March 18, 2024, 09:05:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial  (Read 1660730 times)
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2960 on: May 17, 2013, 07:53:18 PM »

Kermit ......
Just thinking out loud, but maybe the reason the defense is not putting the mother or the sibllings
on the stand is because the Prosecutor could cross or bring in rebuttal witness'?

If Jodi gets 25 years, she has already served 5 and with good behavior may get out earlier.
Can you imagine.

I might be wrong, but I would think any mother or family would want to do whatever they could
to plead to keep their child alive. To not do so, sends a msg to the jury imo.

I find it odd that the mom isn't going to take the stand either. Not surprised dad isn't but mom or grandma one would think would try and safe her. But maybe they aren't good enough liars for her.

I agree and for me, it makes me wonder why?

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2961 on: May 17, 2013, 07:54:59 PM »

Here's the deal - Jodi is not going to get better.
So, do we, as a society put her away for life and then let her out?

or just do away with her now.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2962 on: May 17, 2013, 08:03:04 PM »

After today's heartfelt victim impact statements, I felt I needed to make this.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2963 on: May 17, 2013, 08:15:51 PM »

Here's the deal - Jodi is not going to get better.
So, do we, as a society put her away for life and then let her out?

or just do away with her now.

No she isn't going to get any better. If she gets life I sure hope it is forever and she rots in jail. If she gets death she will appeal and appeal for years. I understand why they just cam't give her death and take her out and hang her azz. But it would be nice if they would.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2964 on: May 17, 2013, 08:46:48 PM »

Sister, Thank you so much for posting that picture! Yesterday was a sad, sad day for everyone with a heart to hear and see the hurt of the Alexander family.  Justice is coming Jodi and I for one don't want to hear anything more about you.
Thanks CarolF, but I just reposted Brndi's awesome artwork.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #2965 on: May 17, 2013, 09:45:59 PM »

This is a death penalty qualified jury, meaning that all jurors stated they had no moral objection to imposing the death penalty. They would not have made the cut to be on the jury, had they not passed that test. Now, saying it and actually doing it may be 2 different things and it's possible that there may be someone on the jury that finds it particularly difficult.

In some way, we've already seen the beginning of Justice done in this case. She's been found guilty of premeditated murder and I doubt there has been anything in the trial that would get her a successful appeal. The jury has found that the murder was particularly cruel. They've gotten everything right, so far. I heard someone offer a prediction on HLN that I think I agree with: If Jodi asks them to impose death, they will. If she asks them to save her life, they will. I'll expand on that this much........ if Jodi trashes Travis, if she accuses him of abuse, pedophilia, hypocrisy, etc. as a reason for why she "snapped", then I think she pushes the jury into imposing death. She would just be reminding the jury that the family will continue to be subjected to that garbage, and I believe Travis's family is firmly in their minds.

I want her absolutely shut down and shut up........ forever. I don't want her to have a market for anything she produces, whether that be artwork or her lies. That can be accomplished with the death penalty, and I think that's what the family wants, therefore, so do I. However, whether it's death or life, we're looking at probably 20 years before it's imposed and I want her shut down in the meantime.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2966 on: May 17, 2013, 10:24:00 PM »

I have a question... If Jodi does not receive the Death Penalty, will she get Life without Parole, or could she possibly get Life with the possibility of Parole??

If jurors don't reach a unanimous agreement on the death penalty, the judge will sentence Arias to either the rest of her life in prison or life in prison with the possibility of release after 25 years.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57584900-504083/jodi-arias-will-speak-about-who-she-is-defense-lawyer-tells-jurors-weighing-death-penalty/

If this should happen, I am willing to bet Judge Stephens will sentence her to life in prison. No release.

That's just my opinion.

dstrattenfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2967 on: May 18, 2013, 09:32:51 AM »

Dont know if ya'll have seen this its a 3DE mockup of the crime scene
http://travisalexandercrimescene3d.com/

"To live on in the hearts of others is not to die"
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2968 on: May 18, 2013, 09:49:19 AM »

Welcome to Scared Monkeys dstrattenfan!     Thank you for the link.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2969 on: May 18, 2013, 10:05:50 AM »

Welcome dstrattenfan   Thank you

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2970 on: May 18, 2013, 11:32:34 AM »

Jodi Arias must be directing her own defense.

If not ...

It would make sense that Jodi's attorneys would have her parents take the stand and apologize to Travis' family for recognizing their daughter had mental problems but failed to be more forceful in regards to seeking professional assistance.  Maybe Travis would still be pursuing his dreams.

