March 28, 2024, 08:40:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandy Hook Elementary School, Newton, CT - Multiple Deaths  (Read 276051 times)
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2012, 12:32:14 PM »

I also forgot to mention how truly touching CBB's prayer was.  So sincere and thoughtful, as usual.  God Bless you CBB!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2012, 12:47:32 PM »

Newtown, CT Police Press Conference: 12/15/12 … Gunman Forced His Way into School … Police Lt. J. Paul Vance State they Have Recovered Good Evidence to Explain Why Adam Lanza Went on Elementary School Shooting Rampage Killing 26, Including 20 Children

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/12/15/newtown-ct-police-press-conference-121512-gunman-forced-his-way-into-school-police-lt-j-paul-vance-state-they-have-recovered-good-evidence-to-explain-why-adam-lanza-went-on-elementary-sc/

Could the police have a motive and explanation as to why Adam Lanza went on the shooting rampage?

This morning during the police press conference in Newtown, CT in response to the Sandy Hook Elementary School mass murders that left 27 dead, including 20 children between the ages of 5 and 10 years old. Connecticut State Police spokesman Lt. Paul Vance stated that they have produced good evidence at the primary crime scene, the elementary school, and the secondary crime scene, the home of murdered mother Nancy Lanza, that could describe how and why Adam Lanza committed this most heinous act of violence. Vance also stated that the shooter forced his way into the school. He also stated that all the victims have been identified; however, their names will be released later.
::snipping2::

I wonder whether we will ever get a full picture into the mind of evil. We try to find logic to the illogical and the unspeakable.  Sadly, it will provide little comfort to the parents of those who lost their children.

My hear weeps.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2012, 12:49:57 PM »

Thank you carpe...thanks for that post.  So so sad...so so true.  I see it everyday people putting the important off...hoping the issue at hand will fix itself.  It is so scary...another line was crossed yesterday...soon there will be a new line again crossed...oh, what will it be that leads to the new line being made?  That scares me.  Our priorities are all wrong and all messed up in America.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2012, 01:04:40 PM »

Thank you carpe...thanks for that post.  So so sad...so so true.  I see it everyday people putting the important off...hoping the issue at hand will fix itself.  It is so scary...another line was crossed yesterday...soon there will be a new line again crossed...oh, what will it be that leads to the new line being made?  That scares me.  Our priorities are all wrong and all messed up in America.

Carpe and Labubske, so true. It WILL happen, it's just a matter of when and where.  It keeps getting more frequent.  I do respect Anderson Cooper for refusing to use the name of the suspect, only uses the victims, as it should be.  These sickos look at it as fame, "how can I do it bigger and better?"  Tick Tock....   

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2012, 01:09:39 PM »

I was actually in the midst of writing a post on "What Happened to my Country". Sadly, what happened yesterday in the small town of Newtown, CT, a town very similar to the one I grew up in, will be added.

It is a commentary of both social and political changes that have unfortunately transpired. The small post that I had started turned into pages and pages of words.

One small part of it that I had wrote about prior to yesterday's tragedy was discussing my youth and elementary school. What happened to the days when a bunch of kids could walk or bike to school without the threat of a child predator preying upon them? What happened to the innocence of my youth where all a kid had to worry about was whether Jenny in the 3rd grade thought you didn't have cutties and whether you were going to be able to play kickball during recess because it looked like it was getting cloudy and might rain. Sadly, the dark clouds that children of today experience is quite different today.

What happened to my country and my Elementary School that once allowed Christmas pageants and the singing of caroling, yet today it is deemed mean and evil. However, when tragedy hits so many look to God and answers as to how such an act could take place. So we only want God in our schools when evil occurs? God is to be given praise during the good and the bad. Maybe we might want to rethink this ridiculous nonsense caused by a few and the ACLU taking God out of our schools. No one is saying make prayer mandatory, but to remove every aspect of God has obviously not served us well. No one can tell me what we grew up with in the past harmed non-belivers.

I do not buy the fact that this always happened, we just did not have a 24-7 news cycle to hear about it. There was news, eventually you would get the news, it just may not have been immediately. I don't buy that it is all about guns. Sorry, but I grew up in a time when we could actually bring them to school as we had target shooting. I was partaking in markman classes in the 5th and 6th grade.

