March 18, 2024, 08:10:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial  (Read 1660704 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #2260 on: May 04, 2013, 04:56:24 PM »

It's just theory, because Jodi would have to open her mouth to reveal the truth and opening her mouth means she's lying, but........

My best guess is that she arrived at Travis' with the intention of an ultimatum. Either she was going with him to Cancun (or maybe keep him from going without her) or he was a dead man. The sex was part of the "convincing". I believe he refused to cooperate when she pushed the issue of the trip and she was inwardly enraged and determined he would pay the price for his decision. She had no intention of letting anyone else near him if he was pushing her away. I think she outwardly kept her cool and probably did encourage those shower pics to show off his fit body. I also believe that the gun was put aside because the knife fit her rage better. That many stab wounds, and slashing his throat is up close, personal, and she was making sure he was looking right at her when it began. What she might have been saying to him between clinched teeth, we'll never know. The overkill was just Jodi making darn sure he paid, and paid and paid..........

JMO.

YES YES YES

Yes!

CBB you summarized nicely in a Readers Digest what her intentions may have been. 

Kermit, will you be standing on your head, anytime, soon? Smile

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
crazybabyborg
« Reply #2261 on: May 04, 2013, 09:33:52 PM »

Thanks, Seahorse! 

I have to believe that the jury will come up with a similar scenario. I mean "Fatal Attraction" has been seen by almost everyone, right? 

Well, we're in a current 3 way tie in the poll! 24 hrs (Monday), 2 days, and 3 days all come in first! I'm thinking that means that most of us are able to believe the jury will come back with first degree. The Casey Anthony trial has made us all gun-shy but I can't help but be optimistic as well.

We'll see........... hopefully soon!!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2262 on: May 04, 2013, 09:37:30 PM »

Yes, the results from Casey Anthony trial has given me reason to never be too sure of how a Jury will decide. I thought that  case was a slam dunk and look ht happened.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2263 on: May 04, 2013, 10:31:49 PM »

Certainly the CA trial has made us all leery of what the jury will do.  I like the rest figured they would find her guilty. When they didn't it made me skeptical about our justice system. So I am hoping that this jury will see what we have seen and find her guilty of the slaughter of Travis.  As for how long they will be out before they come to a verdict  I  don’t think it will be long. After thinking about some of the questions that they ask during the trial. IMO I don’t think they were buying into her foggy memory and he was attacking her.  My heart hurts for Travis’s family. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #2264 on: May 05, 2013, 12:17:35 AM »

The CA trial has made a big impact on all of us and how well we trust the Justice System. I must say, though, that this case has more tangible, and forensic evidence to it. Jodi has admitted to the killing in the face of it because even she knew she had no choice. The motive and circumstances around the killing is all that's left here, and her actions haven't made it easy on her lawyers. This case also is lacking (Thank God) the crazy family that sought the spotlight. George and Cindy interjected themselves so much in the case that they gave the defense the very distractions used to muddle the facts to the jury. I'm not letting that jury off the hook........ it was their job to separate out what was important to consider and they failed miserably.

I so hope we aren't on here anytime soon saying, "I can't believe it........ how could they do that?"  I don't think this jury can ignore all the facts here......surely not!

( I do believe I was giving similar thoughts before KC's verdict )   

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #2265 on: May 05, 2013, 07:26:54 AM »

Thanks, Seahorse! 

I have to believe that the jury will come up with a similar scenario. I mean "Fatal Attraction" has been seen by almost everyone, right? 

Well, we're in a current 3 way tie in the poll! 24 hrs (Monday), 2 days, and 3 days all come in first! I'm thinking that means that most of us are able to believe the jury will come back with first degree. The Casey Anthony trial has made us all gun-shy but I can't help but be optimistic as well.

CBB,

I wish that you would be the Prosecutor, you give a very clear, uncomplicated, and very easy to understand opinion, a child of ten could under you.

I think the prosecutor, (should keep in mind) to explain the facts, as though a ten year old could understand them.

The Prosecutor should have pounded his fist 29 times. We all understand differently and learn differently, the pounding would have been crystal clear.

The C.A. Jurors, just wanted to get the Hill out of the Hotel, they did not want to sacrifice the Holiday weekend. They had no TV, no phones, I almost could not blame them, but, it was their job (they accepted to do) and they did not live up to it. My opinion.

Their are so many fish in the sea Smile Jodi could have attacted so many for so many reasons, but her choose to destroy a human being, because she could not get her way! 

I hope she spends the rest of her life singing in jail.  IMO

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2266 on: May 05, 2013, 08:28:44 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1305/04/acd.01.html
ANDERSON COOPER 360 DEGREES
Sex, Lies and Audiotape: The Jodi Arias Trial
Aired May 4, 2013 - 20:00   ET

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #2267 on: May 05, 2013, 11:35:20 AM »

Thanks, Seahorse! 

CBB,

I wish that you would be the Prosecutor, you give a very clear, uncomplicated, and very easy to understand opinion, a child of ten could under you.

