March 28, 2024, 11:26:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandy Hook Elementary School, Newton, CT - Multiple Deaths  (Read 276062 times)
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2012, 04:35:10 PM »

Tearful Obama calls for action after shooting
AP Photo
WASHINGTON (AP) - A tearful President Barack Obama said Friday he grieved first as a father about the massacre at a Connecticut elementary school, declaring, "Our hearts are broken today." He called for "meaningful action" to prevent such shootings but did not say what it should be. "The majority of those who died were children - beautiful, little kids between the ages of 5 and 10 years old," Obama said.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/fronts/HOME?SITE=AP

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2012, 04:41:02 PM »

AP source: Suspect drove to mother's school
WASHINGTON (AP) - The suspect in the Connecticut school shootings is Adam Lanza, 20, the son of a teacher at the school where the shootings occurred, a law enforcement official said Friday. A second law enforcement official says the boy's mother, Nancy Lanza, is presumed dead. Adam Lanza's older brother, Ryan, 24, of Hoboken, N.J., is being questioned by police, said the first official. Earlier, a law enforcement official mistakenly transposed the brothers' first names.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/fronts/HOME?SITE=AP

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2012, 06:02:38 PM »

Good evening monkeys,

Too much, too much pain.  No real words.  I stopped in here just to share my grief.

I did google Adam Lanza and went to images.  There were photos of a lovely young man involved in sports at Trinity College and from Conn.   May or may not be the same person. 

I read the principal had just upgraded the security system but Adam shot his way into the school.   

Just rambling, just sad,  glad I homeschool my child.  Too much...
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2012, 07:06:58 PM »

Watching Brian Williams NBC. He is saying the shooter is Adam -- but he had his brother Ryan's id on him -- reason for the initial confusion. Ryan has indicated that his brother had mental issues. Williams also reported that Adam killed his mother at home and then went to the school and killed the kids. His mother was a kindergarten teacher at the school. The guns Adam had were legally registered to his mother.

Who the he$$ kills kids! This is too much sadness

Cliff Van Zandt said the fact that he killed his mother at home -- and then went to kill her 'kids'....he was trying to keep hurting her even after he killed her Sad

I am truly overwhelmed. I'm sure everyone is Sad

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2012, 07:36:46 PM »

Gunman kills 20 children, 6 adults at Connecticut elementary school
Published December 14, 2012

Twenty-seven people, including 20 children, were killed Friday when a gunman clad in black military gear opened fire inside his mother's kindergarten class at a Connecticut elementary school.

The shooter, who sources identified as Adam Lanza, 20, shot his mother, Nancy Lanza, in the face at their home in Newtown, Conn., then went to nearby Sandy Hook Elementary School where she taught and gunned down her entire class, according to sources. Lanza was found dead inside the school, according to officials. Eighteen of the children and six more adults were dead at the school and two more children died later, according to Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/14/at-least-27-dead-in-shooting-at-connecticut-school/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2012, 07:37:13 PM »

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2012, 07:38:47 PM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2012, 07:40:00 PM »

Images

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/14/at-least-27-dead-in-shooting-at-connecticut-school/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2012, 07:44:45 PM »

Father of Connecticut school gunman got news from reporter waiting at home
Published December 14, 2012

he father of the man sources say killed 26 at a Connecticut school before taking his own life learned of his son's likely involvement from a reporter outside his home.

Police had just left Peter Lanza's Stamford, Conn., home after conducting a welfare check when Lanza drove up in his Mini Cooper, according to Hearst Connecticut Media.

"Is there something I can do for you?" he said.

When the reporter told Lanza his address had been linked to the shooting in Newtown, Conn., on the other side of Fairfield County, he "took the news as a blow -- his face turning from patient to surprised and horrified" before declining to comment, rolling up his window and driving into the garage, according to the Hearst Connecticut report.

<snipped>

Peter and Nancy Lanza divorced in 2008, according to Hearst Connecticut. Peter Lanza reportedly works as vice president of taxes for GE Energy Financial Services.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/14/father-connecticut-school-gunman-got-news-from-reporter-waiting-at-home/?intcmp=trending

_____

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2012, 07:59:03 PM »

what has happened to the world in the last 24hr,everyone pizzed off at the same time
i found another tragedy, in china checking on sandy hook

sandy hook victims
26  an angelic monkey 1
china victims
22  an angelic monkey 1

5pgs

The Hartford Courant Staff
7:08 p.m. EST, December 14, 2012
http://www.courant.com/news/breaking/hc-police-responding-to-incident-in-newtown-20121214,0,3969911.story

Knife-wielding man injures 22 children in China
By Terril Yue JonesReuters
1:48 a.m. EST, December 14, 2012
http://www.courant.com/sns-rt-us-china-stabbingsbre8bd065-20121213,0,5592318.story

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2012, 08:36:28 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57559350/connecticut-gunman-sought-to-kill-as-many-children-as-possible/
Connecticut gunman sought to kill as many children as possible
December 14, 2012

CBS News) NEWTOWN, Conn. - Police say it's clear that the gunman who opened fire at Sandy Hook Elementary School Friday was on a mission to kill as many people as possible. He took at least three guns and multiple clips of ammunition to target a defenseless elementary school and children as young as five.

