March 28, 2024, 03:53:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandy Hook Elementary School, Newton, CT - Multiple Deaths  (Read 276076 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #440 on: January 22, 2013, 06:55:54 AM »

Exclusive: Probe of Newtown shooter Adam Lanza focusing  on murderer’s ‘psychotic break’ and unlocked guns

Nancy Lanza had brought her son to a psychiatrist and pushed him to get out of the house as he became increasingly antisocial, according to a friend of Ms. Lanza. The mother also kept guns in her house routinely unlocked.

By Matthew Lysiak In Newtown, Conn. / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 4:21 PM
Updated: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 2:28 AM

The high-powered weapons that Adam Lanza used in his murderous rampage weren’t routinely locked up in his home even though his mother knew he had serious psychological problems, a close family friend told the Daily News.

Investigators are focusing on whether Lanza had a “psychotic break” before he murdered his mother, then shot to death 26 children and staffers at Sandy Hook Elementary School last month, the friend said.

Nancy Lanza had brought her son to a psychiatrist and pushed him to get out of the house as he became increasingly antisocial, according to the friend.

“He would act like a child. He would scream and shout when she brought up getting out of the house (instead of) spending hours and hours playing video games,” the friend said.

Despite the warning signs, in the months before the massacre, Nancy Lanza didn’t secure her arsenal, which included the Bushmaster XM-15 used by her son in the slaughter, along with a 10-mm. Glock handgun, a 9-mm SIG Sauer handgun and four rifles.

“They weren’t under lock and key,” said the friend, who last saw the guns months before the Dec. 14 rampage. “She kept her stuff (the guns) all together in a closet.”

::snipping2::

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/lanza-psychic-break-article-1.1243602#ixzz2IhiXWsHX
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #441 on: January 25, 2013, 12:56:28 AM »

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Criminal-charges-weighed-in-Newtown-deaths-4220461.php

Criminal charges weighed in Newtown deaths
Updated 11:26 pm, Thursday, January 24, 2013

HARTFORD -- The prosecutor investigating the Newtown school massacre told a new panel Thursday not to expect a final report on the Dec.14 slaughter anytime soon.

Danbury State's Attorney Stephen J. Sedensky III announced that while no criminal prosecution seems likely to emerge from the mass murder and suicide, he wants to suppress much of the evidence from the public, anyway.

"This is an ongoing criminal investigation, for which I have obtained extensions of time from the Superior Court to keep documents sealed, so that the investigation may continue unencumbered by distractions," Sedensky said.

"The rules of professional responsibility for prosecutors require that I take steps to prevent publicity that would have a substantial likelihood of materially prejudicing a potential prosecution," he said.
Read more...
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #442 on: January 28, 2013, 11:39:58 PM »

Father of Sandy Hook victim speaks out on gun violence
Jan 28, 2013

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2124999428001/father-of-sandy-hook-victim-speaks-out-on-gun-violence/?playlist_id=921261890001

Ronald Reagan:
“There are those in America today who have come to depend absolutely on government for their security. And when government fails they seek to rectify that failure in the form of granting government more power. So, as government has failed to control crime and violence with the means given it by the Constitution, they seek to give it more power at the expense of the Constitution. But in doing so, in their willingness to give up their arms in the name of safety, they are really giving up their protection from what has always been the chief source of despotism — government.”

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #443 on: January 28, 2013, 11:45:23 PM »

Guns Across America’ rallies against stricter gun control draw hundreds
Jan 19, 2013 @ 05:22 PM

Police in Connecticut said about 1,000 people showed up on the capitol grounds in Hartford, about 50 miles from the site of last month’s mass shooting at Newtown’s Sandy Hook Elementary School.

http://www.pjstar.com/free/x1926911575/Guns-Across-America-rallies-against-stricter-gun-control-draw-hundreds

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #444 on: January 29, 2013, 08:13:00 PM »

http://www.countytimes.com/articles/2013/01/29/news/doc51082929579ef163985517.txt

Prosecutor Reviewing If, When Details of Adam Lanza's Mental State Can Be Revealed
Published: Tuesday, January 29, 2013

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut lawmakers are reviewing mental health care following the Newtown school shooting, even though they and the public have little insight into what might have been ailing the 20-year-old gunman.

A prosecutor says he cannot release any information about Adam Lanza's mental health because of state conduct rules for attorneys.

