March 28, 2024, 12:12:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandy Hook Elementary School, Newton, CT - Multiple Deaths  (Read 276065 times)
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2012, 03:56:43 PM »

*all seven were shot with the rifle.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2012, 04:01:33 PM »

Newtown gunman's mom took son to shooting ranges

By FRANK ROSARIO in Newtown, Conn. and DAN MacLEOD in NY
Last Updated: 3:27 PM, December 15, 2012
Posted: 11:13 AM, December 15, 2012

She crafted a killer.

The mother of the monster who slaughtered 20 children was a gun nut who took her troubled son to shooting ranges.

“She'd take them to the range a lot. … Nancy was an enthusiast -- so much so that she wanted to pass it on to her kids,” said her former landscaper, and occasional drinking buddy, Dan Holmes.

“She took her two sons to the gun ranges quite a bit to practice their aim. She was a really great shot from what she told me. Whenever I finished work and went inside to chit chat, she spoke often about her fascination with firearms. Nancy had an extensive gun collection and she was really quite proud of it.”

::snipping2::

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/victims_found_horrific_connecticut_jNTUicqZejDtIdc6G24mUJ
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2012, 04:02:49 PM »

This has lots of good info.

Why did the mother bring him target shooting when he had issues?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/adam-lanza-20-deeply-disturbed-kid-article-1.1220752

There are pics of the weapons he used and how many shots come out in seconds from the weapons

Exactly.  The mother knew what her son was capable of.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #103 on: December 15, 2012, 04:13:29 PM »

The medical examiner just said the 7 children he worked on had all been shot more than once.  Two of them shot at close range.   

I can't even imagine what those last seconds were like for those children.   
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2012, 04:59:08 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/adam-lanza-20-deeply-disturbed-kid-article-1.1220752

There are pics of the weapons he used and how many shots come out in seconds from the weapons

I was taking out pie plates and bottles by the age of 10 - with parental supervision, of course. Where we lived and the time frame... it's just
what you did. It was like riding a bike or going to swimming lessons. If I ever acted flakey --- that would have been the end of that. My parents
were constantly preaching about personal responsibility, the power of a gun and the value of human life. I knew (even at 10) it was for target practice and only
to be used as a last resort in an emergency defense scenario, to protect property and life.

If it is true - she knew Adam had mental issues and still trained him to shoot. That is what I call a pretty poor choice. eek!

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: December 15, 2012, 05:07:49 PM »

THE VICTIMS:

Charlotte Bacon, 6

Daniel Barden, 7

Olivia Engel, 6

Josephine Gay, 7

Ana M. Marquez-Greene, 6

Dylan Hockley, 6

Madeleine F Hsu, 6

Catherine V Hubbard, 6

Chase Kowalski, 7

Jesse Lewis, 6

James Mattioli, 6

Grace McDonnel l, 7

Emilie Parker, 6

Jack Pinto, 6

Noah Pozner, 6

Caroline Previdi, 6

Jessica Rekos, 6

Avielle Richman, 6

Benjamin Wheeler, 6

Allison N Wyatt, 6

Davino Rachel, 29

Dawn Hocksprung, 47

Mary Sherlach, 56

Anne Marie Murphy, 52

Lauren Russeau, 30

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/victims_found_horrific_connecticut_jNTUicqZejDtIdc6G24mUJ
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: December 15, 2012, 05:08:19 PM »

http://www.khou.com/news/Names-and-ages-of-those-killed-in-Conn-rampage-183650781.html
Names and ages of those killed in Conn. rampage
December 15, 2012

Names and ages of the 26 people gunned down at a Connecticut elementary school Friday in the second-deadliest school shooting in U.S. history:

Charlotte Bacon, 6
Daniel Barden, 7
Rachel Davino, 29
Olivia Engel, 6
Josephine Gay, 7
Ana Marquez-Greene, 6
Dylan Hockley, 6
Dawn Hochsprung, 47
Madeleine Hsu, 6
Catherine Hubbard, 6
Chase Kowalski, 7
Jesse Lewis, 6
James Mattioli, 6
Grace McDonnell, 7
Anne Marie Murphy, 52
Emilie Parker, 6
Jack Pinto, 6
Noah Pozner, 6
Caroline Previdi, 6
Jessica Rekos, 6
Avielle Richman, 6
Lauren Rousseau, 30
Mary Sherlach, 56
Victoria Soto,27
Benjamin Wheeler, 6
Allison Wyatt, 6
Source: Connecticut State Police

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2012, 05:43:45 PM »

Happy holidays to all of those families---not!!

