April 26, 2024, 12:12:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandy Hook Elementary School, Newton, CT - Multiple Deaths  (Read 277655 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #420 on: January 04, 2013, 04:09:49 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/03/state-worker-reportedly-placed-on-leave-after-letting-husband-view-adam-lanza/?intcmp=obinsite

State worker reportedly placed on leave after letting husband view Adam Lanza's body
Published January 03, 2013
FoxNews.com

An administrative worker at Connecticut’s Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has reportedly been placed on a paid leave after allegedly allowing her husband to view the body of mass killer Adam Lanza two days after the Newtown school massacre.

Sources told The Hartford Courant that Jean Henry, a processing technician at the state’s Farmington facility, and her husband entered the refrigerated room in which bodies are kept pending autopsies on the morning of the day when the post-mortem would later be performed on the 20-year-old gunman.

::snipping2::

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/03/state-worker-reportedly-placed-on-leave-after-letting-husband-view-adam-lanza/?intcmp=obinsite#ixzz2GxNVXZIq

Here we go..........
It wouldn't surprise me to hear that there's a cell phone picture about to emerge for sale to the highest donor.   
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #421 on: January 07, 2013, 03:36:51 PM »

http://articles.courant.com/2013-01-06/news/hc-sandyhook-lanza-earplugs-20130106_1_police-cars-newtown-magazines

Sandy Hook Shooter Adam Lanza Wore Earplugs
January 06, 2013

Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter Adam Lanza armed himself with hundreds of bullets on Dec. 14 before he entered the Newtown school. But he also did one more thing.

He put in a pair of earplugs.

Investigators don't know whether the earplugs are significant to their probe, but they have speculated as to whether Lanza used them because it was a habit from shooting at gun ranges, or to muffle children's screams during his shooting rampage.

It is one more strange detail left behind by the strange, rail-thin 20-year-old.

"It's just weird [that he popped in earplugs] given what he was about to go do," a source said. "It's not like he had to worry about long-term protection of his hearing because he had to know he wasn't coming back out of the building."

As police wrap up at least the crime-scene portion of their investigation into Lanza's murderous spree that left 26 people dead in the school, including 20 first-graders, the earplugs are not the only evidence that shows Lanza might have carried habits either from the shooting range or the virtual world of video games into his real-world massacre.

Lanza changed magazines frequently as he fired his way through the first-grade classrooms of Lauren Rousseau and Victoria Soto, sometimes shooting as few as 15 shots from a 30-round magazine, sources said.

More than a week after the shooting, investigators were still finding bullets under doors and in carpets and walls in the school as they tried to match the casings to the magazines.

Investigators are aware that frequent reloading is common in violent video games because an experienced player knows never to enter a new building or room without a full magazine so as not to risk running out of bullets. This has led them to speculate privately that this might be a reason that he replaced magazines frequently.

Investigators have not said how many shots Lanza fired with the Bushmaster semiautomatic rifle after he entered the school by firing half a dozen rounds through the glass at the school entrance. Sources said that he fired approximately 150 rounds during the shooting spree.

Besides the earplugs, he was wearing all black clothes under a drab olive green utility vest with pockets filled with 30-round magazines for the Bushmaster.

Lanza left a shotgun, capable of firing 20 rounds, in the trunk of the car. All of the guns were registered to his mother, Nancy Lanza, and appear to have been bought legally between 2010 and 2012, sources said.

Police also found bullets outside the school in the parking lot, including some in at least three cars belonging to school personnel, including Rousseau's car. Earlier this month, state police brought the cars used by the first Newtown police officers to arrive at the school back to the scene to try to determine if perhaps Lanza was shooting at them when they arrived. No police cars were hit and no officers have reported that they believed they were fired upon.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #422 on: January 08, 2013, 08:09:16 PM »

DON'T MISS THE DANA PRETZER SHOW TONIGHT AT 9PM ET!

