March 28, 2024, 09:24:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandy Hook Elementary School, Newton, CT - Multiple Deaths  (Read 276055 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #220 on: December 18, 2012, 05:10:38 AM »

Since the day I first heard about the shooter having autism, something kept bothering me. I knew he was 20 years old and also knew that 20 is right in the range for males to exhibit the onset of schizophrenia. It seemed to me that I had heard somewhere that there was some link between autism, even in mild form, and an increased possibility of schizophrenia. I asked at work today but everybody was too busy to find anything for me, so I just did an internet search, and there are lots of articles indeed on the topic. Bipolar disorder is also mentioned in some articles as seemingly having an increased occurrence when either condition is present. With all the misinformation that has been reported from media, I couldn't swear to the accuracy of it, but I did hear that the shooter had a personality disorder as well as asperger's. syndrome. Here's an excerpt from one article:

::snipping2::
But Judith Rapoport, chief of the child psychology branch at the National Institute of Mental Health and one of the researchers, sees a similarity. She's spent the past three decades studying how children's brain development is affected by disorders like schizophrenia. The brains of children with early-onset schizophrenia are much larger than normal in the first few years of life, for instance. Children with autism also have an unusual amount of brain growth before age 3. In this new work, she and her colleagues found that two places where variations in genes tended to cluster in people with schizophrenia were also more common in people with autism. "We're very excited about the link to autism," Rapoport says. "You have to see these as risk factors, very intriguing ones."

Rapoport is convinced that there are more genetic links between schizophrenia and autism, and the researchers are now going through their data with a finer comb, looking for more correlations—and, perhaps, stronger clues as to where the brain's path goes so grievously astray. There's no insta-cure here, alas. But having a clearer view of what the genes are up to makes it more likely that genetic diagnoses and treatments could someday be created. It also could help move the debate from arguing over whether there are environmental triggers for autism to finding them and coming up with ways to protect people who are genetically susceptible.

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/on-parenting/2008/03/31/autism-and-schizophrenia-linked

and here:

Definition

Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that makes it difficult to tell the difference between real and unreal experiences, to think logically, to have normal emotional responses, and to behave normally in social situations..................

Childhood-onset schizophrenia begins after age 5 and, in most cases, after normal development. Childhood schizophrenia is rare and can be difficult to tell apart from other developmental disorders of childhood, such as autism.

http://www.healthcentral.com/ency/408/000928.html?ic=506048

I have absolutely nothing to base a belief that the shooter was schizophrenic, it's just that I used to work in a community mental health center where we treated several persons with the diagnosis. One patient was ordered to receive treatment and evaluation there through our Psychiatrist while he awaited possible trial for homicide. He had been diagnosed as a child with mild autism. He killed his caregiver (Mother) at age 21 by crushing her skull with repeated blows by a baseball bat. Most of the staff preferred not to be around when he came for appointments (always scheduled at the end of the day) so I checked him in and took him back each time for them. After he would leave, I often had a chance to speak with the Doc about the case and there seems to be such remarkable similarities. She felt sure he had been misdiagnosed as a child and talked about the similarities and she believed there had been recent signs of worsening characteristics. The ongoing investigation proved her right.

I'm probably just trying to find an answer to something that we may never have an answer for. It's so hard to think of the Sandy Hook children and their families with no answers.   
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #221 on: December 18, 2012, 08:17:54 AM »

Class picture, the girl in the middle is the one that pretended to be dead.I can not imagine losing all my friends at one time.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #222 on: December 18, 2012, 08:27:28 AM »

I did some reading yesterday on the Bushmaster. It's a semi-automatic. It's designed after a military weapon - but it is still technically just a rifle, right? One pull of the trigger - one shot. You can't just pull the trigger once and feed multiple rounds through it.

It looks very intimidating and can hold a lot of rounds - just like all of the handguns held a lot of rounds (30) in extended clips.

Please, correct me if I'm off on this. I am just not understanding why some are honing in on this rifle as the root of all evil.