Can you even imagine the pain that this time of year will bring these families.

Can anyone tell me why we need weapons that shoot off multiple rounds of bullets per second? 

Is today the day we say enough is enough and start the process that other countries have done to minimize the carnage? Other countries have mental health issues, drugs, video games, breakdown of families.  What they don't have is tons of guns
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2012, 05:47:04 PM »

A big thank you to the prayers and kind words from CBB & Sister. I am still feeling very ill over the killings.

You words are soothing, healing ones. I need them at this time! Again, thank you both. an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2012, 05:49:54 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/16/nyregion/gunman-kills-20-children-at-school-in-connecticut-28-dead-in-all.html
Children at School Were All Shot Multiple Times
December 15, 2012

(2 pages)
All of the children killed by a gunman at a Connecticut elementary school were shot multiple times, according to the state’s chief medical examiner, who said that it was worst scene he had witnessed in three decades examining crime scenes.
“This is a very devastating set of injuries,” said Dr. H. Wayne Carver II, the chief medical examiner for the state. He said that it appeared that all of the children had been killed by a long rifle that the gunman was carrying, one of several weapons police recovered from the school.

Dr. Carver said that parents were shown photos of their children to spare them from seeing the gruesome results of the shooting rampage, which left 20 children dead, along with six adults at the school. The gunman, identified by law enforcement officials as Adam Lanza, took his own life and also shot and killed his mother at his home before going to the school. Dr. Carver said that they had not yet completed examinations of Mr. Lanza and his mother.

Dr. Carver said that in the seven autopsies he himself had performed, the victims had from 3 to 11 wounds.

With the examinations complete and the families informed, the authorities released the names of those killed.

They ranged in age from 6 to 56. Among the children, there were 12 girls killed and 8 boys. All of the children were in the first grade, officials said, and all were 6 or 7 years old. One little girl had just turned 7 on Tuesday.
As families began to claim lost loved ones, there were new and tragic details about what took place in the school.

The principal and the school psychologist were shot as they tried to tackle the gunman “in order to protect her students,” the school superintendent said Saturday.

That was just one act of bravery during the maelstrom that emerged as the medical examiner completed the grim task of identifying the victims killed in Newtown.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2012, 07:25:14 PM »

Conn. Gunman Recalled as Intelligent But Remote

The 20-year-old man is believed to have killed his mother and gunned down more than two dozen people, 20 of them children

By Jason Keyser and Pete Yost
|  Saturday, Dec 15, 2012  |  Updated 8:36 AM ES

Family and friends remember Adam Lanza as many things — intelligent, nerdy, goth, remote, thin.

Now the world will always remember him as a mass murderer. The 20-year-old man is believed to have killed his mother, gunned down more than two dozen people, 20 of them children, at a Connecticut grade school and committed suicide.

He might have suffered from a personality disorder, law enforcement officials said.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Adam-Lanza-Connecticut-Gunman-Elementary-School-Shooting-Massacre-Killing-183631291.html

I dont ever judge people on appearance but i think this kid LOOKS deranged.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2012, 08:15:54 PM »

Father of gunman who opened fire inside a Connecticut school speaks out on tragedy

Published December 15, 2012

NEWTOWN, Conn. –  The father of 20-year-old Adam Lanza, who shot to death his mother in their home and then murdered 26 people at an elementary school before killing himself, released a statement on Saturday.

