March 28, 2024, 04:54:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandy Hook Elementary School, Newton, CT - Multiple Deaths  (Read 276079 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #140 on: December 16, 2012, 03:07:17 PM »

Sorry but I have to disagree with many of you in that I don't see any reason for assault weapons with the ability to put 11 bullets into a 6yr old child to be legal.  I do believe in the right to bare arms but what is the reason for these types of assault weapons other than to kill as many people as you can as quickly as you can.

I'm sickened by this event as all of you are.

We can all probably agree that assault weapons do far more harm than good. I just don't think you can put the genie back in the bottle. You can ban them all day and and all night, but that won't reduce them one bit from those that would use them to inflict them against innocent people. It may be trite to some but the phrase: "When you outlaw guns ... only outlaws will have guns" still rings true.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #141 on: December 16, 2012, 03:10:26 PM »

OK, I am bout to go on one of Red's rants ... I realize that some may not agree, but there is a greater issue out there.

The situation in Newtown, CT  is a greater issue than taking away guns. I am sorry, but I think Our Founding Fathers knew more than us and the present day politically partisan hacks in Washington. They had a greater perspective as a whole of society and the formation of the United States and what was important. There is a reason why the 2nd Amendment, is just that, 2nd and the greatest right we have is Freedom of Speech, religion. If a right to bear arms was not all that important, it would have been #10. For those who say they were speaking about Muskets and not the guns of the 21st century, have little understanding of the work they did to form the US.

That being said, when you take away guns, only the criminals will have them. How you ask? I would ask the simple question, How's that War on Drugs going in America? It is obvious that we cannot legislate personal responsibility. Do you folks realize how many people own guns? Semi-automatics, hand guns, etc and none of them go out and kill people?

The fact that this sick kid had access to his parents gun is an issue. How do we stop a sick and twisted kid from taking his parent's legally registered guns? Say, he stole his mother's car and ran over 20 kids killing them ... would we be talk about banning cars? We already have laws on the books that prevent the mentally insane from legally purchasing guns. Am I in favor of a longer waiting period for a background check, sure. Do I believe  that gun owners should pass courses, yup. Maybe the question that needs to be asked on the gun back ground check is do you have an insane kid living in your home? But the guns are not the issue, in every case we have seen of a mass murderer, Columbine, VA Tech, Aurora CO, Gabby Giffords, etc ... we are witness to a nut job as the gunman.

I am a business project consultant by trade and work in the world of "root-cause" analysis. What this means is that when there is an issue, a team, department, business misses their goals, metrics or mission, its my job to figure out why. The #1 easiest and most common excuse why such things are missed is because they did not have enough employees. 99.9% of the time that is never the reason when applying root cause analysis. Thus, a knee-jerk reaction to just blame guns is about as productive as rasing taxes on the so-called rich is the answer for our spending problems in DC. (that story is for another day).

This is all going to be a part of my "What happened to my Country" post (novelette). There are so many things that are involved with these callous, desensitized, anti-social, psychopaths than just guns. We have always had guns in this country, something has happened lately that we are breeding some real whackos in these past generations.

On a personal note, I had my first Daisy BB gun in the 1st grade, Cross-man Air rifle at age 9, .22 caliber rifle at age 11, 4-10 gauge shot gun age 12, .22 handgun age 12, 9mm hand gun age 13, .30-06 rifle 15. Not once during the use of any of these guns did I think of mass murder. Back in the day we were taught gun safety in Elementary school. I was considered a marksman status by the 8th grade. Would it surprise you to know that my friends and I over the years have owned AK-47's and AR-15, both semi-automatic assault weapons. Today, I am more into my Glock hand guns.

I believe in the 2nd Amendment and with the way the country has got, I am sorry but I would rather have the ability to protect myself than depend on others. Let's face it, if there is a robbery, assault, etc, what ever happens is going to happen until the police show. At that point the damage is done. Like what happened in Newtown, CT ... once the police showed on the scene, all the shoots had been fired and all had died.

There is a reason why I hold a carry and conceal permit and that is is God forbid I, my family, my friends or if I am out in public and am presented with a nutjob like Adam Lanza ... he would not be killing anyone.

