March 28, 2024, 04:00:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandy Hook Elementary School, Newton, CT - Multiple Deaths  (Read 276077 times)
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #160 on: December 16, 2012, 05:32:38 PM »

Conn. State Police: Lanza had hundreds of rounds on him

Sunday, December 16, 2012

"All the weapons used had multiple magazines with about 30 rounds per magazine."

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2012/12/16/authorities_search_f.html

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #161 on: December 16, 2012, 05:35:57 PM »

Anonymous, stikes again, wonder if they have files on nancy and adam too

Hackers target Westboro Baptist Church after Newtown threat

After church leaders announce plans to protest at site of school massacre, Anonymous posts the personal information for dozens of members of the extremist group, including names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers.
by Steven Musil
| December 16, 2012 1:05 PM PST
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57559468-93/hackers-target-westboro-baptist-church-after-newtown-threat/

Nice, Anonymous finally using their powers for good. Luv it. Their audio to WBC is priceless.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #162 on: December 16, 2012, 05:39:38 PM »

Sorry but I have to disagree with many of you in that I don't see any reason for assault weapons with the ability to put 11 bullets into a 6yr old child to be legal.  I do believe in the right to bare arms but what is the reason for these types of assault weapons other than to kill as many people as you can as quickly as you can.

I'm sickened by this event as all of you are.

I agree with everything Red said except I agree with your point. My husband is a major hunter and has many guns and rifles, but NO assault rifles.  No need for them.  They are for the military and maybe LE only and should stay that way.  I agree our forefathers knew what they were talking about, but there were no assault rifles back then either.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #163 on: December 16, 2012, 05:44:32 PM »

im all for security in schools,even ones like sandy hook,this tragedy has taught us that
that only locked doors dont work,many schools across america have more than locked doors
the kids dont even have to see a guard,he/she sits in a video security room,and shows up
when a security issue comes up,and a metal detector wouldnt hurt either

you might want to bookmark this,we are prob, going to have to look at it, a lot in the days to come
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/images/charters_logo_for_exhibit_pages.gif
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/charters_of_freedom_1.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #164 on: December 16, 2012, 06:08:37 PM »

I am with Klaas.  No one needs weapons that can exlpode many bullets per second.

Are we going to accept that this is life now?  Going to a movie, going to the mall,going to a church, going to a school?

I say we give a try like other countries have and limit the access to guns. Semi automatic. 

The handguns he had could blow bullets at a rapid rate.

I heard onn TV that he had a rifle in his trunk that had soe kind of drum on it that could shoot bullets at a greater capacity so he had other plans too.

If we start liiting them now, maybe we can make a difference in a few years.

I am sick of handwringing and heartfelt prayers.  I think people would rather have their little children waiting for Santa instead of planning for a funeral

As I said earlier at great length, you better do a lot more than going after guns. If you ban guns, then the only people who will have them will be the criminals. That is just a fact. There is a reason why criminals head to "gun free" locations to cause crimes. So guns are bad and should be banned but a nutjobs rights are protected be privacy laws and the ACLU.

So you are saying that the Glock 9mm hand gun and others I own are illegal? That you would want to take it away from me? Not going to ever happen. That is where the 2nd Amendment comes into play. I will never allow that to happen and will fight to with all my being, because next will go my free speech.
http://www.glockmeister.com/9-mm/products/4/

We can agree to disagree, but I do not count on the government/police to take care of me or protect me. By the time they get to my home if an individual broke into me home, I would be dead.

This is what may of you who are not gun owners need to understand, the bad guys will bet their hands on guns. If and when they do and the commit a crime, you would be at the criminals mercy until the police get there 5,10,15 minutes later.

This is what I don't understand and why there is a difference. Schools are considered entities of the State and with the govt "no child left behind" rules, a function of the fed govt as well. Name me one State or Federal office that does not have security at it? Why does a Court House have security and not a school? The best way to keep those safe inside a building is keeping people out, not hoping you make sure some one never gets access to a gun.

I have worked in offices that performed govt contracts and it was mandatory that they have security.

I am just saying, that if we all agree that children's safety is paramount, why wouldn't we agree that schools should have security? Isn't this the exact reason why we put Air Marshalls on plane fights following 911?

