March 29, 2024, 03:08:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandy Hook Elementary School, Newton, CT - Multiple Deaths  (Read 276130 times)
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #120 on: December 16, 2012, 03:21:11 AM »

This didn't spring out of nowhere on Friday. He was in the school system until the mother withdrew him and home schooled him. His medical records and the school records will never be released unless there is a lawsuit against her estate. This family had the means and the resources to get him help. Before he was 18 he must have been under the parents health care plan. The Dad had a big job and I assume with the best benefits available.
My own opinion is that Nancy Lanza tried to protect her son and took on the role of enabler.
I am in Canada and we have our share of ill persons. He was over 18 with no visible means of support. We don't know if she tried but having those weapons in the house was a decision she made and look at the result.
We have mass murderers but not to the same extent on a per capita basis. If we were each allowed to have assault weapons in our homes, it would be worse. I have no need for a gun. Person I know who hunt have them. Else I do not know anyone who has a gun except for LE. 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2012, 03:45:31 AM »

Completed list

CHILDREN

Charlotte Bacon, 2/22/06, female (age 6)

Daniel Barden, 9/25/05, male (age 7)

Olivia Engel, 7/18/06, female (age 6)

Josephine Gay, 12/11/05, female (age 7)

Ana M. Marquez-Greene, 04/04/06, female (age 6)

Dylan Hockley, 03/08/06, male (age 6)

Madeleine F. Hsu, 07/10/06, female (age 6)

Catherine V. Hubbard, 06/08/06, female (age 6)

Chase Kowalski, 10/31/05, male (age 7)

Jesse Lewis, 06/30/06, male (age 6)

James Mattioli, 03/22/06, male (age 6)

Grace McDonnell, 11/04/05, female (age 7)

Emilie Parker, 05/12/06, female (age 6)

Jack Pinto, 05/06/06, male (age 6)

Noah Pozner, 11/20/06, male (age 6)

Caroline Previdi, 09/07/06, female (age 6)

Jessica Rekos, 05/10/06, female (age 6)

Avielle Richman, 10/17/06, female (age 6)

Benjamin Wheeler, 9/12/06, male (age 6)

Allison N. Wyatt, 07/03/06, female (age 6)

ADULTS

Rachel Davino, 7/17/83, female (age 29)

Dawn Hochsprung, 06/28/65, female (age 47)

Anne Marie Murphy, 07/25/60, female (age 52)

Lauren Russeau, 1982, female (age 29)

Mary Sherlach, 02/11/56, female (age 56)

Victoria Soto, 11/04/85, female (age 27)
snipped
http://news.msn.com/us/names-of-victims-in-connecticut-shooting-released

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #122 on: December 16, 2012, 06:04:26 AM »

Here is a another, but similar view of him. If it had not been for what he did, I'd feel sorry for him.  I wonder how much his mother had an impact on him.  This by NO means is an excuse for what he did or make the tragedy acceptable, it's still sad and sick! But what was the underlying reason? Mom pushing a son who had Aspburger's? I saw another child on Jeff Probst who had his condition of where she couldn't feel anything physically and how she had to live.  I remember a monkey here who said they had a son with Asberger's condition. Was he teased alot? Like I said, if not for what he did, I'd have some sympathy.  I'm just trying to wrap my mind around this.

By NBC News staff and wire services  http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/15/15933406-connecticut-school-shooter-was-very-nervous-around-people?lite   12/15/12

Updated at 8 p.m. ET: A picture of Adam Lanza slowly emerged Saturday, as acquaintances said his behavior included pressing up against walls to avoid others and clutching his briefcase. Investigators, meanwhile, said they hoped that "very good evidence" found at his home would shed light on what pushed him to kill 26 children and teachers as well as his mother.

Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance said Saturday that investigators had found "very good evidence ... that our investigators will be able to use in painting the complete picture, the 'how' and, more importantly, the 'why this occurred.'"

