March 19, 2024, 12:17:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial  (Read 1660814 times)
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #220 on: February 15, 2013, 11:08:40 AM »

JMO she is NOT going to get the Death Penalty.
 Also the extent of his injuries and different style reminds me of passion, revenge and anger... Not just stabbing an extreme amount of times out of fear but also to shoot in the head and slice the neck.. It wasn't an uncontrollable blackout type of killing (out of fear) there was thought behind the different methods.

Again JMO she lost it.. this was not self defense it was  a crime of  passion, revenge and anger

I didn't mean to ramble. Smile I don't know if she will get the death penalty but I also can't see them believing her defense that she was battered.

I think it's hard for people/juries to sentence people to death. I feel that though crimes like this shouldn't be compared.. certain types are more likely to get the death penalty (Like against children, serial killer, torture..) She comes close though.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #221 on: February 15, 2013, 01:15:15 PM »

In her sick mind she felt because she had degraded herself for him.  Even tho at this time she looked to enjoy it. When she found out she was good enough to tie up and play his games she was NOT good enough to take on vacation or marry. So she killed him.
She is sick you don't stab someone 29 times unless they hurt you.
 IMO she acted in  revenge and anger.
She aloud herself to be used, abuse, they tossed out.
 She said your not going to do this to me and stabbed him.
 I don't know what they will do with her.
 I don't  believe  Death. She is sick

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: February 15, 2013, 02:24:50 PM »

The handgun stolen from Jodi Arias' grandparents convinces me that the murder beyond brutal of Travis Alexander was not an act of rage ... it was calulated ... it was premeditation.

Janet

++++++

Jodi Arias Trial: Testimony resumes in Arizona boyfriend killing
February 11, 2013 4:49 PM

<snipped>

Arias testified last week in Phoenix about the volatile relationship that culminated with Alexander's death. Prosecutors claim Arias killed him in a jealous rage, stabbing and slashing him 27 times, slitting his throat and shooting him in the head. ....

Authorities say Alexander was shot in the head with a .25 caliber gun, the same caliber Arias' grandparents reported stolen from their Northern California home about a week before the killing.

<snipped>

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57568757-504083/jodi-arias-trial-testimony-resumes-in-arizona-boyfriend-killing/

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 22, 2013 - 20:00   ET

<snipped>

JEAN CASAREZ, "IN SESSION" (via telephone): Nancy, we`re learning some absolutely amazing things from a police incident report that we have just gotten hold of. On July 14th, when Mesa police detectives went to Yreka to arrest Jodi Arias, they found her at her grandparents` house.

They visually surveilled her from outside, and they could see inside that she was packing boxes and packing suitcases. They believed she was going to flee. They stayed there watching her. In time (ph) of that night, of July 14th, a car pulled up. She came outside to talk to a female person in the driver`s seat. They believe that was her mother. It was a lengthy conversation. It ended with Jodi going back into her grandparents` house, her mother driving off.

The next day, they found a brand-new shiny rental car outside of the grandparents` house. They subsequently arrested Jodi, executed a search warrant, and found in that rental car boxes of books of Jodi Arias`s. Intermingled amongst the books were two knives. In her suitcase was a box of .9-millimeter bullets, no gun.

Less than a month later, her mother was inquiring where the gun was that Jodi had hidden in the rental car. They traced the rental car at that point to San Francisco, California, and they found hidden in that car a .9- millimeter gun.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/22/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #223 on: February 15, 2013, 04:20:12 PM »

The handgun stolen from Jodi Arias' grandparents convinces me that the murder beyond brutal of Travis Alexander was not an act of rage ... it was calulated ... it was premeditation.

Janet

++++++

<snipped>

Arias testified last week in Phoenix about the volatile relationship that culminated with Alexander's death. Prosecutors claim Arias killed him in a jealous rage, stabbing and slashing him 27 times, slitting his throat and shooting him in the head. ....

Authorities say Alexander was shot in the head with a .25 caliber gun, the same caliber Arias' grandparents reported stolen from their Northern California home about a week before the killing.

<snipped>

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57568757-504083/jodi-arias-trial-testimony-resumes-in-arizona-boyfriend-killing/

NANCY GRACE

<snipped>

JEAN CASAREZ, "IN SESSION" (via telephone): Nancy, we`re learning some absolutely amazing things from a police incident report that we have just gotten hold of. On July 14th, when Mesa police detectives went to Yreka to arrest Jodi Arias, they found her at her grandparents` house.

They visually surveilled her from outside, and they could see inside that she was packing boxes and packing suitcases. They believed she was going to flee. They stayed there watching her. In time (ph) of that night, of July 14th, a car pulled up. She came outside to talk to a female person in the driver`s seat. They believe that was her mother. It was a lengthy conversation. It ended with Jodi going back into her grandparents` house, her mother driving off.

The next day, they found a brand-new shiny rental car outside of the grandparents` house. They subsequently arrested Jodi, executed a search warrant, and found in that rental car boxes of books of Jodi Arias`s. Intermingled amongst the books were two knives. In her suitcase was a box of .9-millimeter bullets, no gun.

Less than a month later, her mother was inquiring where the gun was that Jodi had hidden in the rental car. They traced the rental car at that point to San Francisco, California, and they found hidden in that car a .9- millimeter gun.

<snipped>

Totally agree
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #224 on: February 15, 2013, 04:53:54 PM »

I believe it was premeditated (in that she stole, brought gun, anticipated using it) but I still think it can be out of rage/anger/revenge also. I was mentioning those feelings as opposed to self defense or fear from being abused by him.

The overkill of what she did shows me it was more than she stole the gun and enacted her plan to go shoot him. If so then why not 1-3 fatal gunshot wounds... Why the excessive stab wounds and slicing of the throat? Isn't there even psychology behind the act of stabbing versus shooting... Especially multiple/excessive times?

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #225 on: February 15, 2013, 05:00:20 PM »

I believe it was premeditated (in that she stole, brought gun, anticipated using it) but I still think it can be out of rage/anger/revenge also. I was mentioning those feelings as opposed to self defense or fear from being abused by him.

The overkill of what she did shows me it was more than she stole the gun and enacted her plan to go shoot him. If so then why not 1-3 fatal gunshot wounds... Why the excessive stab wounds and slicing of the throat? Isn't there even psychology behind the act of stabbing versus shooting... Especially multiple/excessive times?

Not meaning to ask about the psychology without looking.. I did look quickly but found a lot of people asking why they want to stab people and then a PDF with images of a study of a stabbed individual with very vivid photos...
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #226 on: February 16, 2013, 10:41:00 PM »

The handgun stolen from Jodi Arias' grandparents convinces me that the murder beyond brutal of Travis Alexander was not an act of rage and was not an act of self-defence.  It was calulated ... it was premeditated revenge.  IMO

Janet

++++++

<snipped>

<snipped>

NANCY GRACE

<snipped>

<snipped>

Premeditation?

Jodi Arias Jury's Questions Suggest Doubt Over Investigation
Jan. 16, 2013

<snipped>

Arias requested an inconspicuous rental car for her road trip to kill ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander, flipped the license plates upside down, and returned it with "Kool-Aid"-colored stains and missing floor mats, prosecutors said in court today.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-jurys-questions-suggest-doubt-investigation/story?id=18229073

Jodi Arias Borrowed Gas Cans Day Before Killing Travis Alexander, Ex-Beau Says
Jan. 29, 2013

<snipped>

In cross examination, prosecutors also forced Arias' former live-in boyfriend Darryl Brewer to describe his sex life with Arias as "pretty aggressive."

Brewer, 52, dated Arias for four years and shared a home with her in California for two years. He told the court today that Arias called him in May 2008, asking to borrow gas cans, but would not explain why. She called him again at least two more times, and arrived at his house on June 2008, to borrow the cans.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-borrowed-gas-cans-day-killing-travis/story?id=18345450

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #227 on: February 17, 2013, 11:02:24 AM »

Borderline Personality Symptoms

She was full of rage a violent killing from love hate and betrayal.
How could he just move on when she did so much for him and put up with so much from him.
You don't stab someone 27 times without rage,love, hate.
the bullet was found lodged in his left cheek -- and that he had been stabbed 27 times. Someone had also cut his throat from ear to ear.

"[Arias] was totally obsessed with him," Alexander's close friend Sky Hughes told The Huffington Post. "She wouldn't let him go. Whenever he would try to sever all ties, she would threaten to kill herself ... He would tell her he didn't want anything to do with her, and she would show up at his house. We knew it was her. We didn't want it to be her, but [we] just knew it was."

How did she being so small have the straight to kill him unless she went insane.

Some of this was thought out and other parts were not she didn't use rubber gloves her DNA was everywhere.
Maybe because she was going to kill herself so she didn't care.
Why not just take the memory card out of the camera and destroy it she wasn't thinking straight.

For Jodi is was self-defense and that she was a victim of previous 'sexual and physical abuse' by Mr. Alexander."
Because it was going to be over and she couldn't let him go best in her mind to kill him.

Just saying

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #228 on: February 17, 2013, 02:18:08 PM »

JMO she is NOT going to get the Death Penalty.
 Also the extent of his injuries and different style reminds me of passion, revenge and anger... Not just stabbing an extreme amount of times out of fear but also to shoot in the head and slice the neck.. It wasn't an uncontrollable blackout type of killing (out of fear) there was thought behind the different methods.

Again JMO she lost it.. this was not self defense it was  a crime of  passion, revenge and anger
Yep probably true. How unfortunate since she is certainly deserving of it. No hint of abuse here. Stupid jury will probably buy it though &  a smack on the wrist is what she will get. Someday i hope people stop trying to make excuses for peoples evil behavior.
I wish I could disagree, but I don't.
excuses,excuses, excuses

kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #229 on: February 17, 2013, 05:47:06 PM »

Borderline Personality Symptoms

She was full of rage a violent killing from love hate and betrayal.
How could he just move on when she did so much for him and put up with so much from him.
You don't stab someone 27 times without rage,love, hate.
the bullet was found lodged in his left cheek -- and that he had been stabbed 27 times. Someone had also cut his throat from ear to ear.