The point I am trying to make here is that 99% of Americans are law abiding and responsible gun owners. We cannot compare the streets of Chicago and Philly and the gang violence to mass shootings in Newtown, CT or Aurora, Co. To do so is being completely ingenuous. You are never getting the guns out of the inner cities. It is too easy to get them illegally. However, if we really want to look at why such heinous acts of violence occurred in Ct that sadly killed 20 precious 6 and 7 year old's, then we need to be honest and take the politics out of the situation.

Its not about guns, its about the fact that we have raised a generation of troubled and disturbed boys that have mental illness and desensitized to killing where they think killing kids is like shooting inanimate objects. No one can tell me that the advent of VIDEO games like "Call of Duty" are not part of the problem. However, its not the only problem. It becomes a "Perfect storm" of disaster when you put a loner, anti-social, mentally-ill together with violent VIDEO games, no parental supervision, no sense of right and wrong, no moral compass, no religion and access to a gun because we either do not take mental illness serious in this country or we have apathetic people just standing by and calling someone a ticking time bomb and then say they are not surprised when they kill.

We cannot think that we can protect everyone from evil at the expense of our Liberties. This is much like terrorism. We have to be right 100% of the time, the sick SOB's like Lanza have to get it right just once.

Making a gun illegal is just not the answer. I believe that if we believe as a Nation that out children are our greatest national treasure, then we also need to protect them as such. Why do we have armed guards in banks and trucks that take $'s from one place to another? Because they are protecting assets. Our children are our greatest assets, its about time we start spending more money on them and less on Teachers Unions pensions. Its about time we spend more money on the protection of our children and less on buyer books like Heather has Two mommies, teaching elementary kids about sex ed and maybe teaching kids at a younger age that there is a such thing in life called failing and not getting an award for finishing 10th. We have created a generation of kids who cannot seem to cope with issues that confront them.

Its not about gun control, its about self control and what happened in our country to create so many boys with no souls and black hearts? No one can say that we have not had guns since the founding of our Country. What needs to be looked at is how we have developed a generation of sick and twisted males who have no regard for human life. And I thought that taking dodge-ball out of schools was the answer to not making people feel bad about themselves.

In a phrase ... What has happened to my Country?

I agree with everything you wrote.  If murder were truly the fault of the tool used, then none of us would have a knife in our possession. 

As for blaming the mother...how do we know that this woman wasn't doing everything in her power to help her son?  How do we know that he did not have a sudden psychotic break or have taken some drug that had a horrible impact on his mental state?  The fact is, we don't know.  And why was this woman alone in dealing with her son.  The older son, Ryan, tells LE that he hadn't interacted with his brother since 2010.  WHY?  Did the dad spend anytime with Adam?  When Adam was a child, did Dad invest in his upbringing?  Was mom alone in caring for this boy?  I cared for my m-i-l before she died of Alzheimers'.  So many days I could barely drag myself off to bed before waking after only a couple of hrs because my m-i-l suffered from sundowning.  Once she got to the point that we couldn't manage her medically at home anymore, she would be verbally abusive with the hospital staff.  She cussed.  Words I'd never heard her say.  She would threaten to hit them.  She'd never done that before.  Maybe Adam had never acted aggressive or violent ever before.  Given the description of him by his tech club teacher, he sounded like he had an unreasonable fear of people.  WE JUST DON'T KNOW! 

Human nature has us looking for some reason for this.  We think that if we can just find someone or something to blame we can make sense of it.  But, like so many other situations, sometimes we may not ever truly know what happened or why.  Sometimes we just have to have faith that God has everything under control.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #142 on: December 16, 2012, 03:11:06 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57559450/in-wake-of-school-massacre-conn-authorities-warn-against-social-media-frauds/
In wake of school massacre, Conn. authorities warn against social media frauds
December 16, 2012

NEWTOWN, CONN. Connecticut authorities complained Sunday that false information about the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary school is being promulgated online by social media tricksters. And they warned that such misinformation is prosecutable under the law.
"Misinformation is being posted on social media. People posing as the shooter, mimicking this crime and crime scene and criminal activity, some things in a threatening manner," said Conn. State Police spokesman Paul Vance.

