March 19, 2024, 04:14:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial  (Read 1660925 times)
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3680 on: May 24, 2013, 08:02:32 PM »

Forgive me for saying this but Jodie has demonic COOCHIE

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3681 on: May 24, 2013, 08:03:43 PM »

The saving grace in this case is the jury found  Jodi  guilty, and it's now a matter of which punishment.  She will be in prison one way or the other.  In CA's case, well, she got off imo. 
muffy
Yes she will die there! Grow old and haggard! She's going up,against some cons and manipulator s that would make hers seem like nothing.

Loca
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3682 on: May 24, 2013, 08:09:05 PM »

Forgive me for saying this but Jodie has demonic COOCHIE

Monkey Devil!  Monkey Devil!

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3683 on: May 24, 2013, 08:58:31 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/arias-foreman-sentencing-decision-unfair-jury-19252791#.UZ_zn74o7IU

Arias Foreman: Sentencing Decision Unfair to Jury
PHOENIX May 24, 2013

The jury foreman in Jodi Arias' trial says the panel just couldn't decide whether the killing of her boyfriend was enough to merit a death a sentence.

William Zervakos tells The Associated Press jurors struggled with what they called a flawed system, explaining Arias wasn't "Jeffrey Dahmer or Charles Manson." They thought it was unfair that 12 average Americans who aren't lawyers had to make such a crucial decision.

The 69-year-old said Friday the entire panel believed the slaying was no doubt brutal. But he says they had to take into account Arias' lack of a criminal history or any previous violent behavior.

Silly me.  I thought that any juror who voted to convict Jodi of the PREMEDITATED BEYOND CRUEL murder of Travis Alexander would have disregarded all mitigating factors ... mitigating factors that implied mercy for the defendant while denying justice for the victim.  What a betrayal to Travis and his family!

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3684 on: May 24, 2013, 10:06:06 PM »

Again, a jury male foreman who probably led the group to not give this biotch life, is that true?
Reminds me that there was also a male jury foreman who led the group to let Casey Anthony off..

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3685 on: May 24, 2013, 10:12:04 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/arias-foreman-sentencing-decision-unfair-jury-19252791#.UZ_zn74o7IU

Arias Foreman: Sentencing Decision Unfair to Jury
PHOENIX May 24, 2013

The jury foreman in Jodi Arias' trial says the panel just couldn't decide whether the killing of her boyfriend was enough to merit a death a sentence.

William Zervakos tells The Associated Press jurors struggled with what they called a flawed system, explaining Arias wasn't "Jeffrey Dahmer or Charles Manson." They thought it was unfair that 12 average Americans who aren't lawyers had to make such a crucial decision.

The 69-year-old said Friday the entire panel believed the slaying was no doubt brutal. But he says they had to take into account Arias' lack of a criminal history or any previous violent behavior.

Eh? WTH...

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3686 on: May 24, 2013, 10:19:08 PM »

It appears that the jury foreman embraced many of the defense's mitigation factors and then voted against a death penalty verdict.  How man other jurors did the foreman influence?

Janet

++++++

Jury foreman says life or death decision unfair
May 24, 2013 4:18 PM PST

<snipped>

Zervakos described a deliberations room full of tears and spinning moral compasses as each juror struggled to come to grips with their own beliefs about what factors - including Arias' young age at the time of the killing and her lack of criminal history - should cause them to show mercy and spare her life.

<snipped>

Zervakos declined to discuss his thoughts or those of other jurors on whether Arias should have been sentenced to death or life. But he said he was torn between her two personas: a killer and an average young woman struggling through life.

"You heard (prosecutor Juan) Martinez say she was only 27. ... She's old enough that she should have known better," Zervakos said. "I didn't look at it that way. I'm looking at 27 years of an absolutely normal everyday young woman that was living a life that was perfectly normal. Then something changed the trajectory of her life after meeting Travis Alexander, and it spiraled downhill from there."

<snipped>

http://www.kltv.com/story/22413472/jury-in-arias-case-gives-up-after-no-consensus

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3687 on: May 24, 2013, 10:21:58 PM »

It appears that the jury foreman embraced many of the defense's mitigation factors and then voted against a death penalty verdict.  How man other jurors did the foreman influence?

Janet

++++++

<snipped>

Zervakos described a deliberations room full of tears and spinning moral compasses as each juror struggled to come to grips with their own beliefs about what factors - including Arias' young age at the time of the killing and her lack of criminal history - should cause them to show mercy and spare her life.