"[Arias] was totally obsessed with him," Alexander's close friend Sky Hughes told The Huffington Post. "She wouldn't let him go. Whenever he would try to sever all ties, she would threaten to kill herself ... He would tell her he didn't want anything to do with her, and she would show up at his house. We knew it was her. We didn't want it to be her, but [we] just knew it was."

How did she being so small have the straight to kill him unless she went insane.

Some of this was thought out and other parts were not she didn't use rubber gloves her DNA was everywhere.
Maybe because she was going to kill herself so she didn't care.
Why not just take the memory card out of the camera and destroy it she wasn't thinking straight.

For Jodi is was self-defense and that she was a victim of previous 'sexual and physical abuse' by Mr. Alexander."
Because it was going to be over and she couldn't let him go best in her mind to kill him.

Just saying
I dont believe she ever had any intention of killing herself but had every intention of killing him if he wasnt willing to be with her. Its not like she snapped in an instant. She was full of resentment & hate because he was trying to move on.  a fatal attraction for him i think. Her size doesnt matter much if she caught him unaware & unsuspecting in the shower with his back turned to her. Who knows what weapon she used first or if she was holding both 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #230 on: February 17, 2013, 06:12:54 PM »

I dont believe she ever had any intention of killing herself but had every intention of killing him if he wasnt willing to be with her. Its not like she snapped in an instant. She was full of resentment & hate because he was trying to move on.  a fatal attraction for him i think. Her size doesnt matter much if she caught him unaware & unsuspecting in the shower with his back turned to her. Who knows what weapon she used first or if she was holding both

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #231 on: February 17, 2013, 06:33:03 PM »

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Jodi Arias Trial
Aired January 11, 2013 - 19:00   ET

<snipped>

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

BURNS: I complimented her on being very feisty and was kind of referring to she`s a lot stronger than she looks.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Were you able to see her stomach in terms of whether or not she was in shape?

BURNS: Yes. Close to a six pack, yes.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/11/ijvm.01.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #232 on: February 17, 2013, 07:54:25 PM »

It appears that Travis Alexander may not have been the initiator in regards to the "aggressive"  sexual relationship he had with Jodi Arias.  In other words ... if Jodi felt used ... she had only herself to blame.

To a large extent ... the expicit sexual recordings of Travis that was played as evidence by the defence are one sided.  In the rebuttal stage ... will the prosecutor be allowed to play Jodi's part in those cell phone communications.  She definitely is not as sweet and innocent as she attempts to portray.

Janet

+++++++

Jodi Arias Borrowed Gas Cans Day Before Killing Travis Alexander, Ex-Beau Says
Jan. 29, 2013

In cross examination, prosecutors also forced Arias' former live-in boyfriend Darryl Brewer to describe his sex life with Arias as "pretty aggressive."

Brewer, 52, dated Arias for four years and shared a home with her in California for two years.

<snipped>

Arias also converted to Mormonism while living with Brewer, telling him that he could no longer curse and she would no longer have sex with him because she was saving herself for marriage.

The pair had previously had an "enthusiastic" and "aggressive" sex life, Brewer admitted to prosecutors. They had engaged in anal sex, Arias had taken nude photos of Brewer, and Arias had purchased breast implants in 2006, he testified.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-borrowed-gas-cans-day-killing-travis/story?id=18345450

January 10, 2013 2:25 PM PrintText
Jodi Arias Trial Update: Arias' love interest describes behavior post-murder

Less than 24 hours after Jodi Arias brutally shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander, she was sexually aggressive and "acting normal" when she showed up to her new love interest's home in Utah.

That's according to testimony Wednesday by Ryan Burns, a young man whom the 32-year-old Arias had begun to show admiration for after meeting him at a conference in April of 2008.

Burns said that Arias planned a visit to Utah after weeks of phone calls and texts that were escalating into a long distance relationship. Within hours of the visit and less than 24 hours after  admittedly killing her ex, she was sharing a bed with Burns, he testified, kissing him and straddling him while making out.

<snipped>

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57563281-504083/jodi-arias-trial-update-arias-love-interest-describes-behavior-post-murder/

_____

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #233 on: February 18, 2013, 09:16:46 PM »

Janet
I agree with you! My only hope is that the jury sees through her wo is me rasas! I see where she was a willing participant a tease and her atty is on my last nerve! I hope martinez tears it all down and the jury will see her as a nympho tease aggressor.

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #234 on: February 18, 2013, 09:17:41 PM »

Not rasas but meant fascad.

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #235 on: February 18, 2013, 09:21:45 PM »

I think jodi got turned on by targeting these inexperienced Mormon men! She got off on teasing and teaching them! She was in the market for a Mormon husband. I don't think Travis was that sex experienced Neil she met him. She realy thought he would want to marry her! But Travis wanted more than sex in a future wife.

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #236 on: February 18, 2013, 09:23:15 PM »

She had alot of hate and resentment! Your so right

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Jodi Arias Trial
Aired January 11, 2013 - 19:00   ET

<snipped>

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

BURNS: I complimented her on being very feisty and was kind of referring to she`s a lot stronger than she looks.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Were you able to see her stomach in terms of whether or not she was in shape?

BURNS: Yes. Close to a six pack, yes.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/11/ijvm.01.html

Loca
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #237 on: February 19, 2013, 10:02:47 PM »

February 19, 2013 Tweets

https://twitter.com/vinniepolitan

3 hrs Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
A #JodiArias cliffhanger! Watch me on #InSession Wednesday as Arias FINALLY describes the moment she killed Travis Alexander

4 hrs Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
#JodiArias : Travis didn't like hair ...as nude photos displayed

5 hrs Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
Suddenly #JodiArias not remembering every detail... "To the best of my recollection" http://yfrog.com/h271158543j
 View photo

#JodiArias NOW talking about the day of the killing on #HLN

#JodiArias filled up her gas cans in Pasadena after getting Starbucks... She intended on heading to Utah from there...

#JodiArias just said she borrowed the gas cans because gas expensive in CA wanted cheaper gas in Utah and Nevada!!! OMGoodness WOW

6 hrs Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
#JodiArias says she did not even know her grandfather had a handgun...

#JodiArias says she was 15-20 minutes away from home when she learned of burglary at grandparents house where handgun was stolen

#JodiArias says she didn't bring a gun or knife with her on her "roadtrip"

#JodiArias speaking very quickly today as she describes her "roadtrip" http://yfrog.com/odsv5fzj
 View photo

#JodiArias finally talking about her "roadtrip" ...she rented the car 90 miles away because of a deal she got on PriceLine or Orbitz ...

#JodiArias testimony LIVE right NOW on #HLN

7 hrs Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
One word to describe the text fight between #JodiArias & #TravisAlexander?? We're talking about it now on @HLNMakingIt. #AskJodiArias

9 hrs Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
#JodiArias looks like a wreck today... Her Mom NOT in courtroom...I think 2day is the day... http://yfrog.com/nzb08cgj

11 hrs Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
is today the day #JodiArias FINALLY testifies about the day she killed Travis Alexander... join me at 3pm on #HLN to find out!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #238 on: February 20, 2013, 11:08:50 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1302/19/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

Jodi Arias Finally Speaks about Day of Murder

Aired February 19, 2013 - 19:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST: An extraordinary sex-drenched day in court. Jodi Arias paints a portrait of the very day she stabs and Travis Alexander, claiming Travis tied her up and performed a sex act on her, then had a temper tantrum, and then insisted on sex again in a forced manner that she claims she put up with to placate him. Will the jury buy it?

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

VELEZ-MITCHELL (voice-over): Tonight, the moment we`ve been waiting for. Jodi finally describing the day she brutally kills Travis Alexander. Does she admit or deny having a gun and a knife when she arrives at Travis` house on the day of his death? Will jurors buy anything that she says went on in this house of horrors?

Also, the defense rolls out angry texts from Travis calling Jodi a sociopath and the worst thing that ever happened to him. So why were they having sex just hours before she kills him? We`ll debate it with our expert panel, and we`re taking your calls.

JODI ARIAS, MURDER DEFENDANT: If I had it in me anywhere to kill him, the least I could have done was make it as humane as possible.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The defense calls Jodi Arias.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Miss Arias, please stand to be sworn.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: She could be sentenced to death.

ARIAS: If I hurt Travis, if I killed Travis, I would beg for the death penalty.

KIRK NURMI, JODI`S DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Were you scared?

ARIAS: Yes.

NURMI: When he swore at you?

NURMI: When he called you a whore?

NURMI: A slut?

NURMI: It says, and I quote, why don`t you have him (EXPLETIVE DELETED).

ARIAS: He attacked me. I was defending myself.

Started shaking again. Whenever he got mad it was like was like being in an earthquake.

NURMI: Was it your ultimate goal in life to be Mr. Alexander`s whore?

ARIAS: No.

NURMI: Did you want to feel like you were raped?

ARIAS: No. I felt bullied, like it was just miserable.

(via phone): We are creative. Seriously, they write novels about this stuff and it sells.

(on camera): I believe it`s something that comes from my faith, my religion, is that it`s commanded of us to forgive all people.

JUAN MARTINEZ, PROSECUTOR: The person who admitted to this killing sits in court today.

ARIAS: I`m not guilty. I didn`t hurt Travis.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, the moment of truth. It`s the dramatic explanation the jury has been waiting for in the Jodi Arias murder trial. Jodi breaks down as she testifies about having sex, lots of it, with Travis just hours before she kills him. She also talks about a graphic and kinky photo shoot and making a sex video.

Good evening. I`m Jane Velez-Mitchell coming to you live.

The beautiful 32-year-old photographer is accused of stabbing her ex- boyfriend 29 times, slicing Travis Alexander`s throat ear to ear all the way back to the spine, and shooting him in the head. And now she`s trying to prove she did it all in self-defense.