In addition to people pretending to be the shooter or other principals in the investigation, Vance said other posters are putting up information purported to be from the Newtown city police or the Connecticut state police. Neither of those agencies are posting information via twitter or other social media, he said.

"All info related to this case is coming from these microphones," he told reporters at a press briefing in Newtown Sunday morning.

Vance said he considered the misinformation a "violation of federal law and warrants an investigation."

::snipping2::

Video at Link

Comments

This is part of what I am referring to when its not just about guns. There are some sick twisted people out there who hide behind their keyboards and the lash out in a grand way to fill their narcissist ways. In some respects its the underbelly of the Internet and the dark side. Prior to social media these losers only had themselves to talk to. Now they have the world. These people and the crazed mass murderers have no sense of responsibility or consequences of actions.

Hopefully they will be prosecuted.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #143 on: December 16, 2012, 03:16:10 PM »

............ also, the "assault weapon" was not used the shootings, it was 2 hand guns. Insane is insane, no matter what the weapon.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #144 on: December 16, 2012, 03:17:13 PM »

when i said earlier,something wasnt right,and cant put my finger on it
well that something may be in adams several puters JMO
im wondering if adam chatted online,and found like minded people,who
pos could have egged,suggested things to adam,and his weird mind went
wild with it, JMO

Gunman’s computers may be key in Connecticut school shooting investigation
By Jason Sickles, Yahoo! | The Lookout – 2 hrs 6 mins ago
NEWTOWN, Conn. — Alleged school shooter Adam Lanza reportedly occupied two bedrooms in his family's sprawling suburban home, one where he slept and another to stash his computer equipment.
"If he visited certain websites, they are going to glean whatever information they can from that and see what it means," said the source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to discuss the investigation publicly. "Does he have friends he communicates with online? Was there a fight with somebody?"
While the gunman is thought to have acted alone, the law enforcement source said a deep dive into Lanza's computers could provide more clues.

"You don't know if this kid was put up to this by somebody else," the source said. "You don't know if there was a conspiracy of sorts. You don't know if there wasn't somebody who wasn't goading this kid on."

Family and friends say Lanza suffered from a personality disorder and that his mother, whom he killed just prior to the school shootings, struggled with her troubled son.

"Has he been seeing a child psychologist throughout his lifetime? Was he on medication?" the law enforcement source said. "These are a zillion logical who, what, whey, why, where questions that need to be answered. They need to be asked without any fear of any stigmatism … and you can't be politically correct in asking those questions."

Nor should the public be shy about discussing whatever is learned about Lanza's life and what prompted him to act, forensic psychologist Kris Mohandie told CNN.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/gunman-computers-may-key-connecticut-school-shooting-investigation-174438304.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #145 on: December 16, 2012, 03:21:49 PM »

............ also, the "assault weapon" was not used the shootings, it was 2 hand guns. Insane is insane, no matter what the weapon.

This is confusing.  I've seen reports that the assault weapon was found inside the car.  I watched the medical examiner give a presser where he said that out of the 7 victims he'd examined, they were all liked with a rifle. http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/higher-education/medical-examiner-sandy-hook-victims-shot-by-rifle/2012/12/15/78cf63e8-fe84-4f9b-ad20-5aff1e178c78_video.html  So, which was it?  I heard a reporter say that even if he had extended clips, he still would have had to reload.  Hopefully, we'll soon have some answers.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: December 16, 2012, 03:31:24 PM »

She wanted a gun for protection.

The main gun used in the killing was a 223-caliber Bushmaster rifle. It's an assault weapon that can fire up to six bullets per second.

This type of gun should not be made available to the public. Only law enforcement should have access to guns like this.

This woman was becoming unhinged since her divorce.  Who the hell was she expecting to invade her home that she needed a weapon like this.