When every weapon he had on him had roughly the same capabilities.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #223 on: December 18, 2012, 09:54:28 AM »

Gun sales surge after Connecticut massacre

By William La Jeunesse

Published December 18, 2012

The previous assault weapons ban lasted from 1994 through 2004. It defined an assault weapon as any gun that was:

- semi automatic, meaning one round is fired per each pull of the trigger
 - used a detachable magazine

And featured any two of the following attributes:

- a folding or telescopic stock
 - a pistol grip
 - a bayonet mount
 - a flash suppressor
 - a grenade launcher

While the weapons look menacing, many gun advocates say they are no more deadly than some other guns that use a larger and heavier bullet. And since they are semi-automatic, they should not be called or confused with the fully automatic military version. Nor should a gun used by millions be outlawed because of the actions of a mentally ill young man.

Critics however say these high-power weapons, capable of firing multiple rounds quickly, are too dangerous, since their high velocity rounds can pierce most body armor and
 their magazines allow for mass shootings.

Yet, statistics show, unlike handguns or shotguns, rifles account for only a fraction of homicides in the United States. Of 12,664 murder victims last year, only 323 were killed with rifles, according to the FBI.

Both the Paducah, Ky., and Columbine, Colo., mass school killings occurred during the 10-year ban. In Paducah, the killer used a .22 caliber long rifle, 12 gauge pump-action shotgun and a Ruger MK II .22-caliber pistol. 

In Columbine, the shooters used 99 explosive devices, a 12 gauge pump action shotgun.  Hi-Point 995 Carbine 9 mm carbine, a 9 mm Intratec TEC-9 semi-automatic handgun, and a 12-gauge Stevens 311D double-barreled sawed-off shotgun.

In 2007, the Virginia Tech shooter used a Glock and Walther handgun to kill 32 and wounded 17.

More recently, AR-15s were used in the Colorado movie theater shooting, one last week in a Portland, Ore. mall and in the Newton elementary massacre.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/18/gun-sales-surge-after-connecticut-massacre/#ixzz2FPmGIRPx

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #224 on: December 18, 2012, 10:53:08 AM »

I did some reading yesterday on the Bushmaster. It's a semi-automatic. It's designed after a military weapon - but it is still technically just a rifle, right? One pull of the trigger - one shot. You can't just pull the trigger once and feed multiple rounds through it.

It looks very intimidating and can hold a lot of rounds - just like all of the handguns held a lot of rounds (30) in extended clips.

Please, correct me if I'm off on this. I am just not understanding why some are honing in on this rifle as the root of all evil.

From what I've read and been told (since I had the same questions), imo you're right.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #225 on: December 18, 2012, 11:04:24 AM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-man-armed-confronts-mall-shooter-183593571.html

Clackamas mall shooter faced man with concealed weapon

by Mike Benner, KGW Staff
Posted on December 17, 2012 at 5:18 AM
Updated yesterday at 11:52 AM

PORTLAND -- Nick Meli is emotionally drained.  The 22-year-old was at Clackamas Town Center with a friend and her baby when a masked man opened fire.

"I heard three shots and turned and looked at Casey and said, 'are you serious?,'" he said.
More: Gunman, two dead in Clackamas mall shooting

The friend and baby hit the floor.  Meli, who has a concealed carry permit, positioned himself behind a pillar.

"He was working on his rifle," said Meli.  "He kept pulling the charging handle and hitting the side."

The break in gunfire allowed Meli to pull out his own gun, but he never took his eyes off the shooter.

"As I was going down to pull, I saw someone in the back of the Charlotte move, and I knew if I fired and missed, I could hit them," he said.

Meli took cover inside a nearby store.  He never pulled the trigger.  He stands by that decision.

"I'm not beating myself up cause I didn't shoot him," said Meli.  "I know after he saw me, I think the last shot he fired was the one he used on himself."

The gunman was dead, but not before taking two innocent lives with him and taking the innocence of everyone else.