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #423 on: January 09, 2013, 08:53:20 AM »

Since it's on a mainstream news site I'll link one of the nutbag theories ;
1/7/13 FAU prof stirs controversy by disputing Newtown massacre

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-01-07/news/fl-fau-prof-newtown-20130107_1_sandy-hook-school-massacre-fau-prof-lisa-metcalf
crazybabyborg
« Reply #424 on: January 09, 2013, 11:24:57 PM »

Teachers flock to gun courses as gun-violence debate heats up

::snipping2:: ::snipping2::
The vast majority of teachers are not allowed to bring weapons to school, training or no training. It's unclear how many school districts allow teachers to carry weapons, but at least one district in Texas and all the districts in Utah do so. A handful of states, including Ohio, do not expressly prohibit guns on school campuses, in theory leaving it up to local governments and school districts to decide. But it doesn't appear that any district in Ohio does allow guns in schools. State lawmakers in Tennessee and other states are weighing legislation to change this, however, and to open up schools to armed teachers.

One middle school teacher in Central Ohio said she decided to sign up for the gun course because in the Newtown shooting, many of the teachers who followed the school's security procedures exactly were still unable to save their kids. "I love my students; they are everything to me," said Carly, who asked that her real name not be used because her school district does not want employees talking about the issue. "I would do anything to protect them. Putting them in a lockdown drill and hiding them in the closet isn't enough. It's time for something to change."
 ::snipping2:: ::snipping2::

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/teachers-flock-gun-courses-gun-violence-debate-heats-193652302.html
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #425 on: January 11, 2013, 06:14:20 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/dad-charged-making-terroristic-threats-testing-school-safety-160251551.html

.Dad charged with making terroristic threats after testing school’s safety system
By Claudine Zap | The Lookout – 6 hrs ago
A North Texas father’s attempt to test the safety response of his child’s school had an unintended consequence—for the father. After walking into the school saying he was a gunman, the unarmed Ron Miller has been charged with making "terroristic threats" at Celina Elementary School.

According to Celina school district superintendent Donny O'Dell, Miller approached a greeter at the school and told her: “I am a gunman. My target is inside of the building. I'm going in the building. You stop me." Added O’Dell to local news station WFAA: “They recognized, at that point, that he did not have a weapon and they were able to go ahead and tell him to leave."
After Miller left, there was no lockdown and no threat to kids’ safety, according to O’Dell, who also admitted that they did find some problems with their safety response. For one, the greeter had no radio to contact the police
more and vid @link

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
crazybabyborg
« Reply #426 on: January 13, 2013, 01:12:17 AM »

The Sandy Hook shootings have sparked a debate about gun control and the sale of assault weapons. To a lesser degree, there has been a little discussion about the access to mental health in this country. I knew that would not be the focus because it doesn't have the political appeal that guns do. Nothing I have heard would have stopped the killing at Sandy Hook, or helped the students or teachers that horrible day. In that case, the guns used didn't belong to the shooter and nothing I've heard about background checks or tracking would have prevented his Mother from owning guns. Maybe the type of gun, or the clips he used would have been different. I still believe that on that day, the adults, in those all important first few moments, needed to be able to have access to something to protect the children from a murderer intent on slaughter. I also believe that if those measures were in place, and well known, then schools would plummet from the target list. I stumbled upon this video. She is Dr. Susan Gratia and she's paid the price to have an opinion. I'm not sure I agree with her take on assault weapons, but this woman has a perspective we cannot have. She's been through it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6sEYGcXSmpQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/6sEYGcXSmpQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #427 on: January 13, 2013, 06:04:30 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/newtown-weighs-fate-conn-school-26-died-18202821
Newtown Weighs Fate of Conn. School Where 26 Died
January 13, 2013

Newtown residents have turned their attention to the fate of an elementary school where a gunman killed 20 first-graders and six educators last month.

About 200 people attended a public meeting Sunday on what to do with Sandy Hook Elementary School. Opinions were mixed on whether the school should be torn down.
Officials are holding another meeting Friday and hope to make a decision about the school's future by the spring.

