March 19, 2024, 02:05:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial  (Read 1660854 times)
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1160 on: April 03, 2013, 12:44:28 PM »

Considering it was Kirk Nurmi who filed the motion with the court to dismiss Juror #5 ... it would make sense to me that Juror #5 was not pro-Jodi.

Considering the words that brought Juror #5 down were verbalized in a "closed" meeting ... could it be that it was a pro-Jodi juror who reported the offense?  This causes me concern  regarding the leaning of other jurors.

Who else was at that "closed" meeting.

Janet

+++++

Jodi Arias Juror Dismissed for Talking About Trial
April 2, 2013

<snipped>

A juror who sat through three months of testimony in the Jodi Arias murder trial was dismissed today for "misconduct" after Arias' attorneys claimed she made statements showing she was biased.

The woman, identified only as Juror 5, allegedly made statements to other jurors during a closed meeting that showed she was an impartial jury member, according to a motion filed by Kirk Nurmi, Arias' lead attorney.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-juror-dismissed-talking-trial/story?id=18864045

I wonder how they worded the question asking them if they saw anything.. some may have mistook their questioning for being about #5. (I think they couldn't couldn't be too leading with their questions because you don't want to hint to any jurors what happened with Martinez if they didn't already see it..)

I think they actually met with each juror separately on Friday (Something in the wording at the end of Friday led me to believe that...)

I don't think it says anything about the other jurors.. other than they were being honest about what they saw and figured the #5 issue may be what they were being asked about.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1161 on: April 03, 2013, 01:45:30 PM »

Yawn...wake me up when Alice is off the stand. Overkill!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1162 on: April 03, 2013, 01:50:58 PM »

I wonder how they worded the question asking them if they saw anything.. some may have mistook their questioning for being about #5. (I think they couldn't couldn't be too leading with their questions because you don't want to hint to any jurors what happened with Martinez if they didn't already see it..)

I think they actually met with each juror separately on Friday (Something in the wording at the end of Friday led me to believe that...)

I don't think it says anything about the other jurors.. other than they were being honest about what they saw and figured the #5 issue may be what they were being asked about.

Samatha ... I agree.

I don't doubt for one minute that Juror #5 said something that indicated her bias whatever it was.  I was just wondering who initially reported this indiscretion.  It makes sense that this person was pro-Jodi considering the defence filed the dismissal motion.

When the other jury members were questioned by the judge ... I would assume that each were truthful.

I am distracted with life outside the computer room this morning ... so I am not watching the trial proceedings.  I am taking a tea and cookie break right now.  Any interesting updates.  Thanks

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1163 on: April 03, 2013, 02:01:04 PM »

Samatha ... I agree.

I don't doubt for one minute that Juror #5 said something that indicated her bias whatever it was.  I was just wondering who initially reported this indiscretion.  It makes sense that this person was pro-Jodi considering the defence filed the dismissal motion.

When the other jury members were questioned by the judge ... I would assume that each were truthful.

I am distracted with life outside the computer room this morning ... so I am not watching the trial proceedings.  I am taking a tea and cookie break right now.  Any interesting updates.  Thanks

Janet

I think that the person who called in was Pro Jodi and may have noticed that she was an avid Questioner (and most of the total of Qs were anti-Jodi.. so therefore she was prob anti-Jodi.) They just used an excuse that she was pro-jodi and trying to communicate to try to initially get Jodi out..

(If that was what you were trying to get at I completely agree.. and feel a tad

Today they are just going through their relationship and texts/diary entries and Laviolette is giving her "impressions"

They did get to an alleged incident of physical violence (the finger/kicking) and Jodi was sure to grimace and then I guess shed a tear (she wiped her face).. perfectly timed.  In relation to this Laviolette discussed the "Conflict tactics scale". Which I found interesting knowledge.. not that I believe Jodi was abused but an interesting thing I didn't know about. (I think @WildAboutTrial mentioned jurors were taking notes during this time when earlier they said the jurors weren't and looked bored)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_tactics_scale

It would be great if Laviolette and Wilmott could learn how to answer/ask Qs so that they aren't sustained for hearsay (Laviolette keeps saying "Travis/Jodi said...")
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1164 on: April 03, 2013, 02:02:06 PM »

Oops.. I forgot to end my sentence..

