March 18, 2024, 11:01:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial  (Read 1660780 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4020 on: June 14, 2013, 04:10:03 PM »

I contend that when all 12 jurors deemed Jodi Arias guilty of premeditated murder ... there should have been no aggravating factors or mitigating factors taken into consideration that may spare her from the death penalty.

Why should ANYBODY who premeditates the death of another escape the ultimate penalty ... be afforded mercy ... even if he/she administered sleeping pills in a beverage rather than brutally stabbing and shooting his/her victim?

Why should mitigating factors apply ... mercy afforded ... to ANYBODY who premeditates the death of another?

The scales of justice must balance.  Premeditation implies the victim was shown no mercy.  Dead is dead!

Janet

Janet, I agree!  I would love to hear the voir dire of this guy

No shame in Wilmots game! After all that time she spent being combative and rude with demarte! Over the personality disorder diagnosis  and now she wants to use it as a defense!
It makes them look flakey,unprepared and just as unstable as their client.

Maybe will will find out someday just how he became foreman! I'm guessing he volunteered.

And since the new jury will just be for the mitigation ooopsss I mean penalty stage.....stage...they must accept she was found guilty of first degree murder that was especially cruel. The new jury will have heard and read a lot that the original jury hasn't.  And I have no doubt Juan will point out numerous times that her story THEN was self defense. Bring It On!! 

ooopsss I meant penalty phase not mitigation

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4021 on: June 14, 2013, 06:11:35 PM »

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/06/13/friend-arias-i-was-fear-my-life

Friend of Arias: I was in fear for my life
updated 7:45 AM EDT, Fri June 14, 2013
Patti was going to testify for Jodi Arias

So....Patti was supposed to testify in the mitigation phase for ja...after much ado which included getting her an attorney..she no showed. She was on JVM show and whined about getting threats and Mr. Martinez bringing her drug use to light (which she is now denying)

After you watch the video above...watch this one....who do you believe Monkey Devil!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llKWZw9oAew

JODI ARIAS WOMACK NO SHOW DEFENSE TRYING TO QUIT 5.20.13 PT.2

Oh yes, lest I forget...JVM is an idiot IMO

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4022 on: June 14, 2013, 06:16:52 PM »

I contacted Samantha a few weeks ago inquiring about some keychains I had made for each sibling ! With one side a pic of Travis arms around juan martinez and the opposite side juan and  det Flores.
I did this because I wanted the family to have Travis with them at all times and in turn have a memory of the two men who advocated for Travis.

I recieved a response from Samantha Alexander today! Thought I'd share!

On Jun 14, 2013, at 2:15 PM, Samantha Alexander <justice4travisalexander@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry about the duplicate email. It's hard to keep track of who I've responded to, with the amount of email we receive. I am backed up on responses due to getting things back in order. The family is doing ok. Just waiting for the next trial to start. I'm not sure when that will actually happen. I know it will not start on the current scheduled date. We are looking forward for this all to be behind us so we can  think of the good memories with Travis. Thanks for checking

I hope it's okay to include their email address since they have shared it openly with Facebook and websleuths.
If its not okay to post please remove thanks

I'm glad that they are ok and preparing for the last phase.

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4023 on: June 14, 2013, 06:21:11 PM »

So....Patti was supposed to testify in the mitigation phase for ja...after much ado which included getting her an attorney..she no showed. She was on JVM show and whined about getting threats and Mr. Martinez bringing her drug use to light (which she is now denying)

After you watch the video above...watch this one....who do you believe Monkey Devil!

Sunny
Loling here!
I cringe every time JVM does her few minutes of animals on her show! I Like animals but she. Over does it! With her awww and ooh and drooling!
She is a bit annoying! Oh and that Womack woman was not threatened please! She just didnt want to face the wrath of juan. I can't blame her lol

Loca
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4024 on: June 14, 2013, 06:26:05 PM »

I contacted Samantha a few weeks ago inquiring about some keychains I had made for each sibling ! With one side a pic of Travis arms around juan martinez and the opposite side juan and  det Flores.
I did this because I wanted the family to have Travis with them at all times and in turn have a memory of the two men who advocated for Travis.