Adam Lanza

But he would not elaborate and the mystery deepened as education officials in Newtown, Conn., said they had found no link between Lanza's mother and the school, contrary to news reports that said she was a teacher there.

::snipping2::--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Investigators said they believe Lanza, 20, attended Sandy Hook Elementary many years ago, but they had no explanation for why he went there on Friday.

Lanza shot and killed his mother, Nancy Lanza, at the home they shared, then drove to the school in her car, forced his way inside and opened fire in two classrooms, authorities said. Within minutes, he killed 20 children, six adults and himself.

::snipping2::

His father, who learned about the shooting from a reporter at the Stamford Advocate, said in a statement that he was in a "state of disbelief and trying to find whatever answers we can." Lanza said he has cooperated with law enforcement and will continue to do so.

Meanwhile, acquaintances described the former honor student as smart but odd and remote.

"We would hang out, and he was a good kid," Joshua Milas told The Associated Press. He said he had not seen Lanza in a few years. "He was probably one of the smartest kids I know. He was probably a genius."

"(His mother) pushed him really hard to be smarter and work harder in school," Tim Arnone told Reuters. He first met Lanza at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

"He was very different and very shy and didn't make an effort to interact with anybody" in his 10th-grade English class at Newtown High School, Olivia DeVivo told the AP. DeVivo, now a student at the University of Connecticut, said Lanza always came to school toting a briefcase and wearing his shirt buttoned all the way up.

"Now looking back, it's kind of like 'OK, he had all these signs,' but you can't say every shy person would do something like this," she said.

Novia said Lanza had extreme difficulties relating to fellow students and teachers, as well as a strange bodily condition: "If that boy would've burned himself, he would not have known it or felt it physically."

Lanza would also go through crises that would require his mother to come to school to deal with them. Such episodes might involve "total withdrawal from whatever he was supposed to be doing, be it a class, be it sitting and reading a book," Novia told the AP.

When people approached Lanza in the hallways, he would press himself against the wall or walk in a different direction, clutching his black briefcase "like an 8-year-old who refuses to give up his teddy bear," said Novia, who now lives in Tennessee.

Even so, Novia said his primary concern about Lanza was that he might become a target for teasing or abuse by his fellow students, not that he might become a threat himself.

"Somewhere along in the last four years there were significant changes that led to what has happened Friday morning," Novia said. "I could never have foreseen him doing that."

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: December 16, 2012, 09:44:00 AM »

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/12/far-left-groups-defeated-connecticut-mental-health-protection-laws-just-months-before-shooting/

Far Left Groups Defeated Connecticut Mental Health Protection Laws Just Months Before Shooting
Connecticut is one of only SIX states in the U.S. that doesn’t have a type of “assisted outpatient treatment” (AOT) law (sometimes referred to as “involuntary outpatient treatment”). There’s no one standard for these types of laws, but (roughly speaking) these are laws that allow for people with mental illness to be forcibly treated BEFORE they commit a serious crime. Whereas previous legal standards held that the mentally ill cannot be institutionalized or medicated until they harm someone or themselves, or until they express an immediate intent to do so, AOT laws (again, roughly speaking) allow for preventativeinstitutionalization or forced medication (I highly recommend reading the data cited in the link I provided in this paragraph, especially regarding what is known as “first episode psychosis”).

I ran across this earlier in my reading.  For years I've been saying that our country has ignored the Mental Health Care system.  Would this type of law helped?  Who knows.  But, having the option there might help other families.

About 6 months ago I was involved in a case of a woman who joined a group I'm involved in.  It was obvious there was something 'different' about her.  She didn't come off as scary.  But she wasn't able to interact with others in a normal fashion.  She called several of us one day telling us 'good-bye' and led us to believe she was going to harm herself.  She has only a handful of family members living many states away.  She hasn't spoken to them in years.  We were able to get her into a hospital for a 72 hr stay.  But, legally, she couldn't be kept any longer unless her doc deemed it necessary.  He didn't.  So, after 72 hrs she's back and she's po'd.  We were all fearful.  After contacting the local mental health facility, we were told that there would be two ways to have her committed.  1) She had to hurt someone.  DUH!  2) She had to have two relatives that would sign her into a hospital.  She a train wreck waiting to happen.