I agree with San on this
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #147 on: December 16, 2012, 03:32:20 PM »

This is confusing.  I've seen reports that the assault weapon was found inside the car.  I watched the medical examiner give a presser where he said that out of the 7 victims he'd examined, they were all liked with a rifle. http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/higher-education/medical-examiner-sandy-hook-victims-shot-by-rifle/2012/12/15/78cf63e8-fe84-4f9b-ad20-5aff1e178c78_video.html  So, which was it?  I heard a reporter say that even if he had extended clips, he still would have had to reload.  Hopefully, we'll soon have some answers.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57559336/conn-school-shooting-what-we-know/#postComments

On Friday, December 14, a gunman opened fire at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. Here is what CBS News knows about the shooting as of Dec. 16, 1:14 a.m. ET, per Connecticut police, the Connecticut governor's office and other sources:

There were at least 27 victims of a mass shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, on Friday.

20 victims were children attending Sandy Hook Elementary School, which has students from kindergarten through fourth grade, aged 5-10.

18 children died at the school, and 2 died at a hospital.

The names of the victims killed in the shooting were released by Connecticut Chief Medical Examiner on Dec. 15. The children were: Charlotte Bacon, 6; Daniel Barden, 7; Olivia Engel, 6; Josephine Gay, 7; Ana Marquez-Greene, 6 ; Dylan Hockley, 6; Madeleine Hsu, 6; Catherine Hubbard, 6; Chase Kowalski, 7; Jesse Lewis, 6; James Mattioli, 6; Grace McDonnell, 7; Emilie Parker, 6; Jack Pinto, 6; Noah Pozner, 6; Caroline Previdi, 6; Jessica Rekos, 6; Avielle Richman, 6; Benjamin Wheeler, 6; and Allison N. Wyatt, 6.

6 adults, including Dawn Hochsprung, 47; Mary Sherlach, 56; Rachel Davino, 29; Anne Marie Murphy, 52; Lauren Russeau, 20; and Victoria Soto, 27 were killed at the school.

1 adult who lived with the gunman, his mother, was killed before the school massacre at their home in Newtown.

1 adult who was wounded by gunshots survived - Natalie Hammond, lead teacher/vice principal - and was treated at Danbury Hospital.

Police say the shooter was a lone gunman and was found deceased inside the school from a self-inflicted gun wound.

Police found two semi-automatic handguns with the gunman inside the school: a Glock 9mm and a Sig Sauer pistol.

The gunman was armed with a Glock 9mm semi-automatic pistol a Sig Sauer semi-automatic pistol.

Police also found a semi-automatic Bushmaster .223 caliber rifle inside the car her drove to the school, his mother's car, and shell casings inside the school.

All three guns match the type of guns purchased legally by the shooter's mother.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #148 on: December 16, 2012, 03:32:57 PM »

Sorry but I have to disagree with many of you in that I don't see any reason for assault weapons with the ability to put 11 bullets into a 6yr old child to be legal.  I do believe in the right to bare arms but what is the reason for these types of assault weapons other than to kill as many people as you can as quickly as you can.

You know, as I do you, we would do anything to find the right way to protect children. I have dealt with guns my entire life and I know that by merely passing a law does not solve the problem. Drugs are supposed to be illegal to in the US. Well, except in some dope smoking states. I know very well from past statements by politicians that they want all the guns, not just assault weapons. This would be their foot in the door. Sadly and sickly, if some one wants to bad enough, a killer could have inflicted just as much damage with a hand gun with multiple regular clips.

I will use the statement that I do when we talk about child predators and how politicians, ACLU and the MSM deal with it.

When a child is touched, they say, well at least she was not molested.
Then when the child is molested, they say, well at least she was not raped.
Then when the child is raped, they say, well at least she was not killed.
Then when the child is killed ... they are all outraged at how such a thing could ever take place.

I look at this terrible situation in Newtown, CT the same way. How could any punk that was capable of murdering 20 precious children not have shown the signs. There is no way that some one who is capable of such an sick and twisted act could walk around in a normal manner. At some point, neighbors, friends or their damn parents need to blow the whistle on them.

We ask how could such a thing like this happen? It happens when good people do nothing. It happens when a mother who knows she has a screwball for a son has accessible guns. The question I ask is would we be talking about this today had the mom been more responsible, not just with the maintaining of her guns, but dealing with her son? Or would he have found a way to have got then any how? This kid was so sick that I think he would have found a way to kill.