"I don't ever want to see anyone that way ever," said Meli.  "It just bothers me."

from the comments:

Jeremy Gattman · United States Marine Corps
Mr Meli, You are a hero, and let no one tell you differnt. You were the only one that day that dropped what you were doing and moved to the sounds of the gun. You confronted the subject, brought your weapon to bear from a position of cover and possessed the training that was required to understand you abilities while under stress, check your background, determine the shot was not safe. It does not matter if you fired or not. YOU brought the fight to the badguy. YOU ended the fight and saved countless inocent lives. Mr. Meli, your actions embody the worrior spirit and you deserve the endless thanks and praise of this community and a nation for your actions.
Reply · 1,419 · Like · Follow Post · Saturday at 11:41am

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #226 on: December 18, 2012, 11:54:09 AM »

Things that make you go hmm, and get you upset by the faux concern when things could have been different.

For those of you who believe and have more faith in the politicians than I, Republican, Democrat or Independent, when it comes to their so-called sincerity about protecting children, you might want to read the following. Beware of those in positions of authority claim they are shocked and outraged, when behind the scenes, they may have pulled funding from programs that were meant to prevent such heinous acts like the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting from happening.

Before Connecticut tragedy, administration eliminated emergency preparedness program,let school violence prevention programs lapse
http://www.washingtonguardian.com/washingtons-school-security-failure

Beneath the expressions of grief, sorrow and disbelief over the Connecticut school massacre lies an uneasy truth in Washington: over the last few years the Obama administration and Congress quietly let federal funding for several key school security programs lapse in the name of budget savings.

Government officials told the Washington Guardian on Friday night that two Justice Department programs that had provided more than $200 million to schools for training, security equipment and police resources over the last decade weren't renewed in 2011 and 2012, and that a separate program that provided $800 million to put police officers inside the schools was ended a few years earlier.

Meanwhile, the administration eliminated funding in 2011-12 for a separate Education Department program that gave money to schools to prepare for mass tragedies, the officials said.

“I was baffled to see funds and programs cut in these areas,” said Kenneth Trump, the president of the National School Safety and Security Services firm that helps school districts and policymakers improve protections for teachers and students. “Our political and policy leaders need to walk the walk, not just talk the talk about being concerned about school safety.

"Our hearts are broken today," President Barack Obama said, wiping a tear from his eyes as he reacted to the tragedy. "As a country we have been through this too many times.

"These neighborhoods are our neighborhoods, and these children are our children. And we're going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics," the president added.

But last year, his administration took a less muted tone as it submitted its 2012 Education Department budget to Congress that eliminated the Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) funding, which for years provided between $20 million and $30 million in annual grants to help schools create emergency and crisis preparation and prevention plans for tragedies just like the one that unfolded Friday.

Read the whole article HERE.
http://www.washingtonguardian.com/washingtons-school-security-failure

Maybe the current massacre would have been deterred IF Adam had thought for one minute that he could possibly be taken down by an armed guard/principal/teacher prior to accomplishing his mission.

Maybe the current massacre would not have involved so many innocent lives IF an armed guard/principal/teacher had been afforded his/her constitutional right to protect self and their young charges.

The faculty and students at Sandy Hook Elementary were sitting ducks and Adam Lanza ... a troubled young man filled with rage ... was fully aware.

Janet

Stop school shootings by letting teachers fire back, say Texas officials
December 18, 2012

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/18/stop-school-shootings-by-letting-teachers-fire-back-say-texas-officials/

Rep. Gohmert: I wish Sandy Hook principal had had access to rifle
December 16, 2012
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/dec/16/rep-gohmert-i-wish-sandy-hook-principal-had-had-ac/

Ronald Reagan – 40th President of the USA (1981-1989)

"There are those in America today who have come to depend absolutely on government for their security. And when government fails they seek to rectify that failure in the form of granting government more power. So, as government has failed to control crime and violence with the means given it by the Constitution, they seek to give it more power at the expense of the Constitution. But in doing so, in their willingness to give up their arms in the name of safety, they are really giving up their protection from what has always been the chief source of despotism -- government."

"You won't get gun control by disarming law-abiding citizens. There's only one way to get real gun control: Disarm the thugs and the criminals, lock them up and if you don't actually throw away the key, at least lose it for a long time... It's a nasty truth, but those who seek to inflict harm are not fazed by gun controllers. I happen to know this from personal experience."

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #227 on: December 18, 2012, 12:43:37 PM »

From what I've read and been told (since I had the same questions), imo you're right.

