March 28, 2024, 04:16:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandy Hook Elementary School, Newton, CT - Multiple Deaths  (Read 276043 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #180 on: December 16, 2012, 11:42:58 PM »

you think you are violated at the airport now... just wait

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #181 on: December 16, 2012, 11:57:41 PM »

Luckily, I don't need to fly with what I do. Some of those TSA airport people aren't fit to be slinging fries at Burger Hut.

I simply refuse to have a battle of the wits with an unarmed person. My momma raised a gentleman!

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #182 on: December 17, 2012, 12:14:07 AM »

Luckily, I don't need to fly with what I do. Some of those TSA airport people aren't fit to be slinging fries at Burger Hut.

I simply refuse to have a battle of the wits with an unarmed person. My momma raised a gentleman!

I agree carpe...... but when is enough enough?? When do we just bow down to "authority"?

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #183 on: December 17, 2012, 12:36:23 AM »

I agree carpe...... but when is enough enough?? When do we just bow down to "authority"?

I have no problem with the authority part - provided the authority has trust and integrity behind it. Obama has none of these things. So, maybe another 4 years? Obama is doing enough bowing
to anything for every American, right now. At least it gives him a break from golfing for the time being?

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #184 on: December 17, 2012, 01:19:36 AM »

i can see its really really bad,and just gets worse,how much of this is going on in
america

now we have a extremist supervising/teaching  a possible mentally challenged person

Mother of Sandy Hook gunman Adam Lanza 'was a gun obsessive living in fear of society's collapse'
Monday, 17 December 2012
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/mother-of-sandy-hook-gunman-adam-lanza-was-a-gun-obsessive-living-in-fear-of-societys-collapse-16251468.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: December 17, 2012, 02:38:21 AM »

And more disturbing information...imo 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2249185/Connecticut-school-shooting-Did-paranoid-gun-crazed-mother-trigger-Adam-Lanzas-school-killing-spree-Friends-say-believed-world-edge-collapse.html

Did paranoid, gun-crazed mother trigger son's school killing spree? Friends say she believed world was on edge of collapse
PUBLISHED:19:03 EST, 16 December 2012| UPDATED: 21:01 EST, 16 December 2012

::snipping2::
Mr Holmes revealed how Mrs Lanza – who divorced Adam’s father Peter, a wealthy  senior executive at a financial services company, in 2008 – never liked people to see inside her house.

‘I would ring the bell on the front door and she would come out the side and meet me,’ he said. ‘It was a little weird. It’s stranger now thinking back on what happened.’

As for her son, he was described yesterday as a ‘ghost’ – an autistic genius, according to former school fellows, but also a ‘deeply disturbed’ young man who was so withdrawn that even many of his closest relatives hadn’t set eyes on him for years.

It emerged last night that police are trying to repair a computer hard drive which was found shattered on the floor in the killer’s bedroom but which they believe may hold vital clues to his motives.

Friends who regularly played Mrs Lanza at a dice game said they too never managed to see the inside of her home.
Read more...
crazybabyborg
« Reply #186 on: December 17, 2012, 04:45:21 AM »

I'm struggling with how I feel about the issues being raised around guns. I don't know anything about guns, but have occasionally been aware that I would feel safer, at times, if I knew I had access to one. I am certain that mentally healthy citizens should have the right to own arms. I just don't understand any legal purpose for a private citizen to own an assault weapon, and I'm not trying to make a point by saying that, other than I really don't know of a reason. I'm willing to be educated otherwise. I know that there has to be a line somewhere because we'd all agree that we shouldn't be allowed to own a nuclear bomb, but I'm sure there are many steps between a hunting rifle or personal handgun and weapons of mass destruction, so since common sense dictates the degree to which a private citizen should be allowed to arm themselves, where should the line be?

I know exactly how I feel about other contributing factors. I believe that media should never publish the name or photo of a perpetrator in these incidents. That would interfere with the public's right to know, but I honestly believe it could serve as a deterrent. So many of these guys are loners, and it's not a huge leap to believe that when they decide to commit suicide, they want to find a way to get the attention they feel deprived of and are angry about. My hope is that if that possibility was taken away, they might just harm themselves.

I know that in the aftermath of a tragedy, media, politicians, and school administrations openly turn to prayer and God and call for others to join them. Do we have to endure such a gut wrenching event to embrace a higher purpose? Wouldn't it hold a real possibility of change if along with the mandatory sex education, tolerance awareness, and gender neutral issues, we had a small place for learning we are loved and given purpose by something greater than ourselves? Would it have made a difference to the shooter at Sandy Hook if he believed that?

