March 19, 2024, 12:56:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial  (Read 1660829 times)
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2680 on: May 14, 2013, 04:41:36 PM »

Hi 
Didn't Jodi file a motion to have the Alexander's video their victims impact statements? I bet this is a hearing for that matter.... hope she loses..

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2681 on: May 14, 2013, 06:31:59 PM »

http://www.kpho.com/story/22238826/judge-to-mcso-dont-approach-arias-with-media-requests

Judge to MCSO: Don't approach Arias with media requests
Posted: May 13, 2013 4:40 PM CDT Updated: May 14, 2013 4:50 PM CDT

PHOENIX (CBS5/AP) -
The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office was slapped with a court order Tuesday prohibiting it from approaching Jodi Arias with requests for media interviews.

Sheriff's officials said they would comply.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2682 on: May 14, 2013, 06:40:06 PM »

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/05/jodi-arias-request-for-death-penalty-dismissed-judge-refuses/

Jodi Arias’ Attorney Requests Death Penalty To Be Dismissed, Judge Refuses
Posted on May 14, 2013 @ 15:07PM | By Debbie Emery

Desperate to save the life of their client since she was convicted of first-degree murder, Jodi Arias‘ defense attorneys filed a request with the court asking to dismiss the death penalty option, and RadarOnline.com has a copy of the legal document, which was denied.

Time is running out for the femme fatale killer, who was put on suicide watch and psych evaluation after the verdict on May 8, but has since been moved back to Estrella Jail alone in a cell “on closed custody status.”

In the request filed with the Maricopa County Court that was released on Monday, “the Counsel for the Defendant moves to dismiss the death penalty option,” the documents obtained by the State vs Jodi Arias Facebook page state.

PHOTOS: Jodi Arias Murder Trial: The 44 Most Important Evidence Photos

After a discussion in court with Arias’ lawyers Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott, with prosecutor Juan Martinez and Jodi were both present, it was “ordered denying the motion.”

Details of the sealed hearing will not be released until the conclusion of the marathon trial, which continues on Wednesday with the aggravation phase when the jury decides if the 32-year-old deserves the death penalty, life in prison without parole or with parole after 25 years

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2683 on: May 14, 2013, 07:37:00 PM »

just sitting by a new pond in Ymmy-fly Island waiting for Jodi Arias to fry

Any sympathy I might have squeezed outta me stopped when I heard her trashing Travis once again
on he interview after her guilty verdict came in. What a piece of trash.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2684 on: May 14, 2013, 07:38:14 PM »

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/05/jodi-arias-request-for-death-penalty-dismissed-judge-refuses/

Desperate to save the life of their client since she was convicted of first-degree murder, Jodi Arias‘ defense attorneys filed a request with the court asking to dismiss the death penalty option, and RadarOnline.com has a copy of the legal document, which was denied.

Time is running out for the femme fatale killer, who was put on suicide watch and psych evaluation after the verdict on May 8, but has since been moved back to Estrella Jail alone in a cell “on closed custody status.”

In the request filed with the Maricopa County Court that was released on Monday, “the Counsel for the Defendant moves to dismiss the death penalty option,” the documents obtained by the State vs Jodi Arias Facebook page state.

After a discussion in court with Arias’ lawyers Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott, with prosecutor Juan Martinez and Jodi were both present, it was “ordered denying the motion.”

Details of the sealed hearing will not be released until the conclusion of the marathon trial, which continues on Wednesday with the aggravation phase when the jury decides if the 32-year-old deserves the death penalty, life in prison without parole or with parole after 25 years

Uh huh. So much for Jodi wanting to die. Her ultimate freedom, you know.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2685 on: May 14, 2013, 07:40:33 PM »

http://www.kpho.com/story/22238826/judge-to-mcso-dont-approach-arias-with-media-requests

PHOENIX (CBS5/AP) -
The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office was slapped with a court order Tuesday prohibiting it from approaching Jodi Arias with requests for media interviews.

Thanks Grace.

Could it be that the MCSO participation in arranging the post conviction interview with FOX's Troy Hayden is what's behind today's secret hearing was all about?  Think about it.  According to JVM's talking heads ... Juan Martinez may use excerpts of that recorded interview in tomorrow's sentencing hearing ...excerpts which reveal in Jodi's own words that she prefers the death penalty to a life sentence.

Janet

++++++

Troy explains how he got the Jodi Arias exclusive
May 09, 2013
By Troy Hayden, FOX 10 News

<snipped>

I sent the sheriff's office that voicemail, and they knew Jodi wanted to talk to me. They set things up on their end.

So since it was a first degree verdict, and I went straight from the courtroom where that verdict was read to the holding cells below the court.