His office is reviewing whether details of Lanza's mental state can be released to the public after the police report is completed, possibly in June.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #445 on: February 01, 2013, 01:38:33 PM »

If only there had been an armed guard at Sandy Hook Elementary on that fateful morning.  If only the school was not a "gun free zone" which implied there were no designated armed faculty.  One shot could have taken down Adam Lanzo.  Instead six faculty and 20 children were sitting ducks for the evil that snuffed out their lives.

Janet

February 1, 2013
Armed guard disarms shooter at Georgia middle school

An armed guard at a Georgia middle school disarmed a student who had opened fire, wounding one person. ....

The armed resource officer who took the gun away was off-duty and at the school, but police didn't release details on him or whether he is regularly at Price. Since 20 children and six adults were shot to death at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut in December, calls for armed officers in every school have resonated across the country.

<snipped>

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/02/armed_guard_disarms_shooter_at_georgia_middle_school.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #446 on: February 04, 2013, 04:52:50 PM »

Sandy Hook Student's Father: You'll Have To Take My Gun From My Cold Dead Hands!
Published on Feb 3, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHbr0TRgcdY

_____

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #447 on: February 05, 2013, 12:47:38 PM »

Watch Sandy Hook choir, Jennifer Hudson start Super Bowl off right
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-sandy-hook-choir-super-bowl-20130204,0,7116955.story
February 4, 2013

That's how you start a Super Bowl.

Twenty-six students from Sandy Hook Elementary School got the Super Bowl off to an emotional start as they joined Jennifer Hudson in singing "America the Beautiful" before the game on Sunday.

The students, members of the school that was the scene of a mass shooting in December, gave a great performance, which you can watch above.

"We have come to New Orleans to represent the Sandy Hook Family and the community of Newtown, Connecticut," the students said in a statement. "Our wish is to demonstrate to America and the world that, 'We are Sandy Hook and We Choose Love.'"
<snipped>

Video at link.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #448 on: February 18, 2013, 09:56:35 PM »

Sources: Newtown killer wanted to top Norwegian's toll
Michael Winter, USA TODAY9:27p.m. EST February 18, 2013
Adam Lanza was allegedly obsessed with Anders Breivik, who killed 77 in July 2011, CBS News reported.
Adam Lanza wanted to outdo the Norwegian mass murderer who killed 77 people in July 2011 so he picked Sandy Hook Elementary School because it was the "easiest target," CBS News reported Monday night, citing law enforcement sources.

Two officials briefed on the investigation said Lanza was likely acting out a video game fantasy and saw himself as a competitor to Andres Breivik, the right-wing fanatic who killed eight people in an Oslo bombing before slaughtering 69 young people on an island camp.
Police have not officially released a motive for Lanza.

Responding to the report, the Connecticut State Police said that the investigation continues and that any statements about Lanza's intentions were just speculation.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/02/18/adam-lanza-anders-breivik-norway-mass-killer/1929209/

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
crazybabyborg
« Reply #449 on: February 19, 2013, 11:31:21 AM »

New photos, details emerge of Newtown mass shooter Adam Lanza

"In the months before the attack, Nancy took frequent trips and left Adam at home unsupervised--including on one trip this past Thanksgiving--in an attempt to make him more independent.

Her friends say Nancy is the forgotten 27th victim that day.

"She's been described as some sort of gun nut or survivalist and this other misconception that she was a bad mother," her friend John Bergquist told Frontline. But he said her life "revolved around caring for Adam."

Adam was diagnosed at a young age with sensory integration disorder, a medically controversial diagnosis that meant Adam had trouble coping with bright lights, loud noises, and knowing when he was in pain. Later, when he was in middle school, Adam was also diagnosed with Asperger's, a condition related to autism that can make social interaction challenging. (Medical experts cautioned that autism disorders are not associated with violent behavior.)

A friend of Nancy’s remembered that when Adam was just six years old, he did not like to be touched. If children his age touched them, he recoiled or became upset. "He was angry with them," Marvin LaFontaine, Nancy's friend, told Frontline. Richard Novia, who co-founded the tech club Adam joined while he attended Newtown High School, told Frontline Adam would have "episodes" as a teen where he would completely withdraw from the world, sometimes sitting in a corner, motionless.

Nancy raised Adam and his older brother in their Newtown home on her own after she and her husband separated in 2001. In 2009, the couple officially divorced, and Adam abruptly cut off contact with his father in 2010 for reasons that are unclear.