I read an article and it had said that the gun he used could shoot 6 bullets per second.

Below is an article that was in the New York Times about the gun:

Rifle Used in Killings, America’s Most Popular, Highlights Regulation Debate

By ERICA GOODE
Published: December 16, 2012

It comes in black, tan and camouflage. A pink version was once raffled by a gun store to raise money for breast cancer research.

Favored by target shooters in competitions and by hunters who stalk small game and sometimes deer, its customizable features — stocks, grips, sights, barrel lengths — are endlessly discussed in online forums. It ranks high among the firearms bought for self-defense.

But the AR-15 style rifle — the most popular rifle in America, according to gun dealers — was also the weapon of choice for Adam Lanza, who the police said used one made by Bushmaster on Friday to kill 20 young children and six adults in an elementary school in Newtown, Conn., in a massacre that has horrified the nation.

The increasing appearance of the rifle in rampage killings — an AR-15 was used by James E. Holmes, who is accused of opening fire and killing 12 people in a movie theater in Colorado in July, police officials say, and by Jacob Roberts, who shot and killed two people and then took his own life in a shopping mall last week near Portland, Ore. — has rekindled the debate about its availability and its appeal to killers bent on mass slaughter.

It has also starkly highlighted the chasm between those who favor tighter regulations for firearms and those who believe that guns like the AR-15 are widely misunderstood and wrongly blamed for the actions of a few individuals.

Gun control advocates contend that semiautomatic weapons like the AR-15, the civilian version of the military’s M-16 and M-4, are a logical choice for anyone whose goal is to kill a lot of people in a short time because of their ability to rapidly fire multiple high-velocity rounds.

“The people we’re talking about, once they get into ‘I want to kill a lot of people,’ it’s not a leap for them to see that these guns are made and designed for war,” said Tom Diaz, a senior policy analyst at the Violence Policy Center. “And if you look at the industry advertising, that is a consistent theme.”

AR-15s are not the only weapons used by rampaging shooters. Semiautomatic handguns are also frequently employed. In Newtown, in addition to the Bushmaster M-4 carbine, two handguns were found at the scene, a 10-millimeter Glock and a 9-millimeter Sig Sauer, although the rifle is what Mr. Lanza used, pumping up to 11 bullets into each victim’s body, according to the medical examiner. All three guns belonged to his mother, officials said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/17/us/lanza-used-a-popular-ar-15-style-rifle-in-newtown.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #228 on: December 18, 2012, 12:58:10 PM »

Well i personally would never have a gun in my home because i have young children, however, i dont see the need for guns other than for protection in your own home or if you are a hunter who enjoys that hobby. As a gun for protection, why would one need anything more than a simple handgun? A gun that can quickly shoot many rounds with such deadly force has no place in the hands of civilians imo. I know nothing about guns so i wont pretend to but why does one person need an arsenal of weapons in their home? Shooting as a hobby? I guess i cant see how that is fun. Why dont we just go ahead & let everyone carry an armed weapon on their person at all times & see how well that turns out. We can just all have a weapon at our immediate disposal & act on instinct if we feel threatened. Isnt that what some of us are complaining george zimmerman did? Or we can have a weapon on us so that every crazy has a means to act quickly in a moment of rage & off the cause of their anger. People are indeed the problem. There is too much evil in this world to fix, but somehow there has to be a way to limit these psychos ability to kill innocent people. My 19 year old son could walk into walmart right now & buy a weapon after a background check. He has no criminal record but how do they know his intentions with that weapon or his mental status? Guns absolutely should be more strictly controlled somehow some way. Is there one good reason why this mother needed 6 firearms in her home?  does anyone?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #229 on: December 18, 2012, 01:54:15 PM »

When we had the Tylenol issue, caps were changed on everything.

When the shoe bomb attempt happened, we have to take shoes off at the airport.

We can't bring any liquids except for tiny amounts on the plane.

Fertilizer is tagged.

I have been to many countries that do not allow guns.  Now there is true freedom. Try it sometime.  It's an interesting experience

Many of these other countries also do not have this thing called the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

I really do hope that all of you realize that the Bill of Rights, the first 10 Amendments, were put in place not to protect us from each other but from the Federal Govt. It hardly gives me a warm fuzzy when the very people that Our Rights from who we are supposed to be protected from, want to take them away and we allow it.