However, getting back to the story at hand ... what happened to my country where my Elementary School did not have to be in lock down like San Quentin prison during a prison riot? Do you remember a time when you did not have to line up in an endless row of traffic to let your child off and pick them up from school? What happened to my country where you could just walk into your school, walk up the stairs, go to the principles office or to a classroom and visit your child? When did schools become the "Killing Fields"? I am not referring to inner-city schools that sadly have had issues for decades, I am talking about suburbia and country schools where the only thought of using a gun was to go rabbit or squirrel hunting or target practice?

What has happened to our society? Where did all this hate come from?

Hopefully, I can finish this post soon. Maybe the answer might be to put it out in chapters, as it is turning into a novel.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 01:15:51 PM by Red » Logged
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2012, 01:14:15 PM »

No link, but on CNN they just stated they found out the suspect attempted to purchase a gun 3 days before, but didn't have proper paper work.  Also found 3 guns around him, unlike just 2 and 3rd left in car.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2012, 01:17:46 PM »

No link, but on CNN they just stated they found out the suspect attempted to purchase a gun 3 days before, but didn't have proper paper work.  Also found 3 guns around him, unlike just 2 and 3rd left in car.

Maybe thats why he had his brother's ID, because it would be hard to believe that a nutjob like this could pass the back ground check questionaire if he told the truth.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2012, 01:19:42 PM »

What is Asperger syndrome?

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/asperger/detail_asperger.htm

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
crazybabyborg
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2012, 01:33:32 PM »

I'm imposing my own feelings here but I would want my child's remains away from that scene as soon as possible. I hope that happens very soon. I heard some disturbing comments last night that I'm praying aren't fact. There are reports that the rifle was left in the car and that the shooter was found with two handguns. I know nothing about guns, but the commentator was saying that if that was the case, then he would have had to re-loaded, even if he had "extended cartridges" (whatever that is). That scenario would mean that after he killed the teacher and some kids in that classroom, he would have had to stop amidst the children he had killed and those he was about to kill, to re-load. I want those assumptions to be wrong and for the commentator to be wrong about that. My God, these were babies. They had never encountered wickedness. They were the innocents in our world. There just is nothing that can humanly be done for those children at this point, but my heart aches for their families. You can't turn off your parental instincts in an instant and they need to be able to offer respect for those broken little bodies. The shooter is dead; there won't be a trial, surely photographs and videotape could serve a purpose here so that the families can receive the remains and get those children away from that scene.

There will be much discussion about gun control. I'm fine with the discussion but if that's the only discussion we have, then we'll never make real progress. I keep wondering why anyone who is so miserable to want to end his own life, feels compelled to take others with them? Maybe the media needs to look in the mirror and discuss the publication of the name and picture of the shooter. Is "going out in a blaze of notoriety" part of that decision? I want a media policy so embedded that even the sickest mind will know that his potential victims will become known, but he will forever remain insignificant. I can affirm that when a concerned family member contacts legal authorities about a fear that a family member may be a danger to himself or others, the criteria for action is a concrete threat or specific behavior that constitutes an offense. "Worry" will get you no help.

I'm getting older, so my experience is now buried in times that seem foreign today. I grew up in a time where we bowed our heads before a meal at home and at public school. The idea of inner strength through humbling yourself before a greater good was part of life during formative years. I was encouraged to embrace differences in beliefs and was honored to celebrate Passover with Jewish friends who were also honored at school. As students, we were educated about the rich traditions and practices of other religions through them. Neither they, nor I, were offended by Christmas trees or Menorahs. The lasting impact was respect for belief in something bigger than our ourselves that was centered in love, accountability, and eternity. There was a commonality of definition of right and wrong and those things were valued and taught as much as math and reading. As I said..... I'm getting older, but I believe that makes a difference. We can change a lot of policies and laws, but we neglect the change of heart that is transforming. We are still so accepting of turning to God to help us cope after a horrific event such as this. Last night, the community was drawn to a church to make sense of it all. Media, commentators, parents and police all asked for prayer. Does it require such a leap to consider that perhaps that ultimate answer should be sought before an outcome such as this? The shooter was once a child in a classroom similar to the one he entered yesterday. Would my childhood experience have given him some meaning to life that he lacked? I don't know that answer. I do know that it has shaped my own life.

The families of the children are in my heart and prayers as are the families of the teachers that lost their lives. I pray for their healing. I pray for this country's healing. We need help. The children need help.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2012, 01:45:07 PM »

I was actually in the midst of writing a post on "What Happened to my Country". Sadly, what happened yesterday in the small town of Newtown, CT, a town very similar to the one I grew up in, will be added.

It is a commentary of both social and political changes that have unfortunately transpired. The small post that I had started turned into pages and pages of words.

