March 18, 2024, 08:21:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial  (Read 1660709 times)
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2800 on: May 15, 2013, 08:58:31 PM »

AS EVERYONE IS RISING FOR THE JURY, JODI TURNS TO HER ATTORNEY
AND TALKS TALKING AND THEY IGNORE THE JURY LEAVING.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2801 on: May 15, 2013, 09:00:50 PM »

I am suspicious that Jodi is up to something.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2802 on: May 15, 2013, 09:07:40 PM »

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
crazybabyborg
« Reply #2803 on: May 15, 2013, 09:33:37 PM »

Me three, but I'm thinking she's running out of means to successfully be up to too much. If she takes the stand on her own behalf, then whatever is up her sleeve will surely fall out! 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2804 on: May 15, 2013, 10:02:13 PM »

I heard that Joi will be more isolated while on death row which will be hard for her since she  likes to be the center of attention and will not have the socializing with other prisoners which she likes.

The jury has done an outstanding job.

A side note..listening to OJ today was so rehearsed and whoa is me, I did not do nothing wrong. I am a great guy...just misunderstood...blah blah blah...made me sick

crazybabyborg
« Reply #2805 on: May 15, 2013, 10:48:02 PM »

Wow.

I just heard Linda Kenny Baden say on HLN that she thinks the defense dodged a bullet today because no one stated the obvious; That Jodi slit Travis's throat because he was screaming and Jodi didn't want anyone to hear his cries for help. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2806 on: May 15, 2013, 10:58:52 PM »

Wow.

I just heard Linda Kenny Baden say on HLN that she thinks the defense dodged a bullet today because no one stated the obvious; That Jodi slit Travis's throat because he was screaming and Jodi didn't want anyone to hear his cries for help. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2807 on: May 15, 2013, 11:56:17 PM »

Wow.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #2808 on: May 16, 2013, 01:15:27 AM »

The jury's verdict Wednesday means the case moves to the sentencing phase.

"Now is a more complicated and a more difficult challenge for the prosecution, and a chance for the defense to really put on a case," CNN senior legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin said.

The defense will have an opportunity to ask the jury for mercy and present evidence to support why Arias should not be executed. Witnesses may include Arias' friends and family, and Arias could make a statement to the jury pleading for her life to be spared.

Members of Alexander's family may also testify.

The jury then will deliberate for a third time to determine whether Arias should be sentenced to life or death. Its decision must be unanimous. In the case of a deadlock, a new jury would be chosen for this phase only.

The trial's final phase starts at 10:30 a.m. (1:30 p.m. ET) Thursday. It's unclear how long it will take.

One thing is clear, Toobin said.

"This is the last decision the jury has to make," he said, "and things have not been going well for (Arias) so far."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/15/justice/arizona-jodi-arias-trial/index.html?eref=rss_mostpopular
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2809 on: May 16, 2013, 01:35:34 AM »

The jury's verdict Wednesday means the case moves to the sentencing phase.

"Now is a more complicated and a more difficult challenge for the prosecution, and a chance for the defense to really put on a case," CNN senior legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin said.

The defense will have an opportunity to ask the jury for mercy and present evidence to support why Arias should not be executed. Witnesses may include Arias' friends and family, and Arias could make a statement to the jury pleading for her life to be spared.

Members of Alexander's family may also testify.

The jury then will deliberate for a third time to determine whether Arias should be sentenced to life or death. Its decision must be unanimous. In the case of a deadlock, a new jury would be chosen for this phase only.

The trial's final phase starts at 10:30 a.m. (1:30 p.m. ET) Thursday. It's unclear how long it will take.

One thing is clear, Toobin said.

"This is the last decision the jury has to make," he said, "and things have not been going well for (Arias) so far."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/15/justice/arizona-jodi-arias-trial/index.html?eref=rss_mostpopular

I think this decision is going to be harder for the jury to all come to the same verdict. I think they should give her death but not lethal injection. She should be killed the same way she killed Travis but drug out so she will suffer. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #2810 on: May 16, 2013, 03:15:53 AM »

I have the same feeling that you do, GE. I think this final phase may be harder for the jury. A lot depends on how this phase goes; who we hear from, how compelling they are, and if there is a miscalculation by any of the defense witnesses, IMO.

I feel sure that whoever we hear from in Travis's family, it will be compelling and gut wrenching.

I have no idea how Jodi's Mother will do or what Jodi will say, should she take the stand. She's a big wild card in my book. If she maintains herself as she has so far, I think she's a goner. I can't imagine her being contrite, but have no idea what the jury's reaction would be to it. I want to believe that there's nothing she could say that would make any difference because nothing out of her mouth is trustworthy.