We have to make major changes to our Health Care System in the US.  We have too many mentally ill people filling up prisons, homeless, or suffering in silence.  We have too many families running themselves ragged trying to cope with a loved one who won't take meds, won't see a doc, or won't admit there is a problem.  Sometimes, people really want to help, they just don't know how.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: December 16, 2012, 10:02:44 AM »

The more I read about the mother the more angry I become.

Mother shared her gun obsession with school shooter Adam Lanza

By FRANK ROSARIO, PEDRO OLIVEIRA JR. and DAN MacLEOD
Last Updated: 8:25 AM, December 16, 2012
Posted: 12:49 AM, December 16, 2012

Nancy Lanza became obsessed with guns after her 2009 divorce and shared the hobby with her disturbed son, friends say.

The shooter’s aunt, Marsha Lanza, told ABC News that Nancy bought guns for protection because she was living alone.

Holmes recalled, “I remember one time she brought a nice case out, and when she opened it up, she pulled out this beautiful old rifle.”

“It looked really beautiful and old. She was really proud of that one. She would just smile when she looked at it.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/mother_made_kid_slay_madman_ojfQG64P9S35iQz9x3BmTJ
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: December 16, 2012, 10:06:10 AM »

She wanted a gun for protection.

The main gun used in the killing was a 223-caliber Bushmaster rifle. It's an assault weapon that can fire up to six bullets per second.

This type of gun should not be made available to the public. Only law enforcement should have access to guns like this.

This woman was becoming unhinged since her divorce.  Who the hell was she expecting to invade her home that she needed a weapon like this.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #126 on: December 16, 2012, 10:26:22 AM »

I am so sad about this. These kids are the same age as my youngest and my two nieces. We live in a small town much like this one. With that being said, I have no problem with guns - I own one and my husband owns several. Some are for hunting and some are for personal defense. All of our guns are secured. Mine, even when with me, is either locked in a special gun safe that is teathered to my car and fingerprint activated, or on my person. My kids have all shot guns. They all know the dangers. They know things die when shot. They have seen animals killed by guns. I have a rule that if you kill it, I cook it.

That being said, I would love to see teachers trained to carry weapons and actually have them. We have no problem with guns in banks, stores and courts. Is anything in any of those locations at precious as the children we send off to school each morning?  Why not protect them in the same way we protect "things"?  I know many people are afraid of guns. That is fine, do not get trained and own one. I know some people do not feel guns belong in schools - bad news, they are still there. I have a sister that works at an inner city school - the kids bring guns, knives and other weapons weekly. All I would ask is that the playing field be level with the good guys having a gun. Training should be MANDATORY but available. JMO

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #127 on: December 16, 2012, 11:00:54 AM »

San, I think that what was partly thinking when I wrote my post above.  I think she is partly to blame. Again, if not for the shootings, he seemed like a lost little puppy.  I wonder what/how he turned into a monster.   Mom certainly was no help, even though people are making her out to be a great mother by staying home with him due to his condition. WTF was she teaching him?

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #128 on: December 16, 2012, 11:26:49 AM »

OK, I am bout to go on one of Red's rants ... I realize that some may not agree, but there is a greater issue out there.

The situation in Newtown, CT  is a greater issue than taking away guns. I am sorry, but I think Our Founding Fathers knew more than us and the present day politically partisan hacks in Washington. They had a greater perspective as a whole of society and the formation of the United States and what was important. There is a reason why the 2nd Amendment, is just that, 2nd and the greatest right we have is Freedom of Speech, religion. If a right to bear arms was not all that important, it would have been #10. For those who say they were speaking about Muskets and not the guns of the 21st century, have little understanding of the work they did to form the US.

