March 29, 2024, 03:15:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial  (Read 1663228 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #3820 on: June 04, 2013, 09:29:35 AM »

I have been obsessed as to why Gus Searcy and Darryl Brewer would lie for ja.....MOO I think ja has a lot to hang over his head aka blackmail DB with....I have no doubt the penis picture is DB, I have seen conparison of his fingers nails while testifying and the photo...without a doubt the picture is DB. Gussy.......well I have several theories on that but this is what Chris Hughes thinks

KateBurkhart ‏@_LOVEINVAIN 22h
@cshughes  @Justice4TravisA Do U know why G Searcy persists on lying about Travis? Why would he DO that? Did he have beef w/ him in general?In love w/ JA?
(note I filled in the missing letters so i is easier to read)

Chris Hughes ‏@cshughes 22h
@_LOVEINVAIN @Justice4TravisA he was in love with JA but could not get her & he hated Travis for it IMO.

Note: I also think GS hated Travis because Travis was everything he would never be. Travis was handsome, fun loving, young, well liked, a chick magnet and well respected. GS was none of these and merely tolerated. Travis lived in a nice home. Gus lives in his mobile home (nothing against mobile homes, just making comparisons) Travis already had his PPL 100K ring, GS was still working towards one. Like everyone she met, ja used GS to get what she wanted.  And GS thought she was her hottie biscotti.  JMO

That's really interesting, Sunny. I've never even considered that angle of this case, but that's interesting.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3821 on: June 04, 2013, 09:47:33 AM »

5 years ago today jodi arias slaughtered Travis Alexander

A message from Steven Alexander:

June 4th will forever be a dark reminder of who has been ripped from our lives. June 4th will always be the day we stop and think this is the day Travis was murdered. You will think about all the horrible pain and suffering he went through. That day will always come.

I believe with every ounce of my being that June 4th will be an everyday reminder to her. A reminder of why she sees the inside of a cell for 23hrs a day. A reminder of what she did. All alone, every day, a living hell. Until she gets the ultimate freedom, the needle. I hope its many years before that happens.

Soon June 4th will be a day that we remember she is on death row. Watching the hour glass until the last grain of sand. I hope her last thought is of Travis and June 4th.

Until then we have to take a look at our loved ones and remind ourselves that tomorrow is a gift. It’s never too late to love them more. Hold them close. Cherish every moment. Remember tomorrow is a gift.

Justice for Travis Victor Alexander “The Great” has been delayed. It doesn’t matter how long it takes. We all will be standing behind Travis, my big brother. Moving forward, passing down his legacy. You were born to be great, you are special! That is your destiny! Except nothing less! A pebble has been thrown into the pond. We are the ripples. Thank you for your love, your stories, your support and your prayers. June 4th is Justice for Travis Day!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3822 on: June 04, 2013, 09:55:43 AM »

5 years ago today jodi arias slaughtered Travis Alexander

A message from Steven Alexander:

June 4th will forever be a dark reminder of who has been ripped from our lives. June 4th will always be the day we stop and think this is the day Travis was murdered. You will think about all the horrible pain and suffering he went through. That day will always come.

I believe with every ounce of my being that June 4th will be an everyday reminder to her. A reminder of why she sees the inside of a cell for 23hrs a day. A reminder of what she did. All alone, every day, a living hell. Until she gets the ultimate freedom, the needle. I hope its many years before that happens.

Soon June 4th will be a day that we remember she is on death row. Watching the hour glass until the last grain of sand. I hope her last thought is of Travis and June 4th.

Until then we have to take a look at our loved ones and remind ourselves that tomorrow is a gift. It’s never too late to love them more. Hold them close. Cherish every moment. Remember tomorrow is a gift.

Justice for Travis Victor Alexander “The Great” has been delayed. It doesn’t matter how long it takes. We all will be standing behind Travis, my big brother. Moving forward, passing down his legacy. You were born to be great, you are special! That is your destiny! Except nothing less! A pebble has been thrown into the pond. We are the ripples. Thank you for your love, your stories, your support and your prayers. June 4th is Justice for Travis Day!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3823 on: June 04, 2013, 11:22:20 AM »

Here's the latest in the retrial hearing. As I said on Dr. Drew today, the odds are that Juan will move forward with retrying the penalty phase. The family, who gets a say on whether they will settle for life, is determined to move forward and try for the death penalty, according to my sources. However, the retrial may not happen on July 18 as scheduled. Word is Jennifer Willmott has a scheduling issue and the date may be pushed. Of course these sort of delays have been common throughout the trial so I would expect no less.