Sandy Hook students and staff have relocated to another school in a neighboring town.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #428 on: January 14, 2013, 09:20:24 AM »

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/13/16496402-newtown-police-chief-adds-voice-to-call-for-assault-weapons-ban?lite
1/13/13

Newtown police chief adds voice to call for assault weapons ban

By Michael Isikoff
National Investigative Correspondent, NBC News

NEWTOWN, Conn. – Police Chief Michael Kehoe has a message for the White House: “Ban assault weapons, restrict those magazines that so have so many bullets in them, shore up any loopholes in our criminal background checks,” he said in an exclusive interview with NBC News.

As Vice President Joe Biden prepares to present his gun violence proposals to the White House this week, the residents of Newtown—including first responders and some families of the victims—are speaking out on gun policy for the first time.

Few have a more personal connection to the issue than Kehoe: He was one of the first on the scene at the Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dec. 14 after reports came in of a shooting. He says he’s still haunted by flashbacks of what he witnessed when he entered the school from the rear -- the eerie silence in the hallways, the smell of burnt gunpowder and then the bodies of dead children on the floor of the classrooms.

“I was sickened. I was angry,” he said. “It was something I never could have imagined could have happened in any school in Newtown.”

But as a veteran law enforcement officer, what was most striking to Kehoe was that the gunman, 20-year-old Adam Lanza, had heavier firepower than Kehoe and his officers. The police had Glock pistols with 14-round magazines;  Lanza had a Bushmaster assault-style rifle, two handguns and multiple 30-round magazines that allowed him to squeeze off an estimated 150 shots.

Although it’s still not clear if Lanza ever fired at responding officers —Kehoe thinks he took his own life when he heard the police sirens –  the disproportionate balance in firepower bothers him.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #429 on: January 14, 2013, 04:15:03 PM »

Obama: Some Gun Control Measures ‘I Can Accomplish Through Executive Action’
Jan 14, 2013

President Obama said he’d take “executive action” to deal with guns at his press conference today:

“My understanding is the vice president’s going to provide a range of steps that we can take to reduce gun violence,” said Obama. “Some of them will require legislation, some of them I can accomplish through executive action. …”

<snipped>

Video:
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-some-gun-control-measures-i-can-accomplish-through-executive-action_695381.html

Allen West:
“We are getting away from a government that’s based upon consent of the American people, and we’re starting to live under a rule by edict or executive order.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhpN9nvduoU

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #430 on: January 14, 2013, 04:31:15 PM »

NRA Ranks Swell After Sandy Hook Elementary School/Newtown, CT Massacre

In the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, CT, the NRA’s ranks have increased by in great numbers. As reported at the Politico, the National Rifle Association has gained more than 100,000 new members in the last 18 days. Is it any wonder why the pro-gun rights group is seeing their membership rise dramatically as President Obama through his surrogate, Sheriff Joe, has threatened to bypass the Congress and US Constitution to grab the guns by executive order. ....

Posted January 11, 2013 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/01/11/nra-ranks-swell-after-sandy-hook-elementary-schoolnewtown-ct-massacre/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #431 on: January 15, 2013, 12:37:02 PM »

Connecticut School Renamed in Honor of Victoria Soto, Heroic Sandy Hook Teacher
Published January 15, 2013

A proposal to name a Connecticut elementary school after heroic Sandy Hook teacher Victoria Soto received unanimous approval Monday night.

Officials in Stratford, Conn., a city near Newtown, approved the mayor’s proposal to name a new building at HoneySpot Elementary School after the 27-year-old teacher who died trying to shield her students during a bloody rampage at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

<snipped>

The resolution described Soto as someone who “exemplified the very best qualities of an elementary school educator and whose passion for teaching was evident in every moment of her professional life.”

“Victoria Soto’s courage, dedication and self-sacrifice demonstrate a strength of character and extraordinary commitment to her students of the absolute highest magnitude,” the resolution said.

