March 28, 2024, 12:31:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandy Hook Elementary School, Newton, CT - Multiple Deaths  (Read 276066 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2012, 11:11:44 PM »

When this story broke this AM I quickly got on the phone to get as much info as I could. It was not to write a story, but because of family and friends. Pretty much all of my family is from CT and covers almost all of the state. I actually went to HS about 20 miles away from Newtown, CT. I know the area very well from my HS days of going to  Brookfield, Danbury, Southbury and all areas inbetween. The news was all over the place and there was a lot of misinformation in the fog of the story. Thankfully, no family members or friends were directly affected; however, like many here, they were just shocked and sickened by the news.

My heart breaks for these children and their parents. We do so much work, research, searching for missing children, but this senseless mass murder of little children between the ages of 5 and 10 just devastated me today. My prayers go to the victims, especially the children whose lives were ended far too short.

KUDOS to the teachers who were true heroes in protecting and sheltering the children. Sadly, some of them paid the ultimate price, protecting the children with their lives.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2012, 11:13:35 PM »

My prayer tonight, with no intended offense to anyone who may pray differently, is:

Dear God,
You have told us that all we have to do is knock and the door to you will be open. I know that as those who are reaching out to the families tonight, to comfort and offer strength in love, You are there. I know, Lord, that as our hearts bring us to our knees to ask that you gather the little children that are now in your care, and let them feel your joy, You already are holding their hands. God, help us find a way to invite you back into our schools and seek you on the front end of tragedy. As you are Love, You do not push your way or come unbidden. Help us knock Lord, so the door may be open wide. Please give comfort and peace to those Mothers and Fathers, Sisters and Brothers, and Families who tonight are in pain. Be with them as they see the Christmas lights that made their little one's eyes sparkle. Heal their soul, Lord, for they are wounded.
There is no answer for this evil from us, Lord. You are the only answer and I humbly ask You to push back the fog that has caused us to take a path away from You. Protect the children; place your safe hands around them and may their guardian angels be watchful and vigilant. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

AMEN!!!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2012, 11:25:18 PM »

Heartbreaking Photos: Hundreds Gather for Candlelit Vigil After Conn. Shooting Rampage
Posted on December 14, 2012

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/hundreds-gather-for-candlelit-vigil-after-conn-shooting-rampage/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2012, 12:24:36 AM »

I really have no words to express how I feel...nor, do I have words that can come close to comforting these families.  I can only ask why?  I need to know why?  I just cannot grasp this...lines are crossed and moved forward seemingly every week...when is the line going to stop moving...and things are actually taken seriously?  If this guy had a mental illness...and his mental illness was bad enough to lead to the shooting of his mother, innocent professionals, and especially innocent little children...then why on earth did no one notice?  I am not putting blame on his family...they may not have seen anything off...I work in the field...and have for ten years...I truly believe that I would have known...so, how can we get the message out there...for everyone to take mental illness seriously and know the signs...

Good post, Labubske.

WHY? It's a witches cauldron mix of things working in perfect synchronization with operatic flair.
  • Destruction of families over decades upon decades - creating unstable home life through divorce & more things
  • A home breeched is an unhealthy home where order slowly decays into disorder. It will get worse and end with nothing left to live for
  • Angry zombies with no hope left - they will kill who they perceive to have done them wrong. They will kill others who are perceived to have had a hand in it. True or not
  • I call that the Aligator death spiral - it keeps going down and hurting more and more - no end in sight
  • Hyper violent scenes in movies looped repetitively in the new world media
  • Hyper violent video games which you can actually play while you are in dream sleep - conditioning the brain for low or no impulse control
  • They desensitize - the higher damage that can be achieved reaps the highest rewards in multi. body counts. No empathy required when your goal is to cause large scale pain and death in a white hot rage

Just do it. No thought or feeling  required. When you achieve that level - you are rewarded with high score creds.

You caught my attention with copy cats. Boy! You are right and they are probably having an orgasm over each tv clip shown. They are thinking, hey, I could do that. I love fame. I could have done it better! (bragging - one of their biggest attributes) The only time these parasites take a minute to have a human emotion is to care - unfortunately, it's only to care about how much worse they can
make things.

I found it interesting that Nancy owned and had target practice with all of those impressive weapons. Someone sharp enough to comply with the current gun laws. Yet, she couldn't control a son
with Asperger's Syndrome. She had been telling friends that Adam was out of control and the house was in chaos. She probably did what many do with problem kids - keep putting off a solution for
one more day - hope and pray things get better. However, when one does that, you are only buying time... and usually making the problem worse.