~ Shanna Hogan (alternate juror)

Where did everyone go???  Hello???

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3824 on: June 04, 2013, 08:59:52 PM »

Hi sunny
I'm glad Juan's going thru. With  the trial. I'm sure the family wants to see her get the DP
Beth Kara's on ng said second time trials usually work.

Loca
crazybabyborg
« Reply #3825 on: June 05, 2013, 02:10:11 AM »

Hi sunny
I'm glad Juan's going thru. With  the trial. I'm sure the family wants to see her get the DP

I like Beth Kara, and I like the odds she offered on second trials even better!!   
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3826 on: June 05, 2013, 06:42:35 AM »

Hi sunny

I like Beth Kara, and I like the odds she offered on second trials even better!!   

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3827 on: June 05, 2013, 10:15:59 AM »

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130604arias-lawyers-respond-to-montgomery.html?nclick_check=1

Arias lawyers respond to Montgomery
Tue Jun 4, 2013 8:29 PM

On May 8, Jodi Arias was convicted of the 2008 murder of her sometime lover, Travis Alexander, but on May 23, the jury reached impasse on whether to sentence her to death or to life in prison. A week later, Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery said that his office would go forward with the trial to convince a new jury to impose the death penalty, but ...

“If they were to make an offer for resolution, I think I have an ethical responsibility to consider that,” he said.

Today Arias’ defense attorneys, Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott issued a joint statement in an exclusive to The Arizona Republic.

“If the diagnosis made by the State’s psychologist is correct, the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office is seeking to impose the death penalty upon a mentally ill woman who has no prior criminal history,” they wrote. “Despite Mr. Montgomery’s recent statements to the media, it is not incumbent upon Ms. Arias’ defense counsel to resolve this case. Instead, the choice to end this case sits squarely with Mr. Montgomery and his office.

“It is solely for them to determine if continuing to pursue a death sentence upon Ms. Arias, who is already facing a mandatory life sentence, is a good and proper use of taxpayer resources.”

crazybabyborg
« Reply #3828 on: June 05, 2013, 11:16:48 AM »

Hi grace-land! 

That article you posted makes me wonder if the defense can take up a different argument during a new sentencing phase mini trial. They went with self-defense, and the jury rejected that argument. A mental illness defense wasn't on the table, but was a choice for them from the beginning. I would think/hope that Juan could pretty easily show that the diagnosis of "bi-polar" does not remove accountability. Just recently, Catherine Zeta Jones sought treatment for bi-polar disorder and she's a fully functioning wife, mother, actress, etc. There's a lot of people with bi-polar disorder and they don't slaughter people.

It would be very easy to show how calculating and manipulative Jodi has been and continues to be. I just cringe at the thought that we might have to sit through more psychology testimony. I'm not clear on the restrictions to argument in the upcoming sentencing phase. Hopefully, it would be restricted to the scope of the conviction phase that has already been decided, without expansion.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3829 on: June 05, 2013, 02:08:38 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis?fref=ts

A message from Tanisha, Travis' sister:

Today it has been 5 years since my sweet brother was taken out of this life and our hearts are crushed and sadden by the horrible reminder of this day. Although the pain is still as fresh as it was 5 years ago , at least we know that Justice is near and we will soon have some closure.

I miss and love Travy so very much! I hope someday not to be haunted with the anger I have inside of me for the one who has caused my family to hurt like this . I know Travis doesn't feel anymore pain and he is with Our Heavenly Father and Our Savior Jesus Christ. I just can't get out of my mind what he was thinking and how scared he must of been on that horrible night.

Travis will never be forgotten and his memories will never fade, and look at all these people who he still touches and inspires today.
Together we will stand united as we seek Justice for Travis!

Our hearts are filled with great gratitude for the out pouring of support we have gotten from around the world. We feel the love in all the cards, donations, gifts, the sweet comments and messages thru this page and other pages. We know you will continue to support us as we endure thru this nightmare and until we have Justice. We will continue to love all of you for brightening up these dark days.

Travis and his Legacy Lives on and I can see it in all of you as you reach out with kindness.