<snipped>

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2013/01/15/connecticut-school-renamed-in-honor-victoria-soto-heroic-sandy-hook-teacher/
Edit to add link to article. MB
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:45:21 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #432 on: January 15, 2013, 01:42:27 PM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/sandy-hook-choir-and-ingrid-michaelson-go-over-the-rainbow-20130115

Sandy Hook Choir and Ingrid Michaelson Go 'Over the Rainbow'
Students and singer-songwriter pay tribute to Newtown victims

January 15, 2013 11:50 AM

Students from the Sandy Hook Elementary School choir recently teamed with singer-songwriter Ingrid Michaelson on a version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" in tribute to their friends and neighbors killed in a shooting spree December 14th in Newtown, Connecticut.

<snipped>

"Having the children come today with their parents, all of them having the idea that this was their gift to the other families of Sandy Hook, it was very enriching for us," Weymouth says in the clip. The track is now available to download, with proceeds going to the Newtown Youth Academy and United Way of Western Connecticut. Michaelson and the choir performed the song today on Good Morning America.

<snipped>

Above also has video of the children singing.

(Thanks for the link for the above post, Muffy.)

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #433 on: January 15, 2013, 08:31:17 PM »

i know with 6bill+ people,there has to be X amount of kooks,but the
conspiracy crap,is unbelievable,what a dishonor to the victims,and survivors

Man who helped Sandy Hook kids is harassed by conspiracy theorists
By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo! News | The Lookout – 9 hrs ago.
A man who found six children in his driveway in Newtown, Conn., after their teacher had been shot and killed in last month's school massacre has become the target of conspiracy theorists who believe the shootings were staged.
“I don’t know what to do,” Gene Rosen told Salon.com. “I’m getting hang-up calls, I’m getting some calls, I’m getting emails with, not direct threats, but accusations that I’m lying, that I’m a crisis actor, ‘How much am I being paid?'”
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/gene-rosen-sandy-hook-conspiracy-155033813.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #434 on: January 16, 2013, 02:19:27 AM »

http://www.housatonictimes.com/articles/2013/01/14/news/doc50f4262341498001960511.txt

Exam of Newtown Gunman Adam Lanza's Brain Shows Nothing; Tox Test, Genetic Analysis Next
Published: Monday, January 14, 2013

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut's chief medical examiner says he doubts toxicological tests and genetic analysis of the body of the gunman who fatally shot 20 children and six educators at an elementary school will explain his actions.

The Hearst Connecticut Media Group reported Friday that Dr. H. Wayne Carver II, who autopsied the body of the gunman Adam Lanza, said an examination of Lanza's brain showed nothing unusual.

"It's a fishing expedition," he said. "I don't think we'll find answers. But that doesn't mean you don't look."

Carver said Lanza's brain showed no tumor or gross deformity, though he didn't expect to find a gross deformity.
The toxicology exam, which could take several weeks, involves testing body fluids for psychiatric medications or illegal substances. Carver said the result could provide "potentially valuable information" in creating a full picture of Lanza.

Lanza fatally shot himself after the Dec. 14 shooting spree.

Lanza's body was claimed by his father on Dec. 27 and the public may never know what happened with the remains.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #435 on: January 16, 2013, 02:22:52 AM »

http://articles.courant.com/2013-01-14/news/hc-nancy-lanza-probate-filing-20130114_1_nancy-s-lanza-s-adam-lanza-death-certificate

Nancy Lanza's Probate Records Filed
January 14, 2013

BETHEL - — Probate records have been filed for Nancy Lanza, the mother of Sandy Hook school shooter Adam Lanza.

The estate's value is not reflected in the records. No will is recorded.

Ryan Lanza, Nancy Lanza's surviving son, petitioned the court to have Stamford attorney Samuel Starks appointed as temporary administrator to track assets and determine if Nancy Lanza had a will.

As part of the estate, Nancy's Lanza's death certificate was filed. It indicates she was pronounced dead on Dec. 14 as the result of multiple gunshot wounds. She was cremated Dec. 19 in Haverhill, Mass., the records indicate.