"Our hearts go out to the families and friends who lost loved ones and to all those who were injured," Peter Lanza said. "Our family is grieving along with all those who have been affected by this enormous tragedy. No words can truly express how heartbroken we are. We are in a state of disbelief and trying to find whatever answers we can. We too are asking why. We have cooperated fully with law enforcement and will continue to do so. Like so many of you, we are saddened, but struggling to make sense of what has transpired."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/15/at-least-26-dead-in-shooting-at-connecticut-school/#ixzz2FAm1WoMq

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2012, 10:59:57 PM »

I was taking out pie plates and bottles by the age of 10 - with parental supervision, of course. Where we lived and the time frame... it's just
what you did. It was like riding a bike or going to swimming lessons. If I ever acted flakey --- that would have been the end of that. My parents
were constantly preaching about personal responsibility, the power of a gun and the value of human life. I knew (even at 10) it was for target practice and only
to be used as a last resort in an emergency defense scenario, to protect property and life.

If it is true - she knew Adam had mental issues and still trained him to shoot. That is what I call a pretty poor choice. eek!

Get ready for the law suits. The more it comes out that the mother knew her son was a mental case and still surrounded the kid with guns ... her estate will be carved up among the victims families for contributing to the massacre. Who in their right mind puts guns in the hands of a kid that everyone thought was off and an accident waiting to happen? He should have been given meds and sent to a psychiatrist, not target practice.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2012, 11:45:11 PM »

A big thank you to the prayers and kind words from CBB & Sister. I am still feeling very ill over the killings.

You words are soothing, healing ones. I need them at this time! Again, thank you both. an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Carpe, you're like a much needed hug. Thank you!

The more details that come out, the sicker I get. Some of the children were shot 10 times. My mind just doesn't wrap around or bend that far. Tears and prayers is all I have.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2012, 12:04:47 AM »

Conn. Gunman Recalled as Intelligent But Remote

The 20-year-old man is believed to have killed his mother and gunned down more than two dozen people, 20 of them children

By Jason Keyser and Pete Yost
|  Saturday, Dec 15, 2012  |  Updated 8:36 AM ES

Family and friends remember Adam Lanza as many things — intelligent, nerdy, goth, remote, thin.

Now the world will always remember him as a mass murderer. The 20-year-old man is believed to have killed his mother, gunned down more than two dozen people, 20 of them children, at a Connecticut grade school and committed suicide.

He might have suffered from a personality disorder, law enforcement officials said.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Adam-Lanza-Connecticut-Gunman-Elementary-School-Shooting-Massacre-Killing-183631291.html

I dont ever judge people on appearance but i think this kid LOOKS deranged.

I'm not trying to be funny..... I have no humor around any of this, but honestly, when I saw this picture, I thought of Jeff Dunham's "Achmed, the dead terrorist".

I don't recall there ever being such a big story with so many inaccuracies reported that were later corrected. I heard, at one time, that the shooter had autism but don't know if that is reliable at this time. I've also seen it reported that the Mother took her children to the firing range, but later heard on CNN that no one has managed to find a firing range to confirm it. I think it's now confirmed that the Mother recently stopped working and a co-worker said it was to "take care of" her son. Autism can cause outbursts, but not this kind of violence. The shooter was 20 and that's the right age range for males to develop schizophrenia, but that's just pure speculation with absolutely nothing to base it on. What has happened is never going to make sense. Murdered first graders will never be logical for any of us. Thank God!
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2012, 12:13:19 AM »

wow target practice,gun collection,with a child/young man that by reports
had some type of mental disability/disorder

im confused over the gun issue,as how many he had/used,read one time
a rifle was in the car,then read he used a rifle to shoot his victims,and 2
hand guns,now six guns,how do you carry that many guns around,there
is something off. i cant put my finger on it, may be thats why the scene
is still secured

my condolences and sympathy for the town of new town connecticut

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2012, 12:17:29 AM »

as the old saying goes $$ cant buy happiness,or fix all your probs,if im reading this article and others
correctly,all those $$,could have bought the help that Adam Lanza needed,maybe the reasons why
the fam/mom didnt want or look into the help at link,may be reveled later,just a sad,sad,tragic event

