March 18, 2024, 08:28:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial  (Read 1660711 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3880 on: June 10, 2013, 05:40:44 PM »

http://www.azcentral.com/ic/pdf/0607arias-sex-tape-proceeding.pdf

WARNING SEXUALLY EXPLICIT LANGUAGE]

Transcript of the Jan 31 in-chambers hearing that put the phone sex recording into evidence.

SNIPPED:

JM: 'And what I am trying to avoid is having to squawk  up like a Jack-in-the Box every five minutes" 

quoting my post again......but I was so glad to see that JM didn't think TA knew he was being recorded on that damn sex tape either. that has always been my contention. He would never have allowed himself to be taped, videoed or photographed in a sexual way.

dang it I still can't figure out how to post a picture/image.....dang!!  But if you read the link you will see where JM doesn't believe it either.

We have never really discussed this aspect of the case and I'm glad you brought up that. If we look at the face of Travis in
that one photo of him on the bed naked, to me, it doesn't look like he was posing. I suspect that Jodi was the one who
took the photos and then told him she'd delete them no problem. But maybe it ticked him off because he had mentioned
before that she used him as a dildo (can't remember his exact words). This give cause to think that perhaps he was
not the aggressor in the relationship but the follower of her and what she was wanting from him. Because if we look at
his pattern - he was a people pleaser. Maybe that phone call was not all of the conversation meaning she had warmed
him up and then started her recording

yep that's right...he said "I was nothing more than a dildo with a heartbeat for you,"  in a Facebook message. I have always thought she was the sexual aggressor introducing him to 'new sex' that he had more than likely on heard about.  I think you are exactly correct when saying, that phone call was not all of the conversation meaning she had warmed him up and then started her recording. Just like the text message.....we still don't and probably never will know what she did that angered him so much....but it had to be really awful....

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3881 on: June 10, 2013, 06:31:17 PM »

This is the May 26th email transcribed..hat tip to Angelwings 444

These 3 are all part of one long text,
no replies from JA in between:

05/26/08 at 07:59:15am

I sent you a response to your dire conversation, that I hope you read because you need to read it. Maybe it will spark human emotion in you, something that only seems to exist when it comes to your own problems. But everyone
else is just a part of your sick agenda. By the way, your pic comment to Danny Jones makes you look like a pure whore, even more to the people who know you. You should be embarrassed by it. If he knew what I knew about you he'd spit in your face. So would everyone else. I have never never in my life been hurt so bad by someone. But why do I even say it because you don't care. It doesn't serve
your evilness.

05/26/08 at 08:35:02am

You couldn't get off your lazy butt to to read it could
you. That's the sociopath (I) know so well. it freakin
figures

05/26/08 at 09:11:11am

I don't want your apology I want you to understand
what I think of you. I want you to understand how evil I
think you are. You are the worst thing that ever
happened to me.

======================================
These are all FROM Travis TO JA
April 2008 (I think - if not, its close)
(illegible)

"you have that information. its 15 minutes it would take to gt the info. But you won't take 15 minutes. Why because it is an ****ing lie. So either text me you that you are ready to tell the truth or give me your imaginary friend with
the worst BS story you have ever told or leave me alone.
Its a lie like no other. It is freaking foolish. There is no way out of it, you have screwed up your story so bad you can't mend it. You are caught. When will you realize that. I do not know. You have til tomorrow. to have me this persons information before I tell all of the Hughes' Leslie Udy, the Freemans, your parents and anyone else that
matters about all the crazy things you have done. So
either fess up or feel the wrath. No matter how bad
the truth is I promise you the punishment will be
better than the lie. This is worse than your magical
email that a mysterious man you've never seen before
wrote for you. You insult me by thinking ill believe such
crap. nothing else from you til the truth. I already know
your lying so why continue. After tomorrow, its gonna
get real bad for you. Time to spit it out."

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3882 on: June 10, 2013, 08:06:04 PM »

Nancy Grace is saying that the Defense is now changing their argument which has been filed by the
defense is stating Jodi Arias is mentally ill in an attempt to get the death penalty off the table.

