March 28, 2024, 02:56:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial  (Read 1662927 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #680 on: March 15, 2013, 11:31:42 AM »

Is their court today?

Expert: Jodi Arias Suffered From PTSD, Memory Loss
March 15, 2013

<snipped>

Trial was set to resume Monday.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/expert-jodi-arias-suffered-ptsd-memory-loss-18733838

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #681 on: March 15, 2013, 11:44:28 AM »

I'm listening to the psychologist testifying...he is wrong...you do NOT need knowledge of the test to manipulate it.  If you are manipulative in nature you CAN manipulate it.  The questions on these tests are obvious...even if there is a "lie detector" in the test...you can tell that the questions are trying to trip you up and you adjust as needed.  I have taken these tests through a college class, Tests and Measurements. 

Manipulative?  The definition of Jodi Arias.

I can only assume that Jodi's prison time has been spent researching the symptoms of PTSD and the battered Woman Syndrome.  Jodi may be evil but she is not stupid.  IMO

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #682 on: March 15, 2013, 12:50:52 PM »

An expert testifying for Jodi Arias' defense was fined $2,500 in 2000 over a conflict of interest in a child custody case, HLN's Nancy Grace reported.

An administrative action filed with the New Jersey Board of Psychological Examiners shows that Dr. Richard M. Samuels, who took the stand for the defense Thursday, made a recommendation in a custody dispute without interviewing the child's mother. The document also stated that he bartered psychotherapeutic services with the child's father in exchange for dental services.

In addition to the civil penalty, Samuels was ordered to complete continuing education courses on ethics and boundary issues.
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/14/nancy-grace-breaks-news-about-arias-psychologist
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #683 on: March 15, 2013, 12:52:23 PM »

Does anyone know if this case is similar to the Casy Anthony case wherein if she is found not guilty of first degree murder
does she go free because it's only first degree death penalty or go free?

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #684 on: March 15, 2013, 12:56:26 PM »

Janet,

Listen to this guy

He agrees with you that Jodi shot Travis first. Listen to his scenario. He makes a LOT of sense.

Randolph Beasley
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/13/gun-jodi-used-jammed-forensic-expert-believes

Kermit

Randolh Beasley and I differ in our speculations.  I believe that the bullet casing on the blood implies Travis was stabbed prior to being shot.

Janet

+++++

DR. DREW
Aired March 13, 2013

<snipped>

RANDOLPH BEASLEY, CRIME SCENE FORENSIC EXPERT: Well, to me, what makes sense on this case is that Jodi did not bring a knife to attack Travis. She brought a gun. That`s obvious. She premeditated this.

And when she shot him in the bathroom, when he`s in the shower, the gun jammed. And so she couldn`t finish him off. And when the gun jammed, she panicked, she had to go ahead and find a knife, whenever the knife was in the bedroom, or bathroom, wherever it was.

But when Travis made his way to the sink, he coughed out blood or e expirated blood into the sink and then she got a knife and finished him off.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1303/13/ddhln.01.html

I am honestly baffled and can not figure it out..  The blood splatter is consistent by a gunshot wound, as Randolph suggests, buttttt the bullet casing being on top of the pool of blood just baffles me as to which came first - the gun shot or the stab to the heart.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #685 on: March 15, 2013, 12:58:16 PM »

Do you believe Jodi suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?
10:15 AM EDT, Fri March 15, 2013
6% Yes
94% No

http://www.hlntv.com/poll/2013/03/14/do-you-believe-jodi-suffers-post-traumatic-stress-disorder
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #686 on: March 15, 2013, 01:17:51 PM »

Janet,

Listen to this guy

He agrees with you that Jodi shot Travis first. Listen to his scenario. He makes a LOT of sense.

Randolph Beasley
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/13/gun-jodi-used-jammed-forensic-expert-believes

Kermit

Randolh Beasley and I differ in our speculations.  I believe that the bullet casing on the blood implies Travis was stabbed prior to being shot.