On Jun 14, 2013, at 2:15 PM, Samantha Alexander <justice4travisalexander@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry about the duplicate email. It's hard to keep track of who I've responded to, with the amount of email we receive. I am backed up on responses due to getting things back in order. The family is doing ok. Just waiting for the next trial to start. I'm not sure when that will actually happen. I know it will not start on the current scheduled date. We are looking forward for this all to be behind us so we can  think of the good memories with Travis. Thanks for checking

I hope it's okay to include their email address since they have shared it openly with Facebook and websleuths.

That was so nice of you. I am sure the key chains received a warm welcome for them. I have received several mails from Samantha when I have donated monies to help them in the quest of Justice for Travis.  I can't imagine how they have time to email and thank everyone....but they do.

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4025 on: June 14, 2013, 06:28:48 PM »

Sunny
Loling here!
I cringe every time JVM does her few minutes of animals on her show! I Like animals but she. Over does it! With her awww and ooh and drooling!
She is a bit annoying! Oh and that Womack woman was not threatened please! She just didnt want to face the wrath of juan. I can't blame her lol

I realize she just has a job to do and most of the time I love her energy. I think in 'real life' she is a very nice, caring person.  But having Patti on her show was a joke......especially for those of us who watched the trial  Yep Patti was skeered she was going to get in trouble in more ways than one.....including not claiming the money she received for the pictures she sold to HLN of her and ja.

Rest in Peace Caylee

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4026 on: June 14, 2013, 07:13:20 PM »

That was so nice of you. I am sure the key chains received a warm welcome for them. I have received several mails from Samantha when I have donated monies to help them in the quest of Justice for Travis.  I can't imagine how they have time to email and thank everyone....but they do.

I know many of us have donated! To these poor victims of evil! They are so greatful that many have come foward to help them. Bless their hearts! Ja did alot of damage with a joyful heart! She continues.

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4027 on: June 14, 2013, 07:24:08 PM »

Watching KVM and I got to say
This paty was not threatened! Her fear was of the welfare dept. seeing martinez bring it out of her that she collected money from hln while receiving welfare benefits.

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4028 on: June 14, 2013, 07:24:28 PM »

Oops jvm

Loca
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4029 on: June 14, 2013, 07:57:43 PM »

Jodi Arias Penalty Phase - Day 1 - Part 1
May 16, 2013

25:57
Now, listed before you are eight mitigating factors. The defendant was 27 at the time of the offense and she had no prior criminal history. You’ve heard evidence to that effect already. She was born on, there was a driver’s license admitted of her birthday of July 9, 1980. She has no prior criminal history. That was presented to you during the trial. #3 she was a good friend. You will hear from two witnesses during this phase of the proceeding from Miss Arias. You already met one, Darryl Brewer. If you recall, you met him back in January. He was the long time boyfriend of Miss Arias and who in fact, the one that preceded Mr. Alexander. They spent some time together. You’ll hear about the role she played in his life and in his son’s life as well. You will also hear from a friend of hers, a lifelong friend because they lost touch later in Miss Arias’s 20’s when she got together with Mr. Alexander. Her name is Patty Womack. She will talk to you a little bit about the Jodi Arias she knew, her upbringing. She will talk about the lack of support Miss Arias had from her family. She will describe that for you from her observations. You’ve heard during the course of the trial that Miss Arias suffered abuse and neglect as a child and as an adult.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2LHro5_RZA

Transcript Credit: TxJan1971
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9448057&postcount=1479

Could it be that the defense got wind of past interviews of both Jodi and Patty?  Could it be that the defense realized that Martinez would bust Patty with her own words?  Could this be the reason that Patty was not called upon in the mitigating/sentencing phase?