Martinez is ready to go on July 18th

I doubt this will hold water b/c 1). Her IQ is high, 2) she demonstrated her ability to reason with her remarks at Martinez
3) none of her psychological testing suggested mental illness according three of her witnesses

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3883 on: June 10, 2013, 08:08:18 PM »

I sent you a response to your dire conversation, that I hope you read because you need to read it. Maybe it will spark human emotion in you, something that only seems to exist when it comes to your own problems. But everyone
else is just a part of your sick agenda. By the way, your pic comment to Danny Jones makes you look like a pure whore, even more to the people who know you. You should be embarrassed by it. If he knew what I knew about you he'd spit in your face. So would everyone else. I have never never in my life been hurt so bad by someone. But why do I even say it because you don't care. It doesn't serve
your evilness.

figures

happened to me.

(illegible)

"you have that information. its 15 minutes it would take to gt the info. But you won't take 15 minutes. Why because it is an ****ing lie. So either text me you that you are ready to tell the truth or give me your imaginary friend with
Its a lie like no other. It is freaking foolish. There is no way out of it, you have screwed up your story so bad you can't mend it. You are caught. When will you realize that. I do not know. You have til tomorrow. to have me this persons information before I tell all of the Hughes' Leslie Udy, the Freemans, your parents and anyone else that

So Travis discovered a lie Jodi told about someone or something. This lie has to have been very crucial to
his being able to not only discredit her to several other people, but ruin her in some way.

What could that be?
It has to be really bad. I mean it is important enough to run her off basically.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3884 on: June 10, 2013, 08:13:01 PM »

Sunny,
You said something, I think is important. You noted that Nurmi kept on playing the tape of the sex.
He also asked her questions on the stand about her sex and she goes into details which wasn't necessary so we know that
was planned.

It's like look at this so you will not look at the truth of something else.

I wished we could figure out and find what it was she was lying about that Travis was going to tell.

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3885 on: June 11, 2013, 12:23:04 AM »

I read somewhere!
Jodie was trying  desperately to find an excuse to move to,Mesa. She told travis that she had a stalker! If I remember correctly this stalker! Told her via email or by calling her! Can't recall,the details! Anyways this stalker told her that travis DIDNT deserve her, something about her being awesome (not verbatim).
So travis gets worried about her safety and feeling guilty that he isn't there to protect her and he shares this with sky Hughes. She tells him it's not true and she manages to convince travis that Jodie was again playing another head game.

Jodie was hoping that this would convince travis that she's in danger and he needs to have her close to him for protection. Well it backfires when she couldn't produce the males name and information.  I don't know if this information came to her via email, call or whatever!

This backfires and makes travis very angry with her. I do not know if this was what the comment he made about she couldn't even spend fifteen minutes to give him this males information. ( he DIDNT exist).

Does anyone know anything about this? I think I read it at another website but not sure.

Loca
dstrattenfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3886 on: June 11, 2013, 01:30:59 AM »

OH WOW
Jodi Arias secret sex questions unsealed

HLN videoPublished on Jun 10, 2013
 Nancy Grace uncovers dozens of never-before-seen questions the Jodi Arias jury wasn't allowed to ask at trial. Were jurors completely fixated with Arias sex life before they found her guilty? For more information please visit http://www.hlntv.com/

"To live on in the hearts of others is not to die"
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3887 on: June 11, 2013, 06:55:20 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/10/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Will Brett Seacat Be Found Guilty?; Jury Selection in George Zimmerman Case; Jodi Arias Trial (Nothing in this transcript about JA Trial)
Aired June 10, 2013 - 19:00   ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/10/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE
Arias Jurors` Sex Questions
Aired June 10, 2013 - 20:00   ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/10/ddhln.01.html
DR. DREW
Fight Over Jodi-Travis Sex Tape
; Brett Seacat Trial
Aired June 10, 2013 - 21:00   ET

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #3888 on: June 11, 2013, 11:59:27 AM »