That being said, I like you am just sickened by this and have been devastated. Especially when I know that area so well and is identical to where I grew up as a child.

I cannot even imagine what it is going to look like there next week with the crisscrossing of child funerals.

God Bless them all.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #149 on: December 16, 2012, 03:36:02 PM »

I really hope the following does not happen, but these people are so hateful ... I am sure they will descend upon Newtown, CT with their special brand of vile hate.

Westboro Baptist Cult Plans on Protesting Sandy Hook Elementary School Funerals
http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/12/16/westboro-baptist-cult-plans-on-protesting-sandy-hook-elementyary-school-funerals/

Less than 48 hours after the Connecticut school shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT, which took place on Dec. 14, the Westboro Baptist Church is already making plans to picket. The Westboro Baptist Church is known for picketing and protesting at funerals across the country.

“Westboro will picket Sandy Hook Elementary School to sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment,” Shirley Phelps-Roper tweeted on Dec. 15.

“They need to come back to Oklahoma,” Bryan Weathers, from Moore, said. “We know how to take care of them here.”
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #150 on: December 16, 2012, 03:41:43 PM »

I really hope the following does not happen, but these people are so hateful ... I am sure they will descend upon Newtown, CT with their special brand of vile hate.

Westboro Baptist Cult Plans on Protesting Sandy Hook Elementary School Funerals
http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/12/16/westboro-baptist-cult-plans-on-protesting-sandy-hook-elementyary-school-funerals/

Less than 48 hours after the Connecticut school shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT, which took place on Dec. 14, the Westboro Baptist Church is already making plans to picket. The Westboro Baptist Church is known for picketing and protesting at funerals across the country.

“Westboro will picket Sandy Hook Elementary School to sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment,” Shirley Phelps-Roper tweeted on Dec. 15.

“They need to come back to Oklahoma,” Bryan Weathers, from Moore, said. “We know how to take care of them here.”

Haters.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #151 on: December 16, 2012, 03:51:46 PM »

Wow, amazing and well written account from The Hartford Courant. Its actually almost too difficult to read. ...'A Methodical Massacre: Horror And Heroics'

http://articles.courant.com/2012-12-15/news/hc-timeline-newtown-shooting-1216-20121215_1_school-psychologist-classroom-special-education-teacher

Once inside, he had to make a choice.

Principal Dawn Hochsprung's office was straight ahead. To the right, 25 or so children were rehearsing a play in the school cafeteria. To his left were the first-grade classrooms.

Lanza turned left.

The first classroom that Lanza reached was that of teacher Kaitlin Roig. Alarmed by the gunfire, she had hidden her students in a bathroom and closed her classroom door. For reasons that could not be explained Saturday, Lanza passed by Roig's classroom.

The classroom he chose to enter was substitute teacher Lauren Rousseau's, where he proceeded to systematically shoot everyone inside — the 14 children who investigators believe were huddled and clutching one another in fear, Rousseau and a special education teacher who happened to be in the room. Rousseau was filling in for the regular teacher, who was out on maternity leave. Rousseau had been teaching at the school for six weeks.

"There were 14 coats hanging there and 14 bodies. He killed them all," said a law enforcement officer involved in the case.

Investigators believe that the violence began even earlier that morning in the 4,000-square-foot home on Yogananda Street where Lanza is believed to have lived with his mother. He hasn't spoken since 2010 to his brother, Ryan, or his father, Peter, who has a home in Stamford and another in New Jersey, the sources said.

During a search of Lanza's mother's home, police found her body in her bed. She had been shot twice in the head. Authorities have not determined the time between when Adam Lanza killed his mother and left for Sandy Hook Elementary

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #152 on: December 16, 2012, 04:28:12 PM »

You know, as I do you, we would do anything to find the right way to protect children. I have dealt with guns my entire life and I know that by merely passing a law does not solve the problem. Drugs are supposed to be illegal to in the US. Well, except in some dope smoking states. I know very well from past statements by politicians that they want all the guns, not just assault weapons. This would be their foot in the door. Sadly and sickly, if some one wants to bad enough, a killer could have inflicted just as much damage with a hand gun with multiple regular clips.