It would make sense that Jodi's attorneys to have her siblings take the stand and share memories with the jury ... memories of good times in the past with their sister.

It would make sense that Jodi's parents openly address their daughter by assuring her that while they do not condone her actions ... actions to which there is accountability ... their love for her is unconditional nevertheless.

All the defense is accomplishing is revealing to the world ... revealing to the jury ... Jodi Arias has NOBODY significant in her corner.  IMO

If the scales of justice are to balance ... I believe Jodi Arias should receive the death penalty for the premeditated  murder beyond brutal of Travis Alexander.  On one hand ... I am thankful the defense attorneys are blowing it by preventing mitigating circumstances encompassing Jodi's mental health to be revealed.  On the other hand ... I just hope this is not an avenue for an appeal.

Janet

++++++

NANCY GRACE
Arias Parents in Police Interrogation
Aired April 29, 2013 - 20:00   ET

NANCY GRACE, HOST: We`re taking you inside the police interrogation room as they question Arias`s parents just two months after Travis Alexander`s brutal killing. This is interrogation, moments that even the jury has not seen,

Excerpts:

SANDRA ARIAS: Because (INAUDIBLE) one of the things when she was here (INAUDIBLE) I called (INAUDIBLE) she`s a member of the Mormon church, and I called the bishop here and wanted to know if there`s any way he could find out where she was going down there to the church because I wanted to talk to him and see if he could talk to Jodi and find out what`s going on because, like I said, she would just totally flip out on me.

SANDRA ARIAS: She would call me in the morning all happy, and call me an hour or two later in tears, crying and sobbing about something she didn`t want to talk about. And that happened constantly, and her friends thought -- too -- I had one friend call me in the middle of the night, and he even called a hotline for bipolar people and said Jodi is bipolar and she needs help. And that`s when we talked her into coming back here so she could be around family.

WILLIAM ARIAS: She`s a strange person because (INAUDIBLE) after she left the house, you know, just kind of (INAUDIBLE) strange. You know, she was really friendly. Sometimes she`ll call and real sweet, and 10 minutes later, she`ll call in a rage, you know, just screaming at my wife. She did that for (INAUDIBLE) for the last year-and-a-half, she was doing that a lot.

Read more:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1304/29/ng.01.html

Could it be that members of Jodi Arias' family will be called in the mitigation phase ... called to plea on her behalf?  Could the mitigation factor regarding mental illness be added to the existing list compiled by the defense?

Janet

+++++

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
May 17, 2013

<snipped>

REBECCA MITKIN, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: If the penal code says that she has diminished mental capacity which doesn`t rise to the level of not criminally responsible, which we already know that she`s way past that, then you get to use it as a mitigator.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: This mitigation process. I didn`t hear them stress, she is sick; she`s not all there. She -- they made some vague reference to borderline personality disorder, which they had already argued against, because that was the prosecution theory. I mean, have they dropped the ball on the mental illness?

MONICA LINDSTROM, FORMER PROSECUTOR: Jane, that is such a great point. Because that is something that they could sink their teeth into. Because they`ve had three experts -- well, four experts up there -- talk about her mental issues or her mental sickness or disability. So it could be helpful to them.

<snipped>

Read more:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1305/17/ijvm.01.html

NANCY GRACE
May 17, 2013

<snipped>

GRACE: ... I expect the mitigation to go on next week. I expect we will hear from Jodi Arias, even though her last turn on the stand did her no favors. I expect to hear from her mother and/or grandmother, from friends and lovers, but I would put my money on the mother and the grandmother. If anyone can save Arias now, it`s them.

Read more:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1305/17/ng.01.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2971 on: May 18, 2013, 11:38:06 AM »

dstrattenfan

Welcome to the Monkey cage!!!

Janet

_____

crazybabyborg
« Reply #2972 on: May 18, 2013, 11:47:17 AM »

Hi, dstrattenfan! 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2973 on: May 18, 2013, 11:48:10 AM »

The Mitigating Factors

Jodi Arias Penalty Phase - Day 1 - Part 1
May 16, 2013

Judge Sherry Stephens (JSS)

JSS:

<snipped>

The fact that the defendant has been convicted of first degree murder is unrelated to the existence of mitigating circumstances. You must give independent consideration to all of the evidence concerning mitigating circumstances despite the conviction. The circumstances proposed as mitigation by the Defendant for your consideration in this case are:

1. Defendant was 27 years old at the time of the offense.
2. Defendant has no prior criminal history.
3. Defendant was a good friend.
4. Defendant lacked support from her family.
5. Defendant suffered abuse and neglect as a child and as an adult.
6. Defendant tried to make the best of her life.
7. Defendant consistently tried to improve herself.
8. Defendant is a talented artist.

