bullets per second?

How would someone who has little training compared to a police officer pull that off while they are taking care of the children as well?

The officers stopped a parent at first because they did not know what was going on at Sandy Hook.

The answer is to start outlawing these weapons so in a few years they are pretty well gone.

In the meantime, I guess we have to have armed guards, but it seems a lot of the school shooters are in the school as students. 

All I can see is that we have armed guards everywhere.  Even the police were not able to stop a shooter right in the police station though.
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #393 on: December 28, 2012, 07:30:09 PM »

So how does that work if the shooter is wearing body armor and the weapon shoots six bullets per second?

How would someone who has little training compared to a police officer pull that off while they are taking care of the children as well?

The officers stopped a parent at first because they did not know what was going on at Sandy Hook.

The answer is to start outlawing these weapons so in a few years they are pretty well gone.

In the meantime, I guess we have to have armed guards, but it seems a lot of the school shooters are in the school as students. 

All I can see is that we have armed guards everywhere.  Even the police were not able to stop a shooter right in the police station though.
A bullet proof vest only protects your chest & back. Shoot at whatever u can i say. Guns are never going to be gone just like drugs are never going to be gone. The illegality of anything doesnt make a difference to someone whos determined. U said yourself that people dont want to pay for the protection of police in schools or to make the schools more secure so the only alternative i see is to arm the staff.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #394 on: December 28, 2012, 08:12:04 PM »

This is the kind of life people think is freedom?

kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #395 on: December 28, 2012, 09:46:07 PM »

This is the kind of life people think is freedom?

Unfortunately this is the horrible world we live in. Too bad more people dont find god. Sandy hook elem.  is just one of the many evil things that take place in our world every day.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #396 on: December 29, 2012, 06:47:54 AM »

::snipping2:: (includes paraphrasing)
In 2010, The FBI estimated that there are over 200 million privately-owned firearms in the US.

No one knows the exact number of firearms owned by private citizens in the US, In 1995, the BATFE (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Fireams and Explosives) estimated that there were about 223 million firearms owned by individuals in the US. The number has increased since then.

There is no definitive answer, because most states don't require registration.
 ::snipping2::

http://www.voanews.com/content/a-13-2009-02-03-voa31-68765982/410686.html  and

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_guns_are_in_the_united_states_of_America

Guns aren't going to disappear in a few years, no matter what the circumstances are and they can't simply be outlawed without Supreme Court consideration. Gun ownership is a constitutional rights matter.
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #397 on: December 29, 2012, 11:02:33 AM »

12/28/12 Claim seeks $100 million for child survivor of Connecticut school shooting

"The unidentified client, referred to as Jill Doe, heard "cursing, screaming, and shooting" over the school intercom when the gunman, 20-year-old Adam Lanza, opened fire, according to the claim filed by New Haven-based attorney Irv Pinsky.

"As a consequence, the ... child has sustained emotional and psychological trauma and injury, the nature and extent of which are yet to be determined," the claim said"

http://news.yahoo.com/claim-seeks-100-million-child-survivor-connecticut-school-003646074.html
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #398 on: December 29, 2012, 12:23:46 PM »

12/28/12 Claim seeks $100 million for child survivor of Connecticut school shooting

"The unidentified client, referred to as Jill Doe, heard "cursing, screaming, and shooting" over the school intercom when the gunman, 20-year-old Adam Lanza, opened fire, according to the claim filed by New Haven-based attorney Irv Pinsky.

"As a consequence, the ... child has sustained emotional and psychological trauma and injury, the nature and extent of which are yet to be determined," the claim said"

http://news.yahoo.com/claim-seeks-100-million-child-survivor-connecticut-school-003646074.html

Well this just sickens me. These people should be thankful that their child is alive. Im sure the rest of those families would trade any amount of money to have their loved ones back.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #399 on: December 29, 2012, 02:14:17 PM »

Well this just sickens me. These people should be thankful that their child is alive. Im sure the rest of those families would trade any amount of money to have their loved ones back.
This is ridiculous.  I pray it isn't true. The intercom was turned on so everyone could hear and know what was going on. They should be thankful. Who isn't suffering that was there that day? 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.