I know of no other weapon that can truly be the answer for evil other than love. We take on so much responsibility within our schools that were once regarded as appropriately being taught at home so we can be sure that our children don't miss it..... but not this lesson. We have effectively marched God to the door of our schools and asked Him to leave. We were created with free will and God honors our choices. We have made it an infraction for players to pray before a school sponsored game, even if the students themselves choose to gather and attempt it. The closest answer to this massacre I have seen since it has occurred was from the most unlikely source; Saturday Night Live. They opened their show with a children's choir singing "Silent Night". I couldn't choke back the tears. That's change, however fleeting it probably is, and it was the first hope I'd felt since 20 first graders were slaughtered in their classrooms.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #187 on: December 17, 2012, 08:46:56 AM »

CBB - WELL SAID. I couldn't have said it all better!

You always put my thoughts into words so well.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #188 on: December 17, 2012, 09:17:11 AM »

I can not find the original source of this yet. If I do I will provide a link to give it the proper credit.

11 days before Christmas, around 9:38
when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.
their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air.
they could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.
they were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say.
they remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.
"where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.
"this is heaven." declared a small boy. "we're spending Christmas at God's house."
when what to their wondering eyes did appear,
but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.
He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.
then He opened His arms and He called them by name.
and in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring
those children all flew into the arms of their King
and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,
one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.
and as if He could read all the questions she had
He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad."
then He looked down on earth, the world far below
He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe
then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,
"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"
"may this country be delivered from the hands of fools"
"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"
then He and the children stood up without a sound.
"come now my children, let me show you around."
excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.
all displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.
and i heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,
"in the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #189 on: December 17, 2012, 09:26:16 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #190 on: December 17, 2012, 09:40:13 AM »

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: December 17, 2012, 11:38:39 AM »

Adam Lanza’s babysitter Ryan Kraft stunned by mass murder at Sandy Hook Elementary School

Kraft babysat Lanza a decade ago. He recalls receiving ‘odd’ instructions from Lanza’s mother including ‘never turn my back or even go to the bathroom.’

By David Boroff / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

A man who served as Adam Lanza's babysitter 10 years ago noticed some unusual behavior from the boy, but never dreamed the child would become a mass murderer.

The memories came quickly back for Ryan Kraft when he heard the news that Lanza had gunned down 20 students and six teachers before taking his own life at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut on Friday. Lanza, 20, had started the killing spree that morning by killing his own mother.

"Nothing went through my head," Ryan Kraft told KABC in Los Angeles. "I just got really sick to my stomach and I just couldn't think for a while. I was shaking."

Kraft, who now lives in Hermosa Beach, Calif., was a neighbor of the Lanzas a decade ago. As a teenager he was asked to watch over Adam Lanza when the boy was nine or 10, according to reports.

"His mom, Nancy, had always instructed me to keep an eye on him at all times and never turn my back or even go to the bathroom or anything like that, which I found odd, but I really didn't ask," Kraft told KABC. "It wasn't any of my business, but looking back at it now, I guess maybe there was something else going on."

Lanza was quiet, Kraft said, but occasionally acted up.

"When I had put him to bed early or stopped doing something, he would be really unhappy about it and throw a tantrum in a way that a younger kid I would normally expect to behave," Kraft told KABC.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/adam-lanza-babysitter-stunned-sandy-hook-tragedy-article-1.1221855#ixzz2FKMN7F4M
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: December 17, 2012, 12:35:55 PM »

Things that make you go hmm, and get you upset by the faux concern when things could have been different.

For those of you who believe and have more faith in the politicians than I, Republican, Democrat or Independent, when it comes to their so-called sincerity about protecting children, you might want to read the following. Beware of those in positions of authority claim they are shocked and outraged, when behind the scenes, they may have pulled funding from programs that were meant to prevent such heinous acts like the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting from happening.

Before Connecticut tragedy, administration eliminated emergency preparedness program,let school violence prevention programs lapse
http://www.washingtonguardian.com/washingtons-school-security-failure

Beneath the expressions of grief, sorrow and disbelief over the Connecticut school massacre lies an uneasy truth in Washington: over the last few years the Obama administration and Congress quietly let federal funding for several key school security programs lapse in the name of budget savings.