THIS THREAD LOCKS ON PAGE 200! 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3889 on: June 11, 2013, 02:42:27 PM »

http://www.simplysickofit.com/jodi-arias-trial/interview-with-tara-kelley-jodi-arias-alternate-juror/

An Interview with Tara Kelley Jodi Arias Alternate Juror

Simply Sick Of It is excited to announce our interview with Tara Kelley, an alternate Jodi Arias juror. Tara was kind enough to offer her insight into some questions we had that we thought represented the questions you have. We were “sick” of the stock, scripted questions developed by producers at major news outlets. So, we developed a list of questions we thought you’d actually care about and Tara was nice enough to answer them for us. If we missed anything, please comment below and we will ask Tara for a follow up interview.
Simply Sick of It: What was your overall impression of Jodi Arias’ demeanor in Court?

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3890 on: June 11, 2013, 05:26:55 PM »

http://www.azfamily.com/video/?id=211014911&sec=528732

watch the video...all 8+ minutes.  This man is an idiot IMO....he is trying to justify what he knows was the wrong decision.

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3891 on: June 11, 2013, 05:29:22 PM »

I read somewhere!
Jodie was trying  desperately to find an excuse to move to,Mesa. She told travis that she had a stalker! If I remember correctly this stalker! Told her via email or by calling her! Can't recall,the details! Anyways this stalker told her that travis DIDNT deserve her, something about her being awesome (not verbatim).
So travis gets worried about her safety and feeling guilty that he isn't there to protect her and he shares this with sky Hughes. She tells him it's not true and she manages to convince travis that Jodie was again playing another head game.

Jodie was hoping that this would convince travis that she's in danger and he needs to have her close to him for protection. Well it backfires when she couldn't produce the males name and information.  I don't know if this information came to her via email, call or whatever!

This backfires and makes travis very angry with her. I do not know if this was what the comment he made about she couldn't even spend fifteen minutes to give him this males information. ( he DIDNT exist).

Does anyone know anything about this? I think I read it at another website but not sure.

I remember hearing about it....I THINK Sky Hughes told the story...I will see if I have it saved. I think it was according to ja an anonymous email

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3892 on: June 11, 2013, 05:30:01 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/10/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Will Brett Seacat Be Found Guilty?; Jury Selection in George Zimmerman Case; Jodi Arias Trial (Nothing in this transcript about JA Trial)
Aired June 10, 2013 - 19:00   ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/10/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE
Arias Jurors` Sex Questions
Aired June 10, 2013 - 20:00   ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/10/ddhln.01.html
DR. DREW
Fight Over Jodi-Travis Sex Tape
; Brett Seacat Trial
Aired June 10, 2013 - 21:00   ET

thanks Muffy!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3893 on: June 12, 2013, 01:53:41 PM »

your evilness.

figures

happened to me.

(illegible)

Well, this says a lot! He did have some information on her that he could expose.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3894 on: June 12, 2013, 01:59:08 PM »

watch the video...all 8+ minutes.  This man is an idiot IMO....he is trying to justify what he knows was the wrong decision.

Bill (the jury foreman) believes that Travis mentally and emotionally abused Jodi. So he voted for life, not death penalty.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3895 on: June 12, 2013, 02:06:04 PM »

OH WOW
Jodi Arias secret sex questions unsealed

HLN videoPublished on Jun 10, 2013
 Nancy Grace uncovers dozens of never-before-seen questions the Jodi Arias jury wasn't allowed to ask at trial. Were jurors completely fixated with Arias sex life before they found her guilty? For more information please visit http://www.hlntv.com/

Well, Nurmi and Wilmott made it about s sex.  It is easier for people to believe that the guy is the aggressor for sex rather then the woman.   If we look closer at the sex encounters, we probably can discover that Jodi was the one introducing Travi's to her butt hole not Travis' desire. AFter all, she is the one that told him how they could use a lubricant. He didn't even know. If he was
the big aggressive man jerk, he would have known about that stuff.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3896 on: June 12, 2013, 02:10:39 PM »

Bill (the jury foreman) believes that Travis mentally and emotionally abused Jodi. So he voted for life, not death penalty.

