March 28, 2024, 04:43:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Religion and Sandy Hook Elementary School, Newton, CT - Multiple Deaths  (Read 24317 times)
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« on: December 26, 2012, 12:29:37 AM »

Earlier there was a reference to Israel and their gun laws.  Here is what the Israelis responded

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Israel-Gun-Control/2012/12/25/id/468967

Also, references to taking God out of schools.

How does one explain all of the pedophile priests, ministers, and pastors?
By understanding that God gives everyone of us a free will.  Those monsters chose to prey on innocents and thumb their noses at God.  Have no doubt, HE will punish them.
Exactly. Just because someone chooses to portray they are with god does not mean they really are. Those that put themselves in those positions will be punished by god as well. God does need to be in our schools & taught to our children so that they have the groundwork to resist evil.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 08:44:09 PM by klaasend » Logged
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 07:01:28 PM »

Which God are you going to have?  Jewish, Sikh, Muslim, Native American, etc?

Anyway, above it was referenced that Lanza was on schizophrenic drugs.  The "uncle" who said that is a total imposter.  Not an uncle at all.

And the FB posts where Ryan Lanza says that he is a victim, etc. are a total fraud as well.
Anyone should have the right to worship whatever god they choose but then they also shouldnt be denied the right to do so at school
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 07:08:08 PM »

As far as worshiping God at school, how would that work? 

Gay marriage, abortion, infallibility of the Pope, birth control.  Those are just some of the issues with Lutheran, Episcopal, Catholic.

How about Jains who kill nothing, not even rats.  How about praying several times a day on the prayer rug separating boys and girls.  No pork.  No cloven hoof  animals or shellfish to eat. No Christmas or Pledge of Allegiance like Jehovah's witnesses.

And on and on.  How would it work?
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 07:12:50 PM »

Gay marriage, abortion, infallibility of the Pope, birth control.  Those are just some of the issues with Lutheran, Episcopal, Catholic.

How about Jains who kill nothing, not even rats.  How about praying several times a day on the prayer rug separating boys and girls.  No pork.  No cloven hoof  animals or shellfish to eat. No Christmas or Pledge of Allegiance like Jehovah's witnesses.

Why does it have to get that detailed? I dont really want abortion, gay rights or the pope to be discussed in my childrens grade school. I just think they should be able to say merry CHRISTmas if they want to, draw pictures of jesus & thank their god for the things they are thankful for
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 09:24:11 AM »

Which God are you going to have?  Jewish, Sikh, Muslim, Native American, etc?

Anyway, above it was referenced that Lanza was on schizophrenic drugs.  The "uncle" who said that is a total imposter.  Not an uncle at all.

And the FB posts where Ryan Lanza says that he is a victim, etc. are a total fraud as well.

While religion is not part of this thread, perhaps one needs to add the following to the god list?  Mother Earth, Global Warming, Climate Change, Big Government, healthcare, medical industry...   Bolded by me.  You are absolutely correct that religion is not a part of this thread.  
This topic has been moved to Religion (discussion and debate).

"...Lanza was on schizophrenic drugs."  What drugs has Lanza taken in the past?  What treatment plans have been suggested and assigned?  

I imagine there are a lot of schizophrenics that go untreated and they do not kill people, they are not a danger to others, perhaps they are a danger to themselves?  Perhaps they are among the homeless?  Those that fill the homeless shelters?

What challenges did Lanza's mother face in trying to get her son treatment?  Committed to a facility?  Does the system go to the extreme in protecting dangerous sick people from commitment as compared to the potential harm they might cause others?

Did she ignore his problems in childhood and perhaps think he could be fixed?  Would never be a danger to strangers?  Just to his family and in home caretakers?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 10:15:44 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 10:57:57 AM »

Why does it have to get that detailed? I dont really want abortion, gay rights or the pope to be discussed in my childrens grade school. I just think they should be able to say merry CHRISTmas if they want to, draw pictures of jesus & thank their god for the things they are thankful for

I entirely agree with you kcrn...