Police say 20-year-old Adam Lanza was armed for a mass murder when he attacked a target he knew very well.
Lanza, whose mother was a teacher at Sandy Hill Elementary arrived in the school parking lot driving his mother's Black Honda.

He was carrying two lethal semi-automatic handguns: a Sig Sauer, the type of gun carried by Secret Service agents, and a Glock 9mm, a model used by many police officers and federal agents across the United States.
Officials say Lanza headed directly for a specific section of the school and opened fired, killing students in two classrooms. It is not known how many rounds he fired, but both guns are capable of carrying high-capacity extended clips, which can hold up to 30 rounds.
 ::snipping2::
Lanza died of a self-inflicted gunshot inside the school. But investigators suspect he may have intended to carry out a broader attack.

A third gun, a .223 assault rifle, was found outside the school in the back of his mother's car. It's similar to the type of gun used in the shooting on Tuesday at a mall outside of Portland, Oregon. CBS Correspondent John Miller reports said the guns were registered under her name.

Lanza's older brother, Ryan, is still being questioned by police who want to know what he might have known about the attack.

Ryan Lanza, the older brother of suspected Connecticut elementary school shooter Adam Lanza, was taken into police custody in Hoboken, N.J., Friday. He is being questioned, but has not been named a suspect.

Sources say at this point he is not a suspect.

Investigators say they now believe the killing spree began at the home Lanza shared with his mother, who was a kindergarten teacher at the school.

CBS correspondent John Miller reports that Adam had the bigger personality of the two brothers. Ryan, 24, was the quiet one, went to business school and lived in New Jersey. Investigators believe that this shooting was the result of a conflict between he and his mother that was developing for a long time -- killing her and then killing what she loved most -- her students.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2012, 08:39:41 PM »

I really have no words to express how I feel...nor, do I have words that can come close to comforting these families.  I can only ask why?  I need to know why?  I just cannot grasp this...lines are crossed and moved forward seemingly every week...when is the line going to stop moving...and things are actually taken seriously?  If this guy had a mental illness...and his mental illness was bad enough to lead to the shooting of his mother, innocent professionals, and especially innocent little children...then why on earth did no one notice?  I am not putting blame on his family...they may not have seen anything off...I work in the field...and have for ten years...I truly believe that I would have known...so, how can we get the message out there...for everyone to take mental illness seriously and know the signs...

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
crazybabyborg
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2012, 08:43:39 PM »

My prayer tonight, with no intended offense to anyone who may pray differently, is:

Dear God,
You have told us that all we have to do is knock and the door to you will be open. I know that as those who are reaching out to the families tonight, to comfort and offer strength in love, You are there. I know, Lord, that as our hearts bring us to our knees to ask that you gather the little children that are now in your care, and let them feel your joy, You already are holding their hands. God, help us find a way to invite you back into our schools and seek you on the front end of tragedy. As you are Love, You do not push your way or come unbidden. Help us knock Lord, so the door may be open wide. Please give comfort and peace to those Mothers and Fathers, Sisters and Brothers, and Families who tonight are in pain. Be with them as they see the Christmas lights that made their little one's eyes sparkle. Heal their soul, Lord, for they are wounded.
There is no answer for this evil from us, Lord. You are the only answer and I humbly ask You to push back the fog that has caused us to take a path away from You. Protect the children; place your safe hands around them and may their guardian angels be watchful and vigilant. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2012, 09:04:39 PM »

I'm weary...I worry that there will be copy cats, that there will be more mentally unbalanced people ready to commit some random henious act.  I heard Dr. Drew say we have to take control of our families, our communities, etc.  But I have heard people spout so much hatred and violence about "the system" that I wonder where we start. Not only do I not have any answers, I no longer have the questions.

Dear God, take my heart and my mind and direct them to the path of making things better for whom ever.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2012, 09:16:40 PM »

There Are No Words: The Tragedy in Photos
December 14, 2012

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/there-are-no-words-the-tragedy-in-photos/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2012, 09:18:56 PM »

There Are No Words: The Tragedy in Photos
December 14, 2012

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/there-are-no-words-the-tragedy-in-photos/

_____

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2012, 09:22:24 PM »

What a perfect and beautiful prayer CBB. 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2012, 09:31:48 PM »

OH DEAR GOD … Massacre in Newtown, CT … Shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School … 27 Dead, 20 Children Murdered … Shooter, Teachers son Adam Lanza Kills Himself

TONIGHT, ALL OF AMERICA CRIES … IT DOES NOT GET ANY WORSE THAN THIS.

Posted December 14, 2012 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/12/14/oh-dear-god-massacre-in-newtown-ct-shooting-at-sandy-hook-elementary-school-27-dead-20-children-murdered-shooter-teachers-son-adam-lanza-kills-himself/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2012, 09:56:03 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2012, 10:32:01 PM »

SM FRONT PAGE

Nightmare in Newtown, CT: 27 People Killed, 20 Children Murdered (VIDEO)

The small, sleepy town of Newtown, CT awoke today to the most unspeakable terror imaginable. Police, FBI and federal authorities showed up to a most grisly and horrific murder scenes.  Newtown is 45 miles southwest of Hartford. God bless the families and these precious children.

Posted December 14, 2012 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/12/14/nightmare-in-newtown-ct-27-people-killed-20-children-murdered-video/

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.