Jodi explained how, in the hours leading up to the killing, Travis tied Jodi up with a rope during a sex game. Pay attention to how she explains the existence of the knife that she ultimately used to stab Travis to death.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ARIAS: He wanted to tie me up again. He had done it before, and it didn`t work out. It was a decorative rope. I don`t know how to describe it. It was green and gold. He cut the rope. He measured it out somehow in the bathroom. He used one of the knifes from his knife block in his kitchen.

NURMI: So you`re naked, you`re tied to the bed, and, just so we`re clear, as well, are your legs bound or just your hands?

ARIAS: Just my wrists.

He wanted to give me oral sex.

NURMI: Miss Arias, is this hard for you to talk about?

ARIAS: I asked him to stop because he hadn`t shaved, and it was scratchy.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And then Jodi spoke about these raunchy triple-X- rated photos they took on Travis`s bed, like this one of Jodi wearing nothing but pigtails. Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

NURMI: Did you pose for that picture or did Travis suggest that that take place?

ARIAS: He suggested all the poses.

NURMI: Is that something you really wanted to do?

ARIAS: That was not my favorite part of the day. No, I didn`t want to do that.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Jodi spoke about the photos she took of Travis laying naked on the bed next to a bottle of KY and how he was proud of his sculpted body and even asked to get some photos of himself in the shower. She explained how the photos then led to the two of them making a homemade porno movie with her camera, which she says she quickly erased the porno.

Do you believe it? Is it a fantasy? Is it all lies? Maybe partially true. Call me: 1-877-JVM-SAYS, 1-877-586-7297.

Straight out to our own senior producer, Selin Darkalstanian, in Arizona. Selin, what a day. The one we`ve been waiting for. You were in court for this dramatic testimony. Take us there.

SELIN DARKALSTANIAN, HLN PRODUCER: Jane, after six days of Jodi on the stand, we are finally to the day where she actually murders him.

And I have to tell you, that jury has kind of been -- there`s been a little bit of Jodi fatigue with that jury. They weren`t taking notes. They were sitting back in their seats the past six days as she was giving us her life story and how she met Travis, et cetera, et cetera.

But as soon as she got to renting the car and driving down to Travis` house, they all sat forward. They started taking notes. They started paying attention.

For every excuse that Jodi gave today -- why were there gas cans in the car? Well, because she wanted to save money on gas. Why was her phone off? She lost her charger. For every single excuse she gave, those jurors were writing down all her excuses. And you have to wonder what are they going to make of all the excuses that she gave us today once they are in that jury room deliberating.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: You are absolutely right. Part of Jodi`s testimony today sounded like -- well, "Fifty Shades of Grey" is "Highlights" magazine compared to some of this stuff. She describes in graphic detail the final time she had sex with Travis, just after he had shown flashes of anger towards her, after he`d smashed a CD because it was scratched. Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

NURMI: You mentioned that you were bent over this desk. How did that happen? Did he push you down, or how did he get into that position?

ARIAS: Yes, he had my right arm and bent me over. He thrusted a few times and then started pulling my pants down.

NURMI: Based on that movement, did you believe that he wanted to have sex with you again?

ARIAS: Yes. I could feel that he had an erection.

NURMI: Did you want to have sex with Mr. Alexander?

ARIAS: Well, yes, actually, I did because it was better than him getting mad. I was actually relieved.

NURMI: You said you were relieved to find out that he just wanted sex. In your mind, what was the more damning alternative? What was the more concerning alternative to just having sex?

ARIAS: I didn`t want his anger to escalate to levels that it had in the past.

NURMI: Did he remove your pants? Did you remove your pants?

ARIAS: He just got them down, like, just past my butt, and I had -- I don`t know -- I didn`t have, like, jeans or anything on.

NURMI: OK. Does he ejaculate?

NURMI: Where?

ARIAS: On my back. My lower back.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: The theme here over and over again, Travis hot- tempered, potentially violent. Jodi, the submissive victim, just desperate to do anything, including have sex again and again to placate him. The question is, does the jury buy it?

Let`s bring in our expert panel to debate. We`ve got some pro- prosecution, some pro-defense. Want to keep it interesting. I wonder: either it`s all true or it`s all a lie or some of it is true and some of it`s fairy tale.

What say you, Jordan Rose, attorney right there in Phoenix, Arizona?

JORDAN ROSE, ATTORNEY: I say this is a different Jodi Arias than we`ve ever seen. She`s been a Chatty Cathy. She can`t stop talking about the details of her life, minuscule things she can remember.

And here today she goes dark. She`s a vacuum. She`s empty. She has no idea what happened that day. She remembers a color of a rope, and then the defense attorney puts up a rope and it`s a different color. I mean, she has -- absolutely these lies are going to come and bite her.

As Selin mentioned, the jury is taking copious notes, and the prosecution is just going to shove this right down her throat when they get up there to cross-examine her, which is why they are not objecting.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Jayne Weintraub, for the defense -- Jayne.

JAYNE WEINTRAUB, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: I have to tell you that the defense is between a rock and a hard place. And you have to remember that the defense is putting up what they feel is necessary as a foundation for the experts that they have that will be able to testify, and it`s balanced against keeping the jury interested and, unfortunately, through these graphic and yet sometimes boring details. It`s a balance. They must...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Honey, it`s not boring. You can call it whatever you want. I`ll testify. Put a polygraph on me. It`s anything but boring.

We`re hearing about some of the raunchiest sex. I mean, a friend of mine came back from a trip, turned on my show and said, "Where`s the porno music?" OK, this is graphic stuff. It ain`t boring. I`ll disagree with you on that one.

Gloria Allred, here`s the thing. I think people get invested in stories, just like they get invested in relationships. I think it all boils down to whether jurors have decided to invest, subconsciously and emotionally, in her story or they`ve decided to reject her and what she represents. Your thoughts, Gloria.

GLORIA ALLRED, VICTIMS` RIGHTS ATTORNEY: Yes, Jane, I think, you know, the good news for Jodi Arias is that she`s taken the witness stand, because the jury always likes to hear from the defendant. Usually doesn`t get a chance in a case where they`re charged with murder.

The bad news for Jodi Arias is that she took the witness stand, because now she`s going to be called to account for each and every answer that she gives. And if the jury thinks that she`s lying about some or even lying about not being able to recollect what happened on that fateful and tragic day, they`re really going to be angry at her, and especially because they had to be put through so much of the sex. And as much as some of them might like to hear about it, the fact that the decedent is the one that engaged in it could really make them very angry at her.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Oh, I know. It could ruin the sex life of all the jurors. It`s like a busman`s holiday, having sex after hearing this for, I don`t know how many weeks.

Esther Penn (ph), only two people knew what happened in that room, and all this raunchy stuff she`s describing, there`s -- the only person who could dispute it is dead.

ESTHER PENN (PH): That`s right. That`s right. But I agree with Jayne. This case, what she is doing on the stand is getting -- is giving her whole life story, a lot of her whole life story, her entire life story, but it`s to allow the jurors to connect with her.

Let`s not forget there are two phases to this trial. There`s the guilt phase and the mitigation, the death phase.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And if she`s convicted...

PENN (PH): Correct.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: If it`s a hung jury, we`ll continue this debate on the other side, playing more of the extraordinary, extraordinary testimony in court today. Stay right there.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: How did you meet him?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I met him through the church.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: You and Travis, did you meet at church?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Yes, we did.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And this was in Las Vegas?

ARIAS: At the MGM Grand. He stopped right in front of me and stuck his hand out and introduced himself.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ARIAS: He picked it up, and he flung it at the wall. And it ricocheted off the wall and rolled onto the -- off the desk and landed on my head and hit the carpet.

I was going to apologize, and he had stood up. The chair got pushed to the side, and he spun me around and bent me over the desk and pressed up against me. He grabbed both of my arms, spun me around, and then grabbed my right arm and twisted it behind my back.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: There she is describing just hours or even less before she killed Travis Alexander, painting him as the aggressor, saying, oh, she brought him some CDs and they didn`t work right, and he flung the CD and went out of control.

Jon Lieberman, HLN contributor, "Searching for Justice" on AOL. She`s really turning the tables and trying to present him as the aggressor, and he`s not here to dispute that. Is this a win for Jodi Arias?

JON LIEBERMAN, HLN CONTRIBUTOR: Well, no. I don`t think it is a win, Jane, because she`s making many assertions that are simply uncorroborated. They`re not corroborated by the evidence. They`re not corroborated by other witnesses.

Let me give you some examples. She continues to assert that Travis was a pedophile, that he liked little kids, but there`s been no evidence presented to support that. And if he was a pedophile, then why did she continue to text him, have sex with him, drive hundreds of miles to go see him? You have that whole issue.

Then if you look at the day of the murder, Jane, she had several different opportunities to get out of that house if she truly felt that her life was in danger. If she truly felt that Travis was angry enough over the scratched CDs or whatever to, in fact, kill her or put her life in danger, she had many opportunities to leave. In fact, she packed up her car with her bag that she was carrying and then she comes back into the house and they have sex again and take more pictures. It just defies any realm of plausibility, her story here.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, of course, they have an explanation for everything, and they say, essentially, after a day of kinky marathon sex, including an angry sexual encounter in Travis` office, Jodi claims she wanted to leave his house on a good note. That`s why she stuck around, to just try to make sure it would all smooth over. Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

NURMI: After he bent you over, (EXPLETIVE DELETED) on your back, you go to the bathroom to clean up. You`re still looking for a way to end the trip on a good note.

ARIAS: I wanted us to part ways on a positive note.

NURMI: What did that mean to you?

ARIAS: It meant him leaving not angry and me leaving not crying.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Dave Hall, you are Travis Alexander`s dear friend. He`s not here to speak for himself. Soap operas always end with cliffhangers so that people come back the next day. This is highly orchestrated. They end right before the two of them go into the bathroom, which is where the killing occurs.

Do you think this is sort of orchestrated plastic testimony that is contrived to elicit a specific reaction on the part of jurors?

DAVE HALL, TRAVIS ALEXANDER`S FRIEND: Well, I definitely feel a lot of it is contrived. And Jodi is going to have a hard time explaining the facts when Juan Martinez gets ahold of her.