One small part of it that I had wrote about prior to yesterday's tragedy was discussing my youth and elementary school. What happened to the days when a bunch of kids could walk or bike to school without the threat of a child predator preying upon them? What happened to the innocence of my youth where all a kid had to worry about was whether Jenny in the 3rd grade thought you didn't have cutties and whether you were going to be able to play kickball during recess because it looked like it was getting cloudy and might rain. Sadly, the dark clouds that children of today experience is quite different today.

What happened to my country and my Elementary School that once allowed Christmas pageants and the singing of caroling, yet today it is deemed mean and evil. However, when tragedy hits so many look to God and answers as to how such an act could take place. So we only want God in our schools when evil occurs? God is to be given praise during the good and the bad. Maybe we might want to rethink this ridiculous nonsense caused by a few and the ACLU taking God out of our schools. No one is saying make prayer mandatory, but to remove every aspect of God has obviously not served us well. No one can tell me what we grew up with in the past harmed non-belivers.

I do not buy the fact that this always happened, we just did not have a 24-7 news cycle to hear about it. There was news, eventually you would get the news, it just may not have been immediately. I don't buy that it is all about guns. Sorry, but I grew up in a time when we could actually bring them to school as we had target shooting. I was partaking in markman classes in the 5th and 6th grade.

However, getting back to the story at hand ... what happened to my country where my Elementary School did not have to be in lock down like San Quentin prison during a prison riot? Do you remember a time when you did not have to line up in an endless row of traffic to let your child off and pick them up from school? What happened to my country where you could just walk into your school, walk up the stairs, go to the principles office or to a classroom and visit your child? When did schools become the "Killing Fields"? I am not referring to inner-city schools that sadly have had issues for decades, I am talking about suburbia and country schools where the only thought of using a gun was to go rabbit or squirrel hunting or target practice?

What has happened to our society? Where did all this hate come from?

Hopefully, I can finish this post soon. Maybe the answer might be to put it out in chapters, as it is turning into a novel.

Gosh, Red. You were writing yours as I was writing mine. I have the feeling we went to school together.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2012, 02:16:28 PM »

Another report just coming out on Fox News (no link), that his mother did NOT have any relationship to the school.  Possibly a friend who worked thier?   Hmmm Interesting, if true, what sent him there?

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2012, 02:20:55 PM »

Another report just coming out on Fox News (no link), that his mother did NOT have any relationship to the school.  Possibly a friend who worked thier?   Hmmm Interesting, if true, what sent him there?

Nancy Lanza, Murdered Mother of Sandy Hook Elementary School Gunman Adam Lanza … Not a Teacher or Associated with School?

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/12/15/nancy-lanza-murdered-mother-of-sandy-hook-elementary-school-gunman-adam-lanza-not-a-teacher-or-associated-with-school/

So many news outlets have reported and continue to report that the murdered mother of crazed gunman Adam Lanza was a teacher at the school. However, the above report contradicts that account. TPM has a good review of the many accounts of whether or not she was involved with the school? The Newtown School District website does not list Lanza as a teacher or administrator in the district school system.

::snipping2::

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2012, 02:28:06 PM »

My prayer tonight, with no intended offense to anyone who may pray differently, is:

Dear God,
You have told us that all we have to do is knock and the door to you will be open. I know that as those who are reaching out to the families tonight, to comfort and offer strength in love, You are there. I know, Lord, that as our hearts bring us to our knees to ask that you gather the little children that are now in your care, and let them feel your joy, You already are holding their hands. God, help us find a way to invite you back into our schools and seek you on the front end of tragedy. As you are Love, You do not push your way or come unbidden. Help us knock Lord, so the door may be open wide. Please give comfort and peace to those Mothers and Fathers, Sisters and Brothers, and Families who tonight are in pain. Be with them as they see the Christmas lights that made their little one's eyes sparkle. Heal their soul, Lord, for they are wounded.
There is no answer for this evil from us, Lord. You are the only answer and I humbly ask You to push back the fog that has caused us to take a path away from You. Protect the children; place your safe hands around them and may their guardian angels be watchful and vigilant. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

AMEN!!!
Amen and Amen.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2012, 02:29:54 PM »

Thanks Red, I missed the FP.  Many rumors to come until they begin releasing real information.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2012, 02:30:59 PM »