Sandy Hook mass murderer Adam Lanza, 20, 'deeply disturbed kid'
Lanza, who friends and officials said suffered from Asperger’s syndrome or a personality disorder, had a tortured mind.
 Comments (309)
By Matthew Lysiak , Denis Slattery AND Rich Schapiro / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Friday, December 14, 2012, 9:55 PM
Updated: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 12:13 PM

most of these residential care facilities,are private pay several do take ssdi
some possible help at link
http://artausa.org/

if anyone reading here,are in a situation,where they think there is no help,you have to keep
looking its there,i dont have the answer as to why it is so hard to find sometimes,with all the
billboards and ads, you wouldnt think it would be, so tough sometimes, to get help
maybe start here
http://www.nami.org/

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2012, 12:37:37 AM »

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/12/far-left-groups-defeated-connecticut-mental-health-protection-laws-just-months-before-shooting/

Far Left Groups Defeated Connecticut Mental Health Protection Laws Just Months Before Shooting
Connecticut is one of only SIX states in the U.S. that doesn’t have a type of “assisted outpatient treatment” (AOT) law (sometimes referred to as “involuntary outpatient treatment”). There’s no one standard for these types of laws, but (roughly speaking) these are laws that allow for people with mental illness to be forcibly treated BEFORE they commit a serious crime. Whereas previous legal standards held that the mentally ill cannot be institutionalized or medicated until they harm someone or themselves, or until they express an immediate intent to do so, AOT laws (again, roughly speaking) allow for preventativeinstitutionalization or forced medication (I highly recommend reading the data cited in the link I provided in this paragraph, especially regarding what is known as “first episode psychosis”).

I ran across this earlier in my reading.  For years I've been saying that our country has ignored the Mental Health Care system.  Would this type of law helped?  Who knows.  But, having the option there might help other families.

About 6 months ago I was involved in a case of a woman who joined a group I'm involved in.  It was obvious there was something 'different' about her.  She didn't come off as scary.  But she wasn't able to interact with others in a normal fashion.  She called several of us one day telling us 'good-bye' and led us to believe she was going to harm herself.  She has only a handful of family members living many states away.  She hasn't spoken to them in years.  We were able to get her into a hospital for a 72 hr stay.  But, legally, she couldn't be kept any longer unless her doc deemed it necessary.  He didn't.  So, after 72 hrs she's back and she's po'd.  We were all fearful.  After contacting the local mental health facility, we were told that there would be two ways to have her committed.  1) She had to hurt someone.  DUH!  2) She had to have two relatives that would sign her into a hospital.  She a train wreck waiting to happen.

We have to make major changes to our Health Care System in the US.  We have too many mentally ill people filling up prisons, homeless, or suffering in silence.  We have too many families running themselves ragged trying to cope with a loved one who won't take meds, won't see a doc, or won't admit there is a problem.  Sometimes, people really want to help, they just don't know how.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2012, 12:40:00 AM »

Oh, and one other problem....here in my state there is a shortage of beds.  I was told that the typical waiting period for a bed in a long term (30 day) psych ward was 14-21 days.  WHAT????

These are my opinions and subject to change.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #119 on: December 16, 2012, 01:17:13 AM »

The criteria is the same here in TN as well, KittyMom. Unless a person will actually verbalize his direct intent to harm himself or others and has a plan of action that he is willing to also share, then he can be in an emergency room, brought by a concerned family member, and simply walk out the door. He may have made those threats to the family member, but even that is no assurance he can be held against his will. Law enforcement can do nothing until a crime has been committed. There's almost always a shortage of psych beds in any facility accepting Medicare or Medicaid. The reimbursement doesn't cover the cost of supplying the service. Outpatient mental health services is a money pit for clinics accepting Medicare and Medicaid and many private insurances offer minimal, short term reimbursements as well. The liability insurance for accepting psych patients is also very costly. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.