That being said, when you take away guns, only the criminals will have them. How you ask? I would ask the simple question, How's that War on Drugs going in America? It is obvious that we cannot legislate personal responsibility. Do you folks realize how many people own guns? Semi-automatics, hand guns, etc and none of them go out and kill people?

The fact that this sick kid had access to his parents gun is an issue. How do we stop a sick and twisted kid from taking his parent's legally registered guns? Say, he stole his mother's car and ran over 20 kids killing them ... would we be talk about banning cars? We already have laws on the books that prevent the mentally insane from legally purchasing guns. Am I in favor of a longer waiting period for a background check, sure. Do I believe  that gun owners should pass courses, yup. Maybe the question that needs to be asked on the gun back ground check is do you have an insane kid living in your home? But the guns are not the issue, in every case we have seen of a mass murderer, Columbine, VA Tech, Aurora CO, Gabby Giffords, etc ... we are witness to a nut job as the gunman.

I am a business project consultant by trade and work in the world of "root-cause" analysis. What this means is that when there is an issue, a team, department, business misses their goals, metrics or mission, its my job to figure out why. The #1 easiest and most common excuse why such things are missed is because they did not have enough employees. 99.9% of the time that is never the reason when applying root cause analysis. Thus, a knee-jerk reaction to just blame guns is about as productive as rasing taxes on the so-called rich is the answer for our spending problems in DC. (that story is for another day).

This is all going to be a part of my "What happened to my Country" post (novelette). There are so many things that are involved with these callous, desensitized, anti-social, psychopaths than just guns. We have always had guns in this country, something has happened lately that we are breeding some real whackos in these past generations.

On a personal note, I had my first Daisy BB gun in the 1st grade, Cross-man Air rifle at age 9, .22 caliber rifle at age 11, 4-10 gauge shot gun age 12, .22 handgun age 12, 9mm hand gun age 13, .30-06 rifle 15. Not once during the use of any of these guns did I think of mass murder. Back in the day we were taught gun safety in Elementary school. I was considered a marksman status by the 8th grade. Would it surprise you to know that my friends and I over the years have owned AK-47's and AR-15, both semi-automatic assault weapons. Today, I am more into my Glock hand guns.

I believe in the 2nd Amendment and with the way the country has got, I am sorry but I would rather have the ability to protect myself than depend on others. Let's face it, if there is a robbery, assault, etc, what ever happens is going to happen until the police show. At that point the damage is done. Like what happened in Newtown, CT ... once the police showed on the scene, all the shoots had been fired and all had died.

There is a reason why I hold a carry and conceal permit and that is is God forbid I, my family, my friends or if I am out in public and am presented with a nutjob like Adam Lanza ... he would not be killing anyone.

The point I am trying to make here is that 99% of Americans are law abiding and responsible gun owners. We cannot compare the streets of Chicago and Philly and the gang violence to mass shootings in Newtown, CT or Aurora, Co. To do so is being completely ingenuous. You are never getting the guns out of the inner cities. It is too easy to get them illegally. However, if we really want to look at why such heinous acts of violence occurred in Ct that sadly killed 20 precious 6 and 7 year old's, then we need to be honest and take the politics out of the situation.

Its not about guns, its about the fact that we have raised a generation of troubled and disturbed boys that have mental illness and desensitized to killing where they think killing kids is like shooting inanimate objects. No one can tell me that the advent of VIDEO games like "Call of Duty" are not part of the problem. However, its not the only problem. It becomes a "Perfect storm" of disaster when you put a loner, anti-social, mentally-ill together with violent VIDEO games, no parental supervision, no sense of right and wrong, no moral compass, no religion and access to a gun because we either do not take mental illness serious in this country or we have apathetic people just standing by and calling someone a ticking time bomb and then say they are not surprised when they kill.

