March 19, 2024, 01:17:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial  (Read 1660834 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2000 on: April 30, 2013, 05:11:54 PM »

Oh great..... I just heard on HLN that the defense expert who will testify tomorrow will not only attempt to dispute the State's expert but the defense also wants to ask this expert about the ramifications of gunshot to the head.

That little preview of what's to come tells me that we can look forward to a mumbo jumbo expert opining that Travis could have run marathons and jumped tall buildings after Jodi shot him. Geeez....... 

I wish the Medical Examiner would be a bit more assured when he testifies. It's not about the content of what he says, it's just his own style. I just get so worried about an outbreak of "stupidity" on the jury and that disease is carried by this kind of ridiculous fodder.

Jill Hays I think I heard that as the defense witness.

I also heard that the State is going to bring in another witness.

This is getting to be ridiculous.

Yes it is Kermit  This is nothing but BS. I don't see how they can call someone else after they have rested their side. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2001 on: April 30, 2013, 05:22:25 PM »

Chris Hughes on Dr. Drew explains e-mails (from last night)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abbd3HDGpMc

Sky hughes will be on tonight.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2002 on: April 30, 2013, 05:25:37 PM »

April 30, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/BethKaras

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 1h
The sealed hearing in Arias is finished. Court resumes tomorrow at noon ET/9:00 am in Phoenix for the final... http://fb.me/1DQVHNyMu

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2003 on: April 30, 2013, 05:43:13 PM »

Jodi Arihttp://www.mstarz.com/articles/11971/20130429/jodi-arias-trial-murder-suspect-travis-alexander-sells-fake-photos-ebay-natalie-portman.htm

as Trial: Murder Suspect Of Travis Alexander Sells Fake Photo's For Lawyer Fees, Ebay Bans Her Artwork On Webiste

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/04/jodi-arias-art-fake-copies-print-ads-profit-travis-alexander-murder/

When you say fake you mean a copy wright photo belonging to someone else that she drew .
  It was not her idea she did not create it just copied it   

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2004 on: April 30, 2013, 05:45:42 PM »

Blonde, please wait until you can find and CONFIRM the identity of the person you are posting is in fact Matt McCartney and is the correct Matt McCartney in this case and include a link back to the source.   Posting photos with "?" can cause a lot of confusion, not to mention possibly embarrassing an innocent person.  If you aren't sure, please just wait.  Someone may have the photo or have time to search and verify.  I realize inquiring minds want to know, but lets keep it in perspective.   Thanks!  Muffy  

THEN PLEASE DELETE MY PICTURES UNTIL WE HAVE THE RIGHT PERSON, AND MY LINK WAS GOOGLE IMAGES

EDIT: I'll get it for you, Blonde.

Blonde - I'm sure you are aware that Google Images could attribute any image to a name so it's not very reliable.  What I do when I find an image via google images is  I got to the google image source and research further. 

For instance, in the Jessica Heeringa, over on Webslueths someone was talking about a Pinterest image of her that makes her look different.  Well, it's not a photo of her it happens to be a photo of a model she liked the looks of and added to her Pinterest.  But if you search Google Images or Pinterest for her name that photo comes up. 
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2005 on: April 30, 2013, 08:36:32 PM »

Thank you for posting Samantha.  I wish Dr Drew and guests would have let Chris finish talking but what he was able to say was interesting.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2006 on: April 30, 2013, 08:45:07 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1304/29/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Juror Dismissed after DUI Arrest; Travis Went to Cops about Jodi?
Aired April 29, 2013 - 19:00   ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1304/29/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE
Arias Parents in Police Interrogation
Aired April 29, 2013 - 20:00   ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1304/29/ddhln.01.html
DR. DREW
Jodi Arias Murder Case
Aired April 29, 2013 - 21:00   ET

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #2007 on: April 30, 2013, 10:27:25 PM »

Hadn't seen this video and it's worth watching! Thanks for posting it. I, too, wish Chris had been allowed to explain those e-mails and talk a lot longer in court!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2008 on: April 30, 2013, 10:37:04 PM »

GUS SEARCY

Gus Searcy is Jodi's alleged mentor who claims Jodi contacted him following the murder while on the way to Ryan Burn's residence.  Apparently Jodi informed Gus that Travis was dead.  No details.  However ... the next day Gus went on the Cancun trip with the Prepaid Legal gang and never informed anyone about Travis' death when others were wondering why he didn't come as planned.

Janet

+++++

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Aired February 14, 2013 - 19:00   ET

<snipped>

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Let`s run through the calendar. Jodi kills Travis on June 4 at about 5:30 in the evening. Gus, you say Jodi called you, hysterical, at about 3:30 in the morning on June 5, about ten hours after she killed him. His body is discovered a few days later, on June 4, but Jodi is not arrested until July 15, OK?

Now, you waited until July 15, more than a month, to contact police or try to call prosecutors? Why not dial 911 immediately after you hang up with Jodi?