Red, I am totally with you on this. They just don't want to stop until we are just like Europe... or NY city. Criminals do what they want.
Your big line of defense will be calling 911, unless of course they stole your cell phone too. Forget it. I don't want to live like that.
Might as well be a declawed house cat.

------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #165 on: December 16, 2012, 06:16:39 PM »

The crazy people are out there and unfortunately, the Internet is partially to blame. These fools have been provided a platform for their insanity and social media makes these loser cowards bigger than they really are. Check out the latest loser who now finds himself arrest on making terror threats.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/20358041/columbia-19-year-old-arrested-for-making-threats-via-facebook

Police in Maury County have confirmed the arrest of a 19-year-old who made threats via Facebook to "go on a rampage similar to the one in Connecticut."

Sources within the Columbia Police Department told Nashville's News 2 that Shawn Lenz has a record including one domestic assault arrest.

In full, the Facebook post read, "feel like goin on a rampage, kinda like the school shooting were (sic) that one guy killed some teachers and a bunch of students."

This guy might as well kiss his future and job opportunities bye, bye.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #166 on: December 16, 2012, 06:18:15 PM »

When we had the Tylenol issue, caps were changed on everything.

When the shoe bomb attempt happened, we have to take shoes off at the airport.

We can't bring any liquids except for tiny amounts on the plane.

Fertilizer is tagged.

I have been to many countries that do not allow guns.  Now there is true freedom. Try it sometime.  It's an interesting experience
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: December 16, 2012, 06:48:10 PM »

Robbie Parker defines unwavering faith in God as he comes to term with the tragic loss of his precious Emily.  When I consider my 6 year old grandson ... I concede that I honestly do not know if my faith would sustained me.  Would I be reaching up for strength or would I be lashing out in anger?

Daniel 6:10 - Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.

Roman 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 - Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Janet

+++++ 

Connecticut Shooting Tragedy: Robbie Parker
Father of Shooting Victim Emilie Parker offers condolences to the families affected by shooting.
06:20 | 12/15/2012

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/connecticut-shooting-tragedy-robbie-parker-17986590

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: December 16, 2012, 06:50:16 PM »

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #169 on: December 16, 2012, 06:59:51 PM »

When we had the Tylenol issue, caps were changed on everything.

When the shoe bomb attempt happened, we have to take shoes off at the airport.

We can't bring any liquids except for tiny amounts on the plane.

Fertilizer is tagged.

I have been to many countries that do not allow guns.  Now there is true freedom. Try it sometime.  It's an interesting experience

Many of these other countries also do not have this thing called the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

I really do hope that all of you realize that the Bill of Rights, the first 10 Amendments, were put in place not to protect us from each other but from the Federal Govt. It hardly gives me a warm fuzzy when the very people that Our Rights from who we are supposed to be protected from, want to take them away and we allow it.

These limitations serve to protect the natural rights of liberty and property. They guarantee a number of personal freedoms, limit the government's power in judicial and other proceedings, and reserve some powers to the states and the public.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #170 on: December 16, 2012, 07:12:43 PM »

Many of these other countries also do not have this thing called the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

I really do hope that all of you realize that the Bill of Rights, the first 10 Amendments, were put in place not to protect us from each other but from the Federal Govt. It hardly gives me a warm fuzzy when the very people that Our Rights from who we are supposed to be protected from, want to take them away and we allow it.

These limitations serve to protect the natural rights of liberty and property. They guarantee a number of personal freedoms, limit the government's power in judicial and other proceedings, and reserve some powers to the states and the public.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: December 16, 2012, 07:32:18 PM »

Reagan on Gun Control and Self-Defense

<snipped>

Again, Reagan speaks to this fact:

"There are those in America today who have come to depend absolutely on government for their security. And when government fails they seek to rectify that failure in the form of granting government more power. So, as government has failed to control crime and violence with the means given it by the Constitution, they seek to give it more power at the expense of the Constitution. But in doing so, in their willingness to give up their arms in the name of safety, they are really giving up their protection from what has always been the chief source of despotism -- government."