We cannot think that we can protect everyone from evil at the expense of our Liberties. This is much like terrorism. We have to be right 100% of the time, the sick SOB's like Lanza have to get it right just once.

Making a gun illegal is just not the answer. I believe that if we believe as a Nation that out children are our greatest national treasure, then we also need to protect them as such. Why do we have armed guards in banks and trucks that take $'s from one place to another? Because they are protecting assets. Our children are our greatest assets, its about time we start spending more money on them and less on Teachers Unions pensions. Its about time we spend more money on the protection of our children and less on buyer books like Heather has Two mommies, teaching elementary kids about sex ed and maybe teaching kids at a younger age that there is a such thing in life called failing and not getting an award for finishing 10th. We have created a generation of kids who cannot seem to cope with issues that confront them.

Its not about gun control, its about self control and what happened in our country to create so many boys with no souls and black hearts? No one can say that we have not had guns since the founding of our Country. What needs to be looked at is how we have developed a generation of sick and twisted males who have no regard for human life. And I thought that taking dodge-ball out of schools was the answer to not making people feel bad about themselves.

In a phrase ... What has happened to my Country?
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2012, 11:33:55 AM »

I haven't been able to post because this horrific crime has made me physically ill. I have read and want to thank everyone for voicing how I feel but haven't been able to express.

This mother sounds like she should have had help along with her son. Who in their right mind would bring guns into the home and have her son learn to use them in his mental state. I believe she was an enabler of her son. Making excuses for him. Instead of trying to get him help. The system has failed big time. We need to bring back mental health hospitals rather than let the families try and take care of their loved ones that have mental health issues. All my opinion.

Like all of you I just can't wrap my head around way he had to shot the babies multiple times. May God be with all the families from Sand Hook. From the ones that lost their babies and families members to the community that will have to deal with this horrific crime.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2012, 12:00:35 PM »

A big thank you to the prayers and kind words from CBB & Sister. I am still feeling very ill over the killings.

You words are soothing, healing ones. I need them at this time! Again, thank you both. an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

You are more than welcome!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #131 on: December 16, 2012, 12:10:22 PM »

OK, I am bout to go on one of Red's rants ... I realize that some may not agree, but there is a greater issue out there.

The situation in Newtown, CT  is a greater issue than taking away guns. I am sorry, but I think Our Founding Fathers knew more than us and the present day politically partisan hacks in Washington. They had a greater perspective as a whole of society and the formation of the United States and what was important. There is a reason why the 2nd Amendment, is just that, 2nd and the greatest right we have is Freedom of Speech, religion. If a right to bear arms was not all that important, it would have been #10. For those who say they were speaking about Muskets and not the guns of the 21st century, have little understanding of the work they did to form the US.

That being said, when you take away guns, only the criminals will have them. How you ask? I would ask the simple question, How's that War on Drugs going in America? It is obvious that we cannot legislate personal responsibility. Do you folks realize how many people own guns? Semi-automatics, hand guns, etc and none of them go out and kill people?

The fact that this sick kid had access to his parents gun is an issue. How do we stop a sick and twisted kid from taking his parent's legally registered guns? Say, he stole his mother's car and ran over 20 kids killing them ... would we be talk about banning cars? We already have laws on the books that prevent the mentally insane from legally purchasing guns. Am I in favor of a longer waiting period for a background check, sure. Do I believe  that gun owners should pass courses, yup. Maybe the question that needs to be asked on the gun back ground check is do you have an insane kid living in your home? But the guns are not the issue, in every case we have seen of a mass murderer, Columbine, VA Tech, Aurora CO, Gabby Giffords, etc ... we are witness to a nut job as the gunman.