Most gracious God – receive these our prayers.  We admit that it is difficult to be silent and to focus – especially during this season – but Father, we have been stopped where we stand as we try to envision the pain, suffering and sorrow felt by so many in Sandy Hook.  We pray for the gift of light.  We do need light, O God; for we are a people who walk in darkness – living by trial and error, stumbling, groping, hoping, failing, falling – sometimes it feels like we are walking in circles to avoid our fear of the darkness.  We have tried to generate our own light – using our minds and our best resources to make sense out of life.  We have written laws to protect it – and us, we’ve called councils and composed creeds to uphold it, and we’ve lived by following our own ways.  But – hard as it is to admit – our light is not enough.  The evidence can be seen in the taking of innocent lives by people who feel alone, afraid and unhappy with the darkness closing in.  God, forgive us.  Turn us on to the Light of Life, the Light of the World, whose coming we celebrate as the gift of Christmas . . . let us receive it.  Gentle God, you know us and all about us.  Help us to know you and all about you in new ways that will allow us to receive Your Light.  We pray in the name of the one who brought us Light for our paths, Jesus our Redeemer.  Amen and Amen.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2012, 02:39:31 PM »

Most gracious God – receive these our prayers.  We admit that it is difficult to be silent and to focus – especially during this season – but Father, we have been stopped where we stand as we try to envision the pain, suffering and sorrow felt by so many in Sandy Hook.  We pray for the gift of light.  We do need light, O God; for we are a people who walk in darkness – living by trial and error, stumbling, groping, hoping, failing, falling – sometimes it feels like we are walking in circles to avoid our fear of the darkness.  We have tried to generate our own light – using our minds and our best resources to make sense out of life.  We have written laws to protect it – and us, we’ve called councils and composed creeds to uphold it, and we’ve lived by following our own ways.  But – hard as it is to admit – our light is not enough.  The evidence can be seen in the taking of innocent lives by people who feel alone, afraid and unhappy with the darkness closing in.  God, forgive us.  Turn us on to the Light of Life, the Light of the World, whose coming we celebrate as the gift of Christmas . . . let us receive it.  Gentle God, you know us and all about us.  Help us to know you and all about you in new ways that will allow us to receive Your Light.  We pray in the name of the one who brought us Light for our paths, Jesus our Redeemer.  Amen and Amen.

AMEN! and God Bless!

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2012, 03:24:24 PM »

By Miguel Llanos, NBC News
A day after the Newtown massacre, gunman Adam Lanza’s motive – and any personal demons – remained a mystery.
Lanza, 20, was identified by authorities as the black-clad killer who fatally shot his mother, gunned down 26 children and adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School, and then committed suicide on Friday.
His older brother told authorities Lanza had a history of mental problems, but the nature of them was not clear. Former classmates remembered him as a brainy and quiet teen who sometimes wore a pocket protector.
Tim Arnone told Reuters that he first met Lanza at Sandy Hook and attended Newtown High School with him, where the two were members of a technology club. He said Lanza was "driven hard" to succeed academically by his parents, particularly his mother.

Nancy Lanza and her husband, Peter Lanza, divorced in 2008, according to public records. Peter Lanza could not immediately be reached for comment but has spoken to police. ::snipping2::

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/14/15911025-authorities-id-gunman-who-killed-27-in-elementary-school-massacre?lite

Every News Station is reporting something different I just heard that he went to the school a few says ago to speak with 4 teaches  they would not let him in so he went back shot out the glass and killed three of the teachers one was not in school that day will look for a link for that

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2012, 03:32:02 PM »

CNN is reporting Lanza had six guns - three more than previously thought. It is believed he used three at school including a Bushmaster assault rifle, while police have now found three more rifles at the second crime scene.  ::snipping2::

Lanza tried to purchase a rifle earlier this week at a store in Danbury, Connecticut, according to NBC News. He was turned down because he didn't want to undergo a background check or abide by the state's waiting period for gun sales, officials said.  ::snipping2::

Officials say Lanza was involved in an argument at the school which involved himself and four other staff members. Of the four, three were murdered in the shooting spree while the fourth was not at school yesterday and is now being interviewed by federal and state investigators.

So much more at link

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9746267/Connecticut-school-shooting-live.html

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2012, 03:49:21 PM »

This has lots of good info.

Why did the mother bring him target shooting when he had issues?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/adam-lanza-20-deeply-disturbed-kid-article-1.1220752

There are pics of the weapons he used and how many shots come out in seconds from the weapons

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2012, 03:54:27 PM »

The medical examiner just said the 7 children he worked on had all been shot more than once.  Two of them shot at close range.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.