Nancy's friends said she was planning on moving to either Washington or North Carolina to enroll Adam in college again, so that he could get a degree in history."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/photos-details-emerge-newtown-mass-shooter-adam-lanza-124951161.html
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #450 on: March 18, 2013, 06:54:34 AM »

Lupica: Morbid find suggests murder-obsessed gunman Adam Lanza plotted Newtown, Conn.'s Sandy Hook massacre for years

Law enforcement reportedly discovers a sickeningly thorough 7-foot-long, 4-foot-wide spreadsheet with names, body counts and weapons from previous mass murders and even attempted killings. 'It sounded like a doctoral thesis, that was the quality of the research,' an anonymous law enforcement veteran said.

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Sunday, March 17, 2013, 8:11 PM
Updated: Monday, March 18, 2013, 4:56 AM

It is three months since the killings in Newtown, since 20 children and six adults were gunned down at Sandy Hook Elementary School less than two weeks before Christmas. And as bad as the story was, and will always be, it is even worse than we originally knew because now we discover that this was slaughter by spreadsheet.

It has been reported previously that law enforcement found research about previous mass murderers at the Newtown, Conn., home the shooter, video gamer Adam Lanza, shared with his mother, the first victim of Dec. 14.

It was more than that, and worse than that.

What investigators found was a chilling spreadsheet 7 feet long and 4 feet wide that required a special printer, a document that contained Lanza’s obsessive, extensive research — in nine-point font — about mass murders of the past, and even attempted murders.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/lupica-lanza-plotted-massacre-years-article-1.1291408#ixzz2Nt3f7vMd

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #451 on: March 28, 2013, 01:00:59 PM »

Adam Lanza search warrants released
By Jason Sickles and Dylan Stableford | The Lookout – 3 hrs ago.

[Updated at 12:30 p.m. ET]

NEWTOWN, Conn.—Police investigating the school massacre here seized a small arsenal of firearms, knives and swords along with medical records and computer equipment from the 20-year-old gunman's home in the days after the shootings, court documents released on Thursday reveal
The documents—50 pages of affidavits and evidence logs that include a list of items seized from the car and Newtown home Lanza shared with his mother, Nancy—paint a chilling picture of a killer who had been stockpiling weapons in the weeks and months leading up to the Dec. 14 massacre.

docs at bottom of link and more info at link
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/adam-lanza-newtown-search-warrants-released-131056789.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #452 on: March 28, 2013, 08:04:27 PM »

So reading a book about autistic savant? I wonder what gift he possessed? A friend of mine has the calendar memory kind...

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: April 11, 2013, 09:59:42 AM »

http://www.wfsb.com/story/21937184/documents-detail-why-gun-shop-lost-license
Documents detail why gun shop lost license
April 10, 2013

EAST WINDSOR, CT (WFSB) -
Eyewitness News has learned more about a Connecticut gun shop that sold two of the weapons found at the scene of the Newtown school shooting.

The attorney for Riverview Gun Sales told I-Team Reporter Len Besthoff that in March of 2010, the shop sold Nancy Lanza the AR-15 assault rifle her son used at Sandy Hook Elementary School

In March of 2011, store officials sold her a Sig Sauer handgun, which also found at the school where 20 children and six adults were shot and killed on Dec. 14.

Those sales, however are not what caused the East Windsor store to lose its federal firearms license.

The reasons Riverview Gun Sales lost its federal firearms license were laid out in a 12-page document by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

The ATF says losing the license is pretty rare and last year, it revoked only about 1 percent of them.

During the one in 2011, "the licensee committed over 500 violations," ATF documents stated.

The ATF inspection in 2011 revealed that Riverview employees:

Allowed a man who said he was a felon to buy ammo and handle firearms.
Let someone buy a firearm and didn't do background check until the next day.
Sold firearms to two people without checking if they were prohibited from buying.
The ATF though did find fault with Riverview Gun Sales Owner David Laguercia, who is the federal firearms license holder.

According to ATF documents, "between September 2004 and January 2010, the licensee received 11 separate instances of instruction from the ATF regarding how to comply with federal firearms laws and regulations."

"The large number of repeat violations demonstrates that, the licensee and his employees purposefully disregarded and/or were plainly indifferent to their Gun Control Act obligations," according to ATF documents.

This is not the only recent issue at Riverview Gun Sales. Police arrested Jordan Marsh, 26, of South Windsor after he was caught stealing a 50-caliber long gun there on Dec. 15.