"(If that was what you were trying to get at I completely agree.. and feel a tad like a conspiracy theorist)
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1165 on: April 03, 2013, 02:05:58 PM »

I think that the person who called in was Pro Jodi and may have noticed that she was an avid Questioner (and most of the total of Qs were anti-Jodi.. so therefore she was prob anti-Jodi.) They just used an excuse that she was pro-jodi and trying to communicate to try to initially get Jodi out..

Today they are just going through their relationship and texts/diary entries and Laviolette is giving her "impressions"

They did get to an alleged incident of physical violence (the finger/kicking) and Jodi was sure to grimace and then I guess shed a tear (she wiped her face).. perfectly timed.  In relation to this Laviolette discussed the "Conflict tactics scale". Which I found interesting knowledge.. not that I believe Jodi was abused but an interesting thing I didn't know about. (I think @WildAboutTrial mentioned jurors were taking notes during this time when earlier they said the jurors weren't and looked bored)

It would be great if Laviolette and Wilmott could learn how to answer/ask Qs so that they aren't sustained for hearsay (Laviolette keeps saying "Travis/Jodi said...")

I should proofread

They just used an excuse that she (Juror #5)  was pro-jodi and trying to communicate to try to initially get Juror #5 out..
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1166 on: April 03, 2013, 02:20:54 PM »

Not only overkill, but it's all BS, since it really has nothing to do with Jodi. She was NOT abused by Travis, IMO.

So all this discussion between Alyce and Jodi's lawyer is just a waste of time. For everyone, except for them, since they are being paid to do this.

*yawn*

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1167 on: April 03, 2013, 02:35:15 PM »

Thanks Samantha

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1168 on: April 03, 2013, 02:55:38 PM »

Video clips of the respective interrogation of Jodi's mother and father can be assessed at the following links.

Janet

+++++

Arias' mom: 'Jodi has mental problems
Wed April 03, 2013

"Dr. Drew On Call" has just received never-before-seen police interrogation video of Jodi Arias’ parents, Sandra and William, being interviewed by Mesa, Arizona, Detective Esteban Flores, the lead investigator in the case of Travis Alexander's slaying.

In this clip, Flores tells Sandra Arias that her daughter wasn’t willing to explain the fact that evidence placed her at Alexander's home the day of the killing.

“I talked to her [Jodi Arias] and she told me she was going to Utah and she came back and she was fine,” Sandra Arias said, adding, “So how could somebody -- you say she did this -- how could she come back and just be normal?”

She continued, “Jodi has mental problems. Jodi would freak out all the time. I had quite a few of her friends call me and tell me that I needed to get her some help. One called me in the middle of the night and told me that she needed help.”

<snipped>

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/04/02/jodi-arias-mother-interrogation-room?clusterId=1303#videoplayer

Arias' dad: 'Jodi was a strange person'
 Wed April 03, 2013

<snipped>

In this clip, William Arias tells Esteban, “She was a strange person … after she left the house, she just kind of got a little strange.  She was really friendly.  Sometimes she'd call real sweet, and 10 minutes later, she’ll come and call in a rage, you know, just screaming at my wife.  She did that over the last year and a half.”

He goes on to talk about the gun stolen from his in-law's house. Dr. Drew and his guests react in the video player above

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/04/02/jodis-dad-jodi-was-strange-person?clusterId=1303#videoplayer

_____

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1169 on: April 03, 2013, 02:59:33 PM »

Well, then.

Seems "the witness" (Alyce LaViolette) cannot continue today, fell ill, apparently.

No more court for the day. It will resume tomorrow.

(I have never followed a court case that spends so little time a day actually in court!)