Yep.  He bought the story hook, line and sinker.   Fishing Nemo Fishing  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3897 on: June 12, 2013, 03:46:00 PM »

Does anyone know how I can obtain dr drews transcripts for yesterday! Regarding Jodie arias and her kicking her cellmate and hiding screws or something in her light bulb? This show was yesterday. I went to hln but I'm not the greatest at finding things especially transcripts.
Tia

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3898 on: June 12, 2013, 03:57:21 PM »

Never mind I found it lol

Loca
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3899 on: June 12, 2013, 04:02:25 PM »

Does anyone know how I can obtain dr drews transcripts for yesterday! Regarding Jodie arias and her kicking her cellmate and hiding screws or something in her light bulb? This show was yesterday. I went to hln but I'm not the greatest at finding things especially transcripts.
Tia

This is the Dr. Drew transcript from 6/11/13 (yesterday) .  If it's not the one you're looking for, I can dig around some more.  This transcript was mainly about the Brett Seacat trial but reading further down into it you can see there is discussion concerning Jodi Arias.  I've snipped out the other stuff. 

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/11/ddhln.01.html
DR. DREW
Brett Seacat Guilty
Aired June 11, 2013 - 21:00   ET

Plus, Jodi Arias in chains. How did she manage to assault a fellow inmate? We`ll tell you.

Let`s get started.

Next up, how did a shackled Jodi Arias attack a fellow inmate? We`re going to tell you about that.

And later, the Dr. Drew cast members here, some of the theatrics, reenacting, more of the private conversation from Jodi`s trial coming up.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

PINSKY: Back with my co-host, Jenny Hutt, and the DR. DREW ON-CALL players, Anahita Sedaghatfar, Mark Eiglarsh, and Darren Kavinoky. But first, Jodi and her team promised she would be a model prisoner if the jury would just let her live. Take a look at this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Let`s talk about some of the good things about Jodi. Things that show that she has value still.

JODI ARIAS, CONVICTED MURDERER: If I`m sentenced to life, I will live among the general population. Over the years, I`ve spent in incarceration, I received many request from women to teach them Spanish or American --

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Ryan told you that when she would come to these PPL meetings and these Super Saturday (ph) meetings, that these people enjoyed her. That she got along well with people.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Nine days out of ten, I don`t like Jodi Arias. But that doesn`t matter.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

PINSKY: And Jodi wore a stun belt in court. Her feet were shackled when she wasn`t in the courtroom. Now, we might, in fact, know why. Journalist, Shanna Hogan, is author of about to be a publish book, "Picture Perfect" about Jodi. Shanna, why was she in chains and a stun belt?

VOICE OF SHANNA HOGAN, AUTHOR: Right, Dr. Drew. We`re learning now that the sheriff wanted her shackled because he actually thought Jodi was a flight risk. He cites in his (INAUDIBLE) that her jailhouse rap sheet (ph) which was an 11-page document that included these infractions she committed while behind bars which ranged from things like hiding pens to really aggressive behavior.

PINSKY: Now, I have those reports right here in my hand, Shanna. I`ve got them right here. This is really fascinating. They`re very institutional kinds of report of misconduct. And then, there`s further actions taken by the judges who review these documents. And yes, she`s doing all kinds of squirrely things. Is that what they`re talking about, Shanna?

HOGAN: Absolutely. In 2009, she was in her cell and her back was pushed against the wall, and a guard saw her kicking one of her cell mates. And then, the next year in 2010, the guard noticed that there were screws missing from a light fixture. When they searched her cell, they found it underneath the toilet seat with several empty bags and some mysterious brown powder.

She also had pictures that were unauthorized. Pens that were not allowed in jail and mail belonging to some of the other inmates.

PINSKY: And what I love, Shanna, in every single one of these reports -- again, these are formal reports of misconduct. One of them, particularly, they told her over the loud speaker, told her to sit down and stop talking. She kept on going. But in every single report, she blamed other inmates. It`s classic Jodi. Right?

HOGAN: Absolutely. It`s very characteristic of her past behavior --

PINSKY: Fascinating.