I mean, her testimony today about the knife, first of all, the rope never did appear that she talks about being tied up with. But then, when asked where did she -- where did Travis put the knife, she said either on the nightstand or down in the bathroom. Well, the bathroom is about 30 feet away from where the bed is, and conveniently, it may end up there. When he lunges at her, it was just right there.

But I mean, who is, in their right mind, tying up their girlfriend for a sexual liaison, and then walks 30 feet down the hallway to place a knife and come back? It just doesn`t make sense.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right, on the other side of the break we`re taking your calls, and we`re going to analyze what Dave just talked about, this claim that, "Oh, he tied me up and he strung out the rope all the way to the bathroom so he could cut the length of the rope." Do you buy it? On the other side.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ARIAS: They made me feel sexy, they made me feel attractive. So I stayed on the phone with him.

(via phone): I`m game for, like, almost everything you come up with.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: These were two consenting adults. She not only encouraged it. She loved it. She talked dirty back to him. She said, "Oh, you`re so bad but I love it."

ARIAS: You`re bad. You make me feel so dirty. I didn`t feel very good. I kind of felt like a used piece of toilet paper.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ARIAS: "I don`t want your apology. I want you to understand what I think of you. I want you to understand how evil I think you are. You are the worst thing that ever happened to me. You are a sociopath. You only cry for yourself. You have never cared about me, and you have betrayed me worse than any example I could conjure. You are sick and you scammed me."

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: That`s Jodi Arias on the stand reading texts or e- mails purportedly from Travis Alexander, calling her a sociopath, the worst thing that`s ever happened to him. But then they`re having sex a few short weeks later. There`s a lesson in all of this.

Let`s go to the phone lines.

Stacy, Connecticut, your question or thought. Stacy, Connecticut.

CALLER: Hi, Jane, fantastic show.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Thank you.

CALLER: I think she`s a master manipulator and bring in his religion and his age, you know, he`s like a kid in a candy store when it comes to sex. She`s available. OK? If she didn`t like it, walk away, like any normal woman would or man if they were in an abusive relationship.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, Jeff Gardere, forensic psychologist, at the heart of this defense is kind of a sexist attitude: that women are more likely to perhaps be under the mind control of a man and that women have less opportunity to say, "Hasta La Vista, baby. I`m out of here." And I don`t buy that necessarily.

JEFF GARDERE, FORENSIC PSYCHOLOGIST: Well, I think what`s going on here is, you`re right, and they are going to try to make a case without calling it this, a battered woman`s syndrome, that she was under his thumb. Psychologically he was controlling her.

But what we all need to understand is, if you`re going to take that kind of defense, you also have to prove that she was trapped and unable to get out of the relationship, that the mind control, the physical control was so overwhelming she had nowhere to turn to.

But yet, we know that there were many, many opportunities for her get away, that she actually did get away, and she came back.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes.

GARDERE: At the heart of this, he treated her like she was a piece of garbage, but she didn`t have to kill him.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. Well, a very good point.

Beth Karas, correspondent, "In Session." While they are having all these difficult texts and arguing on texts, and then she goes and visits him. This is around the same time that he`s telling friends that he`s being stalked by her, tire slashing, weird -- weird things happening.

Is there a disconnect between what`s happening on the texts between the two of them and these claims of stalking?

BETH KARAS, CORRESPONDENT, TRUTV`S "IN SESSION": The text messages we heard today, Jane, were a little bit after that time period. The tire slashings were December 2007. Weird things, January, February 2008. And now we`re talking April and May. Although I guess there was a text from March that was testified to today.

But still, all of these weird things happening and the slashings predated all this. They still had phone sex two or three times after that. She still moves away. She says she feels liberated, like she`s getting oxygen for the first time in a long time, being away from him, but she`s drawn back to him.

And she still says she trembles like a Chihuahua when he`s getting angry with her on the telephone, a thousand of miles away. So it has to be explained by the experts; otherwise, it doesn`t make sense.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And I wonder if the reason why the prosecution didn`t stress the stalking aspect of her alleged behavior is that, well then, the defense could come along and show all these texts they shared, like who shares texts with somebody who`s stalking them? Who invites somebody who`s being stalked? You don`t invite your stalker over to the house, right?

So could that be, very quickly, Beth Karas, the reason why we didn`t - - the jurors didn`t hear about the stalking behavior?

KARAS: Well, the judge definitely precluded the tire slashing. They heard a little bit about -- just a little bit, knock on the door and how she showed up once at the house.

But stalking is actually a crime, so it would be evidence of an uncharged crime, and it may be a little -- judged either probative, prejudicial weighing, and decided that tire slashing is too close to slashing of the throat. She wielded a knife too much, would be the argument. If she slashed a tire, if she slashed a throat, even though she`s admitting to it. Too prejudicial, so the judge apparently didn`t allow that. She did allow a little bit of the stalking.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. More debate on the other side. Incredible moments from court today.

And at the top of the hour, Nancy Grace talks to a friend of Travis Alexander`s in court today. That`s at 8 on the other side. We`re going to play you and analyze the tying up incident where she conveniently puts the knife in the bathroom.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

NURMI: Did you break into your grandparents` house to steal this gun?

ARIAS: No.

NURMI: Did you orchestrate or have someone else break into your grandparents` home to steal the gun?

ARIAS: No, I did not.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JODI ARIAS, ON TRIAL FOR MURDER OF TRAVIS ALEXANDER: I felt bullied, like, it was just miserable.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: When he swore at you?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: When he called you a whore?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: A slut?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Were you scared?

ARIAS: Yes. You purposely try to ruin every day. It seems you`re getting good at it.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: After tomorrow it`s going to get really bad for you -- time to spit it out.

ARIAS: Whenever he got mad it was like being in an earthquake.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Why don`t you have him come (EXPLETIVE DELETED) you in the woods.

ARIAS: And the little red riding hood thing that he wanted to do. I`ll give you motivation to quit screwing with me. I was just living in this fog, this -- almost like a suicidal fog.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Put it in your (EXPLETIVE DELETED).

ARIAS: I was making a string of bad choices during that time in my life.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HLN HOST: It`s the day we`ve all been waiting for, day seven of Jodi Arias on the stand, and she finally gets around to the day she killed Travis Alexander.

But they left it with a cliffhanger of her just about to go into the bathroom with Travis where the actual killing occurs. Today they described all the sex they had right before she killed him and, boy, did they have a lot of sex. They had sex twice. One she endured, she said, was almost forced sex, kind of like a rape. She was going along to placate him, but she also went along with being tied up.

Listen to that and pay attention to how she conveniently places the knife in the bathroom where she ends up using it. Check it out.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ARIAS: He wanted to tie me up again. He had done that once before and it didn`t work out. It was like a decorative rope. I don`t really know how to describe it. It was green and gold. He cut the rope. He measured it out somehow in the bathroom. He used one of the knives from his knife block in the kitchen.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: So you`re naked and you`re tied to the bed. And, just so we`re clear as well, are your legs bound or just your hands?

ARIAS: Just my wrists. He wanted to give me oral sex.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Miss Arias, is this hard for you to talk about?

ARIAS: I asked him to stop because he hadn`t shaved and it was scratchy.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Oh, dear. Well, it`s not like there`s no corroboration. We warn you these are explicit photos but they were introduced into evidence and they were shown again today by the defense particularly photos of her. In other words the defense point, take a look at these photos, if he`s taking photos like this of Jodi Arias is it such a leap to imagine him tying her up.

They did show a tiny little piece of rope about this big it looked like at the foot of the stair. But the long rope she describes, never found. Where did it go? Did it just vaporize? Let`s debate it with our expert panel.

Jon Leiberman, people might have a gut reaction to all this like, uh, this is disgusting. He tied her up. He forced her to have sex. He bleeped on her back -- yada, yada, yada. But is it advancing her case that she killed him in self-defense?

JON LEIBERMAN, HLN CONTRIBUTOR: Well, it all depends. I mean this time period, the setting up of the road trip and the getting to the house and the knife and gun is key to prove premeditation. So is it helping her self-defense? I mean clearly she said today, she acknowledges there are many gaps in her memory from that day. She can`t remember if the knife was left in the bathroom or if the knife was left by the bedside table.

So I think Mr. Martinez on cross is going to have a field day with this having to do with the knife, the fact that the large piece of rope was never found. The fact that the gun was never found. I mean, all of that is yet to come. We have to hear tomorrow the exact moments of what happened in the moments before she killed him.

(CROSSTALK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Jayne Weintraub -- defense?

JAYNE WEINTRAUB, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Premeditation can be -- legally, premeditation can be formulated the second it takes to formulate the intent, "I`m going to kill him". It could be literally within one minute of the killing. It doesn`t have to be a broad scheme, that`s number one.

Number two, of course there`s no corroboration, Jon. You know, people don`t get raped in front of other people either. That doesn`t mean that someone wasn`t raped.

And lastly, the thing that I want to say, you know, people, to disbelieve her outright at this point means that women aren`t really victimized. It means that there really isn`t --

(CROSSTALK)

LEIBERMAN: No, that`s not true at all. Why didn`t she tell the truth to police in the beginning? She never mentioned any of this to police.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, Gloria Allred, you`ve defended so many women and you are a victim`s rights, a female victim`s rights advocate. Is she basically ruining a chance for any woman who is truly a battered woman to make her case, or is she a battered woman and is psychological and sexual degradation part of battery?

GLORIA ALLRED, VICTIMS` RIGHTS ATTORNEY: Can the producers hear me? There`s no sound.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Well, I`ll throw it to Jordan Rose.

JORDAN ROSE, ATTORNEY: She`s not a battered woman. She is a crazy woman trying to make every excuse to allow her to have some hope of hanging this jury up. I mean you listen to her and her demeanor -- I would lose my faith in humankind if these jurors believed anything this woman spouts out. She talks about today how tying her up wasn`t the funnest part of her day. That`s how she in a just normal monotone voice, tying her up wasn`t the funnest part of her day.

