March 19, 2024, 01:33:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial  (Read 1660842 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3700 on: May 25, 2013, 07:28:03 AM »

Hi Monkeys.
Did Jodi shot TA with TA's  gun?

That's what Jodi is saying.  Her grandparent's gun was reported missing a few weeks before Travis was killed and it was the same caliber that Travis was shot with.   

There is NO indication whatsoever that Travis owned a gun.

And as KCJackie stated, the same calibre gun as was used in the murder of Travis Alexander, was reported stolen from Jodi's grandparents' home. The robbery was reported on May 28, less than a week before the murder. Jodi was living at their home at the time.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3701 on: May 25, 2013, 09:12:50 AM »

Thx for bringing the radar article over.
I think that the jury foreman commandeered the hold out about Jodi not being put to death.
The jury fore man in these cases seem to carry a lot of weight with jurors. He must have fallen under Jodi's spell...yuk.

This was a premeditated murder..pure and simple.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3702 on: May 25, 2013, 09:59:54 AM »

Jury foreman says life or death decision unfair
By BRIAN SKOLOFF | Associated Press – 5 hrs ago
PHOENIX (AP) — They were 12 ordinary citizens who didn't oppose the death penalty. But unlike spectators outside the courthouse who followed the case like a daytime soap opera and jumped to demand Jodi Arias' execution, the jurors faced a decision that was wrenching and real, with implications that could haunt them forever.

It was a brutal no-win situation. ... I think that's kind of unfair," the 69-year-old added. "We're not lawyers. We can't interpret the law. We're mere mortals. And I will tell you I've never felt more mere as a mortal than I felt for the last five months."
Zervakos said the most difficult time of the entire trial was hearing directly from victim Travis Alexander's family as his brother and sister tearfully explained how his killing has shattered their lives.

"You've got Travis Alexander's family devastated, that he was killed, that he was brutally killed. You've got Jodi Arias' family sitting in there, both families sitting and seeing these humiliating images and listening to unbelievably lurid private details of their lives, and you've got a woman whose life is over, too," Zervakos said. "I mean, who's winning in this situation? And we were stuck in the middle."

You heard (prosecutor Juan) Martinez say she was only 27. ... She's old enough that she should have known better," Zervakos said. "I didn't look at it that way. I'm looking at 27 years of an absolutely normal everyday young woman that was living a life that was perfectly normal. Then something changed the trajectory of her life after meeting Travis Alexander, and it spiraled downhill from there."

Prosecutors now have the option to take the death penalty off the table and avoid a new penalty phase. The judge would then determine whether to sentence Arias to spend her entire life behind bars, or give her life with the possibility of release after 25 years. Given Arias could not afford her own defense, taxpayers footed the bill for court-appointed attorneys at a cost so far of nearly $1.7 million, a price tag that will only balloon if the case moves forward.

If Arias faces a new penalty phase, her murder conviction would stand, leaving the new panel tasked only with sentencing her. However, the proceedings could drag on for several more months as the new jury reviews evidence and witness testimony.
If the second jury cannot reach a unanimous decision, the judge would then sentence Arias to one of the life-in-prison options. The judge cannot sentence Arias to death.

http://news.yahoo.com/jury-foreman-says-life-death-decision-unfair-000931802.html

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3703 on: May 25, 2013, 10:27:16 AM »

Joran Van der Sloot  IMO should have gotten Death but your all ok with the fact that  he will be out some day killing someone else.
Look what he did to Natalee /Stephany Flores

IMO Life would be fair for Jodi she admitted she killed him after all the lies
 Joran is still not telling Beth where Natalee is he is a true  MONSTER
Jodi is broken I believe she HAD Dissociation (psychology) herself
Dissociation is a term in psychology describing a wide array of experiences from mild detachment from immediate surroundings to more severe detachment from ...
I BELIEVE THIS BECAUSE I HAVE DONE THIS and not remembered what I did after I did it
You don't have to agree with me I was just putting it out there
Also you can just skip over my post instead of being rude

Don't judge me unless you have looked through my eyes, experienced what I have, and cried as many tears as me. Until then back-off, cause you have no idea what it's like to be abused and have  the Authorities believing him and not me

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3704 on: May 25, 2013, 11:50:35 AM »

Joran Van der Sloot  IMO should have gotten Death but your all ok with the fact that  he will be out some day killing someone else.