Janet

+++++

DR. DREW
Aired March 13, 2013

<snipped>

RANDOLPH BEASLEY, CRIME SCENE FORENSIC EXPERT: Well, to me, what makes sense on this case is that Jodi did not bring a knife to attack Travis. She brought a gun. That`s obvious. She premeditated this.

And when she shot him in the bathroom, when he`s in the shower, the gun jammed. And so she couldn`t finish him off. And when the gun jammed, she panicked, she had to go ahead and find a knife, whenever the knife was in the bedroom, or bathroom, wherever it was.

But when Travis made his way to the sink, he coughed out blood or e expirated blood into the sink and then she got a knife and finished him off.

<snipped>

I am honestly baffled and can not figure it out..  The blood splatter is consistent by a gunshot wound, as Randolph suggests, buttttt the bullet casing being on top of the pool of blood just baffles me as to which came first - the gun shot or the stab to the heart.

Kermit

There was another guest on the same Dr. Drew Show that did not agree with Randolh Beasley's theory.  When the issue of the bullet casing is considered I tend to side with Bill Lloyd's take.

Janet

++++++

DR. DREW
Aired March 13, 2013

<snipped>

DR. BILL LLOYD, PATHOLOGIST: ... If you go back to the medical evidence, the information garnered at the time of autopsy, they discovered that there wasn`t much blood at all, inside the skull, in the brain tissues, or in the sinuses. If, in fact, he had been shot first, there would have been blood everywhere inside the skull, the sinuses, and the facial wounds.

No, no, he got shot at the end of the story after being savagely stabbed and the massive blood loss from having his vena cava severed. Guess what? When you have massive venous collapse, you start coughing up blood and that`s what happened in the bathroom.

<snipped>

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: March 15, 2013, 01:32:32 PM »

An expert testifying for Jodi Arias' defense was fined $2,500 in 2000 over a conflict of interest in a child custody case, HLN's Nancy Grace reported.

An administrative action filed with the New Jersey Board of Psychological Examiners shows that Dr. Richard M. Samuels, who took the stand for the defense Thursday, made a recommendation in a custody dispute without interviewing the child's mother. The document also stated that he bartered psychotherapeutic services with the child's father in exchange for dental services.

In addition to the civil penalty, Samuels was ordered to complete continuing education courses on ethics and boundary issues.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/14/nancy-grace-breaks-news-about-arias-psychologist

When you consider the above ... Richard M. Samuels' conclusion that Jodi's memory issues are a result of PTDS does not have credibility.  Did money, fame and a manipulative Jodi sway his "professional" opinion?

I hope the prosecutor challenges the credibility of this "expert" defence witness.

Janet   

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: March 15, 2013, 01:48:34 PM »

Richard Samuels

NANCY GRACE
Psychologist Testifies for Arias Defense
Aired March 14, 2013 - 20:00:00   ET

<snipped>

ZARRELL: Yes, Nancy, with help from our viewers we`ve discovered a prior incident with Dr. Richard Samuels in 2000, in New Jersey where he was fined for making a custody recommendation without examining the mother, and for bartering services with the father of the case in exchange for dental services. Now he paid a fine and this has been confirmed. His license number on the document matches Richard Samuels` license number. This was in 2000 in New Jersey. And he was fined for this.

GRACE: I was wondering why he would give up private practice in the location where he had been for so many years to go treat inmates in Arizona. And on -- explain to me, what did you say about he gave -- he counseled patients and bartered in exchange for dental services?

ZARRELL: Yes, I will read from the document itself, it says that respondent bartered services with the father so that the father received psychotherapeutic services from respondent which is Samuels, in exchange the respondent Samuels receiving dental services from the father.

GRACE: ... So, Monica Lindstrom, is that the type of thing that the state will bring in against him on cross examination, when they begin to cross-examine this psychologist in front of the jury?

