March 28, 2024, 03:21:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandy Hook Elementary School, Newton, CT - Multiple Deaths  (Read 276041 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: December 14, 2012, 01:12:12 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/14/us-connecticut-towns-idUSBRE8BD0U120121214
Children shot and killed at Connecticut school: report
December 14, 2012

(Reuters) - At least 27 people, including children, were killed on Friday when at least one shooter opened fire at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, CBS News reported, citing unnamed officials.

The shooter, the father of a student there, was also killed, CBS News reported. The principal and school psychologist were among the dead, CNN said.

There were unconfirmed reports of a second shooter after witnesses reported hearing dozens of shots fired.

Sandy Hook Elementary School teaches children from kindergarten through fourth grade - roughly ages 5 to 10.
 ::snipping2::
Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 01:15:21 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/14/police-respond-to-shooting-at-connecticut-elementary-school/
At least 26 dead in shooting at Connecticut elementary school
December 14, 2012

DEVELOPING: Authorities say at least 26 people, including 18 children, were killed Friday when a gunman opened fire inside a Connecticut elementary school.

A law enforcement official said the shooter, who is dead, is believed to be a father of one of the students at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.

An official with knowledge of the situation told the Associated Press that the man apparently had two guns.

Earlier reports of a second gunman are unconfirmed. The Connecticut Post reports that police are also questioning a handcuffed man in connection with the shooting. Witnesses told the newspaper he was led out of the woods by officers.

Shortly after 9:40 a.m., authorities reported that a shooter was in the main office of the school. A person in one room had "numerous gunshot wounds," police told the Hartford Courant.

A dispatcher at the Newtown Volunteer Ambulance Corps said a teacher was shot in the foot and taken to Danbury Hospital. Local news outlets also reported that the principal was among those shot.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said two firearms were recovered from the scene.

President Obama was notified of the shooting around 10:30 am ET, White House officials said.

The Newtown School District has locked down schools as a preventive measure to ensure the safety of students and staff.

A statement on the district's website stated that afternoon kindergarten classes have been canceled.

The elementary school has close to 700 students.

Newtown is in Fairfield County, about 45 miles southwest of Hartford and 60 miles northeast of New York City.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 01:18:25 PM »

I am in shock. Prayers for all the families of the school.   an angelic monkey             What is wrong with people today.  ::MonkeyNoNo::To shoot any one but babies is sick.   

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 01:32:32 PM »

I am in shock. Prayers for all the families of the school.   an angelic monkey             What is wrong with people today.  ::MonkeyNoNo::To shoot any one but babies is sick.   

I just don't know Green Eyes.    

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 01:34:21 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/12/live-updates-newtown-ct-school-shooting/
LIVE UPDATES: Newtown, CT School Shooting
December 14, 2012

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 01:36:06 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/state-police-respond-to-report-of-school-shooting-in-newtown-conn-lockdown-in-place/2012/12/14/df59a9aa-4602-11e2-8c8f-fbebf7ccab4e_story.html
Official with knowledge of Conn. school shooting: 27 dead, including 18 children
December 14, 2012

NEWTOWN, Conn. — A shooting at a Connecticut elementary school Friday left 27 people dead, including 18 children, an official said.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was still under way. Another official, speaking on condition of anonymity for the same reason, said the gunman at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown was killed and apparently had two guns.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 01:37:10 PM »

http://www.wsvn.com/video/ch2/

I was watching this link and a reporter is talking.  Not sure she realizes her audio is on.  She was on the phone with a federal LE source and she confirmed with the source that someone named Peter Laza is the shooter.  I can't believe she doesn't realize she can be heard.  She just repeated the conversation to someone named Darius.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 01:38:22 PM »

She also said that the Fed source confirmed that a 'person of interest' was taken into custody soon afterward and is being questioned.  They wouldn't tell her if it was a second shooter or how he was connected to case.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 01:39:22 PM »

Reporter's name:  Susan Canttoti  (sp)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 02:04:58 PM »

KittyMom, the reporter you heard would be Susan Candiotti with CNN.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/14/shooting-reported-at-connecticut-elementary-school/comment-page-60/
Children and adults gunned down in Connecticut school massacre
December 14, 2012

There's been a mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut
We're told "close to 20" people are dead, including at least 10 children; the shooter is also dead
Below are the latest updates as they come to us or you can read our story of the Connecticut school shooting
[Updated at 1:47 p.m. ET] A few more details from the White House press briefing earlier. White House spokesman Jay Carney said while today is not the day to debate gun policy, an assault weapons ban "does remain a commitment" of President Obama.

[Updated at 1:45 p.m. ET]  We are now learning that a male is being questioned by investigators, but he is not being called a suspect, CNN's Susan Candiotti reports.

[Updated at 1:42 p.m. ET] Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance said the shooter is dead inside the school.

Vance said there are a number of fatalities that includes both children and adults. He did not add more details about how many people were killed during the school shooting.

[Updated at 1:41 p.m. ET] Police have now begun their briefing on the shooting.

[Updated at 1:32 p.m. ET] We're hearing more from the scene of the massacre through tweets and interviews.

Video at Photo Slide Show at Link

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 02:30:52 PM »

Thanks, muffy.  It would make sense as I was directed to that site through Foxnews.  Maybe it's a local news station that was allowing the bigger media to use their feed?  That might explain why the audio was on and she seem oblivious to it.  She also talked about search warrants being executed and that the number of dead was 28. 

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 02:33:11 PM »

I'm seeing stuff on twitter that the shooter's mom was a teacher at the school and one of the dead.  Also that he's 24 and had 4 guns.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 02:39:12 PM »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-12-14/newtown-shooter-identified-ryan-lanza-new-jersey
Newtown Shooter Identified As Ryan Lanza From New Jersey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 02:39:22 PM »

I'm seeing stuff on twitter that the shooter's mom was a teacher at the school and one of the dead.  Also that he's 24 and had 4 guns.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, 02:40:32 PM »

I am in shock. Prayers for all the families of the school.   an angelic monkey             What is wrong with people today.    To shoot any one but babies is sick.   

Same thoughts here!   

So sad, praying for the families that lost someone today and for all of the children that were surely terrified if nothing else!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 02:41:47 PM »

http://theothermccain.com/2012/12/14/connecticut-school-shooting/
It is now being reported that police have found the body of one of the 20-year-old gunman’s parents at a home in New Jersey.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 02:45:14 PM »

Reportedly Ryan Lanza's facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/rlanza?ref=ts&fref=ts

Lives in Hoboken, New Jersey
From Newtown, Connecticut
Quinnipiac
Male

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 02:48:55 PM »

Just saw that mom may be kindergarten teacher. 

I was watching parents being interviewed this morning and they were saying that the security is good at the school.  The doors are kept locked and you have to provide id in the office before you can see anyone or pick up a child.  If the shooter's mom worked at the school, that might explain how he gained access to a classroom.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 03:02:39 PM »

I'm speechless and so very sad and sick.     My PRAYERS to all the victims and thier families.

I pray no Monkeys are in the area!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2012, 03:07:45 PM »

http://www.wfsb.com/category/216668/wfsb-eyewitness-news-livestream-1

Reporter just reported that suspects younger brother is in custody.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.