Dissociation is a term in psychology describing a wide array of experiences from mild detachment from immediate surroundings to more severe detachment from ...
I BELIEVE THIS BECAUSE I HAVE DONE THIS and not remembered what I did after I did it

Don't judge me unless you have looked through my eyes, experienced what I have, and cried as many tears as me. Until then back-off, cause you have no idea what it's like to be abused and have  the Authorities believing him and not me

Blonde

I am not judging you.  My perspective may differ from yours in regards to Jodi Arias but ... I am not judging you.  Obviously others share your viewpoint ... the jury foreman being one of them.

Janet

Jury foreman says life or death decision unfair
May 24, 2013 4:18 PM PST

<snipped>

Zervakos described a deliberations room full of tears and spinning moral compasses as each juror struggled to come to grips with their own beliefs about what factors - including Arias' young age at the time of the killing and her lack of criminal history - should cause them to show mercy and spare her life.

<snipped>

Zervakos declined to discuss his thoughts or those of other jurors on whether Arias should have been sentenced to death or life. But he said he was torn between her two personas: a killer and an average young woman struggling through life.

"You heard (prosecutor Juan) Martinez say she was only 27. ... She's old enough that she should have known better," Zervakos said. "I didn't look at it that way. I'm looking at 27 years of an absolutely normal everyday young woman that was living a life that was perfectly normal. Then something changed the trajectory of her life after meeting Travis Alexander, and it spiraled downhill from there."

<snipped>

http://www.kltv.com/story/22413472/jury-in-arias-case-gives-up-after-no-consensus

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3705 on: May 25, 2013, 11:55:20 AM »

Sounds like the jury foreman had Stockholm syndrome..... 

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3706 on: May 25, 2013, 12:10:26 PM »

Thx for bringing the radar article over.
I think that the jury foreman commandeered the hold out about Jodi not being put to death.
The jury fore man in these cases seem to carry a lot of weight with jurors. He must have fallen under Jodi's spell...yuk.

This was a premeditated murder..pure and simple.

cookie

Considering the prior verdicts ... the jury foreman does contend that the murder of Travis Alexander was premeditated and ... the premeditated murder was cruel.  However ... the jury foreman has embraced some of the defense's mitigation factors ... mitigation factors that affords mercy to Jodi rather than justice for Travis ... justice that would balance the scale.

1. Defendant was 27 years old at the time of the offense.
2. Defendant has no prior criminal history.
3. Defendant was a good friend.
4. Defendant lacked support from her family.
5. Defendant suffered abuse and neglect as a child and as an adult.
6. Defendant tried to make the best of her life.
7. Defendant consistently tried to improve herself.
8. Defendant is a talented artist.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
crazybabyborg
« Reply #3707 on: May 25, 2013, 12:31:38 PM »

Hi Blonde! 

You've been around as long as I have and know that there's room for various opinions and we all bring our own life experience to any of these cases. I respect your thoughts and feelings about this one. The only thing in your post that I'm prepared to take issue with, is when you said we're OK with Joran walking out of jail someday. I'm not OK with that, and I couldn't let that pass in a thread where I post, without saying so. My fervent hope is that the only way Joran will ever leave that jail is to be carried out in a pine box. And if it's in a hundred pieces, that's even better!   

You'll get no judgement from me on your opinions about Jodi, even if they differ from my own.   