LINDSTROM: Of course they will. They`re going to bring anything and everything they possibly can in order to shut this witness down to show that he doesn`t know what he`s talking about or to show he`s not credible or they just shouldn`t believe him, or just quite frankly he is not a good person

Everything they`re going to use and they will -- if they find that fact, they are going to try to use it. ....

GRACE: Dr. Saunders, what do you make of this?

PATRICIA SAUNDERS, CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST: Well, those actions, they`re unethical, and may border on the legal -- this is a custody case. If he was soliciting services, bartering from the father, that may have been part of a plot for him to say this father is a good guy, so he would get custody and not the mother. It awaits investigation but it don`t sound kosher.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1303/14/ng.01.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: March 15, 2013, 03:05:24 PM »

Maybe Jodi Arias will ultimately be spared death through an appeal ... through an insanity plea?  This woman definitely has psychological issues ... psychological issues that Travis Alexander recognized ... psychological issues he articulated in a May, 2008 text to Jodi.   Could this text have been the catalyst that sealed Travis' ultimate demise less than one month later?

Janet

+++++

Video shows Jodi Arias singing, performing headstand minutes before murder charge
Published March 15, 2013

<snipped>

Minutes before Jodi Arias was charged with the brutal murder of her boyfriend, she was caught on video singing, laughing, asking about her makeup and doing a 20-second headstand. 

The June 15, 2008, video catches her just 15 minutes after sobbing through a four-hour police interrogation. Her attitude dramatically changes.

Once the prosecutor leaves the room Arias is seen talking to herself, laughing and playing with a garbage can. She then does a headstand against the wall.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/15/jodi-arias-caught-on-tape-singing-performing-headstand-minutes-before-murder/?test=latestnews

May, 2008 Text

DR. DREW
Aired February 19, 2013 - 21:00:00   ET

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ARIAS: He said, "I`m going to tell all your friends and family, basically, about all the -- I can`t remember how he characterized it, but I think it was something like the psycho things that you`ve done. I don`t ever want to get another freaking text from you again or a call unless it`s an apology and a thank you for constantly having to take on your ever-ceasing problems. Not one freaking more.

I`m sick of your soap opera and your ways. You purposely try to ruin every day. It seems you`re getting good at it. You couldn`t get off your lazy butt, because that`s the sociopath I know so well, it freaking figures.

I want you to understand how evil I think you are. You are the worst thing that ever happened to me. It made me feel not good, I guess. It made me feel yucky.

You are a sociopath. You only cry for yourself. You have never cared about me and you have betrayed me worse than any example I could conjure. You are sick and you have scammed me."

(END VIDEO CLIP)

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1302/19/ddhln.01.html

_____

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #690 on: March 15, 2013, 03:22:47 PM »

Premeditated or Heat of Passion

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #691 on: March 15, 2013, 03:45:33 PM »

finger not bent

I have noticed many times during the trial when she used her left hand and the finger was not bent, but I never took a screen shot of it.

I think in the above picture, it is bent. (Look at her knuckle on her ring finger. It appears to be raised.)

I do believe she can hold her hand and keep that finger bent at will.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #692 on: March 15, 2013, 03:49:50 PM »

I'm listening to the psychologist testifying...he is wrong...you do NOT need knowledge of the test to manipulate it.  If you are manipulative in nature you CAN manipulate it.  The questions on these tests are obvious...even if there is a "lie detector" in the test...you can tell that the questions are trying to trip you up and you adjust as needed.  I have taken these tests through a college class, Tests and Measurements. 

I can only assume that Jodi's prison time has been spent researching the symptoms of PTSD and the battered Woman Syndrome.  Jodi may be evil but she is not stupid.  IMO

Janet

It would be interesting to see what books she took out of the library while being incarcerated these past years. Also, if she had access to a computer, what websites she studied.

I believe also that she has had plenty of time while incarcerated to learn about battered women syndrome and PTSD. And I also believe she did not suffer from either one of them.