Government officials told the Washington Guardian on Friday night that two Justice Department programs that had provided more than $200 million to schools for training, security equipment and police resources over the last decade weren't renewed in 2011 and 2012, and that a separate program that provided $800 million to put police officers inside the schools was ended a few years earlier.

Meanwhile, the administration eliminated funding in 2011-12 for a separate Education Department program that gave money to schools to prepare for mass tragedies, the officials said.

“I was baffled to see funds and programs cut in these areas,” said Kenneth Trump, the president of the National School Safety and Security Services firm that helps school districts and policymakers improve protections for teachers and students. “Our political and policy leaders need to walk the walk, not just talk the talk about being concerned about school safety.

"Our hearts are broken today," President Barack Obama said, wiping a tear from his eyes as he reacted to the tragedy. "As a country we have been through this too many times.

"These neighborhoods are our neighborhoods, and these children are our children. And we're going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics," the president added.

But last year, his administration took a less muted tone as it submitted its 2012 Education Department budget to Congress that eliminated the Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) funding, which for years provided between $20 million and $30 million in annual grants to help schools create emergency and crisis preparation and prevention plans for tragedies just like the one that unfolded Friday.

Read the whole article HERE.
http://www.washingtonguardian.com/washingtons-school-security-failure

Ronald Reagan – 40th President of the USA (1981-1989)

"There are those in America today who have come to depend absolutely on government for their security. And when government fails they seek to rectify that failure in the form of granting government more power. So, as government has failed to control crime and violence with the means given it by the Constitution, they seek to give it more power at the expense of the Constitution. But in doing so, in their willingness to give up their arms in the name of safety, they are really giving up their protection from what has always been the chief source of despotism -- government."

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: December 17, 2012, 01:48:15 PM »

Adam Lanza’s babysitter Ryan Kraft stunned by mass murder at Sandy Hook Elementary School

Kraft babysat Lanza a decade ago. He recalls receiving ‘odd’ instructions from Lanza’s mother including ‘never turn my back or even go to the bathroom.’

By David Boroff / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

A man who served as Adam Lanza's babysitter 10 years ago noticed some unusual behavior from the boy, but never dreamed the child would become a mass murderer.

The memories came quickly back for Ryan Kraft when he heard the news that Lanza had gunned down 20 students and six teachers before taking his own life at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut on Friday. Lanza, 20, had started the killing spree that morning by killing his own mother.

"Nothing went through my head," Ryan Kraft told KABC in Los Angeles. "I just got really sick to my stomach and I just couldn't think for a while. I was shaking."

Kraft, who now lives in Hermosa Beach, Calif., was a neighbor of the Lanzas a decade ago. As a teenager he was asked to watch over Adam Lanza when the boy was nine or 10, according to reports.

"His mom, Nancy, had always instructed me to keep an eye on him at all times and never turn my back or even go to the bathroom or anything like that, which I found odd, but I really didn't ask," Kraft told KABC. "It wasn't any of my business, but looking back at it now, I guess maybe there was something else going on."

Lanza was quiet, Kraft said, but occasionally acted up.

"When I had put him to bed early or stopped doing something, he would be really unhappy about it and throw a tantrum in a way that a younger kid I would normally expect to behave," Kraft told KABC.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/adam-lanza-babysitter-stunned-sandy-hook-tragedy-article-
1.1221855#ixzz2FKMN7F4M

See, the problem here is, the way the article is written and the way the babysitter is quoted imo implies something that may or may not be:  "His mom, Nancy, had always instructed me to keep an eye on him at all times and never turn my back or even go to the bathroom or anything like that, which I found odd, but I really didn't ask," Kraft told KABC. "It wasn't any of my business, but looking back at it now, I guess maybe there was something else going on."

When the sitter was told not to go to the bathroom or turn their back on the child, it could be because the child needed a lot of supervision, and not that he was some kind of threat to the sitter, as the article implies imo.   I had a son that I didn't dare take my eyes off either and yes, when he was young I took him in the bathroom with me, to keep him safe.  Hyperactive and/or impulsive children can take a whole lot of supervision, I know this from experience.  Our windows were screwed shut, our doors had keyed deadbolts. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: December 17, 2012, 01:54:51 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/relief-funds-set-parents-children-slain-sandy-hook-massacre-article-1.1221969?localLinksEnabled=false
Relief funds set up for parents of children slain in Sandy Hook massacre
Members of the Newtown community launched the ‘My Sandy Hook Family Fund’ to assist bereaved parents. So far the fund has raised $30k with a goal to reach $2 million.
December 17, 2012

A former Sandy Hook Elementary student set up the Sandy Hook Elementary School Victims Relief Fund to help the families of victims of Friday's massacre.
The parents of children who survived Friday’s deadly shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School have set up a relief fund for the families of the 26 people who died in the massacre.