SEARCY: Well, when I called her, I didn`t realize what had happened. All I knew is she said he was dead. And I said, "Do you know what happened?"

She said, "No."

And I said, "Are you OK?"

And she said yes.

I said, "Do you need a ride or anything?"

And she said, "No, I`m going to rent a car."

I said, "Well, let me know what happens." And...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Whoa, whoa. Did she call you or did you call her?

SEARCY: She called me. It was 3:30 in the morning.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK.

SEARCY: And the phone records will verify that.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. So now the body is not found until several days later. You`re a colleague of this victim, Travis Alexander. Obviously, everybody is going to know he`s missing. And then when they find his body, stabbed repeatedly, they`ve got to know somebody killed him. Why not call, like when they find the body and they`re looking -- actively looking for a killer?

SEARCY: Well, first off, you have to understand what was happening. If you recall, Travis was leaving the next day to go on a trip to Cancun. So was I. I actually left on that trip to go to Cancun. I was in Cancun for about a week.

I came back, and I wasn`t really following all of this. It wasn`t until I heard she was arrested is when I then called the D.A. Because before that, I didn`t know that -- I didn`t know anything. I knew she knew she had died. I didn`t know why. I hadn`t followed the case. And then when I heard she was arrested is when I called the D.A. and left a message. I didn`t say why I called. I said, "I have some information." And he never called -- they never called me back.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1302/14/ijvm.01.html

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/01/30/searcy-no-lawyer-handy?clusterId=1303#videoplayer

Why did Jodi Arias contact Gus Searcy following the murder prior to arriving at Ryan Burn's residence?  Why did she tell him that Travis was dead?  Why did Gus ... who was part of the Cancun gang ... who was friendly with the Hughes ... not inform anyone what Jodi told him?

Janet

+++++

DR. DREW

<snipped>

CHRIS HUGHES, TRAVIS ALEXANDER`S BEST FRIEND: Well, because of everything that we had observed up to that point. But yes, I get a phone call. I`m in Cancun. And Travis was supposed to meet us in Cancun. And I hadn`t heard from him. And I was nervous. And I kept calling him. And finally, his voicemail was full, and I said to my wife, I said, we`ve got to call the cops. You know, this is not like Travis.

And she said, well, call a friend. I called a friend. I said hey, go check on him. And that was at the same time that another group of friends were checking on him. And at four in the morning, yes, I get a phone call, said, hey, I`ve got bad news, Travis is dead. And immediately, I said Jodi did this. No question at all whatsoever.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1304/29/ddhln.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2009 on: April 30, 2013, 10:57:38 PM »

Hadn't seen this video and it's worth watching! Thanks for posting it. I, too, wish Chris had been allowed to explain those e-mails and talk a lot longer in court!

Tonight Dr. Drew did not afford Sky Hughes an opportunity to explain the emails.  She also was constantly cut off.

The emails?  Could it be that the Hughes disliked Jodi so much that they were attempting to convince Jodi to move on by falsely undermining Travis' character.

Janet

++++++

DR. DREW

HUGHES: That was April 2007. April-ish. It was around April 2007. So, it was a full year later that she killed Travis.

PINSKY: Now, set the record straight on that e-mail. Go.

HUGHES: Well, I`ll tell you this. I love that Ms. LaViolette did all the speaking for Chris and Skye Hughes. It`s just totally bogus, you know? And I`m so glad that I have this opportunity to set the record straight. Here`s the truth of the matter.

Jodi comes to our house unannounced, unannounced and is whining and complaining about Travis and, you know, lying about Travis and all of these things and we`re saying look, move on. If you`re not getting what you want, get out, you know?

<snipped>

HUGHES: It was outrageous, you know? And if the truth be told, if we could get those e-mails and read them, I retracted in that e-mail feed, I retracted the word abusive, because I said, you know what? That`s over the top. You know, we would say rough around the edges. He was the T-dog. That`s what we called him, you know?

And I -- it`s just crazy that they were able to take this one little sentence out of a long string of sentences, several e-mails back and forth and manipulate my words. And you know, we didn`t get called in to talk about that. You know, anyway, it`s just --

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1304/29/ng.01.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2010 on: May 01, 2013, 12:08:12 PM »

Didn't Sky Hughes say something like Travis had some information on Jodi and she thinks that is why she killed him?

Also, Sky Hughes said that Travis told her he couldn't leave Jodi because Jodi threatened to kill herself and he
did not want that on him if she followed through. That would make sense now as to why Travis let her in.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2011 on: May 01, 2013, 12:22:22 PM »

Didn't Sky Hughes say something like Travis had some information on Jodi and she thinks that is why she killed him?

Also, Sky Hughes said that Travis told her he couldn't leave Jodi because Jodi threatened to kill herself and he
did not want that on him if she followed through. That would make sense now as to why Travis let her in.

PINSKY: So, I want you to think about what I asked you before the break. What about this, whatever was there fighting about, it seems like, I understand, that there might have something Travis had on Jodi. What do you think that was and is that what led to the murder?