Jodi was waiting for me there. That's how it was done

<snipped>

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22211896/2013/05/09/troy-explains-how-he-got-the-jodi-arias-exclusive

Exclusive Jodi Arias interview: 'Death is the ultimate freedom, so I'd rather just have my freedom'
Published May 08, 2013

<snipped>

HAYDEN: Are you focusing on the core or are you focusing on what could be the worst outcome for you?

ARIAS: Well, the worst outcome for me would be natural life. I would much rather die sooner than later. Longevity runs in my family, and I don't want to spend the rest of my natural life in one place. You know, I'm pretty healthy. I don't smoke. And I probably would live a long time, so that's not something I'm looking forward to.

I said years ago that I'd rather get death than life, and that still is true today. I believe death is the ultimate freedom, so I'd rather just have my freedom as soon as I can get it.

HAYDEN: So you're saying you actually prefer getting the death penalty than being in prison for life.

ARIAS: Yes.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-the-record/2013/05/09/exclusive-jodi-arias-interview-death-ultimate-freedom-so-id-rather-just-have-my-freedom

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2686 on: May 14, 2013, 07:48:03 PM »

Could it be that this motion by Jodi's attorneys was what was behind today's secret hearing?  Could this be the reason that Travis' family was included in the secret hearing?  Jodi's trashing of Travis implies his family will show no mercy in regards to the sentencing phase of the trial.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2687 on: May 14, 2013, 07:50:25 PM »

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2688 on: May 14, 2013, 09:02:24 PM »

What is Jodi talking about!!  The defense could have revealed any "evidence" as well as "disclosed some things".

Janet

+++++

Jodi Arias says she prefers a death sentence
Wed May 8, 2013 10:44 PM

<snipped>

She said she respected the skills of the now-famous prosecutor Juan Martinez. But she argued that he did “shady things” during the trial “in terms of hiding evidence and failing to disclose some things.”

<snipped>

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/free/20130508jodi-arias-verdict-perfers-death-sentence.html

_____

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2689 on: May 14, 2013, 10:21:07 PM »

Yeah, really..

crazybabyborg
« Reply #2690 on: May 14, 2013, 10:37:01 PM »

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neither can I, Kermit!! However, I've got stuff to do in the morning and don't know how long it will last.   

I guess that ultimate freedom that Jodi wants as soon as possible doesn't seem quite as appealing as she thought it would. I wonder if Travis had been given a choice whether he wanted to die by 29 stab wounds, throat slashed and gunshot to the face, or spend his time in jail, which he would have chosen? Oh, yeah....... I forgot. He had no choice, did he?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2691 on: May 15, 2013, 07:23:14 AM »

What time will it begin today?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2692 on: May 15, 2013, 08:53:21 AM »

WEDNESDAY, MAY 15, 2013 - SENTENCING PHASE

The Jodi Arias Trial - 10:00 AM PT - HLN

The Jodi Arias Trial - 10:00 AM PT - Live Video

http://www.wptv.com/generic/news/national/Jodi-Arias-trial-live-video

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2693 on: May 15, 2013, 09:03:34 AM »

Jodi Arias jury to consider death penalty option
Posted: May 15, 2013 7:28 AM ET

Jodi Arias heads back to court Wednesday as jurors consider whether the death penalty should be an option for sentencing the former waitress after convicting her of first-degree murder last week.

<snipped>

The so-called "aggravation" phase of the trial is set for Wednesday, during which jurors will deliberate one more time to weigh the death penalty option.

Prosecutor Juan Martinez must convince the panel that the murder was committed in an especially cruel, heinous and depraved manner. This phase will be a mini-trial of sorts, as both sides call witnesses to present testimony to jurors — the defence in an effort to spare Arias' life, the prosecution to at least have a shot at a death sentence

<snipped>

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/05/15/jodi-arias-murder-death-penalty-jury.html

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2694 on: May 15, 2013, 09:09:04 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-jury-hear-travis-alexanders-family-today/story?id=19181301
Jodi Arias Jury to Hear From Travis Alexander's Family Today
May 15, 2013

The same jurors that who convicted Jodi Arias of first degree murder for killing her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander will begin hearing testimony whether the death penalty should be an option for sentencing.

The prosecutor will have to prove one aggravating factor, convincing the jury that Alexander's murder was cruel, heinous, or depraved, warranting the death penalty. The aggravator phase is expected to take a day and a verdict could come as early as today.

The jury will return to the same courtroom in Maricopa County at 1 p.m. ET where prosecutor Juan Martinez is expected to call Dr. Kevin Horn, the medical examiner who performed the autopsy on Alexander's body. Alexander, a Mormon businessman, was stabbed 27 times, his throat was slit and he suffered a gunshot wound to the face.

