March 19, 2024, 01:01:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial  (Read 1660831 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #500 on: March 05, 2013, 03:16:01 PM »

I'm not a gambler and not very good at predicting outcomes, but for whatever it's worth, I'm worried about the verdict in this case. Casey's trail taught me how stupid juries can be. I absolutely believe the prosecution has proven what it needs to prove for a conviction and the standard for imposing the death penalty. WILL that happen is another question. She's been on that stand a long time and I worry about a reluctance to put her to death.

I guess we'll find out soon enough, if they ever get her off the stand!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #501 on: March 05, 2013, 03:18:40 PM »

I'm not a gambler and not very good at predicting outcomes, but for whatever it's worth, I'm worried about the verdict in this case. Casey's trail taught me how stupid juries can be. I absolutely believe the prosecution has proven what it needs to prove for a conviction and the standard for imposing the death penalty. WILL that happen is another question. She's been on that stand a long time and I worry about a reluctance to put her to death.

I guess we'll find out soon enough, if they ever get her off the stand!

Agree

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #502 on: March 05, 2013, 03:39:32 PM »

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Jodi Arias Trial
Aired March 4, 2013 - 19:00   ET

<snipped>

VELEZ-MITCHELL: The defense played all of the raunchiest parts of Travis and Jodi`s now infamous sex phone call but this time they made it sound brand new by re- editing it and highlighting only Travis` kinky fantasies.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1303/04/ijvm.01.html

Yesterday's defence strategy that made Travis Alexander out to be sexually depraved by playing only selected segments of a recorded conversation with Jodi was sooo deceitful.  Last week's cross examination by Martinez exposed Jodi contribution in her own words and that contribution revealed that whatever Travis was into ... so was Jodi.

Janet

+++++ 

DR. DREW
Was Jodi "Into It"?; Mental Illness and Addiction
Aired February 27, 2013 - 21:00   ET

<snipped>

BEGIN AUDIO CLIP)

ARIAS: Do you remember that time I came to visit you when I was still working in California and I fell asleep on your chair next to your bed and you just woke me up by pulling my pants off and (EXPLETIVE DELETED) my (EXPLETIVE DELETED). I remember that was hot.

(END AUDIO CLIP)

MARTINEZ: You said you woke me up by pulling my pants off and licking my (EXPLETIVE DELETED).

ARIAS: Yes.

MARTINEZ: You actually called him "Hottie Biscotti", correct?

MARTINEZ: This is you sending him this text message, right?

MARTINEZ: "If you`re a lucky boy and you promise to give me a good well-deserved spanking maybe you could give my (EXPLETIVE DELETED) a too much-needed pounding too. Kidding." Correct?

MARTINEZ: And then you said, "Oh, yes. I want to (EXPLETIVE DELETED) you like a dirty horny little schoolgirl," right?

MARTINEZ: You did enjoy dressing up for him, right?

(END VIDEOTAPE)

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1302/27/ddhln.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #503 on: March 05, 2013, 06:00:22 PM »

March 5, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/vinniepolitan

1 hr Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
Kirk Nurmi patiently taking #JodiArias thru re-direct... Explaining her foggy scrambled memory... pic.twitter.com/tJYOq5HwL7
 View photo

1 hr Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
#JodiArias explaining her memory issues... I lose focus in stressful situations... It started when my parents yelled at me...

2 hrs Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
#JodiArias now explaining the license plate skaters at Starbucks story... WEAK!

2 hrs Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
#JodiArias getting into the gas receipts... Is anyone buying her explanation of the gas cans...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #504 on: March 05, 2013, 06:53:03 PM »

March 5, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/vinniepolitan

10 mins Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
Juror yawns during #JodiArias teary explanation for why she felt she had no choice but to kill Travis....

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #505 on: March 05, 2013, 07:20:25 PM »

March 5, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/@BethKaras

2 hrs Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras
Last December, during jury selection, the judge gave jurors April 11 as the outside date for the end of the... http://fb.me/28ddHIHxO

3 hrs Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras
Arias is now listing the alleged violent acts by Alexander between August 2007 and June 2008. #JodiArias

Most of the jurors in the front row seem to take a lot of notes. But jurors in the back row barely take notes.

On to Pasadena now. She's at Starbucks and says skaters messed with her license plates. #JodiArias

Arias is back on the stand for the afternoon session of day 15. #JodiArias

5 hrs Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras
Arias insists she returned the third gas can shortly after buying it in Salinas. #JodiArias

Back to,the gas cans and gas purchases.

Nurmi just referred to the burglary of Arias's grandparents' home as a robbery. There's a huge difference between robbery and burglary.

6 hrs Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras
Arias speaks in present tense when referring to Alexander. "He has zero tolerance for traffic jams..."

There are new notes in the jury basket.

Arias claims she "felt awful" and that it was the right thing to do--to send flowers to Alexander's grandmother.