She slaughtered the guy later and she talks about it this way. I mean I can`t believe that the jury would not see through all of these lies and they`re taking notes in their memories. There`s no way this woman --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well Esther, here is the thing, though. There is some corroboration in the sense they took dirty photos of each other. He took graphic photos of her private areas, so graphic we can`t show you. But they`re gynecologically graphic.

ESTHER PANITCH, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: That`s right. He was degrading her sexually and psychologically. And to say that she`s not a battered woman, he`s stalking her from afar with these text messages. He`s using this push and pull. He knows what draws her in and what makes her feel dirty and low, and he continues to do it.

I`ve defended battered with women who have killed their abuser. And this is not all that different from the cases that I`ve had. To say that she doesn`t remember the detail about the rope -- she was traumatized. She just -- whether it was self-defense in that moment or whether --

LEIBERMAN: She was so traumatized she had to make up three different stories to police?

(CROSSTALK)

PANITCH: It could have been based on years of abuse. It doesn`t have to be a straight self-defense from that night. That`s what differentiates straight self-defense from the battered woman`s syndrome.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Everybody is afraid to talk. We love arguing. Go ahead. And I want to defer to Gloria Allred. We lost her hearing for a second. She`s back. Weigh in, Gloria.

ALLRED: Well, I think it`s really going to be about what was reasonable at the time that she alleges that she was attacked by Travis. Was it reasonable for her to be in fear for her life -- that harm was going to be done to her? And that`s going to be a real uphill climb.

And I guess we`re going to have to wait for tomorrow to see whether she would have feared him, whether it`s reasonable to believe that she would have. That, again, is going to be the foundation for the expert opinion.

WEINTRAUB: I agree with Gloria Allred, and that might be a first.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. And, Jordan Rose, ten seconds.

ROSE: You can`t go killing somebody because your boyfriend is a jerk to you. I mean he may be a jerk. He may ask her to do stomach goofy things they may be really inappropriate. But she has to fear for her life and have a reasonable relationship with that. There`s no proof of that.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: More on the other side.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ARIAS: I felt bullied, like it was just miserable. He would be nice and then he would be mean and then he would be nice and then mean. Whenever he got mad it was like being in an earthquake.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Were you scared?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: When he swore at you?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: When he called you a whore?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: A slut?

ARIAS: Yes. He was apologetic and he was nicer.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Is there any way to tell when Jodi is telling the truth and when she is making stuff up? She was very believable in terms of just acting when she is telling cops ninjas broke in, when she`s telling cops she wasn`t there at all. Now she is saying, yes, she was there, and Travis had a temper tantrum. How can we tell when she`s lying?

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

ARIAS: I thought he looked cute sitting there at the computer and he was watching really dumb videos. He was just sitting there so I just stood in the doorway looking at him for a minute. And Napoleon was laying down, so he didn`t really notice me at first. And then after standing there for maybe like 30 seconds, 45 seconds, a minute, Napoleon noticed me, barked, and I came over and petted him. That`s when Travis turned around.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: She lost me right there because as everybody knows, I have Chihuahuas and they never notice me. They notice me a block before I get home is when they notice. Not when they turn around and see me.

Let`s go to the phone lines. Lori, Texas -- your question or thought. Lori?

LORI, TEXAS (via telephone): Hi, yes. I just find it strange that for six or seven days she has been on stage -- I mean the stand and she`s been able to look at the jury and make eye contact. I mean she can read them the McDonald`s menu. But when it comes to the question about her grandmother`s house and the gun being stolen, she turns her head. She doesn`t look at the jury. She puts her eyes down and says one word, "No". That`s a lie -- period.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes, I think you raise an excellent point. Listen, she has a real big problem, Dave Hall, Travis` dear friend -- and that is the gun. She has explained away the knife, if you believe her, that he tied her up and that`s why he had a knife cutting rope. But how the heck is she going to explain that gun especially when she didn`t cop to staging a burglary at her grandparents` house, which you know, it`s pretty suspicious that a gun with the same caliber that was used to kill Travis Alexander was stolen from her grandpa`s house a week before and we`ve never found the murder weapon?

DAVE HALL, FRIEND OF TRAVIS ALEXANDER: You know what, you`re right, Jane. I was really hoping that today we would hear her story. It`s going to top the ninja story by far where this mysterious gun came from because I`m a certified trainer with the NRA. I have dozens of guns. I`ve been out shooting with Travis many, many times. He always borrows my guns.

I went at his house about a week before the murder and stayed there for an entire week working. He never showed me any guns. If he had a gun, if he finally bought a gun, he would have bragged to me and said, hey, I finally bought my first gun. Check this out.

A .25 caliber is a worthless gun. It`s not good for self-defense. It`s too small to do the job. I never would have encouraged him to buy a .25 caliber gun. He didn`t buy a gun. Jodi brought that gun into the house.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes, but the problem with what you`re saying is you`re not on the stand telling the jurors all this information. You know, I wonder, and I`ll throw it out to our panel.

Esther Panitch, is this gun -- you`re for the defense -- is this gun going to be a problem or can she just concoct a story and say Travis decided to get one and there it was?

PANITCH: Well, she`s going to have to say something. And if she pulls this I don`t remember stuff, it`s not going to get her very far. So there will be some explanation. I don`t know what it`s going to be but, yes, it is a problem.

She has to explain in the process of over-killing him or killing him five or six times, she has to explain where the gun came from and how he ended up with a bullet in his head. So she`s really going to have to explain it.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Jordan Rose, I was totally shocked that she didn`t cop -- I thought she was going to own the burglary and say, yes, I wanted to kill myself because remember how she talked about the reason no jury is ever going to convict me is that I wanted to kill myself. She`s already established the suicidal stuff. I thought she would just cop to that, say yes I brought the gun and I was going to use it because I was scared of Travis and I might have decided to kill myself on this trip, too. But she didn`t do that.

WEINTRAUB: And that would have been easy for her to do but she didn`t.

ROSE: I agree. I thought that`s where -- I actually thought that`s where it was going to go. And you know, it`s interesting because she can remember that her grandparents had rifles but, no, they didn`t have a pistol. And the fact that the pistol was stolen just very recently, it just doesn`t make any sense.

But I agree, I think she made a misstep in her lies. She is concocting this web and it`s very difficult for her to follow and I hope it`s difficult for the jurors as well. But yes, it could have gone with the suicide and that made some sort of sense but it didn`t.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Gloria Allred, do you think she is going to come up with a believable story for this gun? Remember, the sky is the limit. Nobody is there to refute the story. She could concoct a story that nobody could corroborate or not.

ALLRED: Well, she can concoct a story and if there is no corroboration, the jury may decide they`re not going to believe it. You asked a question, Jane, how do we know if she`s lying? It`s the old line, some people may feel they know she`s lying when her lips are moving and that could be it.

Also I`m very concerned. She is sitting here testifying about the time period just right before Travis is killed, and there`s no emotion. It`s a very flat affect. I mean is she suddenly going to break down at the time that she alleges that she is being attacked? You know, all of this it just seems too contrived, too cute by half, too planned, too scripted.

I have a problem. I don`t think -- I think the jury, many of them, are not going to believe her.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, we`ll have to see. More on the other side. That`s why we debate it.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: When he punched it, did that frighten you?

ARIAS: I mean I think something had crossed the back of my mind but he had been nice so I wasn`t overly concerned about it. But he could punch it and send it flying a few feet over across the tile and essentially he would follow it around the room and he could punch it that way and it just kept moving and moving and moving.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What do you mean something in the back of your mind?

ARIAS: Because he`s very strong.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Time for "Pet o` the Day". Send your pet pics to hlntv.com/jane. Doc Holiday -- where you been, Doc? Oh, Sinny -- you`re an angel as far as I`m concerned. And Puggles -- and he`s sitting on a ruggles. Oh, I just love Puggles. Look at this two -- Sophie and Hank hanging out in the backyard. Way to go. Way to party, dudes.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ARIAS: What a stupid idiot I was. It felt awkward. He got a new camera that he was excited about and wanted to play around with it.

Travis didn`t like hair. He didn`t even like it on his own body. He seemed a little bit thrilled.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: A little bit thrilled, is that what you said?

ARIAS: He seemed really into it. Yes, he wanted to get a picture of us having sex without somebody holding the camera, so he told me to put it on timer.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: It seems that Jodi Arias gets particularly emotional when it involves embarrassing photos of herself up on the big screen. Selin Darkalstanian, you`re in the courtroom, is that when she stops being flat?

SELIN DARKALSTANIAN, HLN PRODUCER: Exactly. When she starts talking about certain things she goes really into detail. We`ve seen it before. She almost gives too much detail when she talks about certain aspects. But then when we start getting into near the murder or, you know, the sex photos her voice goes down to a whisper. You can barely hear her. She starts looking down, starts crying right on cue. Her attorney has to tell her to please speak up, please look up.

Those are the times she gets emotional. Although there was one day in court last week when she did start crying; her face was puffy, she had red eyes. That was the day that we heard the phone conversation between her and Travis. That day she really broke down, almost like remembering what could have been or what was.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: On the other side of the break we`ll talk to a psychologist about what the jurors want to see from her tomorrow when she describes the actual killing -- 29 stab wounds, slit throat, shot to the face. Next.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok. You`ve got to make sure to join us tomorrow at 7:00 p.m. Eastern right here because it`s the big day when she actually goes into the bathroom and describes how she stabbed Travis Alexander 29 times, slit his throat right down to the spine, and shot him in the face. How is she going to explain that away? And Jeff Gardere, what will she do likely emotionally?

JEFF GARDERE, PSYCHOLOGIST: All right. First of all, she can`t be ambivalent. It can`t be about it would have been better if I wasn`t tied up or I didn`t have sex, I would have been relieved. She is going to have to be in the moment, prove to these people that she was in fear, in desperation and was fighting for her life.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I agree with you. I think she has been too blase. And if she wants to save herself, she`s got to up the ante. We`ll see.

Nancy Grace, next.