She is just a manipulative, evil liar IMHO.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: March 15, 2013, 04:03:12 PM »

My hubby broke his finger in an industrial accident years ago.  A split was applied but the finger has been bent ever since ... something akin to Jodi's finger.  Following the trial demonstration by Jodi ... my hubby showed me how his finger does not appear bent when he cups the other three.  Something akin to the photo the prosecutor submitted as evidence ... evidence that backfired.

Nevertheless ... Jodi's finger story changed.  First it was cut.  Second it wasn't.

Janet

The Finger - Jodi Arias' Changing Stories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3gSfq4EetY

_____

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #694 on: March 15, 2013, 04:17:03 PM »

finger not bent

I have noticed many times during the trial when she used her left hand and the finger was not bent, but I never took a screen shot of it.

I think in the above picture, it is bent. (Look at her knuckle on her ring finger. It appears to be raised.)

I do believe she can hold her hand and keep that finger bent at will.

Maybe you are right Brandi. I can't see very well. Just something about the finger bothers me.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: March 15, 2013, 04:17:20 PM »

Janet

It would be interesting to see what books she took out of the library while being incarcerated these past years. Also, if she had access to a computer, what websites she studied.

I believe also that she has had plenty of time while incarcerated to learn about battered women syndrome and PTSD. And I also believe she did not suffer from either one of them.

I remember ... going back 50 years ... the "aptitude tests" given to us in high school.  It was suppose to determine our course selection in regards to possible future careers.  Even I figured how to manipulate the "yes" and "no" answers to assure there was no problems receiving the courses I determined I would have no problem passing.  In other words there was no research necessary ... just common sense.

My DIL in her journey to get her Masters in Education took a few psychology courses.  She claims that ... to a large extent ... she passed these courses using "common sense."

Janet

_____

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #696 on: March 15, 2013, 04:21:25 PM »

Kermit

There was another guest on the same Dr. Drew Show that did not agree with Randolh Beasley's theory.  When the issue of the bullet casing is considered I tend to side with Bill Lloyd's take.

Janet

++++++

DR. DREW
Aired March 13, 2013

<snipped>

DR. BILL LLOYD, PATHOLOGIST: ... If you go back to the medical evidence, the information garnered at the time of autopsy, they discovered that there wasn`t much blood at all, inside the skull, in the brain tissues, or in the sinuses. If, in fact, he had been shot first, there would have been blood everywhere inside the skull, the sinuses, and the facial wounds.

No, no, he got shot at the end of the story after being savagely stabbed and the massive blood loss from having his vena cava severed. Guess what? When you have massive venous collapse, you start coughing up blood and that`s what happened in the bathroom.

<snipped>

Thank you Janet for finding that. I had not heard/read it before.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #697 on: March 15, 2013, 04:22:22 PM »

Travis is taking a shower, unaware of any problems up to 5:24:56.  Then, a full minute goes by and at 5:25:00 he has his hands up and leaning on the shower wall.  IMO, this is where Jodi pulled the weapon on him and began taunting him as can be seen by his changing positions and finally by him down on the shower floor where, IMO, she did shoot him in the head.  Thinking of this as I was reviewing the photos gave me an idea of how cruel and brutal the entire incident was for Travis.

I think Travis is already dead in picture 5:30:30 also their is NO water the shower, it has been shut off

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #698 on: March 15, 2013, 04:23:02 PM »

A conviction on second-degree murder carries a maximum sentence of 22 years in prison. A first-degree murder conviction could mean the death penalty for Arias.
http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/Phoenix-defense-attorney-Jodi-Arias-conviction-could-come-down-to-1-juror-190057081.html

I am not sure, but it looks like she won't go free no matter what the jury decides unless they think she is not guilty on all counts.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #699 on: March 15, 2013, 04:24:58 PM »

Janet

Good point Brandi, I hope the Prosecutor's team is working this weekend digging.
Leave no stone un-turned when it comes to evil people.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.