I will use the statement that I do when we talk about child predators and how politicians, ACLU and the MSM deal with it.

Then when the child is killed ... they are all outraged at how such a thing could ever take place.

I look at this terrible situation in Newtown, CT the same way. How could any punk that was capable of murdering 20 precious children not have shown the signs. There is no way that some one who is capable of such an sick and twisted act could walk around in a normal manner. At some point, neighbors, friends or their damn parents need to blow the whistle on them.

We ask how could such a thing like this happen? It happens when good people do nothing. It happens when a mother who knows she has a screwball for a son has accessible guns. The question I ask is would we be talking about this today had the mom been more responsible, not just with the maintaining of her guns, but dealing with her son? Or would he have found a way to have got then any how? This kid was so sick that I think he would have found a way to kill.

That being said, I like you am just sickened by this and have been devastated. Especially when I know that area so well and is identical to where I grew up as a child.

I cannot even imagine what it is going to look like there next week with the crisscrossing of child funerals.

God Bless them all.

One problem I have always had with the Constitution... is the "All men are created equal" line. Cuz buddy, I mean to tell ya, there has never been a bigger line of BS, ever.

Some "men" choose to walk around with a Grand Wizard attack of Darth Vader bowl haircut, carrying a black brief case, running from people in the hallway,  sitting up in their mammy's house playing patty cake and World of Warcraft computer games all day. Like Adam - that loon.

...and some men actually go to  ::snipping2::Supercuts ::snipping2::, or some such, and go fishing... or play basketball, read a book, and grow and learn... and AT LEAST TRY, if not succeed, at becoming a productive member of society.

They can outlaw everything - but a majority will suffer, because most people can handle and cope with life... and some, like Adam, will just never make the grade. No matter how many laws they pass.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #153 on: December 16, 2012, 04:32:35 PM »

God Bless them all.

One problem I have always had with the Constitution... is the "All men are created equal" line. Cuz buddy, I mean to tell ya, there has never been a bigger line of BS, ever.

Some "men" choose to walk around with a Grand Wizard attack of Darth Vader bowl haircut, carrying a black brief case, running from people in the hallway,  sitting up in their mammy's house playing patty cake and World of Warcraft computer games all day. Like Adam - that loon.

...and some men actually go to  ::snipping2::Supercuts ::snipping2::, or some such, and go fishing... or play basketball, read a book, and grow and learn... and AT LEAST TRY, if not succeed, at becoming a productive member of society.

They can outlaw everything - but a majority will suffer, because most people can handle and cope with life... and some, like Adam, will just never make the grade. No matter how many laws they pass.

Wow, lol, not sure how to respond to that one.

I think all men(women) are created equal, that does not mean that all men(women) are equal.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #154 on: December 16, 2012, 04:48:23 PM »

I am with Klaas.  No one needs weapons that can exlpode many bullets per second.

Are we going to accept that this is life now?  Going to a movie, going to the mall,going to a church, going to a school?

I say we give a try like other countries have and limit the access to guns. Semi automatic. 

The handguns he had could blow bullets at a rapid rate.

I heard onn TV that he had a rifle in his trunk that had soe kind of drum on it that could shoot bullets at a greater capacity so he had other plans too.

If we start liiting them now, maybe we can make a difference in a few years.

I am sick of handwringing and heartfelt prayers.  I think people would rather have their little children waiting for Santa instead of planning for a funeral
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #155 on: December 16, 2012, 04:54:15 PM »

Imagine if he didn't have that assault rifle.  Would he have killed as many.  6 bullets per second and he probably just kept pulling the trigger.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #156 on: December 16, 2012, 05:02:15 PM »

Anonymous, stikes again, wonder if they have files on nancy and adam too

Hackers target Westboro Baptist Church after Newtown threat

After church leaders announce plans to protest at site of school massacre, Anonymous posts the personal information for dozens of members of the extremist group, including names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers.
by Steven Musil
| December 16, 2012 1:05 PM PST
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57559468-93/hackers-target-westboro-baptist-church-after-newtown-threat/