END

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: February 20, 2013, 11:17:02 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1302/19/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE

Jodi Arias Gets to Day of Murder

Aired February 19, 2013 - 20:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JODI ARIAS, CHARGED WITH MURDER: Whenever he got mad, it was like -- it was like being in an earthquake. Like, it starts and you don`t now how long it`s going to last or how bad it`s going to get. He would get angrier and start -- maybe that he would continue to swear at me in text messages.

"You stressing me out on a daily basis is getting really freaking old. You cry over everything and you dump countless bullcrap on me. Bitter feelings are brewing in me towards you. I`m sick of having days ruined by you. If it keeps up, I fear I will have a genuine dislike for you. I`m asking you before it gets to that to stop doing it before I start seeking revenge."

"I don`t ever want to get another freaking text from you again or a call unless it`s an apology and a thank you for constantly having to take on your never-ceasing problems, not one freaking more. I`m trying to save my house, build a business amid so much conflict, and you don`t care about anything that doesn`t involve you. It`s very upsetting and I`m tired of it."

It was just -- I felt bullied. Like, it was just miserable.

"If he knew what I knew about you, he`d spit in your face. So would everyone else."

He wanted me to text it, but I didn`t want to talk about his issues in text messages.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What do you mean "his issues"?

ARIAS: His -- his sexual attraction to children.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You were hoping to avoid his anger about you dating or seeing other men, is that right?

ARIAS: Yes. By this point, it was just pure wrath (ph).

(END VIDEO CLIP)

NANCY GRACE, HOST: I`m Nancy Grace. I want to thank you for being with us.

Bombshell tonight. After Jodi Arias drags murder victim Travis Alexander through the mud, claiming he was a pedophile, with no one in court to challenge it, we learn Arias in the weeks before his murder buys a gun, dyes her hair, tape-records herself luring Travis into phone sex.

In the last hours, Arias continues the attack on murder victim Travis Alexander, using hand-picked text messages to paint him as the aggressor, part of the build-up to justify Travis`s brutal murder. She shot him, stabbed him, slashes his throat. After days and days of innocuous babble on the stand from Arias, finally she addresses why we`re all here, the day of the murder.

Liz, go straight in the courtroom, please.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: ... to his wrath or anger, is that right?

ARIAS: That would be accurate, yes.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK. So after he thrusts against you, based on what you told us before, you don`t say, No, don`t do this, right?

ARIAS: No, I didn`t object.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK. What did he then do?

ARIAS: We had sex again.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Did he remove your pants? Did you remove your pants?

ARIAS: He just got them down just past my butt. I had -- I don`t know -- I didn`t have, like, jeans or anything on.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK. Does he ejaculate?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Where?

ARIAS: On my back, my lower back.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What`s that?

ARIAS: On my lower back.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You mentioned him de-stressing through this process. Did that then relieve you, to some degree, thinking that this was over?

ARIAS: What was over?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: His anger?

ARIAS: Yes. I was very relieved. I felt like we avoided catastrophe.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Catastrophe being what?

ARIAS: Just it leading to another fight.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: What you are seeing right now is leading up to the killing, the hours, the minutes before the killing. She is describing how she says Travis Alexander was in a very angry mood, and she is de-stressing him by having sex with him.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ARIAS: Yes. In that moment, yes.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You weren`t able to avoid a fight the rest of that day, were you. Is that a yes or a no?

ARIAS: No. I mean, no, I was not able to avoid it.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK. After he ejaculates on your back...

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Everybody, it has been quite a day in the courtroom today. Out to you, Matt Zarrell. We`ve been watching. She`s finally gotten up to the day of the murder. But I swear, Matt, I think her lawyers, and maybe even her, are watching our show because every night that we say, Hey, how are they going to explain X, Y or Z, they go right up on the stand and try to explain X, Y and Z.

For instance, she`s claiming that this man she`s been trying to marry is a pedophile, that she caught him masturbating to pictures of little boys in underwear that she called pornography. But now she`s saying she didn`t want to put that in a text message, so we`ve only her word for it now at trial that she continued a relationship with a man she claims is a pedophile.

She talks about the gas can. She talks about why she turned her cell phone off as she entered the jurisdiction. She`s trying to clear up everything that we brought up.

MATT ZARRELL, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Yes, Nancy, you`re right. And particularly with Travis Alexander, she tries to play the concerned friend, that she said that she was only communicating with Travis to help him with his pedophilia. Then she goes on to give these explanations that defy description about why she rented the car, why she wanted a red car. She actually testified, Nancy, that she did not want a red car because she heard don`t rent a red car because it gets pulled over by police.

GRACE: You know, another thing, when you were saying that she explained why she rented a red car, (SIC) why she got gas cans, as opposed to leaving a trail at gas stations as she went to murder Travis Alexander, what was her explanation about that?

ZARRELL: Well, the gas cans was very interesting, Nancy, because she claimed it was because of money, that gas cans in California -- that getting gas in California is so expensive that she needed to stock up on gas cans and fill up in Nevada and Utah during her trip. However, Nancy, in southern California, she filled up on gas.

GRACE: So she says she got all the gas cans, filled them up, drove around with a tank full of gas so she wouldn`t have to fill up in California because of gas prices, but then she did fill up? Was that after the murder she filled up?

ZARRELL: No, Nancy, that was before the murder. She filled up in Pasadena on June 3rd, right before driving to Mesa, Arizona, to see Travis Alexander.

GRACE: In court, long lead-up to the testimony regarding the murder. And once again, she fills the void with sex talk. But this is one thing that we picked up on, and I want you to be the judge of it. Liz -- she told us -- and she never went to the doctor, she never went to a nurse, she was never treated -- that she broke her finger during a confrontation, a physical confrontation with the victim. She never told a soul.

Look at this video. Liz, let`s see the video of her in court when she`s not really focusing on her finger. She`s using the finger normally. Let`s see the rest of the video that we have. Now, this is in stark contrast to holding the finger up in front of the jury when she describes the physical confrontation.
Now, look. Look. Now, that`s when she claims that the finger was broken. But if you notice, in other testimony during all these proceedings, the finger looks normal.

Liz, let`s also -- yes, I want to also show -- there you go. You read my mind, Liz. Thank you. This is a photo posted after she claims her finger was broken by the murder victim, Travis Alexander. Here`s another picture she posted after she claims her finger was broken by Travis Alexander. Another -- they just keep on coming! All of these are posted after she claims he broke her finger, January 2008. We`ve got tons of them.

The point is, I wonder if the prosecution is going to use this. Finally, after days of innocuous babble, she`s finally leading up to the day of the murder of Travis Alexander.

Out to Bonnie Druker, joining me. Everybody`s camped out in front of the courthouse. Bonnie, explain to me what happened in court today. She`s giving the story leading up to the murder. We`re finally to the day of the murder.

BONNIE DRUKER, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Well, hallelujah for that. We have been waiting seven days for her to discuss the murder. She talks about the gas cans. She talks about the car that she did not want to rent, a red car, Nancy. She is crying. All the family members are sitting on their chairs like this. And finally, like I said, she gets to the day of the murder, Nancy.

GRACE: Now, why does she explain that she didn`t want a red car, that she said she didn`t want -- they said she said she didn`t want a car that stood out. What is her explanation?

DRUKER: That`s exactly what she said. She said when you`re driving along the road, a cop will notice a red car and give you a ticket. So she asked the car guy to give her a white car or a different color car so she wouldn`t get caught. But remember, she did get caught by a cop in Utah because she had her license plate upside-down.

GRACE: We are taking your calls. Beth in New Jersey. Hi, Beth. What`s your question?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hi, Nancy. I just want you to know you, don`t go unnoticed, but I just came off five hours ago -- we just convicted a serial pedophile, me and my fellow jury members.

And the girlfriend was the one that reported him, OK? Because they had a crimes expert on and said that, number one, a pedophile is going to have evidence. No matter what form, no matter what shape, there will be evidence. And for that to go in a courtroom is absolutely disgusting. It`s unbelievable!

GRACE: Yes, and here, as I recall -- isn`t this correct, Matt Zarrell -- police combed his computers, laptop, desktop, cell phone, his home, his office, his attic. There was not one shred of evidence or that he had ever even visited such a Web site, a child pornography Web site.

ZARRELL: Let me be clear, Nancy. The only evidence -- the only evidence -- that Travis Alexander`s a pedophile is from Jodi Arias herself.
(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Were you scared he was going to hit you?

ARIAS: I wasn`t thinking of that. He`d only done that one time, so I was scared he was going to throw me or something, like he`d done before.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: So you say he grabbed your arm and spun you around, right?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: He spun you around where?

ARIAS: Right on the desk.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Point to it.

ARIAS: We were standing right about here.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: The only evidence of any physical confrontation between herself and Travis Alexander is what she is just saying on the stand. She never told a friend. She never mentioned it to family. None of them are on the witness list to corroborate what she is saying. And now we have combed through video ourselves of her in court, and when she`s not thinking about that broken finger, honey, it ain`t broken!

We are taking your calls. But I want to unleash the lawyers tonight, Darryl Cohen, veteran defense attorney, former prosecutor, jurisdiction Atlanta. Also joining me, defense attorney Holly Hughes. Both of them have tried many, many cases. They`re not just talking heads. They know what they`re talking about.

Darryl, a lot of court watchers believe that all these days of basically innocuous babble from Jodi Arias on the stand is to try to get the jury to identify with her, even if they don`t really like her, or maybe they do like her, that they get to know her so when it comes death penalty sentencing time, they won`t give her the death penalty.

However, another train of thought is that it`s actually turning the jurors against her. What do you think?

DARRYL COHEN, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, I think, number one, you`re presupposing...

GRACE: Hold on. Your mike is not working. Let me try you, Holly. Guys, try to fix his mike. Go ahead, Holly.

HOLLY HUGHES, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: That`s exactly what they`re doing. They`re trying to get the jury to understand this is a human being. She has emotion. She has a life to look forward to. They don`t want her to be killed. And they figure they`re humanizing her. They have obviously prepared her well. She turns, she looks at the jury. She knows to make eye contact with them. And their feeling is that, you know...