HOGAN: -- of never accepting responsibility.

PINSKY: All right. Thank you, Shanna. Next -- now, I`m wondering this. Should Jodi`s spotty record be considered by the judge or jury when it comes to sentencing? Anahita, I`ll start with you.
ANAHITA SEDAGHATFAR, ATTORNEY: I don`t think so, Dr. Drew. I mean, five years in prison, these aren`t like the worst infractions possible. Hiding pens. I mean, Jodi was probably having TV camera withdrawals, because there`s no cameras in jail. She`s probably doing this for attention or who knows, maybe stealing pens so she could do more of her Picasso-esque wonderful paintings to sell on eBay or should I say tracing? You know? I don`t think it should come in. At the end of the day, they`re not the worst infractions --

(CROSSTALK)

PINSKY: I get you, and I thought the same thing myself. But then, Darren, we have Willmott out there saying, oh, she`s a model citizen. Everybody loves her. She`s so great. I think if you`re the guards or the administrator, she ain`t so great.

DARREN KAVINOKY, ATTORNEY: Yes. She clearly doesn`t play well with others. And, I think I join the rest of the panel that not terribly shocked by it. They don`t seem like the worst transgressions, but, they become more important if the defense team is going to make the argument that she deserves to live because of this good behavior that she demonstrates while in custody.

PINSKY: Now, mark, before you break into your Juan Martinez, I`ll let you have the last word on this.

MARK EIGLARSH, SPEAKTOMARK.COM: Yes. I think that the judge should consider them. I don`t think the judge should give it such great weight, especially again, keep in mind that the future of the cure for cancer lies in her hands based on her speech.

PINSKY: Right. That`s right. I forgot that. You`re right. Willmott seemed to echo those same kinds of sentiments. Interesting. All right. Enough of that. It is time for serious business of another edition of Dr. Drew`s theater.

My cast is going to reenact a segment of the secret closed door hearings about the defense in which case -- this is -- again, this is the hearing with the judge between Willmott and Nurmi and Martinez and the judge. The defense is wanting to portray Travis Alexander as a pedophile.

Tonight, as the judge, Anahita, Darren is Nurmi, and Mark, as I said, Martinez. Mr. Martinez.

KAVINOKY: Dr. Drew, I do object. I feel like I`m being typecast with this Nurmi thing. And I`ve gotten a lot of people tweet -- to distinguish that.

PINSKY: I`m going to pick up the crucible next. Don`t worry. Let`s get on with this.

(LAUGHTER)

PINSKY: Go ahead, Mr. Martinez.

EIGLARSH: I don`t start.

KAVINOKY: Oh, no, it`s the judge.

PINSKY: Oh, the judge. I beg your pardon.

SEDAGHATFAR: I see Martinez starting, but OK.

PINSKY: No, no. It says Martinez starts.

(LAUGHTER)

PINSKY: We`ve already screwed this up, guys.

SEDAGHATFAR: I can be Martinez.

(CROSSTALK)

PINSKY: -- attorneys and not actually actors.

(LAUGHTER)

PINSKY: All right. We`re starting at the hearing.

EIGLARSH: I don`t have any Martinez starting.

PINSKY: Where is that?

KAVINOKY: I have the first line. The next issue and it`s the judge.

PINSKY: Go ahead.

SEDAGHATFAR: OK.

EIGLARSH: The judge. Right. That`s what I have, Darren.

SEDAGHATFAR: OK.

The issue still relates to the observation that your client made of the victim with the photographs of the young boys.

KAVINOKY: Wait a second.

(LAUGHTER)

KAVINOKY: So, here`s your line Anahita. The next issue you`re going to have your expert testify regarding two issues. To which I replied, two issues regarding to pedophilia.

(LAUGHTER)

KAVINOKY: I don`t know what you mean by the other issue.

SEDAGHATFAR: I have a different script here.

PINSKY: You must have the one where I play Nurmi. Somebody from producing needs to help sort us out here.

KAVINOKY: I can do an interpretive reading of the judge and Nurmi.

PINSKY: I`m about to do an interpretive dance, you guys are so bad.