I don't know how to call it, but I feel sure this is going to be the hardest phase of all for the State and for the jury.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2811 on: May 16, 2013, 10:18:14 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1305/15/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Extreme Cruelty Proven in Jodi Arias Aggravation Phase
Aired May 15, 2013 - 19:00   ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1305/15/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE
Arias Guilty of Aggravating Factor
Aired May 15, 2013 - 20:00   ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1305/15/ddhln.01.html
DR. DREW
Penalty Phase: Jodi Arias on Trial
Aired May 15, 2013 - 21:00   ET

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2812 on: May 16, 2013, 10:28:34 AM »

May 16, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/BethKaras

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 24m
@IamSuz @twitlonger OK
 View conversation
 Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 28m
@escobedo_nena We believe Samantha and Steven Alexander will speak. They have been in court almost every day of the trial. #jodiarias
 View conversation
 Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 30m
@sandrareat Court begins at 1:30 pm ET/10:30 am in Phoenix today. #jodiarias
 View conversation
 Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 35m
The defense attorneys moved to withdraw from the case after the guilty verdict. The judge denied it. We do not... http://fb.me/CeHo0dju

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 36m
Judge Stephens denied the defense's motion to have victim impact statements videotaped. We expect two of them, live, later today. #jodiarias

https://www.facebook.com/BethKarasInsession/posts/10151367274691813
Beth Karas · 37,253 like this
40 minutes ago ·
The defense attorneys moved to withdraw from the case after the guilty verdict. The judge denied it. We do not know the basis for the defense motion. #jodiarias

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2813 on: May 16, 2013, 10:40:25 AM »

I heard that Joi will be more isolated while on death row which will be hard for her since she  likes to be the center of attention and will not have the socializing with other prisoners which she likes.

The jury has done an outstanding job.

A side note..listening to OJ today was so rehearsed and whoa is me, I did not do nothing wrong. I am a great guy...just misunderstood...blah blah blah...made me sick

I agree cookie, on both cases.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2814 on: May 16, 2013, 11:00:43 AM »

Jodi Arias jury to consider death penalty option
Posted: May 15, 2013 7:28 AM ET

<snipped>

If jurors on Wednesday find Arias' crime deserves consideration of the death penalty, the trial will move into yet another — and final — phase, during which prosecutors will call witnesses, including members of Alexander's family, aimed at convincing the panel she should face the ultimate punishment. Arias' attorneys, meanwhile, will also call witnesses, likely members of her family, in an attempt to gain sympathy from jurors to spare her life.

<snipped>

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/05/15/jodi-arias-murder-death-penalty-jury.html

Could it be that today Jodi Arias' parent/s will take the stand in her defense and ... jury members will be swayed away from a death penalty verdict?

++++

NANCY GRACE
Arias Parents in Police Interrogation
Aired April 29, 2013 - 20:00   ET

NANCY GRACE, HOST: We`re taking you inside the police interrogation room as they question Arias`s parents just two months after Travis Alexander`s brutal killing. This is interrogation, moments that even the jury has not seen,

Excerpts:

SANDRA ARIAS, MOTHER: Maybe she did do it. I don`t know. I just cannot even imagine her doing it!  Jodi has mental problems. Jodi would freak out all the time. I`ve had quite a few of her friends tell me that I needed to get her some help.

SANDRA ARIAS: She called me from Arizona. I mean, that was from Monterey. And I talked to her, and she told me she was going to Utah. And she came back and she was fine. (INAUDIBLE) she said, I spent a lot of time with some friends (INAUDIBLE) I wanted to stay there because they were going four-wheeling, but I had to come back and work, so -- how could somebody -- now, you say she did this - - come back and just be normal?

SANDRA ARIAS: (INAUDIBLE) (INAUDIBLE) her friends called and told her that he died (INAUDIBLE) freaked out, like she knew nothing about it. I mean, how could somebody do that?

SANDRA ARIAS: ... she talked about suicide to me a lot. And she said, The only reason I don`t do it, Mom (INAUDIBLE) and it`s because of us.

SANDRA ARIAS: And then her car -- she didn`t make her car payments for months and months and months. Do they do a psychiatric evaluation when they do things like this?

SANDRA ARIAS: Because (INAUDIBLE) one of the things when she was here (INAUDIBLE) I called (INAUDIBLE) she`s a member of the Mormon church, and I called the bishop here and wanted to know if there`s any way he could find out where she was going down there to the church because I wanted to talk to him and see if he could talk to Jodi and find out what`s going on because, like I said, she would just totally flip out on me.

SANDRA ARIAS: Just, like, call me one minute happy, and the next minute in tears. And -- I mean, she was just -- like, she was a totally different person.

SANDRA ARIAS: And her friend called me one night, and he said he even called some hotline to ask them questions about what she was doing. And they said sounds like she really needs some help. But she wouldn`t do anything.

SANDRA ARIAS: She would not even let me come down to Monterey to visit her and stay at her house because she was afraid I would snoop through her stuff. So that`s the kind of relationship she had. She -- she did not.

SANDRA ARIAS: I told her one day, I said, You need some help, Jodi. I said, You`ve got this fantasy in your head that you had a rotten childhood and that we searched your room all the time and we did all this stuff, and we didn`t. And you need some help because that didn`t happen.  The only time we ever searched her room was when she was in 8th grade and she was (INAUDIBLE) and she was growing pot

SANDRA ARIAS: She would call me in the morning all happy, and call me an hour or two later in tears, crying and sobbing about something she didn`t want to talk about. And that happened constantly, and her friends thought -- too -- I had one friend call me in the middle of the night, and he even called a hotline for bipolar people and said Jodi is bipolar and she needs help. And that`s when we talked her into coming back here so she could be around family.