Justice4Travis!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3830 on: June 05, 2013, 02:10:20 PM »

http://wendymurphylaw.com/the-real-reason-four-jurors-voted-to-spare-jodis-life/

THE REAL REASON FOUR JURORS VOTED TO SPARE JODI’S LIFE

Perhaps hoping to make themselves feel better about not reaching a verdict on the death penalty, jurors in the Arizona murder trial of Jodi Arias have been speaking out about their non-decision decision to spare Arias’ life.
When asked whether Arias being female made a difference, one juror replied, “No, it wasn’t her gender it was her age.”
When verdicts make no sense, jurors are quick to explain themselves.  They want desperately to convince people that they got it right because jury duty is a serious and important civic duty. But being earnest about wanting to be right doesn’t make it so.  Recall how hard the OJ Simpson jury tried to persuade us that their not guilty verdict had nothing to do with race.

snipped:

Rest in Peace Caylee

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3831 on: June 05, 2013, 02:47:59 PM »

Hi sunny
Thanks for posting!

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3832 on: June 05, 2013, 02:49:30 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis?fref=ts

A message from Tanisha, Travis' sister:

Today it has been 5 years since my sweet brother was taken out of this life and our hearts are crushed and sadden by the horrible reminder of this day. Although the pain is still as fresh as it was 5 years ago , at least we know that Justice is near and we will soon have some closure.

I miss and love Travy so very much! I hope someday not to be haunted with the anger I have inside of me for the one who has caused my family to hurt like this . I know Travis doesn't feel anymore pain and he is with Our Heavenly Father and Our Savior Jesus Christ. I just can't get out of my mind what he was thinking and how scared he must of been on that horrible night.

Travis will never be forgotten and his memories will never fade, and look at all these people who he still touches and inspires today.
Together we will stand united as we seek Justice for Travis!

Our hearts are filled with great gratitude for the out pouring of support we have gotten from around the world. We feel the love in all the cards, donations, gifts, the sweet comments and messages thru this page and other pages. We know you will continue to support us as we endure thru this nightmare and until we have Justice. We will continue to love all of you for brightening up these dark days.

Travis and his Legacy Lives on and I can see it in all of you as you reach out with kindness.

Justice4Travis!

Bless their hearts! This family has realy suffered. Because of one woman! That just couldn't take no for an answer! She was dangerous and out of control and I feel,she would be a danger to society.

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3833 on: June 05, 2013, 02:51:36 PM »

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130604arias-lawyers-respond-to-montgomery.html?nclick_check=1

On May 8, Jodi Arias was convicted of the 2008 murder of her sometime lover, Travis Alexander, but on May 23, the jury reached impasse on whether to sentence her to death or to life in prison. A week later, Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery said that his office would go forward with the trial to convince a new jury to impose the death penalty, but ...

“If they were to make an offer for resolution, I think I have an ethical responsibility to consider that,” he said.

Today Arias’ defense attorneys, Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott issued a joint statement in an exclusive to The Arizona Republic.

“If the diagnosis made by the State’s psychologist is correct, the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office is seeking to impose the death penalty upon a mentally ill woman who has no prior criminal history,” they wrote. “Despite Mr. Montgomery’s recent statements to the media, it is not incumbent upon Ms. Arias’ defense counsel to resolve this case. Instead, the choice to end this case sits squarely with Mr. Montgomery and his office.

“It is solely for them to determine if continuing to pursue a death sentence upon Ms. Arias, who is already facing a mandatory life sentence, is a good and proper use of taxpayer resources.”

Someone please enlighten me! How is it nurmi and wilmott think this case should end. What do they mean end this case? I don't understand what they are trying to say?

Loca
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3834 on: June 05, 2013, 03:54:09 PM »

Someone please enlighten me! How is it nurmi and wilmott think this case should end. What do they mean end this case? I don't understand what they are trying to say?

If I understand this correctly. Nurmi and Wilmott are saying that their defence that Jodi murdered Travis in self defense based on domestic violence in their relationship (they're assertion that Travis was abuse to her in emails, text msg and broke her finger), they are now switching to the defense that Jodi was proved to be mentally ill by the State Prosecutor's witness and therefore the trial should not go forward, but be determined by the State as a life imprisonment sentence.

Sounds to me, like Wilmot & Nurmi do not want to go forward and this is another attempt at that.