HUTT: Dr. Drew --

PINSKY: Jenny?

HUTT: I`m prepared to do our scene.

PINSKY: I am, too. So, what we will do --

HUTT: Let`s go.

PINSKY: Hang on. We`re going to take a little break. And, what you`re supposed to have heard was a closed door argument over Travis` alleged pedophilia. And the fact is I want the behavior bureau to weigh in on that, because it`s disturbing when you hear how they were portraying Travis behind closed doors. I have to figure how we`re going to give you that information because my cast has --

(LAUGHTER)

PINSKY: -- this reminds me of that -- "SNL" skit where all the cast members had Alzheimer`s. I`m just saying.

(LAUGHTER)

PINSKY: Next up, how worried were Jodi`s attorney about my jurors? You`re going to hear that. You`re going to hear what Kirk Nurmi said about our program. I will be Nurmi. We`ll be back after this.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ARIAS: Remember the first time that you and I grinded? I ended up just (EXPLETIVE DELETED) and you`re like whoa just (EXPLETIVE DELETED). And at the same time, I looked around and there`s this (EXPLETIVE DELETED) like all over it. It was so hot.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I didn`t even notice it.

ARIAS: I know. I`ve done that once or twice two. Where it`s like I missed the (EXPLETIVE DELETED). The signature landmark. Have you seen "Ironman?"

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I`m not a huge fan of superhero movies, honestly. I`m actually not a big fan of "Spider-Man."

ARIAS: I like the story line, but I don`t like sitting through all the movie.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

PINSKY: Back with my co-host, Jenny Hutt, and our cast of re- enactors.

(LAUGHTER)

PINSKY: You guys, we have regrouped. We have your scripts in hand now. We`re going to -- Jenny and I have ours. We`re ready. We`re going to do our piece, then we`ll have you guys give the information on the next segment. But I want to give you the reviews are in. A tweet that came through.

By the way, my Twitterverse is ever vigilant, reminding me that things are called tweets and not Twitters. Thank you, guys, for doing that. Most of our Twitter handles are up there. "Oops! That was an epic fail. Had my popcorn ready and all for the theater." First, initial reviews --

EIGLARSH: We`re ready to go, man.

PINSKY: We`ll give --

SEDAGHATFAR: We`ll get a retake, Dr. Drew. We get a retake.

PINSKY: We will. Don`t worry. I`m going to give you that. But first, Jenny and I are going to have a reenactment of the private hearings in the judge`s chambers. We`re going to play this one out. I will play the part of the attorney who threw me and my staff under the bus, Kirk Nurmi. Jenny Hutt will be Judge Stevens. Jenny, you ready for this?

HUTT: I am.

PINSKY: OK. Thank you. Let`s do this some justice. Here it goes. It`s kind of interesting. It`s kind of stunning. I was stunned when I heard this, frankly. All right. Kirk Nurmi, here I am. Last night watching one of these shows, it came to my attention that a couple of people that are coming as members of the public are really acting as media. They`re being public and they`re going on as Dr. Drew`s jurors.

They`re watching the trial and they`re reporting as quote/unquote "Dr. Drew`s Jurors." I`m concerned that digital recording devices may be being employed to tape what`s going on and, obviously, one could be left behind. He`s getting paranoid.

When we play a tape, it goes over the speakers and a digital recorder somewhere placed outside of the view of security could easily be recording what`s going on. I am just concerned for Miss Arias` rights. Not wanting to get a mistrial here. Not much. Judge?

HUTT: I believe that there are three full-time security people in plain clothes stationed in the courtroom looking for anyone recording, taking photographs, improperly using their cell phones. So, I don`t think there should be an issue.

PINSKY: All right. I just thought that was stunning that he brought that up. And he insisted that we were somehow recording. I want to be really clear about something. We kid around. We don`t kid around when it comes to the justice system. The guests who served as my quote/unquote "jurors" were never serving as media on our behalf nor were they recording anything.

They were just giving, as public, as members of the public, their observations about what they saw. Mark, thoughts?

