March 29, 2024, 01:05:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandy Hook Elementary School, Newton, CT - Multiple Deaths  (Read 276121 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #340 on: December 25, 2012, 11:34:08 PM »

Earlier there was a reference to Israel and their gun laws.  Here is what the Israelis responded

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Israel-Gun-Control/2012/12/25/id/468967

Also, references to taking God out of schools.

How does one explain all of the pedophile priests, ministers, and pastors?
By understanding that God gives everyone of us a free will.  Those monsters chose to prey on innocents and thumb their noses at God.  Have no doubt, HE will punish them.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #341 on: December 25, 2012, 11:50:02 PM »

Pedophilia (classified as a mental disorder) develops in childhood and many pedophiles are attracted to professions that allow them exposure to children. If the suggestion is that because immorality occurs in church settings, the unabashed teaching of morality and belief in a purposeful God in school, is proven ineffective, then I disagree. If anything, the reinforcement of definition of right and wrong, recognition of how valuable we are as God's children, and closeness encouraged in family relationships, might very well be just what a child needs to internalize to be able to tell someone that an adult, in church or elsewhere, was being inappropriate with them.
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #342 on: December 26, 2012, 12:30:59 AM »

Pedophilia (classified as a mental disorder) develops in childhood and many pedophiles are attracted to professions that allow them exposure to children. If the suggestion is that because immorality occurs in church settings, the unabashed teaching of morality and belief in a purposeful God in school, is proven ineffective, then I disagree. If anything, the reinforcement of definition of right and wrong, recognition of how valuable we are as God's children, and closeness encouraged in family relationships, might very well be just what a child needs to internalize to be able to tell someone that an adult, in church or elsewhere, was being inappropriate with them.
Very well said
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #343 on: December 26, 2012, 12:22:54 PM »

Which God are you going to have?  Jewish, Sikh, Muslim, Native American, etc?

Anyway, above it was referenced that Lanza was on schizophrenic drugs.  The "uncle" who said that is a total imposter.  Not an uncle at all.

And the FB posts where Ryan Lanza says that he is a victim, etc. are a total fraud as well.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #344 on: December 26, 2012, 03:59:17 PM »

The entire "opinion" article by Gayle Trotter is a good read ... common sense.  IMO

Janet

+++++

Mother of six says school kids deserve to be protected by armed, trained guards
By Gayle Trotter
Published December 22, 2012

<snipped>

Already, gun-rights opponents have begun scoffing at the notion of armed guards in our children’s schools. That doesn’t prevent the gun-rights opponent-in-chief from relying on a government-provided security detail to protect his own children.

On any given school day, no fewer than 6 marked Secret Service police cars surround the Sidwell Friends School, where the Obama girls attend. In these cars, good guys are ready to respond with deadly force to any threat of harm to the first daughters.

The Secret Service’s mere presence deters anyone who would attempt violence at the school founded by Quakers, who adhere to pacifism and nonviolent principles. In this haven of Northwest Washington, D.C., the pacifists depend on guns for protection.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/12/22/mother-six-says-school-kids-deserve-to-be-protected-by-armed-trained-guards/

SM FRONT PAGE

Liberal Hypocrisy … NBC’s David Gregory Mocks NRA’s LaPierre for Proposing Armed Guards in Schools, Yet He Sends His Kids to High Security School (Update: Obama’s Daughters Have 11 Armed Guards ar Their School)

Once again we are presented with liberal hypocrisy and the double standard. What is good for them, is not the same that “We the People” are allowed.

<snipped>

David Gregory mocked the NRA’s Wayne LaPierre for proposing that armed guards be at every school in America. But the NBC host seems to have no problem with armed guards protecting his kids everyday where they attend school in Washington, D.C.