Later in the day, police seized an AR-15 with a scope that was found in a duffel bag at the Hartford Hilton where Marsh was staying. Police said that gun was stolen from Riverview Gun Sales.
The East Windsor Police Department said Riverview Gun Sales had no idea the AR-15 Marsh stole was missing. Management at the store also didn't know about another 11 guns that Marsh had stolen last year until they were notified by detectives.

Video at Link
12 pg document by ATF on Riverview Gun Sales: http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/wfsb/Riverview%20Gun%20Sales.pdf
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 10:01:22 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #454 on: May 06, 2013, 06:49:49 PM »

http://interactives.kxan.com/photomojo/gallery/7259/1/
Sandy Hook, Conn., five months later
The village of Sandy Hook is still coping with the massacre at its elementary school.

(11 images)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #455 on: May 11, 2013, 11:19:52 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/12/us-usa-shooting-newtown-idUSBRE94B00K20130512
Relief in Newtown over plan to replace school at site of massacre
May 11, 2013

(Reuters) - The day after a task force unanimously recommended razing and rebuilding Sandy Hook Elementary School, residents expressed relief tinged with sadness on Saturday in the small New England town that became a focal point of the national debate on gun control.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #456 on: June 14, 2013, 12:32:12 PM »

http://photos.nj.com/star-ledger/2013/06/newtown_school_shooting_-_six-_70.html
Newtown School Shooting - Six-Month Anniversary
June 14, 2013

Photo Gallery

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #457 on: August 20, 2013, 09:23:36 AM »

http://www.newstimes.com/local/article/Fence-to-close-Sandy-Hook-school-entrance-4744901.php
Fence to close Sandy Hook school entrance
Nanci G. Hutson
August 19, 2013

NEWTOWN -- A black iron fence is expected to soon replace the concrete barriers and orange traffic cones erected to block the Dickinson Drive entrance to the now-vacant Sandy Hook Elementary School.

The school has been closed since Dec. 14, when a gunman blasted his way inside and killed 20 students and six educators. In the plans to demolish the 56-year-old building and replace it with a new facility on the same property, the current driveway to the school will no longer be used for anything but emergency access.

Part of the $50 million grant the state has offered the town to construct a new school is designated for the purchase two pieces of land for a new entrance.

Town leaders and the community have been updated regularly on the Sandy Hook school project. Planning and some design work is underway, and a townwide referendum on acceptance of the $50 million grant is slated for Oct. 5.
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #458 on: October 06, 2013, 09:47:39 AM »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/10/06/newtown-sandy-hook-school/2931199/
Newtown voters accept $50M for new Sandy Hook school
October 6, 2013

NEWTOWN, Conn. (AP) — Newtown voters have accepted a $50 million grant from the state of Connecticut to build a new Sandy Hook Elementary School, the site of last year's school massacre.

The unofficial results Saturday were 4,504 for the grant offer and 558 against. The vote was essentially a formality since a task force of Newtown officials decided in May in favor of a plan to tear down the school and build a new one. Sandy Hook students have been attending classes at a school in neighboring Monroe.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #459 on: October 16, 2013, 10:29:38 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/15/newtown-school-demolition-sandy-hook_n_4100064.html
Newtown School Demolition: Public Barred From Sandy Hook Elementary As It's Torn Down
October 15, 2013

NEWTOWN, Conn. -- NEWTOWN, Conn. (AP) — Contractors demolishing Sandy Hook Elementary School are being required to sign confidentiality agreements forbidding public discussion of the site, photographs or disclosure of any information about the building where 26 people were fatally shot last December.

Selectman Will Rodgers said officials want to protect the Newtown school where the 20 children and six educators were killed, The News-Times reported (http://bit.ly/1amzP8L ).

"It's a very sensitive topic," he said Monday. "We want it to be handled in a respectful way."

Project manager Consigli Construction has barricaded the property and intends to screen the perimeter to prevent onlookers from taking photographs. Full-time security guards will ensure the site is not disturbed.

Families of the victims and school staff visited the site, but public access is barred.

The precautions exceed those at other construction sites, town officials said.

Jim Juliano, a member of the Public Building and Site Commission, said he initially considered whether the heightened precautions might be excessive. But he believes extra vigilance is needed to shield Sandy Hook families and the community from exploitation.

Rodgers said the goal is to ensure the project is managed properly without interference from onlookers or the infliction of more pain on the community.

Demolition is set to begin next week and be finished before the Dec. 14 anniversary of the shootings. A new school is expected to open by December 2016. Town voters last month accepted a state grant of $49.3 million to demolish the school and build a new one.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.