The compelling factors, for me, in the sentencing of this case are the family and Jodi's arrogance. I'd like the sentencing to give the family as much peace as possible and they want the death penalty. I've seen no sincere remorse coming from Jodi, or any truth from her that she wasn't forced to give because the evidence could disprove her lies. She admitted killing him because the other stories she told could be disproved by her hand print, in his blood, at the scene and by the pictures from the camera. It was to her advantage to admit it and come up with another scenario where it still wasn't her fault. What was left to her was to continue to kill what was left of Travis......his memory and reputation. She chose to hurt him again to save herself, and that's very telling, to me, about assessing any mercy that might be given her. IMO, Jodi has done no soul searching over what she did at all. Regardless of what sentence she ends up with, I want Jodi to loose hope....... for Jodi's sake! Travis is gone. She will die as well, just like we all do, but whether it's life or imposed death, Jodi's got 20 years to come to grips with who she is and what her eternal existence is all about. Maybe if a jury can remove her hope that manipulation will accomplish anything for her, she will finally look in a mirror and change what's looking back. That would be best for Jodi. Giving her the chance to be the object of jail celebrity just feeds her arrogance and lies and hurts the family. JMO.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3708 on: May 25, 2013, 12:39:54 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1305/24/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Secrets from the Jodi Jury
Aired May 24, 2013 - 19:00   ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1305/24/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE
Jodi Arias Penalty Verdict
Aired May 24, 2013 - 20:00   ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1305/24/ddhln.01.html
DR. DREW
The Love of Travis`s Life?
Aired May 24, 2013 - 21:00   ET

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3709 on: May 25, 2013, 01:21:25 PM »

Hi Blonde! 

You've been around as long as I have and know that there's room for various opinions and we all bring our own life experience to any of these cases. I respect your thoughts and feelings about this one. The only thing in your post that I'm prepared to take issue with, is when you said we're OK with Joran walking out of jail someday. I'm not OK with that, and I couldn't let that pass in a thread where I post, without saying so. My fervent hope is that the only way Joran will ever leave that jail is to be carried out in a pine box. And if it's in a hundred pieces, that's even better!   

You'll get no judgement from me on your opinions about Jodi, even if they differ from my own.   

The compelling factors, for me, in the sentencing of this case are the family and Jodi's arrogance. I'd like the sentencing to give the family as much peace as possible and they want the death penalty. I've seen no sincere remorse coming from Jodi, or any truth from her that she wasn't forced to give because the evidence could disprove her lies. She admitted killing him because the other stories she told could be disproved by her hand print, in his blood, at the scene and by the pictures from the camera. It was to her advantage to admit it and come up with another scenario where it still wasn't her fault. What was left to her was to continue to kill what was left of Travis......his memory and reputation. She chose to hurt him again to save herself, and that's very telling, to me, about assessing any mercy that might be given her. IMO, Jodi has done no soul searching over what she did at all. Regardless of what sentence she ends up with, I want Jodi to loose hope....... for Jodi's sake! Travis is gone. She will die as well, just like we all do, but whether it's life or imposed death, Jodi's got 20 years to come to grips with who she is and what her eternal existence is all about. Maybe if a jury can remove her hope that manipulation will accomplish anything for her, she will finally look in a mirror and change what's looking back. That would be best for Jodi. Giving her the chance to be the object of jail celebrity just feeds her arrogance and lies and hurts the family. JMO.

I also had no remorse when I stabbed my ex in the arm.
 I was proud of myself and thought I didn't do anything wrong, and still don't
It was building inside of me for 4 years and all it took was one more time of his crap and I snapped. also i don't remember all of that day
 I don't regret it only wish I killed him..
If I had it to do over again I would have shot him in the heart .. Leaving him alive was wrong because he still drives by my house and if i wasn't armed he would get even with me ..
 I'm  living in fear of him coming into my home while my husbands at work and I'm alone kills me.
Having to be afraid to go outside or take a walk in my neighborhood with out my gun kills me 
 I have 4 Surveillance Cameras at my home and never keep windows open at night my husband don't understand this.
 I will never be OK because the authorities didn't believe ME 
He's free and I'm not 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3710 on: May 25, 2013, 01:43:13 PM »