If the jury determines there was no aggravating factor involved in Alexander's murder, the death penalty will be off the table and the judge will sentence Arias in 30 to 60 days. Arias could spend the rest of her life in prison or life in prison with the possibility of parole after 25 years.

If the jury is convinced of aggravating factors, the case will move into its final penalty phase.

After both sides give opening statements, Alexander's family members will have the opportunity to speak to the jury about the impact the crime has had on their lives. Neither the prosecutor nor the defense will be allowed to question the victim's survivors.

Both sides will then present witnesses to argue the existence of mitigating factors before Arias is allowed to make a statement to the jury and her family will also address the court to spare her life.

The jurors will ultimately decide whether Arias will be executed or not.

Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2695 on: May 15, 2013, 09:09:43 AM »

PHOENIX (CBS5/AP) -

Thanks Grace.

Could it be that the MCSO participation in arranging the post conviction interview with FOX's Troy Hayden is what's behind today's secret hearing was all about?

Janet

++++++

Troy explains how he got the Jodi Arias exclusive
May 09, 2013
By Troy Hayden, FOX 10 News

<snipped>

I sent the sheriff's office that voicemail, and they knew Jodi wanted to talk to me. They set things up on their end.

So since it was a first degree verdict, and I went straight from the courtroom where that verdict was read to the holding cells below the court.

Jodi was waiting for me there. That's how it was done

<snipped>

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22211896/2013/05/09/troy-explains-how-he-got-the-jodi-arias-exclusive

<snipped>

Officials with the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday the agency would not grant anymore media interviews with Arias after receiving a court order prohibiting authorities from facilitating the requests. The order came shortly after a closed door meeting with the judge and attorneys in the case.

<snipped>

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/05/15/jodi-arias-murder-death-penalty-jury.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2696 on: May 15, 2013, 09:19:20 AM »

The so-called "aggravation" phase of the trial is set for Wednesday, during which jurors will deliberate one more time to weigh the death penalty option.

Prosecutor Juan Martinez must convince the panel that the murder was committed in an especially cruel, heinous and depraved manner. This phase will be a mini-trial of sorts, as both sides call witnesses to present testimony to jurors — the defence in an effort to spare Arias' life, the prosecution to at least have a shot at a death sentence.

<snipped>

If jurors find the killing fits the definition of cruel and heinous, the panel will recommend either life in prison or death during the next and final penalty phase of the trial.

If the panel finds no aggravating factors exist, jurors will be dismissed and the judge will determine whether Arias should spend the rest of her life in prison or be sentenced to 25 years with the possibility of release.

<snipped>

If jurors on Wednesday find Arias' crime deserves consideration of the death penalty, the trial will move into yet another — and final — phase, during which prosecutors will call witnesses, including members of Alexander's family, aimed at convincing the panel she should face the ultimate punishment. Arias' attorneys, meanwhile, will also call witnesses, likely members of her family, in an attempt to gain sympathy from jurors to spare her life.

<snipped>

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2697 on: May 15, 2013, 09:34:28 AM »

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2698 on: May 15, 2013, 09:38:36 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-jury-hear-travis-alexanders-family-today/story?id=19181301
Jodi Arias Jury to Hear From Travis Alexander's Family Today
May 15, 2013

The same jurors that who convicted Jodi Arias of first degree murder for killing her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander will begin hearing testimony whether the death penalty should be an option for sentencing.

The prosecutor will have to prove one aggravating factor, convincing the jury that Alexander's murder was cruel, heinous, or depraved, warranting the death penalty. The aggravator phase is expected to take a day and a verdict could come as early as today.

The jury will return to the same courtroom in Maricopa County at 1 p.m. ET where prosecutor Juan Martinez is expected to call Dr. Kevin Horn, the medical examiner who performed the autopsy on Alexander's body. Alexander, a Mormon businessman, was stabbed 27 times, his throat was slit and he suffered a gunshot wound to the face.

If the jury determines there was no aggravating factor involved in Alexander's murder, the death penalty will be off the table and the judge will sentence Arias in 30 to 60 days. Arias could spend the rest of her life in prison or life in prison with the possibility of parole after 25 years.

If the jury is convinced of aggravating factors, the case will move into its final penalty phase.

After both sides give opening statements, Alexander's family members will have the opportunity to speak to the jury about the impact the crime has had on their lives. Neither the prosecutor nor the defense will be allowed to question the victim's survivors.

Both sides will then present witnesses to argue the existence of mitigating factors before Arias is allowed to make a statement to the jury and her family will also address the court to spare her life.

The jurors will ultimately decide whether Arias will be executed or not.

Video at Link

Thanks for the update Muffy   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2699 on: May 15, 2013, 09:43:38 AM »

You're welcome Sister.

Thank you in advance to the monkeys posting updates today.   

I enjoy reading everyone's comments too!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.