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1170 on: April 03, 2013, 03:00:50 PM »

Testimony is done for the day. (I missed when the Judge mentioned why they were stopping today.. but found this tweet)

@WildAboutTrial 1m
Alyce is ill and can't continue today. Court has been cancelled for the rest of the day. It will resume tomorrow at 9:30am

https://twitter.com/WildAboutTrial

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1171 on: April 03, 2013, 03:52:45 PM »

Not only overkill, but it's all BS, since it really has nothing to do with Jodi. She was NOT abused by Travis, IMO.

So all this discussion between Alyce and Jodi's lawyer is just a waste of time. For everyone, except for them, since they are being paid to do this.

*yawn*

Not watching today, just get updates here and tweeters. I'll watch when JM cross's her.     
 albino

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1172 on: April 03, 2013, 04:05:44 PM »

Jodi Arias own words appear to be a foreshadowing of what would happen less than one year later.

Janet

+++++

Jodi Arias Trial: Why Was Juror Dismissed? After three months of testimony, the judge abruptly dismissed a juror for misconduct.
04/03/2013

<snipped>

She writes about trying to move beyond her ex. A year before she admits she shot and repeatedly stabbed him. I love him, I could not possibly love him not, though I wish i could stop.

Turn it off like a light switch. Duct tape it down so itan't turn back on or better yet, just cut the circuit. Cut off its life source.  Make it dead in a second. Lifeless. Prosecutors say that's exactly what she ended up doing.

Video:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-trial-dismissed-juror-pushes-defense-mistrial-18868995

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1173 on: April 03, 2013, 04:10:09 PM »

Not watching today, just get updates here and tweeters. I'll watch when JM cross's her.     
 albino

You are cheating!!!!

If the truth is known ... so am I.

Janet

_____

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1174 on: April 03, 2013, 04:37:58 PM »

Jodi Arias own words appear to be a foreshadowing of what would happen less than one year later.
Janet

+++++
Jodi Arias Trial: Why Was Juror Dismissed? After three months of testimony, the judge abruptly dismissed a juror for misconduct.
04/03/2013

<snipped>
She writes about trying to move beyond her ex. A year before she admits she shot and repeatedly stabbed him. I love him, I could not possibly love him not, though I wish i could stop.

Turn it off like a light switch. Duct tape it down so itan't turn back on or better yet, just cut the circuit. Cut off its life source.  Make it dead in a second. Lifeless. Prosecutors say that's exactly what she ended up doing.

Video:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-trial-dismissed-juror-pushes-defense-mistrial-18868995

Wonder if JM will use JA's own words from 07 .
Hope he does.... 

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1175 on: April 03, 2013, 04:48:58 PM »

albino

You are cheating!!!!

Janet
   Monkey Devil!  that makes it 3! this witness has been on the stand droning on and on for 6 days....  bring on Juan Martinez

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1176 on: April 03, 2013, 04:59:00 PM »

albino

You are cheating!!!!

Janet
   Monkey Devil!  that makes it 3! this witness has been on the stand droning on and on for 6 days....  bring on Juan Martinez

The 3 musketeers. Jmo when this case finally goes to the jurors, I bet it's take all of maybe 24-36 hours to come to a verdict. Basically to do the paperwork.
  albino

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1177 on: April 03, 2013, 08:05:11 PM »

I can not listen to this woman at all. Has nothing  to do with Travis and Jodi.
When Juan gets up there, I will listen as well.

Suspicious that alyce got suddenly ill..

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1178 on: April 03, 2013, 08:28:09 PM »

Maybe she is suffering from exhaustion due to all the hours she spent on the stand. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1179 on: April 03, 2013, 08:51:02 PM »

Maybe she is suffering from exhaustion due to all the hours she spent on the stand. 

Muffy ... you could be right.  Jean Casarez shared on HLN (JVM?) that she saw Alyce Laviolette in the hallway after she left the courtroom and she was sweating and flustered.

Nevertheless ... I am one with Cookie.  I hate listening to this women.  It appears that Travis can do no right and ... Jodi can do no wrong.

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.