If Jodi were abused by Travis, when she told him to stop during their anal sex encounter, then an abusive man would not have stopped, but Travis did stop according to Jodi herself. All of the defense's lies are just not going
to hold up.

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3835 on: June 05, 2013, 04:06:09 PM »

If I understand this correctly. Nurmi and Wilmott are saying that their defence that Jodi murdered Travis in self defense based on domestic violence in their relationship (they're assertion that Travis was abuse to her in emails, text msg and broke her finger), they are now switching to the defense that Jodi was proved to be mentally ill by the State Prosecutor's witness and therefore the trial should not go forward, but be determined by the State as a life imprisonment sentence.

Sounds to me, like Wilmot & Nurmi do not want to go forward and this is another attempt at that.

If Jodi were abused by Travis, when she told him to stop during their anal sex encounter, then an abusive man would not have stopped, but Travis did stop according to Jodi herself. All of the defense's lies are just not going
to hold up.

Thank you Kermit
I agree they want off this case. A broken finger doesn't compare to a throats slashing! Being shot and tortured. I truly believe she tortured him.
Now she has to pay the price for her actions until she takes her last evil,breath. I couldn't live under those conditions she is currently living under. Can't imagine no window! Locked 23 hours a day one hour for exercise or shower or make calls. The rest of the time doing what all day! You can only draw so much! Write so much, read so much.
She has to eat slop ewwww
All the things she took for granted! What was she thinking ? That she would be able to not get caught for the slaughter.

When we get depressed we have the option of going for a walk! A movie! Socialize with friends! Eat anything we desire. She gave up,so much for her evil,deed. I like my freedom to be able to move around freely! Shower when I wish! Snuggle under my comfy blankets! Go to starbucks! I wonder if she thinks of those things she wished she could eat and do? What a selfish evil deed she comitted and now she has to pay the price.

Loca
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3836 on: June 05, 2013, 08:17:48 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/04/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE
Plea Deal for Jodi Arias?
Aired June 4, 2013 - 20:00   ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/03/ddhln.01.html
DR. DREW
New Jodi Hearing & Trial Coming Soon
Aired June 3, 2013 - 21:00   ET

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3837 on: June 06, 2013, 12:05:43 AM »

Hi grace-land! 

That article you posted makes me wonder if the defense can take up a different argument during a new sentencing phase mini trial. They went with self-defense, and the jury rejected that argument. A mental illness defense wasn't on the table, but was a choice for them from the beginning. I would think/hope that Juan could pretty easily show that the diagnosis of "bi-polar" does not remove accountability. Just recently, Catherine Zeta Jones sought treatment for bi-polar disorder and she's a fully functioning wife, mother, actress, etc. There's a lot of people with bi-polar disorder and they don't slaughter people.

It would be very easy to show how calculating and manipulative Jodi has been and continues to be. I just cringe at the thought that we might have to sit through more psychology testimony. I'm not clear on the restrictions to argument in the upcoming sentencing phase. Hopefully, it would be restricted to the scope of the conviction phase that has already been decided, without expansion.

I think that her lawyers have hinted on their strategy for the mini trial, especially the sentencing phase and the mitigating factors--"mentally ill woman who has no prior criminal history"--and her age.  They just have to convince one juror.  We'll see.

“If the diagnosis made by the State’s psychologist is correct, the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office is seeking to impose the death penalty upon a mentally ill woman who has no prior criminal history,” they wrote.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #3838 on: June 06, 2013, 03:05:40 AM »

Hi loca! I agree with the other posters. I think Nurmi and Willmott, first, want to remove the death penalty. IMO, they'd consider that a win. They'd like the sentence to be "Life With Parole" instead of "Life without Parole", but anything short of a death penalty, I think they'd take. Personally, I don't think that they have a shot at Life with Parole, which would make her eligible to get out in 20-25 years. The new sentencing phase will be heard by the same judge, and I'm betting that if she ends up having anything to say about it, Jodi's not going to like her decision. Arizona requires a unanimous jury vote to impose the death penalty. Other states do not. In fact, in some other states, the jury's 8 to 4 findings would have already put her on death row. Now, it's my understanding that the jury can decide Life or Death, but the judge decides whether "Life" is with or without parole.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3839 on: June 06, 2013, 10:27:06 AM »

Good Morning, as I understand it they want the State to take the DP off the table and offer her a plea. 

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.