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 03:45:34 PM »

Just my two cents . . . if prayer and faith were being taught in the home and then lived out by the parents who were setting the examples, whether it was taught in school or not would not matter.  It is unfortunate that about the same time prayer was being removed from schools, parents were no longer teaching the importance of faith, discipline, education, respect for self and others, manners, etc.  It has to begin in the home.  Many parents want to be their children's friends as versus the parents.  I became friends with my folks after I moved away, not when I was a youngster.  IMO

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 06:28:13 PM »

FWIW - I'm pretty old(over 60) and I don't ever remember praying in any of the schools I attended.  We stood and said the Pledge of Allegiance each morning in Elementary School but no prayers.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 07:32:07 PM »

I am over 60 and we didn't say a prayers in school either. But we sang Christmas carols had Christmas break and Easter break. And we said the Pledge of Allegiance every morning and every event we had at school. Not so any more. When I was working we couldn't do any Christmas theme activity or Easter, but we had to have other religious activities all in the name of being diversified and as not to hurt other nationalities. Once again the powers that be go crazy. You can't do any thing to celebrate Christianity but you have to teach about other religions. Whats wrong with this picture.

There is no common sense any more in the world it's either way left or way right. Sister you are right parents don't want to be parents they want to be friends and you see where that has taken us. Learning about religion starts in the home by living it to show the children what it means. To be honest, caring and loving.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 09:00:52 AM »

FWIW - I'm pretty old(over 60) and I don't ever remember praying in any of the schools I attended.  We stood and said the Pledge of Allegiance each morning in Elementary School but no prayers.
Klaas- Hi- I am a couple of years behind you in age.  True story...

When I was in elementary school, we had a devotional read to us by our teacher each morning.  Something short and written for that age child.  The teacher read it from a book that contained devotionals for the year.

When I had children, I selected a book of devotions to read to them each night before bedtime.  After reading a few, I realized it was the same book that my elementary school teacher had read from!  I went to all public schools.

I will also say that my kids went to the public high school and participated is sports.  I don't know how the sports teams did it legally, but there were prayers before competitions and at banquets.  I liked it but, again, not sure how they weren't called out for it.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 10:37:24 AM »

I am over 60 and we didn't say a prayers in school either. But we sang Christmas carols had Christmas break and Easter break. And we said the Pledge of Allegiance every morning and every event we had at school. Not so any more. When I was working we couldn't do any Christmas theme activity or Easter, but we had to have other religious activities all in the name of being diversified and as not to hurt other nationalities. Once again the powers that be go crazy. You can't do any thing to celebrate Christianity but you have to teach about other religions. Whats wrong with this picture.

There is no common sense any more in the world it's either way left or way right. Sister you are right parents don't want to be parents they want to be friends and you see where that has taken us. Learning about religion starts in the home by living it to show the children what it means. To be honest, caring and loving.

I agree 100%

Yes we always sang Christmas carols and had Christmas break and Easter break and I agree they may call those breaks something else now but I'm sure they still sing Christmas songs.

Also Caddy, the sports teams may have (in my time) prayed before and after the games and probably most still do. 
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 08:38:22 AM »

No religion?  How about values?

No killing.

No stealing. 

Why greed is bad?  Envy?

It seems like society is going the 'no values' any thing goes route to destruction.

Does everyone have to have the same values?  I don't think so.

What of common values?  No sex with someone or animals that cannot consent?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 05:47:44 PM »

No religion?  How about values?

No killing.

No stealing. 

Why greed is bad?  Envy?

It seems like society is going the 'no values' any thing goes route to destruction.

Does everyone have to have the same values?  I don't think so.

What of common values?  No sex with someone or animals that cannot consent?

I get what you are saying Whiskey Girl I think. Without religion where are the values going to come from.

I too believe our society  is on a self destruction course.  I believe it stems from the political correct junk. You might offend someone. While it started out meaning well like every thing else in today's society it has been carried to the extreme. And heaven forbid you tell your children no and or let them fail attempting something. Telling them when they fail its someone else fault. We have become a throw away society and everyone wants instant gratification.

I think we all should have the same basic values of whats right and wrong. Whether you are a believer in God or not. Once again the PC stuff has gone to the extreme. For those who believe might offend someone that doesn't so no one's allowed to even mention the word God in our schools. While I believe our values start at home with parents teaching their children. If the children and teachers want to say a prayer for someone they should be allowed.

While I never had prayers in school on a regular bases we did have a prayers said at some school events. I  don't think any one was offended because of it. For those who didn't want to simply didn't particate in them.

Just my opinion.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.