March 18, 2024, 10:33:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial  (Read 1660760 times)
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1040 on: March 28, 2013, 04:55:51 PM »

I missed if the judge ruled on the Prosecutor having more fans then the Defense grounds for mis-trial - can anyone tell me
what the Judge said about it.

We didn't hear what the judge ruled. Jean Casarez was questioned and then there was a sidebar and when they came back they started court as usual.

Thank you.

The judge said that she is interviewing the jurors after court today. I guess she has not ruled.

Kind of obvious that the Prosecutor's are attacking Juan Martinez. Kind of think they should put their energy into their case
and not worry about Martinez taking photos with fans.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1041 on: March 28, 2013, 04:56:19 PM »

Secret code Jodi wrote inside Star Magazine
http://s1352.photobucket.com/user/tabularasa6/media/cs58_zpsa6c6020f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=65
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1042 on: March 28, 2013, 05:03:32 PM »

This expert witness sent Jodi gifts too?  Is this normal?  Shouldn't that be up to family and friends?

Interesting for sure. Im getting deja vu with the throwing of the family under the bus. Now her father was a pervert too? Good lord. The wooden spoon thing is just comical to me. My mom used to threaten my brother & i with the wooden spoon all the time & i might have had a few swipes with it. I can probably count on ine hand how many times my mother put her hands (or spoon) on us. We were hardly abused. Back in the day parents could actually spank or whatever without it even remotely qualifying for abuse. Not condoning it because im too much of a wimp to spank but this is not abuse imo. This witness may be the best one they have but i wonder if establishing an abusive childhood does anything but say thst she was abused at home & thus made her distrustful of men in general. Travis did not just develop an abusive angry personality when he met jodi. Or this sexual "deviance" they speak of. Past gf would have corroborated this if true. The sexual thing, as ive said before is more likely that she was willing to be a little freaky & probably came on strong from the beginning, & he was all for it being a young man. I dont find it all that shocking as many men will experiment when given the opportunity.

I agree with you. I think this expert precludes important information in order to sway the jury into believing her passion for domestic violence on women. But imo, it was Travis who was exploited by this chick.

I remember a couple of girls that were very much like Jodi's sexual provocative side. It was easy, when on the road, that they
*hooked up*. The males were not the aggressors - they were just there & the males knew these girls would do BJs.

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1043 on: March 28, 2013, 05:06:04 PM »

My 11 year old actually questioned whether Juan Martinez signing the cane and posing with 'fans' was a good idea.  He thought it was inappropriate and that Juan should wait until the trial is over.

I am questioning if Jodi's testimony trashing Travis is appropriate ... trashing Travis without any backup except her word.

I am also questioning the legality of the "expert" witnesses  called upon to testify.  Jodi's mindset was assessed without any assurance that there was any truth to Jodi's claims.

Something is not right.

Janet

He said it with no prompting from me... I was happy to see he was thinking objectively.  Even though he knows Jodi murdered Travis he was astutely aware what the prosecutor was doing might be less than kosher.  He even went on to say Martinez should wait until the trial was over to sign autographs. 

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1044 on: March 28, 2013, 05:10:08 PM »

My 11 year old actually questioned whether Juan Martinez signing the cane and posing with 'fans' was a good idea.  He thought it was inappropriate and that Juan should wait until the trial is over.

I am questioning if Jodi's testimony trashing Travis is appropriate ... trashing Travis without any backup except her word.

I am also questioning the legality of the "expert" witnesses  called upon to testify.  Jodi's mindset was assessed without any assurance that there was any truth to Jodi's claims.

Something is not right.

Janet

I wonder if the attack at Juan Martinez is to make him back off of his turn with this witness, ya know - throw him off.
All this witness is doing is trying to explain away Jodi slashing Travis Alexander's neck, shooting him in the head and 29 stabs with a knife, driving to another state to do this etc. Sickening.

I just remembered that Baez took photos with fans. No one did anything about it.

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1045 on: March 28, 2013, 05:13:01 PM »

This expert witness sent Jodi gifts too?  Is this normal?  Shouldn't that be up to family and friends?

Interesting for sure. Im getting deja vu with the throwing of the family under the bus. Now her father was a pervert too? Good lord. The wooden spoon thing is just comical to me. My mom used to threaten my brother & i with the wooden spoon all the time & i might have had a few swipes with it. I can probably count on ine hand how many times my mother put her hands (or spoon) on us. We were hardly abused. Back in the day parents could actually spank or whatever without it even remotely qualifying for abuse. Not condoning it because im too much of a wimp to spank but this is not abuse imo. This witness may be the best one they have but i wonder if establishing an abusive childhood does anything but say thst she was abused at home & thus made her distrustful of men in general. Travis did not just develop an abusive angry personality when he met jodi. Or this sexual "deviance" they speak of. Past gf would have corroborated this if true. The sexual thing, as ive said before is more likely that she was willing to be a little freaky & probably came on strong from the beginning, & he was all for it being a young man. I dont find it all that shocking as many men will experiment when given the opportunity.