<snipped>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2LHro5_RZA

Transcript Credit: TxJan1971
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9448057&postcount=1479

_____

crazybabyborg
« Reply #2974 on: May 18, 2013, 11:53:55 AM »

That's an interesting link, dstrattenfan! I think it's the first time I really understand the layout of where this happened. Thanks!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #2975 on: May 18, 2013, 12:03:53 PM »

The Mitigating Factors

May 16, 2013

JSS:

<snipped>

The fact that the defendant has been convicted of first degree murder is unrelated to the existence of mitigating circumstances. You must give independent consideration to all of the evidence concerning mitigating circumstances despite the conviction. The circumstances proposed as mitigation by the Defendant for your consideration in this case are:

1. Defendant was 27 years old at the time of the offense. ( She's got plenty of longevity left to kill again.)
2. Defendant has no prior criminal history. (Well, she sure does now!)
3. Defendant was a good friend. (I think Travis would disagree)
4. Defendant lacked support from her family. (Her family paid her unpaid car payments and provided stuff for her to steal....like a gun)
5. Defendant suffered abuse and neglect as a child and as an adult. (According to Jodi... and she's such a truthful girl!)
6. Defendant tried to make the best of her life. (If that's the case, then Bonnie and Clyde are her mentors)
7. Defendant consistently tried to improve herself. (What; she took cutlery courses? Yeah, give her an A+!)
8. Defendant is a talented artist. (Which would keep her in the public eye and a painful thorn to Travis' family!)

<snipped>

My comments in blue.....
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2976 on: May 18, 2013, 12:28:02 PM »

The Mitigating Factors

May 16, 2013

JSS:

<snipped>

1. Defendant was 27 years old at the time of the offense. ( She's got plenty of longevity left to kill again.)
2. Defendant has no prior criminal history. (Well, she sure does now!)
3. Defendant was a good friend. (I think Travis would disagree)
4. Defendant lacked support from her family. (Her family paid her unpaid car payments and provided stuff for her to steal....like a gun)
5. Defendant suffered abuse and neglect as a child and as an adult. (According to Jodi... and she's such a truthful girl!)
6. Defendant tried to make the best of her life. (If that's the case, then Bonnie and Clyde are her mentors)
7. Defendant consistently tried to improve herself. (What; she took cutlery courses? Yeah, give her an A+!)
8. Defendant is a talented artist. (Which would keep her in the public eye and a painful thorn to Travis' family!)

<snipped>

My comments in blue.....

Logic dictates!!

Juan Martinez - Response to Defense's Mitigation Factors!

31:35
JM:  Today in these proceedings the defendant is asking you to consider certain aspects of her life. In fact, those aspects of her life have been read to you by the court, the Defense counsel has addressed them to you, and there were eight of them that were set out for you to take a look at. With regard to those eight factors, one of the things that defense counsel indicated to you was that you can find other factors from the evidence that has been presented. However, the law is such that you are not to act as an advocate or an investigator to try to find mitigating factors. .......

Jodi Arias Penalty Phase - Day 1 - Part 1, 2, 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5UKfPV-U2s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VCvpWyF-uA

Youtube Credit: croakerqueen123

_____

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2977 on: May 18, 2013, 01:16:48 PM »

Thanks for the link. That's an interesting perspective.

And ...

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2978 on: May 18, 2013, 02:48:26 PM »

The following episode of 48 house was shown on yesterday evening of CBS.  No time to view right now but ... maybe later IF almost two year old granddaughter who was just dropped off has a nap as per her Mommy's instructions.

Janet
11:50 AM PT

+++++

Unraveling the lies of Jodi Arias
May 17, 2013 7:45 PM

Convicted of murder, "48 Hours" interviews were evidence in her trial. Will she be put to death? Maureen Maher reports.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50147080n

_____

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2979 on: May 18, 2013, 04:42:39 PM »

The following episode of 48 house was shown on yesterday evening of CBS.  No time to view right now but ... maybe later IF almost two year old granddaughter who was just dropped off has a nap as per her Mommy's instructions.

Janet
11:50 AM PT

+++++

Unraveling the lies of Jodi Arias
May 17, 2013 7:45 PM

Convicted of murder, "48 Hours" interviews were evidence in her trial. Will she be put to death? Maureen Maher reports.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50147080n

I watched it. Didn't know it was going to be on Jodi.

I got tired of watching her lie.

I think I turned it off before it was over.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.