I am a business project consultant by trade and work in the world of "root-cause" analysis. What this means is that when there is an issue, a team, department, business misses their goals, metrics or mission, its my job to figure out why. The #1 easiest and most common excuse why such things are missed is because they did not have enough employees. 99.9% of the time that is never the reason when applying root cause analysis. Thus, a knee-jerk reaction to just blame guns is about as productive as rasing taxes on the so-called rich is the answer for our spending problems in DC. (that story is for another day).

This is all going to be a part of my "What happened to my Country" post (novelette). There are so many things that are involved with these callous, desensitized, anti-social, psychopaths than just guns. We have always had guns in this country, something has happened lately that we are breeding some real whackos in these past generations.

On a personal note, I had my first Daisy BB gun in the 1st grade, Cross-man Air rifle at age 9, .22 caliber rifle at age 11, 4-10 gauge shot gun age 12, .22 handgun age 12, 9mm hand gun age 13, .30-06 rifle 15. Not once during the use of any of these guns did I think of mass murder. Back in the day we were taught gun safety in Elementary school. I was considered a marksman status by the 8th grade. Would it surprise you to know that my friends and I over the years have owned AK-47's and AR-15, both semi-automatic assault weapons. Today, I am more into my Glock hand guns.

I believe in the 2nd Amendment and with the way the country has got, I am sorry but I would rather have the ability to protect myself than depend on others. Let's face it, if there is a robbery, assault, etc, what ever happens is going to happen until the police show. At that point the damage is done. Like what happened in Newtown, CT ... once the police showed on the scene, all the shoots had been fired and all had died.

There is a reason why I hold a carry and conceal permit and that is is God forbid I, my family, my friends or if I am out in public and am presented with a nutjob like Adam Lanza ... he would not be killing anyone.

The point I am trying to make here is that 99% of Americans are law abiding and responsible gun owners. We cannot compare the streets of Chicago and Philly and the gang violence to mass shootings in Newtown, CT or Aurora, Co. To do so is being completely ingenuous. You are never getting the guns out of the inner cities. It is too easy to get them illegally. However, if we really want to look at why such heinous acts of violence occurred in Ct that sadly killed 20 precious 6 and 7 year old's, then we need to be honest and take the politics out of the situation.

Its not about guns, its about the fact that we have raised a generation of troubled and disturbed boys that have mental illness and desensitized to killing where they think killing kids is like shooting inanimate objects. No one can tell me that the advent of VIDEO games like "Call of Duty" are not part of the problem. However, its not the only problem. It becomes a "Perfect storm" of disaster when you put a loner, anti-social, mentally-ill together with violent VIDEO games, no parental supervision, no sense of right and wrong, no moral compass, no religion and access to a gun because we either do not take mental illness serious in this country or we have apathetic people just standing by and calling someone a ticking time bomb and then say they are not surprised when they kill.

We cannot think that we can protect everyone from evil at the expense of our Liberties. This is much like terrorism. We have to be right 100% of the time, the sick SOB's like Lanza have to get it right just once.

Making a gun illegal is just not the answer. I believe that if we believe as a Nation that out children are our greatest national treasure, then we also need to protect them as such. Why do we have armed guards in banks and trucks that take $'s from one place to another? Because they are protecting assets. Our children are our greatest assets, its about time we start spending more money on them and less on Teachers Unions pensions. Its about time we spend more money on the protection of our children and less on buyer books like Heather has Two mommies, teaching elementary kids about sex ed and maybe teaching kids at a younger age that there is a such thing in life called failing and not getting an award for finishing 10th. We have created a generation of kids who cannot seem to cope with issues that confront them.

Its not about gun control, its about self control and what happened in our country to create so many boys with no souls and black hearts? No one can say that we have not had guns since the founding of our Country. What needs to be looked at is how we have developed a generation of sick and twisted males who have no regard for human life. And I thought that taking dodge-ball out of schools was the answer to not making people feel bad about themselves.

In a phrase ... What has happened to my Country?