Look what he did to Natalee /Stephany Flore

<Respectfully snipped by Tamikosmom>

Blonde

If justice for Stephany Flores was objective ... Joran van der Sloot should have gotten death for the murder beyond brutal.  However ... Peru does not have the death penalty and ... the corrupt Peruvian judiciary ruled that he was not even deserving of life without parole ... a sentence that the Flores family petitioned the court.  The implication?  IF Peruvian justice prevails and ... time served and good behavior are taken into consideration ... Joran will be again walking the streets in a relatively short period of time and ... "Natalees" and "Stephanys" will again be at risk.  That is not OK with me and ... I know it is not OK with Beth.

There is an upcoming May 29 sentence appeal by Joran.  Please keep Stephany's family in your prayers as Joran continues to taunt them.  Thanks.

Janet

++++++

The Writing on the Wall

Monkeys Media Reminder … Beth Holloway & Peter R. DeVries on Dana Pretzer Show on Scared Monkeys Radio
February 13th, 2008

Beth Holloway:

47:50 - "I feel strongly that he (Joran) is a time bomb that is waiting to go off.  He will strike again.  It is not just for Natalee that I would like to see him behind bars.  I think he has shown us all he has no control over himself or his actions."

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/2008/02/13/monkeys-media-reminder-beth-holloway-peter-r-devries-on-dana-pretzer-show-on-scared-monkeys-radio/

Natalee Holloway Suspect Wanted in Peru
June 11, 2010

<snipped>

An international news agency is reporting Joran Van Der Sloot is a suspect in the murder of a 21 year old woman in Peru. Van Der Sloot was the prime suspect in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway in Aruba five years ago.  According to BNO News the victim in this new case is Stephany Tatiana Flores Ramirez who was found dead this morning after disappearing Friday. Her family says she was last seen leaving a casino with Van Der Sloot.

CBS 42 News will continue to follow this developing story.

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Natalee-Holloway-Suspect-Wanted-in-Peru/aX4VxsGyFkiLkrg1pW-65g.cspx

s.t.

_____

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #3711 on: May 25, 2013, 01:55:39 PM »

Snipped for space

[/quote]

It was building inside of me for 4 years and all it took was one more time of his crap and I snapped. also i don't remember all of that day
If I had it to do over again I would have shot him in the heart .. Leaving him alive was wrong because he still drives by my house and if i wasn't armed he would get even with me ..
 I'm  living in fear of him coming into my home while my husbands at work and I'm alone kills me.
Having to be afraid to go outside or take a walk in my neighborhood with out my gun kills me 
 I have 4 Surveillance Cameras at my home and never keep windows open at night my husband don't understand this.
He's free and I'm not 
[/quote]

Bolonde,

Do you take a digital camera with you on your walks?

I remember that you are talented at taking photographs.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #3712 on: May 25, 2013, 02:01:52 PM »

Flamom, could be.

I wonder if the jury foreman has a daughter that resembles Jodi? 
Did Jodi, resemble someone in his family?

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3713 on: May 25, 2013, 02:06:09 PM »

Flamom, could be.

I wonder if the jury foreman has a daughter that resembles Jodi? 
Did Jodi, resemble someone in his family?

seahorse

This is why I cannot comprehend why there is an aggravation or a mitigation phase in a trial where the jury has already renders a verdict of PREMEDITATED murder?

Janet

_____

kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3714 on: May 25, 2013, 02:43:19 PM »

I personally am not judging u in any way shape or form. I feel for you for what u went thru. U r aoso entitled to your own opinion. I am entitled to mine & while i have never been in an abusive relationship i have been in a toxic relationship with both parties just as guilty of the chaos & name calling & verbal bashing. Happens all the time. NOTHING proves this skank was abused. I will not EVER look at her in the light of an abused victim because she wasnt. I will never feel sorry for her. She deserves to rot in a cage.
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3715 on: May 25, 2013, 02:45:08 PM »