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #157 on: December 16, 2012, 05:17:55 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-once-again-cast-in-role-of-comforter-in-chief/2012/12/16/661f183c-4791-11e2-820e-17eefac2f939_story.html

By Steve Vogel, David Nakamura and David A. Fahrenthold, Updated: Sunday, December 16, 1:30 PM

NEWTOWN, Conn. — The gunman who stormed into an elementary school here Friday carried “numerous” high-capacity ammunition magazines for his semiautomatic rifle, as well as multiple magazines for two other guns, police said Sunday afternoon.

In all, 20 year-0ld Adam Lanza had hundreds of bullets with him when he shot out a pane of glass and entered Sandy Hook elementary school at 9:30 a.m. Friday. Police said that Lanza had used one gun--a “Bushmaster” brand rifle, whose design can be traced the M-16 weapon developed for U.S. troops in Vietnam--to kill 20 children and six adults inside.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock

The Washington D.C. based Violence Policy Center has branded Glocks as the "Favorite for Mass Shooters" and "efficient killing machines" [5]. Glocks reportedly were used in recent mass murders at a Connecticut elementary school, a Colorado movie theater, and an Arizona event attended by a member of Congress
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #158 on: December 16, 2012, 05:30:12 PM »

http://wtvr.com/2012/12/16/police-hundreds-of-bullets-fired-from-assault-style-rifle/

POLICE: Hundreds of bullets fired from assault-style rifle

Posted on: 4:40 pm, December 16, 2012, by Alix Bryan

(CNN) –The weapon “utilized most of the time” during Friday’s Connecticut school shooting was a Bushmaster AR-15 “assault-type weapon,” Connecticut State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance said Sunday afternoon.

Adam Lanza fired “hundreds of bullets” from “multiple magazines” from a Bushmaster “assault-style rifle” during Friday’s massacre at a Connecticut elementary school, said Lt. Vance.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #159 on: December 16, 2012, 05:32:19 PM »

I am with Klaas.  No one needs weapons that can exlpode many bullets per second.

Are we going to accept that this is life now?  Going to a movie, going to the mall,going to a church, going to a school?

I say we give a try like other countries have and limit the access to guns. Semi automatic. 

The handguns he had could blow bullets at a rapid rate.

I heard onn TV that he had a rifle in his trunk that had soe kind of drum on it that could shoot bullets at a greater capacity so he had other plans too.

If we start liiting them now, maybe we can make a difference in a few years.

I am sick of handwringing and heartfelt prayers.  I think people would rather have their little children waiting for Santa instead of planning for a funeral

As I said earlier at great length, you better do a lot more than going after guns. If you ban guns, then the only people who will have them will be the criminals. That is just a fact. There is a reason why criminals head to "gun free" locations to cause crimes. So guns are bad and should be banned but a nutjobs rights are protected be privacy laws and the ACLU.

So you are saying that the Glock 9mm hand gun and others I own are illegal? That you would want to take it away from me? Not going to ever happen. That is where the 2nd Amendment comes into play. I will never allow that to happen and will fight to with all my being, because next will go my free speech.
http://www.glockmeister.com/9-mm/products/4/

We can agree to disagree, but I do not count on the government/police to take care of me or protect me. By the time they get to my home if an individual broke into me home, I would be dead.

This is what may of you who are not gun owners need to understand, the bad guys will bet their hands on guns. If and when they do and the commit a crime, you would be at the criminals mercy until the police get there 5,10,15 minutes later.

This is what I don't understand and why there is a difference. Schools are considered entities of the State and with the govt "no child left behind" rules, a function of the fed govt as well. Name me one State or Federal office that does not have security at it? Why does a Court House have security and not a school? The best way to keep those safe inside a building is keeping people out, not hoping you make sure some one never gets access to a gun.

I have worked in offices that performed govt contracts and it was mandatory that they have security.

I am just saying, that if we all agree that children's safety is paramount, why wouldn't we agree that schools should have security? Isn't this the exact reason why we put Air Marshalls on plane fights following 911?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.