I agree with you. I think this expert precludes important information in order to sway the jury into believing her passion for domestic violence on women. But imo, it was Travis who was exploited by this chick.

I remember a couple of girls that were very much like Jodi's sexual provocative side. It was easy, when on the road, that they
*hooked up*. The males were not the aggressors - they were just there & the males knew these girls would do BJs.

Ugh.  I knew girls who were the same way.  Would hook up with complete strangers and these girls were most definitely the aggressors. 

I see here, too, that Jodi saw Travis as a ticket to a better life.  She was using sex to try and gain control over him and become his wife eventually, IMO.  She says he told her he would win the 'wife lottery' if she ever married him but I'd be willing to bet money she's the one who said it to him except she termed it 'husband lottery'.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1046 on: March 28, 2013, 05:30:13 PM »

Something is not right.

Janet

I wonder if the attack at Juan Martinez is to make him back off of his turn with this witness, ya know - throw him off.
All this witness is doing is trying to explain away Jodi slashing Travis Alexander's neck, shooting him in the head and 29 stabs with a knife, driving to another state to do this etc. Sickening.

I just remembered that Baez took photos with fans. No one did anything about it.

Not a photo with fans during the trial proceedings but ... in my opinion completely inappropriate/unprofessional nevertheless.

Janet

+++++

Florida Bar: No investigation into hugging incidents 
Friday, 31 Oct 2008, 7:39 AM EDT 

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) -- Jose Baez will face no disciplinary action from the Florida Bar for his jailhouse incident with client Casey Anthony .

According to published reports, Baez was under investigation from the Bar. But spokesperson Susannah Lyle said that hugs are permitted by their rules between attorney and client as long as the client does not object.

According to Lyle, a Bar Association rule must be broken in order for there to be an investigation. At this point there is no Florida Bar investigation into the incidents.

Jail officials said Casey Anthony and her defense attorney, Jose Baez, were seen hugging on two separate occasions and were told both times that it was a violation of jail policy.

Though there is no surveillance video that would show the two hugging, jail officials confirm seeing the two touch on two different times.

The jail released the following statement:

Mr. Baez was observed hugging his client on two occasions. He was advised that this is a violation of jail policy. After the second incident, he was again advised of the policy and said he would remember in future visits not to engage in this behavior. Orange County Corrections considers this a closed matter."

<snipped>

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7762172&version=7&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1047 on: March 28, 2013, 05:41:06 PM »

SM Front Page Blog?  I can't seem to access it.

Janet

Thanks Janet, it seems to be working okay now.  Please let me know if you have any more problems and I'll report it. 

Muffy

When I click the BLOG icon above from my computer the page message reads "The website cannot display the page".

When I attempt to access from my computer through http://scaredmonkeys.com/ the page message reads the same.

I have been experiencing this problem since Tuesday evening.

Janet

Muffy

Everything is OK.

I do enjoy reading and responding to Red's perspecties on certain political and spiritual topics.

Thanks.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1048 on: March 28, 2013, 05:42:46 PM »

Oops!

perspecties s/b perspectives

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1049 on: March 28, 2013, 05:42:53 PM »

Janet

Thanks Janet, it seems to be working okay now.  Please let me know if you have any more problems and I'll report it. 

Muffy

When I click the BLOG icon above from my computer the page message reads "The website cannot display the page".

When I attempt to access from my computer through http://scaredmonkeys.com/ the page message reads the same.

Janet

Hmm.     I can access it typing in url or clicking on "Blog".     I've forwarded our posts concerning the issue to Klaas. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1050 on: March 28, 2013, 05:50:13 PM »

Janet

Muffy

Janet

Muffy

Everything is OK.

I do enjoy reading and responding to Red's perspecties on certain political and spiritual topics.

Thanks.

Janet

Okay Janet, it's good to hear it's up and running again. From what Klaas told me, there's been some outages with work being performed. 

Thank you to everyone reading here for being patient with the off-topic.    Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1051 on: March 28, 2013, 08:10:27 PM »

Kermit, I think I found the dre cleaning picture you referred to back a page or two.

Found it in the pictures in the above facebook account.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/541401_438908302851984_1082855947_n.jpg

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1052 on: March 28, 2013, 09:06:08 PM »

*dry cleaning*

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1053 on: March 28, 2013, 09:59:06 PM »

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/21823306/allegations-of-misconduct-sidetrack-arias-trial
Allegations of misconduct sidetrack Arias trial
March 28, 2013

PHOENIX (AP) - The Jodi Arias murder trial became even more of a spectacle Thursday as defense attorneys argued the prosecutor committed misconduct by signing autographs and posing for pictures with fans outside court.

The argument prompted the judge to call a cable TV legal analyst to testify as she was asked about what she witnessed as dozens of trial watchers gather on a daily basis to see people involved in the case.