EIGLARSH: Well, you know, it`s his job to raise any potential issues. He wants to make sure that if she`s convicted, she potentially has a record. So, she could use that and get a new trial. Don`t kill the messenger. That`s him doing his job. It`s his job to be paranoid.

PINSKY: Anahita?

SEDAGHATFAR: I absolutely agree with Mark. I mean, this is a capital case. And the attorneys do need to raise every possible issue to make a record for appeal or to, you know, further request for mistrial. But I mean, Dr. Drew, you`re famous now. The judge knows you. People in Arizona know you.

PINSKY: Fantastic. What I`ve always wanted. Darren.

EIGLARSH: He was famous way before that.

PINSKY: Darren, your thoughts?

SEDAGHATFAR: Well, he`s more famous now. He`s more famous now.

KAVINOKY: Here`s my final thought. One, you are quite famous, Dr. Drew. And two, just because you`re paranoid doesn`t mean they`re not out to get you. And I think Nurmi might have been on to something. Although, I don`t buy for a second that he didn`t want a mistrial. He would have loved the mistrial. Things were not going his way.

PINSKY: Jenny, finish it up here.

HUTT: No, I agree. I was just thinking the whole time that you arrived. That`s all I was thinking.

(CROSSTALK)

PINSKY: I`ve finally arrived. Thank you. Thank you.

HUTT: I was proud of you.

PINSKY: I`m so proud. I`m so proud.

(LAUGHTER)

PINSKY: I`m going to take a break. How about that?

(LAUGHTER)

PINSKY: To me, I was stunned. Not in a good way. I thought, really? We can`t like report on these things without being dragged into it?

HUTT: No, I get it. I get what they were saying. Look, take Nurmi, what if an actual juror was going and then coming and being on the show or what if these people were recording --

PINSKY: I get it. He was doing his job. Still seems paranoid to me.

Up next, now, finally, after this intermission, you will get the dramatic conclusion -- well, actually, it was supposed to be the introduction that you missed ten minutes ago. We`re actually going to do it after the break.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

PINSKY: Back with my co-host, Jenny Hutt, Anahita Sedaghatfar, Mark Eiglarsh, Darren Kavinoky. Our cast, it is time for another of our theater reenactment. My cast for reenact the secret close door hearings in which the defense wanted to portray Travis as a pedophile. Tonight as the judge, Anahita, Darren is Nurmi, Mark is Martinez. We have limited time. I want people to get a sense of what was going on behind closed doors there, guys. Don`t let me down. Mark.

EIGLARSH: At the hearing involving the alleged pedophilia, Miss LaViolette indicated that when she spoke to the defendant, the defendant told her that Mr. Alexander was on the computer and that he was looking at this child porn. Officer Michael Melendes, I will call him to testify that he`s gone through the computer and there`s no child porn there. They have gotten through every single disk in the house, and there was no child porn that was found.

SEDAGHATFAR: The issue still relates to the observation that your client made of the victim with the photographs of the young boys.

KAVINOKY: Ms. LaViolette will telefy testiphonically to that. To which I think there`s some laughter now. Wait. What did I say?

EIGLARSH: Telefy testiphonically.

SEDAGHATFAR: Look, it`s been a long day and I knew what you meant. So we can address the issue with regard to the photographs of the boys from 10:30 to noon.

KAVINOKY: There`s no photographs.

SEDAGHATFAR: I know there are no photographs, but the issue. You wanted your client to testify about what she observed.

(APPLAUSE)

PINSKY: But aside from the great performance, the theater of the absurd is what was going on on Jodi`s defense. Yes, thank you, Mark. That`s about how good the defense was of trying to drag poor Travis through the mud. Let`s all remind ourselves, no evidence of anything, anywhere. There`s not an expert on the Earth that would say this guy was a pedophile. He saw him with the magazine that fell open. Forget it. Thank you, guys. Last call is next.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

PINSKY: Jenny, thank you for being by my side through this challenging program this evening. Interesting. My apologies to "HLN After Dark" who has to follow up. It was fun. Interesting. Hope you learn something, and it begins right now.

END

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.