I personally am not judging u in any way shape or form. I feel for you for what u went thru. U r aoso entitled to your own opinion. I am entitled to mine & while i have never been in an abusive relationship i have been in a toxic relationship with both parties just as guilty of the chaos & name calling & verbal bashing. Happens all the time. NOTHING proves this skank was abused. I will not EVER look at her in the light of an abused victim because she wasnt. I will never feel sorry for her. She deserves to rot in a cage.
Btw i take offense to you saying that we all are ok with joran not getting the death penalty. He deserves it too as he is the same kind of evil as jodi arias.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3716 on: May 25, 2013, 03:20:48 PM »

This Jury Foreman has been a very busy man in the 24 hours following the non-verdict which was rendered on May 23rd.

Bill Zervakos has afforded at least three interviews.  He has been updated in regards to the media attention encompassing the Jodi Arias case and ... has apparently discussed the issue with other jurors ... the issue regarding the media issue.

What is wrong with this picture?

Janet

+++++

Jodi Arias Jury Foreman Speaks Out — ‘This Girl Was Crucified In The Court Of Public Opinion’
Posted on May 24, 2013

After 13 hours of deliberation a jury of 12 was unable to come to a unanimous decision in the penalty phase of the Jodi Arias murder trial, resulting in a mistrial, and now the jury foreman is speaking out for the first time and RadarOnline.com has all the details.

“The best word I can use is surreal,” Bill Zervakos answered when asked by Inside Edition to describe the experience of the Arias trial.

“One of the reasons I’m doing these interviews, and I’m doing very few, is because after we got out of this we heard about the sensationalism…we knew it was a big deal…but we had no clue the scope of it, literally worldwide. We had no clue about how much vitriol and hatred there was for Jodi Arias out there.

“What she did was horrible, there’s no question about it, but this is a human being. Our jury’s prudence system is based on innocent until proven guilty. And this girl was crucified in the court of public opinion. We didn’t know that of course until after the fact.

On May 8 the jury convicted Arias of first-degree murder in the brutal slaying of her ex-lover Travis Alexander — but whether she will get the death penalty or not will now be decided by a new jury of 12.

<snipped>

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/05/jodi-arias-jury-foreman-interview-video/

_____

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3717 on: May 25, 2013, 04:13:52 PM »

Snipped for space

He's free and I'm not 
[/quote]

Bolonde,

Do you take a digital camera with you on your walks?

I remember that you are talented at taking photographs.
[/quote]

Yes my phone .. even my neighbor's have asked me why he keeps going by my house 
They have expressed their thoughts on why is he still doing this, the cops say I can't stop him because he can drive by home.
 Not many care go buy here. I have cameras on when I'm not here.
 So if anything is out of place I can just watch the tape.
He lives a hour away but he's at the tavern drinking  two miles from my home right now.
 I know this because I just went out to get some food  and saw his truck...
 To be aware is to be Alive .
I think I need my own thread if I mod wants to move this

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3718 on: May 25, 2013, 04:15:18 PM »

Btw i take offense to you saying that we all are ok with joran not getting the death penalty. He deserves it too as he is the same kind of evil as jodi arias.

I wish you would just skip over my posting.. just saying

crazybabyborg
« Reply #3719 on: May 25, 2013, 04:20:20 PM »

The allegation of abuse that Jodi made against Travis is not backed up by the fact that instead of celebrating his move out of state, she followed him. The allegation of abuse Jodi made against Travis is not backed up by the fact that she drove for hours and hours to have sex with him just before she butchered him. The allegation of abuse Jodi made against Travis is not backed up by her previous stories of what happened to him, where she tells police how much she loved him and what a great guy he was. The very first mention of abuse coincides precisely with when Jodi needs another story of what happened to Travis where she can't avoid being the murderer so she needs a way to not pay the price for doing it. Self defense was the obvious answer and therefore, Travis suddenly becomes an abuser.

I don't buy it, not for one minute. The jury didn't buy it, so they did not find the murder to be in self defense but instead found it to be premeditated first degree.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.