Defense attorney Kirk Nurmi argued the interaction could taint the jury pool.

"I believe that this misconduct may very well have been seen by jurors," Nurmi told the judge.

The argument played out as officials revealed that the cost of Arias' defense to taxpayers has exceeded $1.4 million to date. Arias is represented by court-appointed attorneys at a rate of up to $250 per hour after she was unable to afford her own defense.
 ::snipping2::
Martinez has on at least one occasion exited the building through the front door and was surrounded by trial watchers offering him praise. He has declined to discuss the case outside court,.

In a video posted on azcentral.com last week, Martinez is seen posing for pictures and even autographing the cane of a woman who has been watching the trial.

"There were several individuals interviewed about how great he is," Nurmi said. "It's entirely possible that more than one juror saw this."

At least one juror often lingers outside the courthouse after trial has concluded for the day while spectators mull around, cameras at the ready, waiting for Martinez and others to emerge.

On Thursday, Judge Sherry Stephens privately questioned each juror individually about whether they had witnessed Martinez's interactions with the crowd. Jurors in the case are not sequestered but are warned daily by the judge to avoid all media coverage of the trial.

But within an hour of court ending Thursday, one juror sat eating ice cream on a bench near a group of spectators who were waiting for the prosecutor.

Martinez chose to take a different exit Thursday afternoon and avoided the scene.

"Defense counsel may not like that people have come up to the prosecutor and asked him whatever they may have asked him," Martinez told judge. "That is not misconduct."

It was unclear when Stevens would rule on the issue.

The judge called to the witness stand Jean Casarez, a legal analyst with Turner Broadcasting's In Session, who had made comments on air about the scene.

"I said I have seen a juror just sitting outside the front door of the courthouse," Casarez said. "And I said my concern would be if a juror would see that, that would be my concern."

"You didn't observe any juror seeing that?" Judge Stephens asked.

"No," Casarez replied. "I never saw it personally."

Another In Session employee is set to be questioned by the judge when trial resumes Tuesday.
More...

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1054 on: March 28, 2013, 10:45:38 PM »

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BGe-ZZSCQAEEJN1.jpg:large
What the jodi arias trial has cost the state of Arizona so far.

Loca
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1055 on: March 28, 2013, 11:10:16 PM »

Arias defense has cost Maricopa County more than $1.4 million
http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130328arias-trial-defense-costs-maricopa-county-million.html?nclick_check=1

By Michael Kiefer and Michelle Ye Hee Lee The Republic | azcentral.com Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:32 PM

The Jodi Arias murder trial is still weeks away from going to the jury, but figures released Thursday by a judge’s order show that since 2008, Maricopa County has paid out more than $1.4 million for her defense alone.

Much of the Jodi Arias murder trial has been argued out of the public’s earshot, to the drown-out accompaniment of a white-noise machine at the judge’s bench and in the judge’s chambers. Last week, after The Arizona Republic and other media outlets revealed that as of early February, the cost of Arias’ defense had already surpassed $800,000, lead defense attorney Kirk Nurmi asked that the defense costs be sealed from the public eye.
<snipped>

Couldn't figure out where your image file came from, loca. So I did a search on the topic to find this article.

kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1056 on: March 29, 2013, 12:01:29 AM »

Kermit, I think I found the dre cleaning picture you referred to back a page or two.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/541401_438908302851984_1082855947_n.jpg
This is a girl that is on the dr. Drew show. He calls her one of dr. Drews jurors. Not sure thst shes media in any way though.
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1057 on: March 29, 2013, 12:03:34 AM »

Arias defense has cost Maricopa County more than $1.4 million
http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130328arias-trial-defense-costs-maricopa-county-million.html?nclick_check=1

By Michael Kiefer and Michelle Ye Hee Lee The Republic | azcentral.com Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:32 PM

The Jodi Arias murder trial is still weeks away from going to the jury, but figures released Thursday by a judge’s order show that since 2008, Maricopa County has paid out more than $1.4 million for her defense alone.

Much of the Jodi Arias murder trial has been argued out of the public’s earshot, to the drown-out accompaniment of a white-noise machine at the judge’s bench and in the judge’s chambers. Last week, after The Arizona Republic and other media outlets revealed that as of early February, the cost of Arias’ defense had already surpassed $800,000, lead defense attorney Kirk Nurmi asked that the defense costs be sealed from the public eye.
<snipped>

Couldn't figure out where your image file came from, loca. So I did a search on the topic to find this article.
Just one more reason for the state of arizona to despise this skank. They funded her defense, i hope they dont set her free too.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1058 on: March 29, 2013, 01:03:13 AM »

Brandi,
You are AWESOME!!!
You have no idea how much time I have spent looking for that photo.
Thank you.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1059 on: March 29, 2013, 01:05:22 AM »

Just one more reason for the state of arizona to despise this skank. They funded her defense, i hope they dont set her free too.

kcrn,
You totally crack me up sometimes. I can't stop laughing at your use of the word skank and ho.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.