Red, I agree with you.  The teaching of respect for others and ourselves, the teaching of morality, the teaching of manners, the teaching of self-worth and earning what you have and caring for it, the teaching of how to be a parent . . . the list is endless.  This should be taught in the home where the main responsibility of parents is instructing their children on how to live a balanced life.  It's not happening anymore . . . parents want to be their children's friend and not their children's parent.  I could go on and on . . . but I fervently believe it all begins at home.  I am who I am because of what my parents taught me.  I am one of the blessed.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: December 16, 2012, 12:41:48 PM »

Conn. gunman killed self when he heard first responders coming; police 'confident' they'll be able to 'answer all questions'

POST STAFF REPORT
Last Updated: 12:15 PM, December 16, 2012
Posted: 11:05 AM, December 16, 2012

NEWTOWN, Conn. — Connecticut's governor says the elementary school gunman committed suicide when he heard first responders coming.

Speaking on ABC's "This Week," Gov. Dannel Malloy said Adam Lanza shot himself as police entered Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Malloy's comments raise the possibility that Lanza had planned an even larger, more gruesome massacre.

Malloy also reiterated that Lanza shot his way into the locked school.

"He used a weapon to open up the glass and then walked in," he said. "He discharged to make an opening and then went through it, went to the first classroom, as you know, went to the second classroom."

"We surmise that it was during the second classroom episode that he heard responders coming and apparently at that, decided to take his own life," Malloy said.

Malloy offered no possible motive for the shooting and a law enforcement official has said police have found no letters or diaries left behind that could shed light on it.

Later this morning, Connecticut state police Lt. Paul Vance told members of the media he was "confident" that police will be able to "answer every question possible" after their investigation is complete.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/conn_gunman_killed_self_when_he_EJlNKI5yHBQAdMVFKps4GJ
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: December 16, 2012, 12:56:59 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13854.msg1548667#msg1548667

Yes Red, I agree with you.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #134 on: December 16, 2012, 01:44:46 PM »

Red
its not about guns, its about the fact that we have raised a generation of troubled and disturbed boys that have mental illness and desensitized to killing where they think killing kids is like shooting inanimate objects. No one can tell me that the advent of VIDEO games like "Call of Duty" are not part of the problem. However, its not the only problem. It becomes a "Perfect storm" of disaster when you put a loner, anti-social, mentally-ill together with violent VIDEO games, no parental supervision, no sense of right and wrong, no moral compass, no religion and access to a gun because we either do not take mental illness serious in this country or we have apathetic people just standing by and calling someone a ticking time bomb and then say they are not surprised when they kill.

Sister
Red, I agree with you.  The teaching of respect for others and ourselves, the teaching of morality, the teaching of manners, the teaching of self-worth and earning what you have and caring for it, the teaching of how to be a parent . . . the list is endless.  This should be taught in the home where the main responsibility of parents is instructing their children on how to live a balanced life.  It's not happening anymore . . . parents want to be their children's friend and not their children's parent.  I could go on and on . . . but I fervently believe it all begins at home.  I am who I am because of what my parents taught me.  I am one of the blessed.

from info gleaned so far,there was no way anyone could have  prevented adam lanza,from doing what he did,except maybe his mother,but it looks like she wasnt paying attention JMO
why bc,adam and his mother had no,direct contact/in the lanza home, from friends and fam,adams brother,hadnt spoke with adam since 2010,and ill bet ryan and his father only had contac by phone,email,with mom,so there was no way for anyone that could have intervened,to know what
was happening in the home

red i agree,the gun laws are not the prob, im not in favor of monkeying with our constitution,
anyway shape or form we the people of the united states of america,have the greatest democracy ever seen and practiced in the history of mankind,we the people need to make it keep working

bottom line.................personal responsibility,in all aspects of your life

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: December 16, 2012, 02:01:17 PM »

Nancy Lanza feared son, Adam, was ‘getting worse’; told friend ‘he was burning himself with a lighter’

54-year-old who is believed to be the first victim in horrific shooting rampage said ‘she was having trouble reaching him,’ pal says

By Matthew Lysiak AND Stephen Rex Brown / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Sunday, December 16, 2012, 1:28 PM

Less than a week before her son would launch his horrifying attack on Sandy Hook Elementary School, gun-loving mom Nancy Lanza knew "she was losing him" and that "he was getting worse."