Eventually, the problem will solve itself if left unmanaged/poorly managed... and then the ultimate result is what we have here today. 20 dead kids from 5-10 shot execution style for NO REASON.

The only reason was locked in Adam's head that he blew off... and it probably only would have made sense to a psychotic. His reason was a non-reason. A Hollywood nonsensical fantasy. A cheap Quinton Tarantino horror flick playing out in his head.

Little problems become global ones if left unchecked. Thank you Nancy for spreading the love around. I know you loved Adam - but he hated you to death for it. RIP lady. I am pretty sure you
didn't want it to end this way.

Anybody who could harm a child - needs to immediately have their right to breathe card revoked. You are vermin - you are to be hunted. Your body and mind, it's gone empty. God Bless the little ones and their families in gut-wrenching pain out there tonight!

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2012, 12:57:11 AM »

No words can express my sorrow. CBB's prayer brought tears to my eyes all over again. Carpe's words are right on.

Everyone wants to jump on the knee jerk reaction to ban guns -- that is not the underlying issue. It's the decay of the psyche of America, the decay of the family (and family values) and the general desensitization of our youth from movies and video games that is causing this evil to spread. I certainly understand the calling for a ban on guns -- it's the "caring, compassionate" thing to do -- it makes total sense on the surface. However, it is not quite so black and white. The genie is already out of the bottle -- when you out law guns only the "outlaws" will have guns! Then where are we?!?

Maybe these Hollywood liberals so emphatic that we listen to their calls for banning guns should start with their OWN industry and refuse to make movies glorifying this mindless violence. -JMO

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2012, 06:57:03 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/15/us/connecticut-school-shooting/?hpt=hp_t1
'Why? Why?': 26 dead in elementary school massacre
December 15, 2012

Newtown, Connecticut (CNN) -- The bodies of children and educators lay where they fell in a Newtown, Connecticut, elementary school -- in classrooms and hallways -- as investigators worked to identity the dead early Saturday while piecing together the path of the gunman.
Twenty children and six adults were killed when the shooter opened fire Friday morning at Sandy Hook Elementary School in a rampage that shattered the quiet of this southern New England town and left a nation reeling over the number of young lives lost.
Authorities were expected to announce the identities of the dead as early as Saturday morning, though the bodies could remain inside the school until as late as Sunday, said Lt. J. Paul Vance, a spokesman for the Connecticut State Police.
 ::snipping2::

Three weapons were recovered from the school: a semi-automatic .223 Bushmaster found in a car in the school parking lot, and a Glock and a Sig Sauer found with Lanza's body, a law enforcement official familiar with the investigation said, on condition of anonymity.
The weapons were legally purchased by Lanza's mother, said the official, who was not authorized to release details of the case to the media.
After killing his mother, investigators believe Lanza took her guns and made his way to the elementary school. There, dressed in black fatigues and a military vest, according to a law enforcement official, Lanza reportedly targeted two classrooms of kindergartners and first-graders.
How he got into the school remains a question as the doors were locked. At about 9:30 a.m., as announcements were read over the loudspeaker to the nearly 700 students, the first shots reportedly rang out.

Inside a classroom, Vollmer was still reading to the children when police officers banged on the locked door.
The kindergartners were told to line up and cover their eyes as they were led by police past bodies, presumably of their fellow schoolmates, Vollmer said.
As reports of the shooting made their way around town, frantic parents descended on a nearby firehouse where the children had been taken.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2012, 07:25:37 AM »

When I first saw the news of the shooting, my hands were shaking so hard I had difficulty starting this thread. The initial news was absolutely horrifying.     I'm still trying to process this, to begin to comprehend... 

My heart and prayers go out to all those involved and affected by Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2012, 09:07:08 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57559381/sandy-hook-victims-identified-bodies-removed-from-school-overnight/
Sandy Hook victims identified, bodies removed from school overnight
December 15, 2012

(CBS News) The bodies of all of the deceased victims of the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting were positively identified by early Saturday morning, according to Connecticut State Police spokesman Lt. Paul Vance.

Vance shared new details regarding the ongoing investigation Saturday on "CBS This Morning: Saturday," confirming that the families of the victims have been notified, and that the victims' bodies were removed from the school overnight.

"Our objective certainly was to positively identify the victims to try to give the families some closure," he explained. "Our detectives worked well through the night. By early this morning, we were able to positively identify all of the victims and make some formal notification to all of the families of the victims."

Vance added that the removal of the bodies "has been accomplished. That was done overnight, " he said. "We worked very closely with the medical examiner who was on the scene to expedite the process and were able to accomplish that.

"Now state police detectives are continuing the investigation within the building and on the exterior of the building and will continue to do so."