Arias claims she was anxious about moving away from Arizona because she'd be leaving Alexander to "his own... http://fb.me/1cm3wdYXF

Arias claims Alexander told her time and again that if he could marry her, he would have won the wife lottery.

Arias is in court. We'll start soon. It's her 15th day on the stand. #JodiArias

7 hrs Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras
The attorneys are in chambers. No sighting of Arias yet. #JodiArias

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #506 on: March 05, 2013, 07:24:05 PM »

March 5, 2013 Tweets

23 mins Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras
While jurors have about 100 questions for Arias, it's likely that number will be lower by the time the judge... http://fb.me/20MwBuPLQ

57 mins Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras
Arias testified it was her philosophy that it's not OK to kill someone under any circumstances. Jurors just looked on... #JodiArias

1 hr Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras
New detail: Arias now says she "thinks" the gun was in a holster. But police found no holster or ammunition, to my knowledge. #JodiArias

Arias is going through the killing again--or what she recalls of it. Nothing new here. Jurors are not taking notes.

Arias on killing Alexander: "Those were my actions, my responsibility." #JodiArias

Arias is crying during this sidebar. #JodiArias

Arias reiterates she has no memory of stabbing Alexander or slashing his throat. #JodiArias

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #507 on: March 05, 2013, 08:08:30 PM »

The jury has summitted 100 questions?  Could many of those questions concerning one statement that spew forth out of the lips of Jodi Arias ... one statement regarding a "holster" ... a "holster" she claims the gun was in prior to the shooting.

Where is the "holster" that has never been brought up prior in Jodi's testimony?  Jodi never mentioned throwing away a "holster" in the desert.  Would the prosecutor be alluding to a gun that was stolen from Jodi's grandparents home a week prior to the murder if a "holster" had been discover in Travis' closet?

Could the "holster" be the smoking gun that will bring Jodi down?

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
crazybabyborg
« Reply #508 on: March 05, 2013, 10:08:11 PM »

Ooops! I missed the holster statement, Janet! When did Jodi mention a holster? Thanks!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #509 on: March 05, 2013, 11:39:18 PM »

Ooops! I missed the holster statement, Janet! When did Jodi mention a holster? Thanks!

As soon as the prosecutor heard Jody utter the word "holster" while being questioned by her defence attorney ... he yelled out "What!!"

Could it be the Jodi and her attorney are attempting a damage control strategy tonight in anticipation of tomorrow's questioning of Jodi by the prosecutor regarding this issue.

Janet

+++++

THE HOLSTER

March 5, 2013 Tweets

23 mins Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras
While jurors have about 100 questions for Arias, it's likely that number will be lower by the time the judge... http://fb.me/20MwBuPLQ

57 mins Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras
Arias testified it was her philosophy that it's not OK to kill someone under any circumstances. Jurors just looked on... #JodiArias

New detail: Arias now says she "thinks" the gun was in a holster. But police found no holster or ammunition, to my knowledge. #JodiArias

Arias is going through the killing again--or what she recalls of it. Nothing new here. Jurors are not taking notes.

Arias on killing Alexander: "Those were my actions, my responsibility." #JodiArias

Arias is crying during this sidebar. #JodiArias

Arias reiterates she has no memory of stabbing Alexander or slashing his throat. #JodiArias

_____

crazybabyborg
« Reply #510 on: March 06, 2013, 01:21:30 AM »

Thanks, Janet and Muffy! I had missed that! Hmmmmm, I wonder if the gun missing from her Grandfather was in a holster?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #511 on: March 06, 2013, 08:26:49 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1303/05/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Inside the Arias Courtroom
Aired March 5, 2013 - 19:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST: You won`t miss a minute of the dramatic crescendo to Jodi Arias`s time on the stand. I`m Jane Velez-Mitchell. Let`s go right back into the courtroom, and then, we`ll debate it.

JODI ARIAS, MURDER DEFENDANT: Yes, that is correct. That is correct.

KIRK NURMI, JODI`S CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: And at -- and at times we talked about how you want to remember where the knife was and the fact that you stabbed him with it and cut his throat. All those are kind of things that you`re using logical assumptions, not actual memories, is that accurate?
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #512 on: March 06, 2013, 08:29:06 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1303/05/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE
Jodi Arias Continues Questioning by Her Attorneys
Aired March 5, 2013 - 20:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: ... memories of slashing Mr. Alexander`s throat?

JODI ARIAS, CHARGED WITH MURDER: No. I feel like I`m the person who deserves to sit with those memories that I don`t have right now. Things just get scrambled.

I didn`t consider when he pushed me down twice violent.
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #513 on: March 06, 2013, 08:30:21 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1303/05/ddhln.01.html
DR. DREW
The Jodi Arias Trial
Aired March 5, 2013 - 21:00   ET

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

DR. DREW PINSKY, HOST (voice-over): Day 15, Jodi Arias on the stand.

Jodi creeped these people out. They even warned Travis about her. So why didn`t he listen to them? They`re here with some scary Jodi stories.