These limitations serve to protect the natural rights of liberty and property. They guarantee a number of personal freedoms, limit the government's power in judicial and other proceedings, and reserve some powers to the states and the public.

An interesting read.

Janet

+++++

The US Should Learn from Israel How to Permit, Not Outlaw Guns
December 18th, 2012

<snipped>

Imagine if Germany or Poland’s Jews had been armed. Would rounding Jews up have been as easy or even possible? The answer is, obviously, no.

<snipped>

http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/opinions/the-us-should-learn-from-israel-how-to-permit-not-outlaw-guns/2012/12/16/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #230 on: December 18, 2012, 02:21:26 PM »

There Are No Words: The Tragedy in Photos
December 14, 2012

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/there-are-no-words-the-tragedy-in-photos/

Sandy Hook First Grade Teacher Victoria Soto Remembered As Hero
December 17, 2012 8:27 PM

<snippped>

Wearing Vicki’s favorite color green, her younger brother Carlos and sisters Carlee and Jillian joined their mother Donna as she described what it was like on Friday morning, waiting on word from her oldest daughter while driving towards the school.

<snipped>

The image of a woman in a white sweater on her cell phone overcome with grief has come to symbolize the horror of that day.

Carlee Soto said the photo of her is a snapshot of the worst moment of her life, when she found out her sister was among the dead.

“It’s like a reminder of that moment all over again and it kills,” Carlee Soto said.

<snipped>

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/12/17/sandy-hook-first-grade-teacher-victoria-soto-remembered-as-hero/

_____

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #231 on: December 18, 2012, 02:51:40 PM »

The second amendment is not for "hunting" rights -- it's for protecting yourself and your home from both foreign and domestic threats (ESPECIALLY a tyrranical government).

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #232 on: December 18, 2012, 03:11:30 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/news/USPS-sets-up-special-PO-Box-for-Newtown-mail-183963441.html
USPS sets up special P.O. box for Newtown mail
December 18, 2012

The Newtown Post Office set up a dedicated post office box for all the letters, care packages and drawings from children.
To send your own condolences, the address is:

P.O. Box 3700
Newtown, CT, 06470

Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #233 on: December 18, 2012, 04:05:01 PM »

Fear of being committed may have caused Connecticut gunman to snap

By Jana Winter

NEWTOWN, Conn. –  The gunman who slaughtered 20 children and six adults at a Connecticut elementary school may have snapped because his mother was planning to commit him to a psychiatric facility, according to a lifelong resident of the area who was familiar with the killer’s family and several of the victims’ families.

Adam Lanza, 20, targeted Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown after killing his mother early Friday because he believed she loved the school “more than she loved him,” said Joshua Flashman, 25, who grew up not far from where the shooting took place. Flashman, a U.S. Marine, is the son of a pastor at an area church where many of the victims' families worship.

“From what I've been told, Adam was aware of her petitioning the court for conservatorship and (her) plans to have him committed," Flashman told FoxNews.com. "Adam was apparently very upset about this. He thought she just wanted to send him away. From what I understand, he was really, really angry. I think this could have been it, what set him off.”

A senior law enforcement official involved in the investigation confirmed that Lanza's anger at his mother over plans for “his future mental health treatment” is being looked at as a possible motive for the deadly shooting.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/18/fear-being-committed-may-have-caused-connecticut-madman-to-snap/#ixzz2FRILO2lP

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #234 on: December 18, 2012, 04:09:33 PM »

http://www.boston.com/news/local/connecticut/2012/12/18/investigators-computer-conn-gunman-home-yields-data/q6GQWil2XSWs1t13OCRgpO/story.html

Investigators: Computer in Conn. gunman’s home yields no data
December 18, 2012

Investigators have not managed to retrieve any data from a computer they took from the house where the gunman in the Newtown, Conn., school shootings lived with his mother because he had all but destroyed the hard drive, a senior law enforcement official said Monday.