<snipped>

Read more:
http://theacru.org/acru/reagan_on_gun_control_and_selfdefense/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: December 16, 2012, 07:36:33 PM »

Reagan on Gun Control and Self-Defense

My thanks to blogger Mark Alexander and his Patriot Post for digging up this great quote from our last truly great president, Ronald Reagan, concerning gun control:

"You won't get gun control by disarming law-abiding citizens. There's only one way to get real gun control: Disarm the thugs and the criminals, lock them up and if you don't actually throw away the key, at least lose it for a long time... It's a nasty truth, but those who seek to inflict harm are not fazed by gun controllers. I happen to know this from personal experience."
It seems to me that Reagan would have known all too well how to relate to last week's massacre at Virginia Tech. After all, he said those words in 1983, after surviving John Hinckley's assassination attempt in 1981.

<snipped>

Read more:
http://theacru.org/acru/reagan_on_gun_control_and_selfdefense/

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #173 on: December 16, 2012, 08:19:02 PM »

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/article/Sandy-Hook-students-will-relocate-to-Monroe-4121610.php
Sandy Hook students will relocate to Monroe
December 16, 2012

NEWTOWN -- When Sandy Hook Elementary School students return to classes, it will not be in the building where 20 of their classmates and six staffers were killed in a rampage Friday.

Superintendent Janet Robinson announced Sunday that Sandy Hook students and staff will be relocated to Chalk Hill School in Monroe.

"It is located just across the border from Newtown and should be ready for occupancy in just a few days," Robinson wrote in an email. "We will be able to publish the exact date shortly."

Counseling will be available Sunday and Monday in two Newtown locations for students and adults as they deal with shootings in which a gunman killed 20 students and six staff as well as his mother and himself. Reed Intermediate School is open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday and Monday to provide counseling and the Newtown Youth & Family Services Inc. is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday for emergency counseling at its office at 15 Berkshire Road. At both locations, walk-ins are welcome.

"Schools will not open Monday, because my staff wanted a little more time,'' Robinson said. "On Monday, the staff will come in. We have received so much assistance, it's been wonderful. There will be training for our counselors as well as sessions with our staff about how to help kids get through this awful event."

Tuesday will be a regular day for staff and students at Hawley, Middle Gate and Head O'Meadow elementary schools as well as Reed Intermediate and Newtown middle and high schools, Robinson said.

Additionally, an Interfaith service in the Newtown High School Auditorium is to be held at 7 p.m. Sunday.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #174 on: December 16, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »

From the church service.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/tragedy-focus-love-children-love-guns-article-1.1221568
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #175 on: December 16, 2012, 08:51:52 PM »

Things that make you go hmm, and get you upset by the faux concern when things could have been different.

For those of you who believe and have more faith in the politicians than I, Republican, Democrat or Independent, when it comes to their so-called sincerity about protecting children, you might want to read the following. Beware of those in positions of authority claim they are shocked and outraged, when behind the scenes, they may have pulled funding from programs that were meant to prevent such heinous acts like the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting from happening.

Before Connecticut tragedy, administration eliminated emergency preparedness program,let school violence prevention programs lapse
http://www.washingtonguardian.com/washingtons-school-security-failure

Beneath the expressions of grief, sorrow and disbelief over the Connecticut school massacre lies an uneasy truth in Washington: over the last few years the Obama administration and Congress quietly let federal funding for several key school security programs lapse in the name of budget savings.

Government officials told the Washington Guardian on Friday night that two Justice Department programs that had provided more than $200 million to schools for training, security equipment and police resources over the last decade weren't renewed in 2011 and 2012, and that a separate program that provided $800 million to put police officers inside the schools was ended a few years earlier.

Meanwhile, the administration eliminated funding in 2011-12 for a separate Education Department program that gave money to schools to prepare for mass tragedies, the officials said.
::snipping2::

“I was baffled to see funds and programs cut in these areas,” said Kenneth Trump, the president of the National School Safety and Security Services firm that helps school districts and policymakers improve protections for teachers and students. “Our political and policy leaders need to walk the walk, not just talk the talk about being concerned about school safety.

"Our hearts are broken today," President Barack Obama said, wiping a tear from his eyes as he reacted to the tragedy. "As a country we have been through this too many times.

"These neighborhoods are our neighborhoods, and these children are our children. And we're going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics," the president added.