GRACE: My question to you was, is this backfiring? That was my question.

HUGHES: I don`t think so. They need to have all of this information because they`re going to follow it up with...

GRACE: OK. So all that is, No, it`s not backfiring. All right, Darryl Cohen, is it backfiring?

COHEN: No, Nancy, I don`t think it is. Number one, you`re presupposing that she`s going to be convicted. I don`t believe she`s going to be convicted because what they`re doing is...

GRACE: This is all a theoretical conversation, Darryl.

COHEN: OK. Well, theoretically...

GRACE: Just go with it.

COHEN: ... should she be -- theoretically, should she be convicted, she is being humanized. The jury now hears her story. They watch her. They watch what she`s doing. They watch her body language. And she`s really very good. They`re going through this piece by piece, gently, gently showing that she`s a gentle person, not the person that she`s accused of being, not this heinous person. I mean, that`s just the way it is.

GRACE: OK, let`s go back in the courtroom, and you tell me, does this humanize Jodi Arias?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ARIAS: He was proud of his body, and I just wanted to do something else that would make him happy.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Was this with the goal in mind of ending on a positive note?

ARIAS: Yes. He didn`t get the pictures he wanted, so I offered to do that. I was going to do it anyway, or he was going to at one point. It was going to happen.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Arias is trying to explain to the jury why she had Travis Alexander take extremely close-up shots of her genitals.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ARIAS: I wasn`t going to make it to Lake Powell before sunset, so that was out of the trip. So I figured I have time now, technically. I don`t have to make it to Lake Powell before sunset. So I have time.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What do you mean he didn`t get the pictures that he wanted? You said he didn`t get the pictures he wanted. What do you mean?

ARIAS: From the CDs.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Oh. So this -- these pictures you were going to take of him because he was proud of his body, where were these pictures to be taken?

ARIAS: We were going to take them in the bedroom, but we decided to do it in the shower.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And were these to be taken with his camera or your camera?

ARIAS: My camera had just been packed, so we...

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: So Matt Zarrell, along the lines of Darryl Cohen, Holly Hughes, veteran defense lawyer, that this is somehow endearing her to the jury, what is it she`s trying to explain?

ZARRELL: Well, she`s actually explaining how the sexy nude photos that you`re seeing was her idea that day, that she was the one who suggested it when she realized she wasn`t going to make it to Utah in time and she wanted to do it because she had time.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Why was your hair in braids that day?

ARIAS: He liked my hair in braids.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What was your understanding of why he liked your hair in braids?

ARIAS: He just said it was hot.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What do you think about when you see that picture?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Objection, relevance.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Goes to her state of mind that day.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Overruled.

ARIAS: What a stupid idiot I was.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: We are live, camped outside the Arizona courthouse as the trial goes on. I had very high hopes at the start of the day they would actually get to the murder of Travis Alexander. The day started off talking about the events on the day of the murder.

All right, to you, Bonnie Druker. What did we learn about the day of the murder?

DRUKER: The day of the murder, Jodi went to get the car. And she was driving along up to Arizona. We know that she talked to Ryan Burns, remember, her lover that she went to...

GRACE: Hold on. Hold on. Hold on. Bonnie, details matter in a murder case, so when you say she went to get the car -- all right, let`s step back from that a moment. She didn`t just drive to the nearest rental car location, did she?

DRUKER: No, she did not drive to the nearest rental car location. She actually said that she got on line and she went...

GRACE: Let`s talk about that.

DRUKER: Let`s talk about it? She went to Reading, California, to get the car, which is about 90 miles from Yreka. She didn`t get the rental car in her own town. She went about 90 miles away to get this car.

GRACE: Why? What was her explanation?

DRUKER: Why did she do this? She said -- her explanation is she went on line to Orbitz or Travelocity or one of those travel sites, and they said that the closest place to rent one of those cars is 90 miles away...

GRACE: Really? OK.

DRUKER: ... which, of course, it`s hard to believe anything that Jodi Arias says.

GRACE: Let me just write that down as another thing to cross-examine her about because she`s now saying that Orbitz, Xpedia, everybody, they all failed on her server to show her the closest rental car. So she had to drive an hour-and-a-half away to rent a car so she couldn`t be traced!

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Are you at this point in time fearing that he`s going to be physically aggressive with you?

ARIAS: I don`t know that I was consciously thinking of that, but I remember just being a little more tense, stood up and I went to walk over to him to rub his back or something just to make sure he was OK and let him know that I still had the pictures on my other drive, my Akom (ph) data drive, but I couldn`t access them because that drive was not working...

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Welcome back, everybody. We are live, camped outside the Arias courthouse there in Phoenix, Arizona. What a day it`s been. After days and days of Arias going on and on about seemingly irrelevant matters, finally we reach the day that Travis Alexander, unarmed, naked in the shower, was stabbed 29 times and shot.

We are taking your calls, but I have got a hard time with something. Before I take you back to the courthouse, unleash the lawyers and let me see Caryn Stark, psychologist out of New York as well. Holly Hughes, Darryl Cohen, Caryn Stark, psychologist. I have a really hard time, Darryl, thinking or comprehending, according to her, this is a man who has beaten her, that she never reported. That has broken her finger. That has broken up with her. That curses at her. That is horrible to her. That takes her for granted. Then she finds out he`s a pedophile, yet she continues to hack into his e-mail, his bank account, drive 1,000 miles to see him, to visit him, have sex with him, have phone sex with him.

Why is that? Do you really think any woman on the jury is going to believe you find out your boyfriend is a pedophile and you keep dating him?

COHEN: I would hope, Nancy, that no woman on the jury has been with a guy who is a pedophile. But having said that --

GRACE: Well, we agree on that. But let`s get down to the trial.

COHEN: OK. Well, let`s say that she is trying to fix him. She knows how bad he is. She knows how he`s abused her. She knows all of the things that he does wrong, so she takes this drive, one last chance to try to help him and try to change the way he is, keep him back, and bring him back where he should be.

GRACE: One more chance to try to fix him. You know, Holly Hughes, earlier she talked about how she wanted to borrow a gun to commit suicide. Isn`t it ironic how so many murderers always say it`s themselves they want to kill, but, oops, something happens and they murder a lot of other people. Have you ever noticed that? All these murderers are very suicidal, but they seem to come out smelling like a rose, alive and well, sucking up taxpayers` money behind bars, yet they kill somebody else.

HUGHES: Right. That`s true, but bear in mind here that the main attack was with a knife, which tells you she --

GRACE: And a gun.

HUGHES: -- didn`t start out to murder -- the gun was at the end because the bullet is on top of the blood that was already spilled from the knife attack.

GRACE: Can I ask you what difference that makes?

HUGHES: So that tells me -- what it tells me --

(CROSSTALK)

GRACE: She had to come into the bathroom with the gun.

HUGHES: She didn`t go in there to commit murder. She found herself in the fight of her life with a knife. Let`s face it. If you have got a gun, why are you going to get into hand-to-hand combat with a man who outweighs you by 100 pounds?

GRACE: Stop, stop, stop. What you are saying is not accurate. She went into the bathroom. Why would she go into the bathroom? He`s taking - - they`re having photo sessions in the shower, of him. She is fully dressed. We see that in the picture. And within 30 seconds, she is stabbing and shooting him.

Caryn Stark, she would have to either come in -- she would have to, point blank, there`s no or, she would have to come into the shower with the gun and a knife based on the time stamps on those photos.

But to you, Caryn Stark, why would you continue to drive 1,000 miles to be with a man that hit you, that calls you horrible names, that dated other women, and that is a pedophile?

CARYN STARK, PSYCHOLOGIST: You wouldn`t, Nancy. And when you are exposed to someone who has been battered, that is not what they do. No. 1, they appear to be battered. People notice it. And she`s moved so far away from him, there really isn`t any reason to return, except for her own rage, whatever is going on with her.

And if she is trying to help him, is she trying to help him with a gun? The gun is supposed to somehow be influencing him, to change his terrible life? No. This is a pathological liar. Nothing that she says makes any sense.

GRACE: Susan Constantine, body language expert, jury consultant, I`ve been watching her very carefully on the stand, but we`ve also caught her gesticulating on the stand with her hands, and that finger that she said was broken and she held it up to the jury like this, basically. It`s not like that in all the other video.

CONSTANTINE: That`s correct. In fact, when we saw for the first time, look at her looking down as she puts her hand up. So she can`t really look at the finger because she knows it`s a lie. I noticed the same thing you saw, too, when I was watching the testimony today when her hands -- when the cameras weren`t on her, weren`t really paying attention, she was moving her hands about very fluently, and there`s no wrinkling of her finger like what we saw in the other video. So, it`s a lie. We know that she was stretching her finger out or making her finger look like she had it broken, and it`s not.

GRACE: Well, a lot of people think it`s very difficult to bend only your ring finger, but actually it`s not. If you work at it, you can do it.

Straight out right now to Jean Casarez. She and Beth Karas had been in the courtroom from the very beginning. Jean, I thought we were going to get up to the stabbing, but they left me high and dry with Travis Alexander in the shower. What did we learn today about the day of the killing, Jean? Why is it so critical?

CASAREZ: You know, Nancy, for the first time I think we have had immense amount of inconsistencies as far as the planning of the trip and the day of the killing. She testified today that he got so angry at one point because a CD of pictures wasn`t happening, and she was so concerned that it would escalate to an argument, argument, and she said he`d only hit me once. We`ve heard five instances of domestic abuse here, and she testifies today he only hit her once? I mean, direct inconsistency.

And as far as the other aspect, she couldn`t look at the jury. She looked down. I can tell you in that courtroom, jurors were writing more notes than I`ve seen them write in a long time. Her mother was writing immense amount of notes in the gallery. But at one point, the jurors stopped, they stopped writing those notes and just listened.