I think the prosecutor, (should keep in mind) to explain the facts, as though a ten year old could understand them.

The Prosecutor should have pounded his fist 29 times. We all understand differently and learn differently, the pounding would have been crystal clear.

The C.A. Jurors, just wanted to get the Hill out of the Hotel, they did not want to sacrifice the Holiday weekend. They had no TV, no phones, I almost could not blame them, but, it was their job (they accepted to do) and they did not live up to it. My opinion.

Their are so many fish in the sea Smile Jodi could have attacted so many for so many reasons, but her choose to destroy a human being, because she could not get her way! 

I have to believe that if we can imagine a likely scenario that fits the facts, the jury can too. It's JMO, but I believe that Jodi had a good bit of doubt that she could win Travis over with her last visit. She came with a lot of preparation to kill him, if she couldn't. I think the communication between them, before she showed up, didn't encourage her. I am 100% convinced that the one thing Jodi was sure of, is that if Travis didn't didn't leave his home with her by his side, he would never leave his home, period. Falling back on her plan to kill him when he refused to cancel the Cancun trip (or to take her with him), didn't require contemplation; she had already made that decision and prepared for it. I do think that when she was finally faced with no choice but to loose him, either to someone else or to death, it absolutely enraged her and she totally "lost it". I think it's very probable that the knife wasn't in her original plan, and may have been obtained from Travis' house. As I've said, all those stab wounds and slashing his throat was up close and personal and shear infliction of pain with a known and seen particular, messenger. That's why it reminds me of Fatal Attraction. Travis was about to walk out of her life and resume his own, without her. Above all, Jodi would NOT be ignored by him and she wanted him to SEE her and know it was her stopping him. I think it's true that the opposite of love isn't hate, but apathy. She detected a future of apathy from him and she was going to have none of it. In his last moments, there was no apathy from Travis toward Jodi Arias.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2268 on: May 05, 2013, 12:36:28 PM »

Thanks, Seahorse! 

CBB,

I have to believe that if we can imagine a likely scenario that fits the facts, the jury can too. It's JMO, but I believe that Jodi had a good bit of doubt that she could win Travis over with her last visit. She came with a lot of preparation to kill him, if she couldn't. I think the communication between them, before she showed up, didn't encourage her. I am 100% convinced that the one thing Jodi was sure of, is that if Travis didn't didn't leave his home with her by his side, he would never leave his home, period. Falling back on her plan to kill him when he refused to cancel the Cancun trip (or to take her with him), didn't require contemplation; she had already made that decision and prepared for it. I do think that when she was finally faced with no choice but to loose him, either to someone else or to death, it absolutely enraged her and she totally "lost it". I think it's very probable that the knife wasn't in her original plan, and may have been obtained from Travis' house. As I've said, all those stab wounds and slashing his throat was up close and personal and shear infliction of pain with a known and seen particular, messenger. That's why it reminds me of Fatal Attraction. Travis was about to walk out of her life and resume his own, without her. Above all, Jodi would NOT be ignored by him and she wanted him to SEE her and know it was her stopping him. I think it's true that the opposite of love isn't hate, but apathy. She detected a future of apathy from him and she was going to have none of it. In his last moments, there was no apathy from Travis toward Jodi Arias.

Hey all !!! CBB... I have been following this case since the 48 hrs Ninja story and your scenario is pretty much what I believe went
down...
As far as the sex tapes and the big question as to what Jodi did to make Travis so mad, I believe that she made the tapes without his knowledge and was threatening to play it for Mimi and/or any future girlfriends....I also think that she knew he had confessed to his bishop one time about having sexual relations with Deanna and knew that if she took it to his bishop it would destroy his standing in his church community...
I am one of those who thinks Juan Martinez did a brilliant job with this case and proved pre-med without a reasonable doubt...I just wish that more prosecutors would walk that jury through that process as thoroughly as he did.
Like most, I am a little gunshy about juries, but am holding onto the faith that this jury will get it right. Judging by the juror questions, I have a feeling that they will....
Just my two cents !
I am hoping for a verdict by Tuesday...but jeez I was way wrong in that case I dont even want to talk about right now....

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2269 on: May 05, 2013, 12:38:55 PM »

the rope
Whaaaat? Is it really?looks like a carpet piece

Despite to gravity of the situation, I had to laugh when this picture was presented...

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #2270 on: May 05, 2013, 01:48:18 PM »

CUBBEE!

It's about time you showed your swishy tail again!   

Good to see you! I'm with you........ I hope this jury verdict restores our faith in the Justice System; particularly in high profile cases.   