But last year, his administration took a less muted tone as it submitted its 2012 Education Department budget to Congress that eliminated the Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) funding, which for years provided between $20 million and $30 million in annual grants to help schools create emergency and crisis preparation and prevention plans for tragedies just like the one that unfolded Friday.

Read the whole article HERE.
http://www.washingtonguardian.com/washingtons-school-security-failure

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #176 on: December 16, 2012, 10:21:00 PM »

This is where I think they want to take us, I think. As far as I'm concerned, Obama can keep sticking his finger in his eye to make tears.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/october/16/newsid_3110000/3110949.stm
1996: Handguns to be banned in the UK
The British Government has announced plans to outlaw almost all handguns following the shocking massacre at Dunblane in Scotland.
 On 13 March Thomas Hamilton walked into the gym at Dunblane primary school and killed 16 young children and their teacher. He also injured 13 other children and three teachers. Hamilton, a former scout master, then shot himself.

Shortly after they banned almost all guns - they then banned all guns.

If this happens - we will be just as happy as England is now. 

I enjoy their accents, very much... but they are declawed house cats.

Perhaps a bobby could question a perp into submission?

------------------
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: December 16, 2012, 11:00:06 PM »

Two-page article

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/connecticut-school-shooting-adam-lanza-mother-visited-gun/story?id=17992396

Connecticut School Shooting: Adam Lanza and Mother Visited Gun Ranges
Dec. 16, 2012

Adam Lanza, the 20-year-old who killed 20 children and six adults in a rampage at a Connecticut elementary school, and his mother both spent time at an area gun range, ABC News has learned.

A Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives spokesperson told ABC News investigators have determined Lanza did visit a gun range, but they have not determined whether he shot there.

Investigators have also learned his mother, Nancy Lanza, visited a gun range on multiple occasions, but they have not determined whether her son was with her during those visits, the spokesperson said.
Lanza, who was described by neighbors and former classmates as being very bright, took six classes at Western Connecticut State University in 2008 and 2009, beginning when he was just 16, and had a grade point average of 3.26.

According to Paul Steinmetz, Director of University of Relations at Western Connecticut State University in Danbury, Lanza started at the school in the summer of 2008, took a couple classes that fall and then in the spring and summer of 2009.
Lanza took courses in computer science, such as website design, the computer language called BASIC, and data modeling, as well as in philosophy, American history and economics.
"Adam Lanza has been a weird kid since we were five years old," wrote a neighbor and former classmate Timothy Dalton on Twitter. "As horrible as this was, I can't say I am surprised."

In school, Lanza carried a black briefcase and spoke little. Every day, he wore a sort of uniform: khakis and a shirt buttoned up to the neck, with pens lined up in his shirt pocket.

A former classmate in his 10th grade honors English class, Olivia DeVivo, says he "was always very nervous and socially awkward."

She told ABC News that "he didn't really want to be spoken to" and that when teachers would call on him "it appeared physically difficult for him to speak."

Lanza avoided public attention and had few, if any, friends, though he was a member of the high-school tech club. He liked to sit near the door of the classroom to make a quick exit.

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #178 on: December 16, 2012, 11:08:04 PM »

By TOM WELLS, Home Affairs Correspondent
 Published: 12/16/2012

The Sun

End the lunacy
 — Shock, fury and shame at America's Dunblane
— Obama: We're not doing enough, we must change

THESE are the innocents of America’s Dunblane — each smiling face a heartbreaking plea for the nation to give up its guns.

President Barack Obama last night hinted he is determined to end the lunacy, speaking at a vigil for victims of Friday’s rampage by Adam Lanza in Newtown, Connecticut.

He suggested he is considering a radical move to ditch America’s historic right to bear arms in the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre.

The President has come under pressure to bring in strict gun control laws after Lanza murdered 20 children and six staff at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

And as he addressed a moving vigil at the High School in Newtown, Mr Obama suggested it was time for a fundamental change.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4701187/Calls-for-tougher-gun-control-laws-after-Newtown-school-massacre.html#ixzz2FHJ5U1Jp

------------------
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #179 on: December 16, 2012, 11:34:36 PM »

Civil law is really not so far fetched.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.