March 28, 2024, 04:38:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Legendary actor Jack Klugman dies at 90  (Read 1877 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: December 24, 2012, 06:48:17 PM »

Legendary actor Jack Klugman dies at 90

Published December 24, 2012
Associated Press

LOS ANGELES –  Jack Klugman, who made an art of gruffness in TV's "The Odd Couple" and "Quincy, M.E.," has died at the age of 90.

The actor's son Adam says his father died Monday afternoon in Los Angeles.

In the 1970s sitcom "The Odd Couple," Klugman played sloppy sports writer Oscar to co-star Tony Randall's Felix, a fussy photographer. In "Quincy, M.E.," which aired from 1976 to 1983, Klugman played an idealistic, tough-minded medical examiner.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/12/24/legendary-actor-jack-klugman-dies-at-0/#ixzz2G12PNHFT
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 07:45:27 PM »

'Odd Couple' actor Klugman dies at age 90

By Steve Almasy, CNN
updated 7:19 PM EST, Mon December 24, 2012

(CNN) -- Jack Klugman, best known as the messy sports writer Oscar Madison in TV's "The Odd Couple," died Monday, his son Adam said. He was 90.

Klugman, who won two Emmys for his role in the early 1970s sitcom, also starred in "Quincy M.E." as Medical Examiner Dr. R. Quincy from 1976 to 1983.

He told Larry King in 2001 that he played Madison on Broadway before the TV show debuted.

"So when (executive producer) Garry Marshall called me, I thought he'd seen me do it on Broadway and that's why he wanted me. He said, 'No, I never saw you.' I said, 'So why did you want me?' He said, 'Well, I saw you in 'Gypsy' and Ethel Merman was singing to you, and she was spitting all over you.' '

Marshall continued, Klugman said: " 'You know, that's a good actor, he's not showing that she's spitting all over him.' That's why he hired me."

::snipping2::
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/24/showbiz/jack-klugman-dies/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.