There are no probate records filed for Adam Lanza.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #436 on: January 18, 2013, 02:03:07 AM »

http://www.newstimes.com/newtownshooting/article/Families-briefed-on-Sandy-Hook-shootings-probe-4203822.php

Families briefed on Sandy Hook shootings probe
Updated 9:40 pm, Thursday, January 17, 2013

NEWTOWN -- State Police updated the families of the Sandy Hook shooting on the status of its investigation this week, but one parent expressed dismay afterward that authorities have declined to share information about what they know about the mental state of gunman Adam Lanza.

In the meantime, investigators have found it difficult to track down people who knew Lanza and could have insight into what provoked his murderous rampage, one law enforcement source said. The 20-year-old has been depicted as painfully shy and socially awkward by classmates and others who said they knew him.

"This individual was extremely isolated," said the official, who asked not to be identified because of the sensitive nature of the investigation.

The briefing at Edmond Town Hall on Tuesday night lasted for about three hours. State Police and command staff were there, as well as mental health professionals. Some of the update focused on what authorities now believe happened at Sandy Hook Elementary School the morning of Dec. 14.
Read more...
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #437 on: January 19, 2013, 01:47:53 AM »

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Newtown-killer-s-family-to-get-his-personal-4206979.php#photo-3898645

Newtown killer's family to get his personal property 
Updated 9:14 pm, Friday, January 18, 2013

The father and brother of mass-killer Adam Lanza were given permission to remove the deranged shooter's possessions Friday from the family's Newtown home.

The lawyer charged with finding Nancy Lanza's will and safeguarding her property is allowing her ex-husband, Peter Lanza, and remaining son, Ryan, to go into the house on Yogananda Street.
Read more...
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #438 on: January 19, 2013, 07:30:17 PM »

'Guns Across America' rallies against stricter gun control draw hundreds
Jan 19, 2013 @ 05:22 PM

<snipped>

Police in Connecticut said about 1,000 people showed up on the capitol grounds in Hartford, about 50 miles from the site of last month's mass shooting at Newtown's Sandy Hook Elementary School.

<snipped>

http://www.pjstar.com/free/x1926911575/Guns-Across-America-rallies-against-stricter-gun-control-draw-hundreds

_____

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #439 on: January 21, 2013, 07:03:54 PM »

1/18/13 Your comprehensive answer to every Sandy Hook conspiracy theory

Every conspiratorial allegation about the tragic Newtown shootings, answered

"What about the man in the woods? Central to proving any conspiracy theory is finding co-conspirators, which in this case means multiple shooters. Theorists have seized on helicopter footage of a man getting chased by police through the woods behind the school as evidence there was more than one shooter. Who is this man?

Answer:  It was Chris Manfredonia, the father of a 6-year-old who attends the school. He was on his way to the school to make gingerbread houses with first-graders when he heard gunfire and smelled sulfur, so he ran."

"But there was another man in the woods (maybe): Eyewitnesses saw a second man in the woods wearing camouflage pants and a dark jacket, and said that he may have been armed. Must be a second shooter.

Answer: Actually, he was, according to the Newtown Bee, “an off-duty tactical squad police officer from another town” who heard the gunfire"

"What about that Gene Rosen guy? Theorists have fixated on Rosen’s account of that day and harassed him for it. Rosen sheltered six children during the shooting, but theorists have alternately claimed that Rosen’s accounts are suspiciously too consistent in various interviews he gave, or suspiciously inconsistent. Other people claim Rosen was an actor, because they claim he is a member of the Screen Actors Guild. And what happened to the bus driver? Why did Rosen sit with the kids for hours? Why didn’t he take them to the firehouse down the street where authorities were staging?

Answer: Rosen did invite the bus driver inside and she helped him contact their parents. An early AP report erroneously reported that he sat with the kids for hours, but he told us that the children were only inside his house for about 35 minutes. He did call their parents. Four parents came right away and Rosen took the remaining two to the fire station. Rosen is not a member of SAG (that’s a different Gene Rosen, who is seven years younger)."

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/18/your_comprehensive_answer_to_every_sandy_hook_conspiracy_theory/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.