WILLIAM ARIAS: .....

Read more:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1304/29/ng.01.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2815 on: May 16, 2013, 11:04:04 AM »

I have the same feeling that you do, GE. I think this final phase may be harder for the jury. A lot depends on how this phase goes; who we hear from, how compelling they are, and if there is a miscalculation by any of the defense witnesses, IMO.

I feel sure that whoever we hear from in Travis's family, it will be compelling and gut wrenching.

I have no idea how Jodi's Mother will do or what Jodi will say, should she take the stand. She's a big wild card in my book. If she maintains herself as she has so far, I think she's a goner. I can't imagine her being contrite, but have no idea what the jury's reaction would be to it. I want to believe that there's nothing she could say that would make any difference because nothing out of her mouth is trustworthy.

I don't know how to call it, but I feel sure this is going to be the hardest phase of all for the State and for the jury.

I agree.

Janet

_____

crazybabyborg
« Reply #2816 on: May 16, 2013, 11:34:15 AM »

Do you guys think Jodi will take the stand today? I'm not sure about it, but if I had to guess, I think I'd say, "Yes". It could backfire on her, depending on what she has to say and how she acts. I think her supposed "high IQ" will be verified or denied by the way she handles this today.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #2817 on: May 16, 2013, 11:42:42 AM »

May 16, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/BethKaras

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 24m
@IamSuz @twitlonger OK
 View conversation
 Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 28m
@escobedo_nena We believe Samantha and Steven Alexander will speak. They have been in court almost every day of the trial. #jodiarias
 View conversation
 Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 30m
@sandrareat Court begins at 1:30 pm ET/10:30 am in Phoenix today. #jodiarias
 View conversation
 Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 35m
The defense attorneys moved to withdraw from the case after the guilty verdict. The judge denied it. We do not... http://fb.me/CeHo0dju

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 36m
Judge Stephens denied the defense's motion to have victim impact statements videotaped. We expect two of them, live, later today. #jodiarias

https://www.facebook.com/BethKarasInsession/posts/10151367274691813
Beth Karas · 37,253 like this
40 minutes ago ·
The defense attorneys moved to withdraw from the case after the guilty verdict. The judge denied it. We do not know the basis for the defense motion. #jodiarias

Thanks, Muffy! My bet is that the defense made the point that they cannot adequately represent her if they cannot control her decisions to tank their defense. I believe it's possible that we'll see some of that post verdict interview today and it will be the State using it. Jodi also took a swipe at the defense team during that interview when she said that her hopes were that "A plea could be reached so some of the more murky things about Travis wouldn't have to come out". (Don't you just love the way she takes no accountability for those "murky lies" coming only from her mouth). It sounded to me that she was placing blame for no plea deal squarely on the shoulders of her defense attys.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2818 on: May 16, 2013, 12:17:38 PM »

Do you guys think Jodi will take the stand today? I'm not sure about it, but if I had to guess, I think I'd say, "Yes". It could backfire on her, depending on what she has to say and how she acts. I think her supposed "high IQ" will be verified or denied by the way she handles this today.

CBB ... I honestly don't know.  I can only assume that her attorneys have advised against taking the stand today.  However ... Jodi ... who claimed to AL's notes to have an IQ equal to Einstein ... may not have the common sense to adhere to advise ... common sense to realize that jury members ... who were one in convicting her of premeditated murder ... have concluded that EVERYTHING that comes from her lips is suspect ... EVERYTHING that comes from her lips is all about self.  Travis got it!

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial
March 15 at 12:55am

Texts to and from Travis:

05/26/08 0759 Outgoing I sent you a response to your dire conversation, that I hope you read because you need to read it. Maybe it will spark human emotion in you, something that only seems to exist when it comes to your own problems. But everyone else is just a part of your sick agenda. By the way, your pic comment to Danny Jones makes you look like a pure whore, even more to the people who know you. You should be embarrased by it. If he knew what I knew about you he’d spit in ur face. So would everyone else. I have never never in my life been hurt so bad by someone. But why do I even say it because you don’t care. It doesn’t serve your evilness.

05/26/08 0835 Outgoing You couldn’t get off your lazy butt to to read it could you. That’s the sociopath I know so well. It freakin figures.

05/26/08 0911 Outgoing I don’t want your apology I want you to understand how evil I think you are. You are the worst thing that ever happened to me.

05/26/08 0914 Outgoing You are a sociopath. You only cry for yourself. You have never cared out me and you have betrayed me worse than any example I could conjour you are sick and you have scamed me.

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis/posts/443968905679257

_____

crazybabyborg
« Reply #2819 on: May 16, 2013, 12:30:11 PM »

Great post and reference, Janet!   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.