Janet

Patty Womack - In Her Own Words

Alexander's Siblings Emotional Plea to Arias Jury
Family of Arias' Victim and a former boyfriend addressed the jury who must decide her sentence.
05/17/2013

Patty Womack:  (2:00) She had a great childhood.  I always wanted to have that childhood.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-trial-update-alexanders-siblings-emotional-plea-19200249

Jodi Arias - In her Own Words

Picture Perfect: The trial of Jodi Arias
January 19, 2013 7:45 PM

Jodi:  (7:00) My childhood was almost ideal.  I have a big family.  We are all very close. ….

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50139320n

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4030 on: June 14, 2013, 08:19:43 PM »

The judge did not give any reason why Patty Womack was a no show.  However ... she did reveal less than one minute into Day 3 of the penalty phase what Womack had intended to share with the jury.

Janet

Jodi Arias Penalty Phase - Day 3 - Part 1 (Jodi Arias Allocution)
21/05/2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qezP9SRptc

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4031 on: June 14, 2013, 08:45:50 PM »

Watching KVM and I got to say
This paty was not threatened! Her fear was of the welfare dept. seeing martinez bring it out of her that she collected money from hln while receiving welfare benefits.

BINGO!!  She had no idea that JM would call her on the money from the pictures.  And neither did the defense.....they should have known better by then NOT to underestimate JM!!   They forgot sooooooo many times this was not his first rodeo!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4032 on: June 14, 2013, 08:48:10 PM »

Could it be that the defense got wind of past interviews of both Jodi and Patty?  Could it be that the defense realized that Martinez would bust Patty with her own words?  Could this be the reason that Patty was not called upon in the mitigating/sentencing phase?

Janet

Patty Womack - In Her Own Words

Alexander's Siblings Emotional Plea to Arias Jury
Family of Arias' Victim and a former boyfriend addressed the jury who must decide her sentence.
05/17/2013

Patty Womack:  (2:00) She had a great childhood.  I always wanted to have that childhood.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-trial-update-alexanders-siblings-emotional-plea-19200249

Jodi Arias - In her Own Words

Picture Perfect: The trial of Jodi Arias
January 19, 2013 7:45 PM

Jodi:  (7:00) My childhood was almost ideal.  I have a big family.  We are all very close. ….

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50139320n

Anything is possible as we know so well.  But I am kinda fixated on the fact that JM called her on the picture money and the drugs.  She decided it wasn't gonna be worth it to her to appear for ja.  JMO of course

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4033 on: June 14, 2013, 08:52:11 PM »

The judge did not give any reason why Patty Womack was a no show.  However ... she did reveal less than one minute into Day 3 of the penalty phase what Womack had intended to share with the jury.

Janet

21/05/2013

JMO but this is another mistake JSS made.  She took what the defense told her as truth and fact. Shame on her!! Bet she will not make THAT mistake again!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4034 on: June 14, 2013, 09:01:45 PM »

SunnyinTX

You are right.  Anything is possible.

Did JVM ask Patti Womack for the reason she did not speak on behalf of Jodi?  I have not had time to read the transcripts.  Nurmi implied that she had been threatened.

Thanks to all for all the updates and insights in the past week.  It was appreciated.

Janet

++++

Jodi Arias' Attorneys Say They Cannot Proceed in Death Penalty Phase
May 20, 2013

<snipped>

Today, Nurmi told the court that the defense could not go on because one of their mitigating witnesses, Arias' childhood friend Patricia Womack, had been intimidated into not testifying by prosecutor Juan Martinez.

"Miss Womack feels her life is being threatened to an extent she cannot come forward and testify. This is unacceptable," Nurmi said.

"This cannot be a modern-day version of stoning or witch trials," he added, becoming more animated. "When you have a prosecutor that this court allows to personally attack witnesses and counsel, it breeds this sort of environment where intimidating can take place. And this has been happening throughout trial."

<snipped>

Martinez said that he had merely interviewed Womack about her testimony last week, on May 15, and asked her pointed questions about her drug use and unreported income that could subject her to criminal prosecution. Womack decided to invoke her Fifth Amendment right in response to his questions, Martinez said.