List of different ways to donate in the article.

Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #195 on: December 17, 2012, 02:14:28 PM »

There is so much garbage being put out right now in regard to the Sandy Hook shootings and it's a shame.  I saw posts on some social media that were said to have been a statement from Morgan Freeman, with people asking others to pass it on.  As it turns out, Morgan Freeman didn't make the statement.  It was a hoax.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/morgan-freeman-denies-making-statement-school-shooting-013627371.html
Morgan Freeman denies making statement about school shooting
December 17, 2012

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - Actor Morgan Freeman said on Sunday that he did not issue a statement blaming the media for sensationalizing the Newtown School shootings that left 20 children and several adults dead.
The award-winning actor added that he never made or posted the statement that became a Facebook and Internet sensation, saying it was a hoax.
His publicist Stan Rosenfield told TheWrap that the actor's camp was trying to determine the origin of the hoax statement.
The hoax statement also takes CNN to task over its use of the phrase "body count" in relation to the Newtown shootings and said the news coverage would incite more killings.

(see article to view entire hoax statement)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: December 17, 2012, 02:26:49 PM »

http://fox4kc.com/2012/12/17/westboro-meets-its-match-thousands-sign-retaliatory-petitions/
Westboro Meets Its Match: Thousands Sign Retaliatory Petitions
December 17, 2012

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Thousands have signed two separate petitions that would classify Topeka’s Westboro Baptist Church as a hate group and strip it of its tax exempt status. The petitions were started after members of Westboro announced plans to protest a Sunday vigil in Newtown, Conn.
After Westboro Baptist Church spokesperson Shirey Phelps-Roper tweeted plans to protest the vigil, “to sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgement,” the hacktivist group known as “Anonymous” threatened the church via video.
In addition to the video, Anonymous hacked Westboro’s website and released personal information about church members including names, street addresses, phone numbers and email addresses according to CNET.
Anonymous didn’t stop there. Using its Twitter account, Anonymous has asked its followers to sign a petition that would investigate the IRS tax-exempt status of the church. As stated on the White House website, the petition claims: The Westboro Baptist Church is better-known for homophobic displays, suing people and picketing funerals than for providing Christian care to a community. Due to their harassment and politicking, their IRS tax-exempt status should be immediately investigated.
A total of 16,062 signatures are needed before the White House will review the petition. As of noon on Monday, nearly 10,000 people had signed it.
Another petition aims at stripping Westboro of its “religious” affiliation and classifying it as a hate group. As stated in part on the White House website, Westboro’s “actions have been directed at many groups, including homosexuals, military, Jewish people and even other Christians. They pose a threat to the welfare and treatment of others and will not improve without some form of imposed regulation.”
Over 108,000 people have signed this petition, which surpasses the 25,000 needed for the White House to review it.

There is a poll in the article, and you can vote yes or no to the question:

Do you think Westboro should be stripped of its religious affiliation and classified as a hate group?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: December 17, 2012, 02:51:07 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/18/nyregion/security-increased-at-connecticut-schools-as-investigation-into-shooting-continues.html?google_editors_picks=true
Security Increased at Connecticut Schools as Investigation Into Shooting Continues
December 17, 2012

(2 pages)
In briefings on Monday, Lt. J. Paul Vance, a spokesman for the Connecticut State Police, said that investigators needed to talk to many witnesses, including two adults who were wounded in the lower extremities during the shooting at the school, and to analyze every round of ammunition and every detail of the weapons. But the authorities have been reluctant to provide details about the types of evidence they have retrieved from the crime scenes. Asked about reports that the authorities were analyzing a computer hard drive taken from the home Mr. Lanza shared with his mother, Lieutenant Vance declined to comment, but he added that computer specialists were available if needed to study such evidence.