GRACE: You know, Jane, we were getting explanations about all sorts of things, but I`m in the camp that says the more you talk, the more rope you give the prosecution to hang you with on cross-examination. And she is really talking. For instance, about those gas cans she blurted out, well, I didn`t want to fill up in California, but she did fill up in California. We know the reason she didn`t stop for gas, she wanted gas in gas cans, is to either burn evidence or because she didn`t want to be traced using her credit card or on video in the jurisdiction near Travis Alexander. She explained the rental car and said she had heard that cops pull over cars that are red. That`s inconsistent with what was said before.

Just one thing after the next, Jean, and then significantly said she will talk about anything in the sex text messages, but she suddenly says, oh, I wouldn`t talk about his pedophilia on text messages. Why? Why? She talks about everything else. Because it didn`t happen, that`s why, Jean.

CASAREZ: Right. Right. Right. I agree with you. And there are so many inconsistencies, Nancy, let`s look at the big picture. She was on a road trip to visit Hotel Coronado in San Diego, to visit Powell -- Lake Powell. These were all in that book, Nancy, that book of 1,000 things to do before you die, but he wasn`t going on the trip with her this time. She was going alone. How did that make her feel?

GRACE: And, you know, another thing inconsistent -- that`s a good point, Jean.

Another thing, Beth Karas, also with us, live at the courthouse, she was talking about she rented a rental car because she was broke. It`s cheaper to take your own car so you don`t have to pay for gas plus rental. But if she is so broke, why is she going to a salon to get her nails done? And I noticed she would either sleep in her car or stay at a friend`s house because she didn`t want to be caught on hotel surveillance cameras, Beth.

KARAS: That is probably what we`re going to hear the state argue, precisely, Nancy. She only kept receipts, also, for states outside of Arizona. Nothing regarding motels or hotels, either, even if she did stay in one, but she didn`t want a record of her being there. I think that will be the argument.

There was another inconsistency, well, at least she said that Darryl Brewer, the former boyfriend she stopped to see and borrow the gas cans from, he was simply wrong when he said that she actually mentioned to him that she was going to Mesa, Arizona. That`s what he said. And then he backed it up, he said, well, she said she was going to Arizona. She told the jury, I never planned to go to Arizona at that point when I was borrowing the gas cans. Basically Darryl Brewer is wrong. Everyone is wrong if it`s not convenient to her story.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

GRACE: Jodi Arias` testimony has gone on for days and days and days. It may actually end up working to the prosecution`s benefit if they handle the cross-examination correctly because she is giving them a story rich in detail. The more complicated a story becomes, the easier it is to pick it apart.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ARIAS: It was verbal. He wanted me to text it, but I didn`t want to talk about his issues in the text messages.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What do you mean his issues?

ARIAS: His -- his sexual attraction to children. I promised him that I wouldn`t tell anybody about his issues if he promised to get help. And another stipulation I made was that he couldn`t stay the night at his friend`s house because they have children, and -- until he got help. And so my understanding was that he did actually end up staying there, and I talked to him about it, and I reminded him that he needs to get help, and I also sent the pamphlet around the same time because he`s on the tape fantasizing about anally raping a 12-year-old.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Today we learned so much about the day of the murder. Jodi Arias on the stand. Let`s go to the courthouse.

Jean Casarez, Beth Karas standing by. You know, we pulled footage, Jean and Beth, of Jodi Arias gesticulating in court, and in many of those instances her hand -- her finger is completely straight. We have got a ton of it. But I want to see Jean and Beth, Liz, if you don`t mind. Beth, we were talking with Jean right before you joined us about the critical testimony we heard today and why it is so critical. Weigh in.

KARAS: Well, you know, all the events of the actual day of the killing, what we`ve all been waiting to hear, so she now has Travis Alexander very angry with her in the afternoon, probably about within an hour before the shower scene, right? Court broke at the shower scene when she is about to take pictures of him in his newly sculpted body, he has been losing weight to go to Cancun, which is a week from the time she killed him. And she`s got to, she`s got to make sense to the jury of how he could get so angry with her that she would feel justified in her mind in killing him three different ways, the way she did, really an overkill, so she had to be so fearful of him. And at this point, we haven`t heard that much that he`s done to her even if you believe her. And some may not believe her. But if you believe her, he has kicked her, he has slapped her, he broke her finger, if you believe her.

But what did he do to her in the shower when he`s naked without any weapons near him to justify being stabbed in the heart, knifed in the back multiple times, had his throat slit back to his spinal cord, and shot in the head.

GRACE: You know, Beth, I would like to hear you give that closing statement.

You know, Jean Casarez, in addition to what Beth has just pointed out, didn`t she say that she did not have a gun or a knife with her? She did not take them with her. Now, what, those belonged to Travis Alexander?

CASAREZ: Yes, yes. In fact, she talks about there was cord and that he wanted to tie her up and she explains how they went in the bathroom and the cord was long and he cut it and then he tied her to this bed. It was a sleigh type of bed. So she goes into all of that. The question is, where is the cord? We know there was a knife, but, here`s, Nancy, there was one photo here. And I`m very confused because you probably can`t see it on the air, because it is very, very explicit. She is lying on her back. You see her whole body without clothes, and I see something up here around her arms. To me it looks like a cord of some kind, but, Nancy, the defense attorney didn`t question on that. As the picture was up and everybody was looking at the picture, he never asked one question, so it must not be cord or he would have asked her about it.

But if I was a juror--

GRACE: I thought it was a pony tail.

CASAREZ: -- I would ask what that is around her armpits. No, that`s another picture, this is a picture where you don`t even see her face. It`s shot from -- she is lying flat on the bed. It`s shot from the feet up her body, and I see something around her armpits and her arms, but the defense attorney didn`t question it. If I was a juror, I would ask what that was.

GRACE: So bottom line then, Jean, we don`t have the knife murder weapon, we don`t have the gun murder weapon, and we don`t have the cord she is talking about. Although she is claiming she didn`t have those with her and they were not in the home when police checked the home. So what happened to all of that?

CASAREZ: Stay tuned. Stay tuned until tomorrow. She is going to have to explain it.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

GRACE: Straight out to special guest, joining me, friend of Travis Alexander in court today, Pam Larsen. Pam, thank you for being with us. How do you respond to what you heard in court today?

PAM LARSEN, FRIEND OF TRAVIS ALEXANDER: I think she has an amazing way of twisting things so that we all -- she wants everybody on her side, but, you know, she took Travis` rights away from him to say, yes, that happened or no, it didn`t, or this is why it did or didn`t.

GRACE: What do you make of her being on the stand, and when you first met Jodi Arias, what was your impression of her?

LARSEN: She had the most empty, deep, dark eyes that I`ve ever seen in my life on anybody. I mean, it was like -- I just wanted to get away from her.

GRACE: You know, you`re familiar with where the defense is headed. They`re claiming Travis Alexander had abused her for a very long time and that she reacted in self-defense. What do you make of that?

LARSEN: Well, I don`t believe it. For one thing, people do get mad at people. You get mad at your kids, you get mad at somebody that does something to you and you yell at them. That`s normal. But being abusive and attacking her and stuff, I don`t buy it. Why would you -- if you were treated that way, why would you drive a thousand miles to get treated that way?

GRACE: I agree. And after slashing his tires and breaking into his bank account and his e-mail, it sounds like she`s the abusive one, not him.

With me is Pam Larsen, a friend of Travis Alexander`s.

The court watchers were asked to all shift sides of the courtroom today and told to sit behind Jodi Arias` family. Why, and what was that like?

LARSEN: Well, I didn`t sit on that side. I`m close with Travis` family, and they asked me to sit in the front row with them, so that`s where I sat. But I kept a pretty good eye on the jury today, which I haven`t too much. I`ve been probably too much giving Jodi the evil eye for the last however many days this has been. But they were writing a lot, and -- but some of them -- I think they`re just tired of it. And now they`re just wondering whether they can even believe what she says now.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

GRACE: We remember American hero Marine Corporal Jeffrey Standfest, 23, St. Clair, Michigan, Purple Heart, National Defense Honor, plank owner. Parents Timothy and Karen. Sister Jacqueline (ph). Jeffrey Standfest. American hero.

Jodi Arias on the stand finally leads up to the day of the murder of Travis Alexander. 29 stab wounds, a slashing of the neck, a gunshot wound to the head, and what did we learn? We got a lot of inconsistencies on the stand today from Jodi Arias. You know, Matt Zarrell, out to those inconsistencies. Weigh in.

ZARRELL: OK. Well, another thing we didn`t get into was the grandparents` burglary of the home, the gun, the gun stolen from the grandparents` home. Now, the cops and the police report say that Arias arrived just a few minutes after the police came to the house. However, Arias says that she and her sister were at a Buddhist monastery and were out of cell phone signal and didn`t even find out about the burglary for hours.

GRACE: What?

ZARRELL: Correct.

GRACE: Oh, yes, oh, yes, she said she didn`t learn about the burglary of her grandparents` home because she was at a Buddhist monastery. And lucky for us, she gave the location. Well, we called that Buddhist monastery, and they told us that there was cell phone reception there. Oops.

Out to the lines. Ralph in North Carolina. Hi, Ralph, what`s your question?

CALLER: You caught me with my mouth full. I`ve been sitting here starving.

GRACE: Give me your question quickly.

CALLER: What does she think that she`s going to convince people of?

GRACE: You know what, what do you think, Caryn Stark?

STARK: I think that she`s so used to trying to convince people, Nancy, that it`s not like she thinks about anything. When you have that kind of personality, it just spews out of you.

GRACE: I think her main goal is to paint him as the bad guy and hope for self-defense.

Everyone, before we sign off tonight, a special good night from friends Tiffany (ph) and Chrisetta (ph) from the Pink Pastry Parlor (ph) at Phipps Plaza (ph) Mall in Atlanta. They really know how to throw a party for little girls. And thank you to Gray (ph) and all the staff at Wildlife World Zoo and Aquarium where the twins and I visit weekends between court sessions. The twins loved it. Everyone, Dr. Drew is up next. I`ll see you tomorrow night, 8:00 sharp Eastern. And until then, good night, friend.

END

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.