Questions remain about the relationship of shooter Adam Lanza's mother, who was also killed Friday. "We haven't discussed that publicly as of yet," Vance said, explaining that those details are "part and parcel" of the ongoing investigation.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2012, 09:12:03 AM »

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/15/15926718-victims-bodies-identified-as-connecticut-town-seeks-answers?lite
Victims' bodies identified as Connecticut town seeks answers
December 15, 2012

Authorities said Saturday they have identified the 20 children and six adults massacred by gunman Adam Lanza at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut and removed the bodies from the school.
The families of the dead were gathered at a firehouse in Newtown, where Monsignor Robert Weiss said they were mostly concerned that the children had not suffered in their final moments.
“They were wondering whether the children knew what was happening to them, whether they were afraid,” he said.

Wielding two pistols and clad in black, Lanza, 20, rampaged through the small-town school Friday morning, apparently after shooting his mother dead at his home. He then shot himself. Several officials told NBC News that he shot the children at close range.
Newtown Police Lt. George Sinko said on TODAY it appears Lanza got into the 600-student school by shattering some glass near the doors.

Officials initially misidentified the shooter to NBC News as Lanza's brother, Ryan. But a senior official later said that Ryan was nowhere near the shooting, is not believed to be involved, and is cooperating with the investigation.
Ryan told police that Adam has a history of mental illness, according to the senior official. Yet the motive for the mass killing was a mystery.
The weapons used in the attack were legally purchased and were registered to the gunman's mother, two law enforcement officials said. Two 9mm handguns were recovered inside the school. An AR-15-type rifle also was found at the scene, but there were conflicting reports Friday night whether it had been used in the shooting.
Most of the bodies were found in two rooms in one section of the 600-student school, which goes up to the fourth grade.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2012, 09:31:27 AM »

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/Blondeonahd/article-2248197-168579C1000005DC-946_634x452_zpsb298a54b.jpg

NEWTOWN, Conn. (AP) — First, he killed his mother.

Nancy Lanza's body was found later at their home on Yogananda Street in Newtown — after the carnage at Sandy Hook Elementary School; after a quiet New England town was scarred forever by unthinkable tragedy; after a nation seemingly inured to violence found itself stunned by the slaughter of innocents.

Nobody knows why 20-year-old Adam Lanza shot his mother, why he then took her guns to the school and murdered 20 children and six adults.

But on Friday he drove his mother's car through this 300-year-old town with its fine old churches and towering trees and arrived at a school full of the season's joy. Somehow, he got past a security door to a place where children should have been safe from harm. ::snipping2::
http://news.yahoo.com/routine-morning-then-shots-unthinkable-terror-034139544.html

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2012, 09:53:44 AM »

I was so crazy yesterday I made a error this school is 44 miles away from us
We need police at our our schools this NO TIME for CUT backs

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2012, 10:01:23 AM »

School gunman was troubled and shy, neighbors and classmates say

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/autistic_loner_explosion_l4kSMDgX2pADJyjxx1G4mI

Crazed kid-killer Adam Lanza was a troubled “genius” who was painfully awkward and shy.

“I know he had issues,” said Beth Israel, whose daughter, Alex, went to school with Lanza. “He was a really troubled kid. I think he had learning disabilities.”

Adam’s brother told investigators that the gunman was autistic, sources said. Israel described him to The Post as a sort of autistic savant, saying he was “very smart, but he had issues. He was a real genius.

“He was just a weird kid. He was a very quiet kid, a shy kid, maybe socially awkward,” Israel added.

Connecticut neighbor Justin Germak, 17, said he knew that Lanza “had a condition.”

“You definitely notice it,” Germak said. “[He was] kind of, like, needy. I wouldn’t say antisocial, but struggling to be social.”

How does socially awkward translate to what happened? I hate to say it but there had to be signs that this kid had gone way over to the dark side.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2012, 10:29:13 AM »

From this mornings news conference in Newtown, CT: (Sat 12/15/12: 10:15 am ET)

All victims have all been identified, no names yet ready for release. When they are it was requested that the media (all) please respect their privacy for the tragedy that they are currently going thru.

This is still a crime investigation and many questions will not be able to be answered by authorities.

Three major crime teams in the community investigating the shooting.

Evidence from primary crime scene (school) and secondary scene (the Home) produced good evidence to determine why the crime took place. No details provided.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2012, 10:32:51 AM »

From this mornings Police news conference in Newtown, CT: (Sat 12/15/12: 10:15 am ET) cont ...

No motive provided yet, investigators still working on it and evaluating the evidence.

The shooter forced his way into the school. (forcible entry, he was not allowed into the school) Details of how the shooter did this was not provided.