<snipped>

Posted December 26, 2012 by Scared Monkeys

Video:
http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/12/26/liberal-hypocrissy-nbcs-david-gregory-mocks-nras-lapierre-for-proposing-armed-guards-in-schools-yet-he-sends-his-kids-to-high-security-school-update-obamas-daughters-have-11-armed-guards/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #345 on: December 26, 2012, 04:52:36 PM »

12/24/12  School Obama's Daughters Attend Has 11 Armed Guards

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/12/23/School-Obama-s-Daughters-Attend-Has-11-Armed-Guards-Not-Counting-Secret-Service
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #346 on: December 26, 2012, 05:13:34 PM »

I see nothing wrong with armed guards. We have police in the high schools where I live and I assume they are armed.  We are not a  high crime area. 

I have never wondered where the money comes from but I do now.

Who is going to pay for all of this?

Some schools are so spread out that it is going to take a few just to cover a huge area.

And they need to eat and go to the bathroom so one will not work.

Then there are all of the field trips and after school activities.  What about that?

I suppose one can arm teachers, but we all know at trained officers make mistakes.  People who to the firing range and get constant training.

And if the teacher is concentrating on getting children out of harm's way and keeping them quiet, is s/he guiding and directing with one arm and shooting with the other?

Maybe where you live people love to spend money on schools.  Where I live, they are not interested. 
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #347 on: December 26, 2012, 06:59:30 PM »

I see nothing wrong with armed guards. We have police in the high schools where I live and I assume they are armed.  We are not a  high crime area. 

I have never wondered where the money comes from but I do now.

Who is going to pay for all of this?

Some schools are so spread out that it is going to take a few just to cover a huge area.

And they need to eat and go to the bathroom so one will not work.

Then there are all of the field trips and after school activities.  What about that?

I suppose one can arm teachers, but we all know at trained officers make mistakes.  People who to the firing range and get constant training.

And if the teacher is concentrating on getting children out of harm's way and keeping them quiet, is s/he guiding and directing with one arm and shooting with the other?

Maybe where you live people love to spend money on schools.  Where I live, they are not interested. 
Alot of people who dont have kids in the schools dont care, youre right. I find that a true testament yo the pathetic world we live in where so many care about nothing but themselves
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #348 on: December 26, 2012, 07:02:15 PM »

People forget that someone paid for their education.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #349 on: December 26, 2012, 07:33:00 PM »

Everyone please step back and take a deep breath.  We're posting in the Sandy Hook Elementary School thread.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #350 on: December 26, 2012, 07:41:51 PM »

http://nation.time.com/2012/12/24/sandy-hook-a-week-after-the-shooting-a-town-struggles-on/
Sandy Hook: After the Shooting, a Stricken Town Struggles On
December 26, 2012

Members of the Rutter family of Sandy Hook, Conn., embrace early Christmas morning as they stand near memorials by the Sandy Hook firehouse in Newtown, Conn.

Read more: http://nation.time.com/2012/12/24/sandy-hook-a-week-after-the-shooting-a-town-struggles-on/#ixzz2GCxD3qzh

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #351 on: December 26, 2012, 07:55:57 PM »

http://www.newstimes.com/local/article/Classes-start-Jan-3-for-Sandy-Hook-kids-4147271.php
Classes start Jan. 3 for Sandy Hook kids
December 26, 2012

NEWTOWN -- Sandy Hook Elementary School students and staff will return to classes after the holiday break at a new location that one school board member described as "filled with love.''

The other six Newtown schools will reopen for instruction on Jan. 2. Sandy Hook faculty will report that day to their new location at Chalk Hill School in Monroe to meet and reorganize, followed by an afternoon open house at which teachers, students and parents can reunite.

Chalk Hill has been made over to replicate Sandy Hook Elementary as it was before the shooting of Dec. 14, when 20 students and six educators at the school were killed, including Principal Dawn Hochsprung.
 ::snipping2::
"In one room I visited (at Chalk Hill School), the children's pens and pencils are on the desks, their coats behind their chairs,'' said board member John Vouros, a retired Newtown teacher. "It's as if time stood still.''