‘'It looked like he took steps to damage it — he smashed it,’’ said the official, adding that the FBI had joined the State Police in an unsuccessful effort to recover data that might lead to some understanding of what might have prompted the gunman, Adam Lanza, 20, to go on a rampage.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #235 on: December 18, 2012, 04:35:43 PM »

Fear of being committed may have caused Connecticut gunman to snap

By Jana Winter

NEWTOWN, Conn. –  The gunman who slaughtered 20 children and six adults at a Connecticut elementary school may have snapped because his mother was planning to commit him to a psychiatric facility, according to a lifelong resident of the area who was familiar with the killer’s family and several of the victims’ families.

Adam Lanza, 20, targeted Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown after killing his mother early Friday because he believed she loved the school “more than she loved him,” said Joshua Flashman, 25, who grew up not far from where the shooting took place. Flashman, a U.S. Marine, is the son of a pastor at an area church where many of the victims' families worship.

“From what I've been told, Adam was aware of her petitioning the court for conservatorship and (her) plans to have him committed," Flashman told FoxNews.com. "Adam was apparently very upset about this. He thought she just wanted to send him away. From what I understand, he was really, really angry. I think this could have been it, what set him off.”

A senior law enforcement official involved in the investigation confirmed that Lanza's anger at his mother over plans for “his future mental health treatment” is being looked at as a possible motive for the deadly shooting.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/18/fear-being-committed-may-have-caused-connecticut-madman-to-snap/#ixzz2FRILO2lP

I just heard this and came here to see if anyone else had. It was reported on air as something that official investigators wouldn't confirm at this time, so we'll see if the story changes yet again, but this makes more sense than anything I've heard so far. Thanks, San.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #236 on: December 18, 2012, 04:42:01 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/18/police-find-no-evidence-connecticut-gunman-was-on-medication/

Police find no evidence Connecticut gunman was on medication

While Newtown buried two more young victims Tuesday in the shooting massacre, authorities said they found no evidence the gunman who killed 27 people was being medicated for mental illness.

Investigators searching the Connecticut home gunman Adam Lanza shared with his mother, Nancy Lanza, seized cellphones, computers and computer games, but found nothing at the residence to indicate he was taking medication, Hearst Connecticut Newspapers reported.

Authorities armed with search warrants are still working to obtain the 20-year-old man's medical records, according to the report. Lanza's parents told friends and divorce mediators that their son had Asperger's syndrome, a form of high-functioning autism, but it was unclear if he had ever been formally diagnosed.
Read more...
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #237 on: December 18, 2012, 04:55:37 PM »

http://algonquin.patch.com/articles/report-newtown-gunman-had-aspergers-shot-sleeping-mother-four-times-8da07126

Report: Newtown Gunman Had Asperger's, Shot Sleeping Mother Four Times
2:43 pm
Updated 1:35 p.m., Dec. 18

CNN reported moments ago that the Farmington, CT-based Office of the Chief Medical Examiner says Adam Lanza on Dec. 14 shot his mother four times while she slept, and that she died of a single gunshot wound to the head.

The cable network also reports that the medical examiner has confirmed Lanza had been diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome. According to the National Institutes of Health, Asperger's is a developmental disorder "characterized by a greater or lesser degree of impairment in language and communication skills, as well as repetitive or restrictive patterns of thought and behavior."
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #238 on: December 18, 2012, 04:55:52 PM »

I thought she had no connection to the school. And it makes no mention of whatever happed last Thursday at the school.
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #239 on: December 18, 2012, 04:59:23 PM »

The second amendment is not for "hunting" rights -- it's for protecting yourself and your home from both foreign and domestic threats (ESPECIALLY a tyrranical government).
Well i never mentioned the 2nd amendment at all but again, i dont believe our forefathers  meant that we should put guns into the hands of crazies  also doubt they knew just how sick & twisted this country would become.  try & explain to me somehow why this mother r any other citizen should be allowed an arsenal of weapons. Fact of the matter is, all these people who are so upset about the possibility of losing their 2nd amendment rights dont know how it feels to lose your six year old to a crazy psycho who had easy access to these weapons because of our "rights".  some may be afraid of our government but im much more afraid of the psychos that walk among us every day with their rightfully owned guns.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.