No other arrests were made in association with this crime.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2012, 10:33:13 AM »

How sad, I can't watch anymore.

I have to wonder how this young man spent his days.  Where did he get the idea to do this?  Did he practice?

Did he play lots of action games?  Lot of computer games?  On-line games?  

When a violent mob attacks an embassy, kills Americans, the ABM admin blames a movie preview.  A man ends up in jail.

How many violent videos did this you man watch?  How many games did he play?  

Do these kinds of ideas come from no where?  I don't think so.

Any chance the video, movie, game industry will take any flack?

How many kids spend their days playing violent action games?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2012, 10:39:36 AM »

School gunman was troubled and shy, neighbors and classmates say

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/autistic_loner_explosion_l4kSMDgX2pADJyjxx1G4mI

Crazed kid-killer Adam Lanza was a troubled “genius” who was painfully awkward and shy.

“I know he had issues,” said Beth Israel, whose daughter, Alex, went to school with Lanza. “He was a really troubled kid. I think he had learning disabilities.”

Adam’s brother told investigators that the gunman was autistic, sources said. Israel described him to The Post as a sort of autistic savant, saying he was “very smart, but he had issues. He was a real genius.

“He was just a weird kid. He was a very quiet kid, a shy kid, maybe socially awkward,” Israel added.

Connecticut neighbor Justin Germak, 17, said he knew that Lanza “had a condition.”

“You definitely notice it,” Germak said. “[He was] kind of, like, needy. I wouldn’t say antisocial, but struggling to be social.”

How does socially awkward translate to what happened? I hate to say it but there had to be signs that this kid had gone way over to the dark side.

I agree that there had to be signs.  His mother purchased the guns and they were registered under her name.  I'm thinking she purchased them for protection against him.  What a bad decision she made in getting those guns knowing he was a lose cannon.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2012, 10:51:48 AM »

Conn. Gunman Recalled as Intelligent But Remote

The 20-year-old man is believed to have killed his mother and gunned down more than two dozen people, 20 of them children

By Jason Keyser and Pete Yost
|  Saturday, Dec 15, 2012  |  Updated 8:36 AM ES

Family and friends remember Adam Lanza as many things — intelligent, nerdy, goth, remote, thin.

Now the world will always remember him as a mass murderer. The 20-year-old man is believed to have killed his mother, gunned down more than two dozen people, 20 of them children, at a Connecticut grade school and committed suicide.

He might have suffered from a personality disorder, law enforcement officials said.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Adam-Lanza-Connecticut-Gunman-Elementary-School-Shooting-Massacre-Killing-183631291.html
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2012, 11:28:37 AM »

Police think they have a picture as to why this happened ...

During this mornings police press conference in Newtown, CT they referenced that they have evidence to put together a reason and a motive as to why all this took place. I am guess that this kids computer was a treasure trove of info and he, if he is what all are saying, nerdy, intelligent, gamer, etc ... I probably wrote in great detailed account what he was planning, an itinerary and what he needed to commit the crime.

You do not commit a crime like this unless you are a psychopath, narcissist and want to go out in a blaze of glory.

If he was such a smart kid, compulsive, had personality disorders and no soul ... that is a terrible make up that creates killers w/o a heart.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2012, 11:54:32 AM »

Victims in Connecticut massacre ID'd as police find 'good evidence' at shooter's home

By LIA EUSTACHEWICH in Newtown, Conn. and GARY BUISO and LARRY CELONA in NY
Last Updated: 11:34 AM, December 15, 2012
Posted: 11:13 AM, December 15, 2012

The unhinged gunman who slaughtered 26 children and adults yesterday in a elementary school arrived with guns blazing — blasting his way into the building, according to Connecticut State police.

“He was not voluntarily let into the school at all,” Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance said at a Saturday morning press conference outside Sandy Hook Elementary School, where Adam Lanza unleashed one of the worst massacres in US history before committing suicide.

“He forced his way into the school.”

Read More:  http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/victims_found_horrific_connecticut_jNTUicqZejDtIdc6G24mUJ
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2012, 12:30:27 PM »

It's so sickening and shocking that this madman killed lil children, but to kill his own mother too?  And why did she need an a semi-assalt weapon, along with 2 hand gun?  I am dying to find out what LE have found.  I feel bad for his father and brother as well at this point, until proven otherwise.  There had to be a reason his brother didn't talk to him for 2 years. I wonder if the father communicated with him much?    Oooohhhh, so many questions and the wait is frustrating. I can't even imagine what the families of these victims are going through.  May God hold them tight and comfort them!  I will continue to hold them up in prayer......

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.