Lieutenant Vance again emphasized that it would be a long process to deliver the answers that many longed to hear about the motive, but he said there was “no connection” between Mr. Lanza and the school, apparently countering earlier reports that Mr. Lanza had attended classes there.The authorities have said that Mr. Lanza arrived at the school with a far larger arsenal than he ultimately used. They said most of the shots were fired from a .223 Bushmaster semiautomatic carbine, a military-style assault weapon. Mr. Lanza was also carrying two semiautomatic pistols, a 10-millimeter Glock and a 9-millimeter Sig Sauer. A shotgun was found in the car. Given the extraordinary amount of firepower, Mr. Lanza was apparently prepared to kill many more people and may have been thwarted only when he heard the police arriving, Gov. Dannel P. Malloy of Connecticut said.

The guns were legally acquired and registered by Ms. Lanza, who had sometimes taken her son to shooting ranges, according to law enforcement officials and her friends. Mr. Lanza, who former classmates said had had a developmental disorder, lived with his mother.

Lieutenant Vance said on Sunday investigators recovered “numerous” empty 30-round magazines for the Bushmaster rifle. The .223-caliber bullet is a small, high-velocity round that has been used by Western military forces for decades, in part because it inflicts devastating wounds.

But for now, the plan was for normalcy to return as soon as possible to schools, although students at Sandy Hook will now go to school at another building in a nearby community and it was unclear when, or if, the building that had been the scene of such horror would reopen.
While the police have not yet released a detailed timeline of the shooting, officials said on Sunday that Mr. Lanza on Friday first shot his mother multiple times in her home, then drove to the school armed with four weapons and a large supply of ammunition.
Some of the bullets fired inside the school, according to a law enforcement official on Sunday, “penetrated the glass windows of the classrooms and went into vehicles in the parking lot.”

In addition to multiple high-capacity magazines for the rifle, Lieutenant Vance said the gunman had brought a number of magazines for both pistols.

Collectively, he said, there were hundreds of unfired bullets.

Mr. Malloy said on Sunday that Mr. Lanza had killed himself as police officers entered the school.

“We surmise that it was during the second classroom episode that he heard responders coming and apparently, at that, decided to take his own life,” Mr. Malloy said on ABC’s “This Week.”
Officials did not make any public statements about Mr. Lanza’s motivation. Lieutenant Vance said on Monday that there had been no prior concerns or contacts about Mr. Lanza with law enforcement before the shooting.

A post-mortem examination of Mr. Lanza and his mother has been completed, according to a statement from Connecticut State Police on Sunday. A spokesman for the state medical examiner’s office said late Sunday that nobody had yet come forward to claim their bodies.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #198 on: December 17, 2012, 02:55:26 PM »

When we allow the gov't to dictate what we can own we are in danger of falling off a freedom cliff that we won't be able to climb back up.  If Lanza had used a sword would we be banning all knives beyond a certain length?  If he'd used a metal bar would we ban all metal bars?  Its a slippery slope.

IMO, it boils down to mental health services.  We need a system that supports the ill and their families.  We need to have somewhere that families can go to when they've reached the limit of what they know to do.  We've gutted Mental Health Services to a point of hazard.  Banning guns is a band-aid approach to the real issue. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: December 17, 2012, 02:56:08 PM »

Notice the disclaimer in the article I've bolded and colored blue. 

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/17/15971544-lone-survivor-in-connecticut-classroom-mommy-im-ok-but-all-of-my-friends-are-dead?lite&google_editors_picks=true
Lone survivor in Connecticut classroom: 'Mommy, I'm OK, but all of my friends are dead'
December 17, 2012

Only one child made it out alive of a first-grade classroom at Sandy Hook Elementary School last week — by fooling the gunman into thinking she was  dead, the family's pastor says.

The little girl, who is 6˝ years old but hasn't otherwise been identified, "ran out of the school building covered in blood from head to toe, and the first words she said to her mom when she got outside was, 'Mommy, I'm OK, but all of my friends are dead,'" the Rev. Jim Solomon, pastor of New Hope Community Church in Newtown, Conn., told ABC News in a report that aired Sunday.
"Of those who were left in the classroom of first graders, she was the lone survivor," Solomon said. (Law enforcement officials and witnesses say seven pupils survived in a second classroom by hiding in a closet.)

The girl's parents were understandably relieved and grateful, Solomon said, but her mother told him "she was suffering from what she called 'survivor's guilt,' because so many of their friends no longer have their children, but she has hers."

Solomon couldn't be reached for comment Monday, and NBC News hasn't been able to verify his account.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.