<snipped>

Zervakos declined to discuss his thoughts or those of other jurors on whether Arias should have been sentenced to death or life. But he said he was torn between her two personas: a killer and an average young woman struggling through life.

"You heard (prosecutor Juan) Martinez say she was only 27. ... She's old enough that she should have known better," Zervakos said. {{{{"I didn't look at it that way. I'm looking at 27 years of an absolutely normal everyday young woman that was living a life that was perfectly normal. Then something changed the trajectory of her life after meeting Travis Alexander, and it spiraled downhill from there."}}}}}}

<snipped>

http://www.kltv.com/story/22413472/jury-in-arias-case-gives-up-after-no-consensus

In the brackets above......Wow...I did not get that at all...

crazybabyborg
« Reply #3688 on: May 24, 2013, 10:28:09 PM »

You all know that I was hoping for a death sentence from this jury, if for no other reason, it was what Travis's family wanted. It's what I want from a new jury as well.

I do want to say something about our justice system that allows "mitigating factors" to be considered when sentencing. Jodi didn't have any that should have mattered, IMO, but I do see the wisdom in allowing them to be presented, in general. I'm always reminded of the scripture that says, "Luke 12:48 (King James Version) But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more".

These are extreme examples, just to make the point, but let's say the Father of a young son, who was raped by his teacher, shoots and kills the rapist. Then let's consider the child rapist who buries a child alive to get rid of her because police are becoming suspicious of him. They are both cases of premeditated murder, the victims are both dead, but I would say the sentences should be very different. The mitigating circumstances are very different, IMO.

There wasn't a single mitigating factor in the defense's list that should have mattered one ounce in Jodi's case, but that's not always the case.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #3689 on: May 24, 2013, 10:40:04 PM »

Janet

++++++

<snipped>

<snipped>

"You heard (prosecutor Juan) Martinez say she was only 27. ... She's old enough that she should have known better," Zervakos said. {{{{"I didn't look at it that way. I'm looking at 27 years of an absolutely normal everyday young woman that was living a life that was perfectly normal. Then something changed the trajectory of her life after meeting Travis Alexander, and it spiraled downhill from there."}}}}}}

<snipped>

In the brackets above......Wow...I did not get that at all...

Me either, Cookie! Juan's got to polish his closing argument next time, IMO. He had a brilliant tactic (which was true) when he told the jury she murdered Travis 3 times. That lack of a criminal history should have been answered with reminding the jury that in a sense she was a serial killer and that she committed the crime of murder three times whether it was charged that way or not. He should have reminded them of her lack of mercy by killing the wounded, over and over again. He should have reminded them of the callousness required to phone back to Travis's home, to immediately go to another man and coolly establish an alibi.

She was 27, but one cold and worldly biotch.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3690 on: May 24, 2013, 10:48:40 PM »

Can someone go to radar.com and bring over the article that the jury foreman gave...I don!t know how to do it on my ipad. He said that Jodi had been crucified! Wackadoodle...
Thx..

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3691 on: May 24, 2013, 10:50:03 PM »

Radaronline...sorry

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3692 on: May 24, 2013, 11:04:05 PM »

The PREMEDITATED murder of Travis Alexander is worthy of the death penalty whether Jodi brought along a handful of sleeping pills on the road trip and slipped them into a beverage or ... brought along a knife and a gun with the intention of stabbing and shooting Travis.

When someone "WITHOUT PREMEDITATION" causes the death of another person ... I do not necessarily adhere to the death penalty.  I concede that aggravating and mitigating factors should be considered when ruling on the penalty/consequences.

I believe the death penalty for a PREMEDITATED murder translates into the highest regard for life.  It sends the message if you CHOOSE to take the life of another ... then you must be prepared to forfeit yours.

IMO

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3693 on: May 24, 2013, 11:10:31 PM »

Cookie ... is this the article?

Janet

+++++

Jodi Arias Jury Foreman Speaks Out — ‘This Girl Was Crucified In The Court Of Public Opinion’
Posted on May 24, 2013

After 13 hours of deliberation a jury of 12 was unable to come to a unanimous decision in the penalty phase of the Jodi Arias murder trial, resulting in a mistrial, and now the jury foreman is speaking out for the first time and RadarOnline.com has all the details.