And video of Travis and Jodi you will not see anywhere else. What did Jodi`s behavior reveal today?
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: March 06, 2013, 08:45:31 AM »

Thanks, Janet and Muffy! I had missed that! Hmmmmm, I wonder if the gun missing from her Grandfather was in a holster?

Interesting question, CBB. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: March 06, 2013, 10:27:27 AM »

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/05/new-exclusive-jodi-and-travis-video
Exclusive: Travis' near-death experience
March 6, 2013

* Mefford family releases never-seen-before video of Jodi Arias and Travis Alexander
* Arias claims she killed ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander in self-defense
* More of this exclusive video will air Wednesday night on Dr. Drew On Call

::snipping2::
On Tuesday night, HLN’s Dr. Drew interviewed Hollie and Jacob Mefford who provided the show with video of Jodi Arias and Travis Alexander that has never been shown to the public until now.

Setting up the video, Jacob explained that friends were hanging out after a convention in Oklahoma City. During that time, Jacob’s wife felt compelled to videotape a story Travis had told before about a near-death experience at a robbery.

During the recording, Arias can be seen with her head resting on Alexander’s lap.
In part, Alexander is heard saying, “I got this gun against my head -- and all he needs to do is squeeze, you know. So, I'm like, this woman is going to get killed. And I'm like looking at her with all the despair I can muster up in my retina.”

Hear Dr. Drew and his special guests, including lie detection expert Janine Driver, comment on what they believe they’re seeing in the video regarding the demeanor of Jodi Arias.
More...

New Video of Jodi and Travis
Watch Video

3:57

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #516 on: March 06, 2013, 10:38:56 AM »

Although the header in the article is in reference to CA, I thought it interesting to post it also in JA's thread, because "Melissa" is involved in helping run not only a website for CA, but also for JA.  (see bold blue)

http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-anthony-supporters-send-cash-gift-cards/story?id=18658347
Casey Anthony Supporters Send Her Cash, Gift Cards
March 5, 2013

In her first public appearance since her murder acquittal in 2011, the unemployed Casey Anthony said that she lives "free off of the kindness of others," along with donations of cash and gift cards from strangers.

Even though she's been called the most hated woman in America, Anthony has a fervent group of supporters who use assumed names and brush off death threats in order to stand by her side.

"I think Casey made some mistakes and I think the picture that we see is a caricature of who she really is," a supporter who goes by Melissa told ABCNews.com. "I don't think we see the whole Casey in what has been presented. There's a hard road ahead of her, but she has a lot of support."

Melissa asked that her real name not be used in order to protect herself and her family. She said she is a college-educated, married mom in her 40s who lives on the West Coast.

Melissa said that she has never personally given money to support Anthony, but has seen comments on the website she helps run, CaseyAnthonyIsInnocent.com, from others who "have sent support to the attorneys."

Melissa said the website frequently receives death threats, some so serious that organizers have reported them to police.

"We can't control some of the comments where it may seem that someone has a crush on Casey, but we are not a fan site," she said. "We are a support site with the goal of counteracting the court of public opinion and supporting her through the justice system and thereafter."

Melissa used to be afraid to support Anthony publicly, but said she has become more vocal about her sympathy. She said her husband and parents are aware of her "hobby" and support her. She spends several hours a day working on the Anthony website and has also been kept busy by a second website she is helping with, JodiAriasIsInnocent.com.

"My reason for helping with it is because I do think women in high-profile trials are misportrayed [sic] in the media, and it drives me crazy to see them calling someone a sociopath by the way their eyes look and diagnosing people they haven't ever met," she said. "I have a lot of passion in what I do."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #517 on: March 06, 2013, 10:40:41 AM »

Good morning suzyinpgh!     What are your feelings about this case and the trial so far? 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #518 on: March 06, 2013, 10:45:19 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/casey-anthony-video-2013-caylee-anthonys-mothers-financial-18655072
Casey Anthony's Financial Future
Dan Abrams discusses the possibility of Casey Anthony being absolved from her debtors.

March 5, 2013

1:42 Video  Watch video or read transcript provided.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #519 on: March 06, 2013, 11:35:11 AM »

Arias to Answer Juror Questions in Murder Case
March 6, 2013

Jodi Arias has spent two weeks on the witness stand answering detailed questions from attorneys about practically every aspect of her life including the day she killed her lover and the painstaking steps she took to cover her tracks. Now it's the jury's turn.

<snipped>

After a withering cross-examination last week, and her attorneys' efforts to portray the victim as an abusive womanizer, in part, hoping to spare Arias the death penalty, jurors on Wednesday will pose their own questions to the defendant, something allowed in Arizona criminal cases.

Judge Sherry Stephens told attorneys Tuesday the panel has about 100 questions for Arias. The prosecutor and her attorneys will gather Wednesday morning to review the written queries and submit any objections, then Stephens will pose them to Arias directly.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/arias-testimony-retreads-details-killing-18661616

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.