March 28, 2024, 07:43:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zachary Wells 21, and Prescott Wright 23, Missing Without a Trace 12/20/12 Maine-deceased  (Read 13865 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2012, 04:42:48 PM »

Zachary Wells house
overhead
http://goo.gl/maps/zWfZ2

trott island
http://goo.gl/maps/Dg99x

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2012, 11:49:13 PM »

At this point I really hope LE is re-interviewing those party attendees.  If these guys were planning a boating trip, surely they discussed it during the party.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2012, 07:16:44 PM »

http://gantdaily.com/2012/12/27/search-for-missing-maine-students-suspended/

Search for missing Maine students suspended
December 27, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Kennebunkport, ME, United States (4E) – The search for two missing male students in Kennebunkport, Maine has been suspended Wednesday after divers assisted by sonar equipment failed to find any leads about them.

Kennebunkport Police Chief Craig Sanford said in a statement Wednesday evening that the Maine Marine Patrol together with its dive team, had completed search operations for 21-year-old Zachary Wells from Burlington, Vermont, and 23-year-old Prescott Wright from Barnstable, Massachusetts.

Sanford added that although sonar equipment located some areas that required closer inspection, divers found nothing after checking the areas.

The search Wednesday remained along the coast of Cape Porpoise where clothing was discovered a nearby island the day before.

The water search will be suspended until new information comes along, although the Marine Patrol will continue with routine patrol missions in the area involving the case as needed, revealed Sanford.
 ::snipping2::

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2012, 08:05:39 PM »

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121230/NEWS/212300332

Missing Barnstable man believed dead
December 30, 2012

Family and friends of a 23-year-old Barnstable man who disappeared 10 days ago in Maine appear convinced that he is dead.

In an obituary in today's Times, Prescott Wright's family describes him as "a lover of people" and a "builder of boats" who lived for the water.

Wright and Zachary Wells, 21, of Burlington, Vt., disappeared early in the morning on Dec. 20 from a gathering at Wells' home in the coastal Kennebunkport village of Cape Porpoise.
Both men attended The Landing School in nearby Arundel, Maine.

After they didn't show up for classes, the search for the men focused on waters around Goat Island, little more than a mile from Wells' home.

On Christmas Eve, Maine Marine Patrol found two life jackets, two pairs of jeans, a jacket, a sweatshirt and footwear on the island.

After the discovery, police, marine patrol and the state's dive team searched the water around the island using a plane and side-scan sonar, according to police.

Divers checked out "suspicious" areas but found nothing, police said.

The search was suspended on Thursday after nothing was found in the water.

A police spokeswoman said on Saturday that there was no new information related to the search.

There was no new information about the investigation as of Friday, Kennebunkport Police Chief Craig Sanford said in a message left for the Times.

"Nothing was found during the sonar searches," he said. "We have not recovered anyone or had any indications of such."
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2012, 08:12:26 PM »

Obituary for Prescott Wright, December 30, 2012

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121230/OBITS02/212300327

Prescott MacLeod Wright, 23

Prescott Wright was a lover of people, he knew everyone;

a sailor and waterman, a builder of boats,

he lived for the

water.

He was the dedicated son of Whitney and Joan Wright. He grew up in Barnstable and attended Barnstable Schools. He loved to travel, enjoyed skiing, and spending time with his dog Scupper.

He is survived by his grandmother, Anne W. Wright, and several aunts, uncles and cousins.

A celebration of Prescott's life will be held on Saturday, January 5th, at 1 p.m. at the Unitarian Church of Barnstable.

Memorial donations may be made to The Landing School at 286 River Road, Arundel, Maine, 04046
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2013, 08:20:09 PM »

Is it just me or is it odd that Prescott Wright's family is having a memorial service already? 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2013, 08:56:36 PM »

Is it just me or is it odd that Prescott Wright's family is having a memorial service already? 
It isn't just you.  Very odd indeed.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2013, 06:35:48 PM »

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130106/NEWS/301060328

Students' vanishing a Maine mystery
January 06, 2013

KENNEBUNKPORT, Maine — The snow is a bit deeper and the temperatures a bit colder, but in other ways Maine winters are much like winters on Cape Cod.

Tourists are fewer and farther between. Locals reclaim the snowy streets and their favorite bar stools. Friendly conversation is easier and the nonstop hubbub of the summer is over.