A drinking buddy of Lanza told The Daily News that her son Adam had long been troubled and rarely came up in conversation.

"She just looked down at the glass and said, 'I don't know. I'm worried I'm losing him,'" said the bar pal, who did not wish to be named, of the ominous conversation at the bar My Place in Newtown, Conn.

"She said it was getting worse. She was having trouble reaching him."

Adam, who authorities say killed Nancy Lanza, 54, before unleashing a nightmarish attack that killed 20 schoolchildren and six others Friday, was prone to hurting himself, the drinking buddy said.

"Nancy told me he was burning himself with a lighter. In the ankles or arms or something," he recalled of a conversation they had about a year ago. "It was like he was trying to feel something."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/nancy-lanza-feared-son-adam-worse-article-1.1221505#ixzz2FF5QHhom
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #136 on: December 16, 2012, 02:05:07 PM »

First of all, I completely agree with what Red said  -- so I won't add to that thought at all.

What scares me is this nonsense about the world ending on the 21st. Anyone with a lick of sense knows it is preposterous. It is not the people with a lick of sense I am worried about -- it's the mentally unstable people out there (and there ARE quite a few) who this triggers all their irrational thoughts and actions. Since Friday morning we are already seeing unusually high number of incidents. I pray all rational people take extra notice of the people they know who are on the fringe this week and get them the help and supervision they need!!!

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #137 on: December 16, 2012, 02:40:47 PM »

unbelievable more nuts coming from the woodwork

Newtown church evacuated due to unspecified threat during noon mass
 .By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo! News | The Lookout – 1 hr 2 mins ago.

Updated at 2:20 p.m. ET]

NEWTOWN, Conn.--St. Rose of Lima Roman Catholic Church, where President Obama was expected to attend a service later Sunday with the families of the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, was evacuated during its noon mass due to an anonymous threat made by phone.

"I'm going to kill everyone there. My friend didn't finish the job," said the caller to the church, according to Washington Post.

Yahoo News was nearby when patrolmen and SWAT officers surrounded the church with weapons drawn.
more
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/newtown-church-evacuated-due-unspecified-threat-during-noon-182416799.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: December 16, 2012, 02:54:09 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57559450/in-wake-of-school-massacre-conn-authorities-warn-against-social-media-frauds/
In wake of school massacre, Conn. authorities warn against social media frauds
December 16, 2012

NEWTOWN, CONN. Connecticut authorities complained Sunday that false information about the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary school is being promulgated online by social media tricksters. And they warned that such misinformation is prosecutable under the law.
"Misinformation is being posted on social media. People posing as the shooter, mimicking this crime and crime scene and criminal activity, some things in a threatening manner," said Conn. State Police spokesman Paul Vance.

In addition to people pretending to be the shooter or other principals in the investigation, Vance said other posters are putting up information purported to be from the Newtown city police or the Connecticut state police. Neither of those agencies are posting information via twitter or other social media, he said.

"All info related to this case is coming from these microphones," he told reporters at a press briefing in Newtown Sunday morning.

Vance said he considered the misinformation a "violation of federal law and warrants an investigation."

Video at Link

Comments

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: December 16, 2012, 02:55:48 PM »

Sorry but I have to disagree with many of you in that I don't see any reason for assault weapons with the ability to put 11 bullets into a 6yr old child to be legal.  I do believe in the right to bare arms but what is the reason for these types of assault weapons other than to kill as many people as you can as quickly as you can.

I'm sickened by this event as all of you are.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.