Yeah, if that's the rope they used to be kinky, why bother? 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #2271 on: May 05, 2013, 01:57:31 PM »

JURY WATCH POLL UPDATE:

The 2 day prediction is 1 vote ahead of both the one day (Monday) and and the three day prediction for verdict in our poll.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2272 on: May 05, 2013, 03:18:30 PM »

<snipped for space>

Hey all !!! CBB... I have been following this case since the 48 hrs Ninja story and your scenario is pretty much what I believe went
down...
As far as the sex tapes and the big question as to what Jodi did to make Travis so mad, I believe that she made the tapes without his knowledge and was threatening to play it for Mimi and/or any future girlfriends....I also think that she knew he had confessed to his bishop one time about having sexual relations with Deanna and knew that if she took it to his bishop it would destroy his standing in his church community...
I am one of those who thinks Juan Martinez did a brilliant job with this case and proved pre-med without a reasonable doubt...I just wish that more prosecutors would walk that jury through that process as thoroughly as he did.
Like most, I am a little gunshy about juries, but am holding onto the faith that this jury will get it right. Judging by the juror questions, I have a feeling that they will....
Just my two cents !
I am hoping for a verdict by Tuesday...but jeez I was way wrong in that case I dont even want to talk about right now....

Good to see you Cubbee!

I could not agree with you more.

I also think Jodi had tapes/and or pictures of Travis and herself that she was holding over his head. Threatening to show them to the church bishop and anyone else who seeing them would hurt Travis' reputation. She is a very conniving, evil person. And not as smart as she thinks she is.

I think we may see a guilty (first degree) verdict on Monday.

Juan did such a dynamite job that it is just beyond my realm of thinking that anyone would not convict her of first degree murder. Such a vile, vicious over-kill she did to Travis.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2273 on: May 05, 2013, 06:11:22 PM »

After the jury was sent out to deliberate Friday, Jodi and the defense and prosecutor approached Judge Stevens. I was surprised to see Jodi up there as well.

I wonder what this powwow was about. Any ideas?

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2274 on: May 05, 2013, 06:27:08 PM »

After the jury was sent out to deliberate Friday, Jodi and the defense and prosecutor approached Judge Stevens. I was surprised to see Jodi up there as well.

I thought that was odd too Brandi. I haven't a clue what it could have been about. I thought it was odd she just walked back to the defense table and she didn't have any leg shackles on. She didn't look like she had a care in the world. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2275 on: May 05, 2013, 06:31:26 PM »

the rope
Whaaaat? Is it really?looks like a carpet piece

Despite to gravity of the situation, I had to laugh when this picture was presented...

It looks like a blow up of a hair tie. I agree cubbie I thought WTH when they said it was proof of her rope story.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2276 on: May 05, 2013, 07:38:42 PM »

Does Monday count within a day since the jury got the case so late in the day? Since I voted that there would b a verdict within the day, Monday will b the day of the decision.

Considering jurors are not deliberating over the weekend ... if the verdict comes down on Monday ... it definitely will count as one day.  Cookie ... I am counting on Monday to be the gig day so I can get back to life outside the computer room.  This case had been sooo distracting.

I hope deliberations do not drag on and on ... not even until Tuesday.

Janet

One more day Cookie!!  The verdict will be forthcoming in the Jodi Arias trial ... the verdict with the implication that justice will prevail for Travis Alexander.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2277 on: May 05, 2013, 07:44:23 PM »

I thought that was odd too Brandi. I haven't a clue what it could have been about. I thought it was odd she just walked back to the defense table and she didn't have any leg shackles on. She didn't look like she had a care in the world. 

I understand she does wear a stun belt ... something an officer can activate that stuns her if needed. Therefore, no shackles needed. One time, I think I saw the outline of the belt on her.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2278 on: May 05, 2013, 08:02:02 PM »

I can't wait till tomorrow. Hope that biotch Jodi is going down! She might not be so smug after tomorrow...I hope

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2279 on: May 05, 2013, 08:02:52 PM »

I asked myself why Jodi did not shoot Travis while he slept and immediately continue her road trip to visit Ryan Burns.   The lost time on that road trip was a huge red flag in the investigation.

Could it be that at some point prior to or immediately follow her arrival at Travis' residence ... Jodi made the  decision to give Travis one last chance to redeem himself ... one last chance to profess his love and ... one last chance to extend an invitation to Cancun.   It never happened and ... in a rage Jodi put her premeditated plan into motion?

Janet

This is exactly what i think too janet. I think she thought she would try to reel him in 1 last time with sex & it didnt work so she proceeded to the plan.

I agree as well.

She had the murder planned (premeditated) on the condition Travis did not take her back. (And to Cancun.)

I am sure Juan will cover this when he gets to follow up.

That's what I think too. I am sure Juan will handle all that Nurmi has tried to do when he gets to do his follow up.

Green Eyes and Brandi

I too had hoped that Juan Martinez would have addressed/responded to to Kirk Nurmi's questioning as to why Jodi Arias did not take an opportunity to shoot Travis Alexander upon her arrival at his residence and ... then immediately take off to continue the road trip to Utah ... to meet up with Ryan Burns.  I have no doubt that the prosecutor could have come up with a possible scenario as to why Jodi's premediated plan to kill Travis may have been put on hold for over 12 hours.

Anyways ... at approximately 50:00 ... the following Youtube video reveals Nurmi's closing arguments regarding this issue.

Janet

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 56 - Part 1 (Defense Closing)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BXsJl-1vD8

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.