In the Kennebunkport village of Cape Porpoise, the low talk at the start of a new year includes questions and speculation about what happened to two out-of-staters — including one from Cape Cod — who are believed dead after mysteriously disappearing last month from the quaint coastal community.
Goat Island lighthouse keeper Scott Dombrowski said he was wakened by the sound of a Coast Guard helicopter searching the area early on the Saturday after Wells and Wright disappeared.

"As soon as we found out what had occurred, we headed out and started to search for Prescott and Zach," he said.

Fishermen, police and locals spent the next several days combing the surrounding islands looking for them, Dombrowski said, adding that it was a "monumental effort."

"What I would speculate is that they were in kayaks as opposed to a boat," he said.

Although no boats or kayaks were reported missing, masons working on Goat Island reported seeing what appeared to be a kayak across the mouth of the harbor on Folly Island the morning of Dec. 20, Dombrowski said.

Police say no kayaks or other vessels have been recovered in connection with the search.

It's possible Wright and Wells got into trouble on the water but made it to Savin Bush Island, Dombrowski said.

Once they made it there they might have shed their clothes to eliminate weight or because of the effects of hypothermia, Dombrowski said, adding that the water temperature at the time was 37 degrees Fahrenheit.

It would have been a roughly 200-foot swim from the rocks to Goat Island where the lighthouse has heat, food and water, Dombrowski said.

"It certainly would have been our wish that they made it there," he said.

Instead they may have been overcome during the attempted swim and swept out to sea, Dombrowski said.

"When the water flushes out of there it goes out with a vigor," he said of the harbor.
Hundreds attended a memorial service for Wright on Saturday afternoon at the Unitarian Church of Barnstable. A service for Wells was scheduled for the same day and time in Vermont.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2013, 03:05:30 PM »

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20130211-NEWS-130219974

Human remains found in Kennebunkport
February 11, 2013 12:46 PM

KENNEBUNKPORT, Maine — Police said Monday that human remains were found around 5 p.m. Sunday on Vaughn's Island, just off the coast of Cape Porpoise. The remains, which are currently at the Maine Medical Examiner's Office, were recovered by members of the town's police and fire departments.

According to a release from Police Chief Craig Sanford, it could take several days before an identification is made.

Two Landing School students have been missing in the area since Dec. 20.

“We still have the two missing men (Prescott Wright and Zachary Wells) from December of 2012 as an open case,” Sanford said in the release.

The release said it is believed the two men went missing in the water near Cape Porpoise in the early morning hours on December 20, 2012.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2013, 10:17:43 AM »

Thanks Grace---heard this on my News this morning......

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2013, 04:20:44 PM »

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Human-remains-found-on-Maine-island.html

Posted: February 11
Updated: Today at 12:10 AM

Human remains could be missing Maine students

Bones that washed up on an island off Kennebunkport may belong to boat-building students last seen in December.

The Associated Press

KENNEBUNKPORT — The state Medical Examiner's Office is doing tests to determine whether bones that washed up on an island off Kennebunkport during last weekend's blizzard are those of two boat-building students who were last seen Dec. 19 in Kennebunkport.
 ::snipping2::  map at link

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2013, 05:10:35 AM »

Officials: Human remains confirmed as missing Cape man, another student

The Maine medical examiner's office says human remains found on an island off Kennebunkport were two boatbuilding school students who went missing in December, including Prescott Wright of Barnstable.

Spokesman Mark Belserene said today that DNA tests confirmed the remains were 21-year-old Zachary Wells of Burlington, Vt., and Wright.
http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130305/NEWS11/130309875

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2013, 04:30:24 PM »

Thanks NUT - wonder what happened?  Sad but at least now the families have closure.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2013, 02:00:49 AM »

http://www.kjonline.com/news/Remains-confirmed-as-Maine-boatbuilding-students.html

Yesterday at 6:04 PM
Remains confirmed as Maine boatbuilding students

KENNEBUNKPORT — Remains found last month on Vaughn's Island have been identified as the two boatbuilding school students who disappeared in December and were presumed drowned after a search turned up evidence pointing to that outcome.
Belserene said the office hasn't yet determined a cause of death. He said toxicology tests would be conducted and officials were hopeful of getting results because the remains were relatively well-preserved due to being in cold water.

Toxicology tests will take six to eight more weeks to complete, he said.

During the search for the two men, officials found some of their clothing but could not locate their bodies.

Authorities said they believed the two men had gone off in a boat.

The search, which included sonar and divers looking in the waters around Kennebunkport, was called off after a few days because of the likelihood that the two had not survived and due to an approaching storm.
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.