Schools Superintendent Janet Robinson announced last week that based on teachers' requests, she opted for a soft opening at Chalk Hill on the first day after the holiday break, with instruction to resume on Jan. 3.

Robinson agreed that teachers need time alone to reassemble as a staff. They will be lead by former Principal Donna Page on a temporary basis. The teachers also wanted time to greet and assure children and parents that they are safe as school begins anew.

On Wednesday, Robinson said some Sandy Hook families have already walked through Chalk Hill School, and that has provided some "comfort'' that the school will be ready for instruction and be safe. Extra security will be on duty, Robinson said.

kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #352 on: December 26, 2012, 08:20:55 PM »

Everyone please step back and take a deep breath.  We're posting in the Sandy Hook Elementary School thread.   
Sorry muffy. This thread is about those 26 senseless losses of life not politics or religion
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #353 on: December 26, 2012, 08:46:27 PM »

I moved the posts regarding religion to a new forum area, Religion (discussion and debate).  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?board=150.0

Please do not get side tracked in this thread.  If you want to discuss religious views please do so in the newly created forum area.

THANKS!
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #354 on: December 26, 2012, 10:24:27 PM »

I totally disagree with pedophilia being classified as a mental disorder.  That does nothing but give pedos an excuse for their behavior.  It is a conscience choice made to victimize those who can't fight back.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #355 on: December 26, 2012, 10:26:53 PM »

I do hope that at some point LE can give us the information that they have so that we can make a bit more sense out of this horror. 

crazybabyborg
« Reply #356 on: December 26, 2012, 10:38:22 PM »

I totally disagree with pedophilia being classified as a mental disorder.  That does nothing but give pedos an excuse for their behavior.  It is a conscience choice made to victimize those who can't fight back.

I wasn't stating an opinion, just the fact (and I repeat) that it is classified as a mental disorder.

The American Psychiatric Association (APA) has included pedophilia in its Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders since 1968.

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/explaining-pedophilia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #357 on: December 26, 2012, 10:56:55 PM »

As a reminder - Pedophilia, has nothing to do with this case.  Please try and keep on topic.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #358 on: December 26, 2012, 10:57:08 PM »

http://**/milpitas/ci_22263506/snowflakes-sandy-hook
Snowflakes for Sandy Hook
December 26, 2012

A storm of snowflakes is sweeping across the globe in an attempt to convert the new school students and staff of Sandy Hook will be housed in after their holiday break into a winter wonderland.
Members of the Sandy Hook Elementary Parent-Teacher Association and the Connecticut Parent-Teacher-Student Association are requesting homemade snowflakes to bring well wishes and hope to those directly impacted by the second-deadliest school shooting in U.S. history.
Project organizers are asking for the community's help in getting swept up in the project, submitting whatever they make by Jan. 8.
Finley will then be boxing and shipping all collected snowflakes and sending them off together.
"We are trying to do it as a community collective," Waugh said. "ÉFor me it represents the fact that my presence is there, but it's on a very optimistic note."
Help the students of Sandy Hook Elementary School have a winter wonderland at their new site by making and dropping off or sending snowflakes no later than Jan. 8 to:
Milpitas High School
Snowflakes for Sandy Hook
care of Jeff Waugh
1285 Escuela Parkway
Milpitas, Calif. 95035
You can also drop them off inside Nob Hill Foods, 401 Jacklin Road, where there is a box to collect them. For information about more ways to help the grieving Connecticut community, visit ctpta.org.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #359 on: December 26, 2012, 11:21:01 PM »

I wasn't stating an opinion, just the fact (and I repeat) that it is classified as a mental disorder.

The American Psychiatric Association (APA) has included pedophilia in its Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders since 1968.

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/explaining-pedophilia
I understood that you were stating fact not your personal opinion.  I'm sorry if I offended you.  I certainly didn't mean to.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.