Womack did not appear in court today.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-attorneys-withdraw-fulfill-duties/story?id=19217516#.Ubu6ZMHTlXg

_____

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4035 on: June 14, 2013, 09:03:48 PM »

I am also convince the sandy arias knew the defense was going to say ja was abused as a child. Shades of cindy anthony??  I wish JM had been able to play the interrogation videos where both parents said she had never been abuse.  sandy said ja liked to tell people that she was abused....but it never happened.  Her mother KNEW she did it.....when the police arrested her she knew in her heart that ja had murdered Travis. I can't imagine what that must do to one's mind. 

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4036 on: June 14, 2013, 09:08:47 PM »

SunnyinTX

You are right.  Anything is possible.

Did JVM ask Patti Womack for the reason she did not speak on behalf of Jodi?  I have not had time to read the transcripts.  Nurmi implied that she had been threatened.

Thanks to all for all the updates and insights in the past week.  It was appreciated.

Janet

++++

Jodi Arias' Attorneys Say They Cannot Proceed in Death Penalty Phase
May 20, 2013

<snipped>

Today, Nurmi told the court that the defense could not go on because one of their mitigating witnesses, Arias' childhood friend Patricia Womack, had been intimidated into not testifying by prosecutor Juan Martinez.

"Miss Womack feels her life is being threatened to an extent she cannot come forward and testify. This is unacceptable," Nurmi said.

"This cannot be a modern-day version of stoning or witch trials," he added, becoming more animated. "When you have a prosecutor that this court allows to personally attack witnesses and counsel, it breeds this sort of environment where intimidating can take place. And this has been happening throughout trial."

<snipped>

Martinez said that he had merely interviewed Womack about her testimony last week, on May 15, and asked her pointed questions about her drug use and unreported income that could subject her to criminal prosecution. Womack decided to invoke her Fifth Amendment right in response to his questions, Martinez said.

Womack did not appear in court today.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-attorneys-withdraw-fulfill-duties/story?id=19217516#.Ubu6ZMHTlXg

Janet, one thing that really stuck out in the JVM interview...patti said the threats (which I don't believe for a second) was ONE of the reasons she didn't testify for ja......JVM missed the ball by not asking her what else. One of the attorneys called JVM out on it and she tried to recoup by saying she had talked with patti before the show and it was because she didn't support what ja had done.  I thought, well hells bells when did that light bulb go on!!  She supported her, she was laughing and joking with sandy in court....I saw her and I do believe there is a picture of her and sandy laughing like little school girls.  She was ready to testify until JM interviewed her.  Lies, they all are just liars!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4037 on: June 14, 2013, 09:12:06 PM »

uummmmm A thought just ran through my mind,,,I wonder if JM can call patty now that she has said on TV that she could NOT testify to any abuse to ja....crap now I have to find that JVM show video

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4038 on: June 14, 2013, 09:18:51 PM »

uummmmm A thought just ran through my mind,,,I wonder if JM can call patty now that she has said on TV that she could NOT testify to any abuse to ja....crap now I have to find that JVM show video

here it is....

Rest in Peace Caylee

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4039 on: June 14, 2013, 09:21:59 PM »

Janet

21/05/2013

JMO but this is another mistake JSS made.  She took what the defense told her as truth and fact. Shame on her!! Bet she will not make THAT mistake again!!

I agree!

The judge related that Patty had planned to back up Jodi's testimony claiming childhood abuse.  The outcome was that Martinez was not given the opportunity to refute Patti's claim by revealing to the jury Patti's own words in that ABC interview ... Patti's own words that implied from her perspective Jodi had a great childhood..

The jury foreman embrace the childhood abuse mitigating factor as one aspect that formed his decision not to vote for the death penalty.

Kermit's post indicated the defense has motioned that the trial not resume until January.  I hope this motion is not granted.

Anyways ... what will be will be.

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.