HUGHES: You know, I wish I had an answer. We`ve gone and we`ve wracked our brains. You know, we went through all the e-mails again. We went through the fight. And we just can`t figure it out. Jodi had done something very, very bad, very unforgivable. And this is -- it had to be worse than slashing tires, stealing journals, stealing rings, stalking him, like it was worse than that, because this is the first time that he -- I saw this kind of response from him.

And so, I don`t know what it was. It had to have been really bad. I do think that this led to her deciding that she was going to kill him because it was after this, you know, this happened on the 26th and on the 28th, the gun is stolen, and around that time, she asks Daryl for gas cans and then she tells Ryan that she`s going to be there the following week. And all of that seems to have happened right after this fight.

PINSKY: This fight where he says I`m going to tell the world about what you`ve done. And we don`t know what she had done. And now knowing her as we do, God only know what she had done.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1304/30/ddhln.01.html

And about the suicide stuff, I heard from Sky that Travis thought Jodi would commit suicide if they broke up. Sky told him that she was just saying that to keep him. She had no intention of committing suicide. However, Travis was still afraid she might do it.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2012 on: May 01, 2013, 12:30:25 PM »

DR. DREW
Aired April 30, 2013

<snipped>

LISA BLOOM, ATTORNEY: And you and your husband were best friends with him. You knew him so well. We know now that Jodi Arias killed him. The only question in this trial is why. You were there. You knew them. Why do you think she did it?

SKY HUGHES, TRAVIS ALEXANDER`S BEST FRIEND: You know, for years, I thought it was the Cancun trip, you know? And that, I think, motivated part of it. I think it was when he -- she really saw that he was moving on. He was making steps in his life to cut things off with her, to really move on with his life in a lot of ways.

And but as I -- you know, as things have unfolded and I`ve thought about that fight that they got in, you know, it was the first time that he really saw her, saw what we saw, you know, saw --

PINSKY: And, Sky, I want you to think about this -- I have to go to break, but I understand that you believe there might have been something he was going to reveal about Jodi. I want you to think about that and tell us after the break. We`ll be right back.

<snipped>

PINSKY: So, I want you to think about what I asked you before the break. What about this, whatever was there fighting about, it seems like, I understand, that there might have something Travis had on Jodi. What do you think that was and is that what led to the murder?

HUGHES: You know, I wish I had an answer. We`ve gone and we`ve wracked our brains. You know, we went through all the e-mails again. We went through the fight. And we just can`t figure it out. Jodi had done something very, very bad, very unforgivable. And this is -- it had to be worse than slashing tires, stealing journals, stealing rings, stalking him, like it was worse than that, because this is the first time that he -- I saw this kind of response from him.

And so, I don`t know what it was. It had to have been really bad. I do think that this led to her deciding that she was going to kill him because it was after this, you know, this happened on the 26th and on the 28th, the gun is stolen, and around that time, she asks Daryl for gas cans and then she tells Ryan that she`s going to be there the following week. And all of that seems to have happened right after this fight.

PINSKY: This fight where he says I`m going to tell the world about what you`ve done. And we don`t know what she had done. And now knowing her as we do, God only know what she had done.

HUGHES: Yes.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1304/30/ddhln.01.html

_____

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2013 on: May 01, 2013, 12:32:17 PM »

Dr. Robert Geffner, the defense's witness is on the stand this morning.

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2014 on: May 01, 2013, 12:33:44 PM »

I haven't seen the Sky interview yet but I think Chris must have also said a bit because I remember a convo about it recently. (Unless I saw a clip of Sky's interview??.. sometimes things get melded in my head)
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2015 on: May 01, 2013, 12:37:26 PM »

I haven't seen the Sky interview yet but I think Chris must have also said a bit because I remember a convo about it recently. (Unless I saw a clip of Sky's interview??.. sometimes things get melded in my head)

I just went and read Monday's transcript of Chris and he doesn't mention it.. It must have been either a clip or a promo I saw. Smile
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2016 on: May 01, 2013, 12:38:52 PM »

crazybabyborg
« Reply #2017 on: May 01, 2013, 12:40:48 PM »

Just a reminder for the link to watch live streaming:  http://www.wptv.com/generic/news/national/Jodi-Arias-trial-live-video

They're just going through Geffner's experience and education right now.  (YAWN)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2018 on: May 01, 2013, 12:42:54 PM »

WEDNESDAY, MAY 1, 2013

The Jodi Arias Trial - 9:00 AM PT - HLN

The Jodi Arias Trial - 9:00 AM PT - Live Video

http://www.wptv.com/generic/news/national/Jodi-Arias-trial-live-video

_____

crazybabyborg
« Reply #2019 on: May 01, 2013, 12:46:14 PM »

Wilmott is attempting to score points with the jury by honing in on the point that DeMarte referred to herself as "practicing" before she was licensed. I can't imagine that would be a big deal to anyone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.