“The best word I can use is surreal,” Bill Zervakos answered when asked by Inside Edition to describe the experience of the Arias trial.

“One of the reasons I’m doing these interviews, and I’m doing very few, is because after we got out of this we heard about the sensationalism…we knew it was a big deal…but we had no clue the scope of it, literally worldwide. We had no clue about how much vitriol and hatred there was for Jodi Arias out there.

PHOTOS: Jodi Arias In Shackles, Prison Stripes And Full Make Up

“What she did was horrible, there’s no question about it, but this is a human being. Our jury’s prudence system is based on innocent until proven guilty. And this girl was crucified in the court of public opinion. We didn’t know that of course until after the fact.

On May 8 the jury convicted Arias of first-degree murder in the brutal slaying of her ex-lover Travis Alexander — but whether she will get the death penalty or not will now be decided by a new jury of 12.

“I don’t want to be overly dramatic, but I don’t think any of the 12 of us went through this, actually 15, but the 12 of us that deliberated specifically, could go through this without a changing of…the changing some of our values and perceptions. So I don’t necessarily want to use the word life-changing, but it certainly had a major impact on our lives, how we view things, the monumental responsibility,” Zervakos said.

<snipped>

“There was a Jodi Arias before June 4 of 2008 and a Jodi Arias after June 4 of 2008. Jodi Arias before that time seemed like an absolutely normal young woman; going through relationships, ups and downs, there was no history of any kind of violence, there was no history of any unusual problems with relationships, they were pretty typical.

“But then there was the Jodi Arias after this horrendous crime, so why would I not expect lies? Why would I not expect her to try and cover her tracks? I think the interviews, to be candid with you, and I’ve understood that she’s done some since the trial and just before it was over, I don’t think it was very smart of her. But did it affect our decision? I wouldn’t think so, no.”

Zavakos went on to tell the news show that the jury was deadlocked 8-4, without revealing his own vote, but saying the majority vote was to give Arias the death penalty.

PHOTOS: Inside Jodi Arias’ 7x11ft Cell

“There were moments of contention all the way through because every decision we made was huge. Everybody is so emotionally charged and we’re having to control those emotions and it’s only fair when those emotions bubble over but we’re able to reel it back in,” he said.

Interestingly, Zavakos revealed he did believe Arias suffered abuse at the hands of Alexander.

“I do believe that she was emotionally and verbally abused,” he said, also noting the impact of the Alexander family’s pain and suffering saying, “You can’t listen to that kind of hurt, the pain, the anguish, and not be touched.”

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/05/jodi-arias-jury-foreman-interview-video/

_____

crazybabyborg
« Reply #3694 on: May 24, 2013, 11:11:40 PM »

Can someone go to radar.com and bring over the article that the jury foreman gave...I don!t know how to do it on my ipad. He said that Jodi had been crucified! Wackadoodle...
Thx..

Here's the link to the full article and the excerpt you referred to, Cookie:

“What she did was horrible, there’s no question about it, but this is a human being. Our jury’s prudence system is based on innocent until proven guilty. And this girl was crucified in the court of public opinion. We didn’t know that of course until after the fact.”

Full article:  http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/05/jodi-arias-jury-foreman-interview-video/

SHE was crucified? What about TRAVIS???   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #3695 on: May 24, 2013, 11:13:22 PM »

Sorry, Janet........... didn't know you were getting it.   
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3696 on: May 24, 2013, 11:15:31 PM »

Thx..

Here's the link to the full article and the excerpt you referred to, Cookie:

“What she did was horrible, there’s no question about it, but this is a human being. Our jury’s prudence system is based on innocent until proven guilty. And this girl was crucified in the court of public opinion. We didn’t know that of course until after the fact.”

Full article:  http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/05/jodi-arias-jury-foreman-interview-video/

SHE was crucified? What about TRAVIS???   

I agree.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3697 on: May 24, 2013, 11:19:01 PM »

Sorry, Janet........... didn't know you were getting it.   

No problem.  I guess a link would have sufficed.

Janet

_____

cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3698 on: May 25, 2013, 01:58:20 AM »

Hi Monkeys.
Did Jodi shot TA with TA's  gun?
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #3699 on: May 25, 2013, 02:02:46 AM »

Hi Monkeys.
Did Jodi shot TA with TA's  gun?

That's what Jodi is saying.  Her grandparent's gun was reported missing a few weeks before Travis was killed and it was the same caliber that Travis was shot with.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.