March 19, 2024, 01:13:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial  (Read 1660833 times)
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1000 on: March 27, 2013, 03:59:09 PM »

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/052011/m4744268.pdf

interesting.

Argument is presented regarding the Motion to Compel any and all materials related to
the attempted interrogation of Matt McCartney.
IT IS ORDERED granting the Motion with regarding to notes

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1001 on: March 27, 2013, 04:06:41 PM »

Tamikosmom, I got to thinking more about Matt McCartney. 

I was thinking of Juan Martinez only touching upon the messages hidden in the magazing and I wondered why he did not get into that more with her... why he didn't home in on the secretive messages she was sending to somebody.  I don't think Juan even asked her who this message was intended for.

Then I wondered why he, Juan, would take such liberties of aggression with witnesses.  Most seasoned prosecutors know better than to do that.  They know how it could potentially affect a jury.  Then to risk playing only a snippet of Samuels testimony... that cold potentially cause the jury to not trust the prosecutor.

Martinez is smart.  He keeps things to his chest then uses them against a witness later.  I saw him do it with both Jodi and Samuels.  Taking all of this into consideration I'm leading to the possibility you've been bringing our attention to... the possibility that Matt may now be a prosecution witness. 

Juan may be so confident because he knows Matt will be the nail that seals Jodi's coffin.  He may be waiting to use a 'Matt factor' toward the end of witness testimony.  I don't know the ins and outs of calling witnesses.  I don't know if Matt needs to already be on the prosecution witness list but if Juan is able to pull that off and Matt is willing to do it, Jodi will almost surely get the death penalty and Juan knows this.  Could explain a lot of his behaviors.

Wouldn't it be something if that was the reason for today's delay?  What if a groundbreaking confession has been made?

::donkey2::

If it has been revealed to the defence team through disclosure that Matt McCartney has confessed to the prosecutor regarding his participation in the events encompassing the murder of Travis and has accepted a plea deal that will take the death penalty off the table for Matt ... there is no way the defence would want McCartney to take the stand and ... there is no way that the defence would want the case to be afforded to the jury for deliberations.

Anticipating Matt McCartney's testimony as a prosecution witness ... could it be there are behind the scenes negotiations take place right now between the defence team and the prosecutor for a guilty plea from Jodi ... behind the scenes negotiations that would ultimately take the death penalty off the table.

Again ... it should be noted that this detective wannabe and her mother never missed a Perry Mason episode way back when.  In reality do "Perry Mason moments" ever happen?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1002 on: March 27, 2013, 04:28:12 PM »

interesting.

Argument is presented regarding the Motion to Compel any and all materials related to

Hi Kermit

In other words ... the defence through disclosure is aware whether or not Matt McCartney  has "betrayed" Jodi.

Could it be when all was said and done Matt McCartney made the decision that he could not under oath as a defence witness support all Jodi Arias' lies encompassing Travis Alexander and ... the truth spilled out in a confession during the interview with the prosecutor.

Janet

Jodi Arias grilled over ‘litany of lies’By Graham Winch
updated 7:03 PM EST, Mon February 25, 2013

<snipped>

6:07 p.m. ET: Martinez just showed Arias' mugshot to the jury and noted that she was smiling.

6:01 p.m. ET: Martinez played part of a CBS 48 Hours interview where Arias said she thought McCartney would never betray her.

6:00 p.m. ET: Martinez asked Arias if she ever thought McCartney would betray her. She said she had that belief in the past.

5:58 p.m. ET: Arias said when she saw McCartney, she thought she had makeup on her neck covering up the bruises.

5:55 p.m. ET: Arias said she arrived at McCartney's house in the late afternoon. Martinez is questioning her timeline of this leg of her trip to McCartney's house in the Monterey, California area.

5:50 p.m. ET: Arias said she moved out of Mesa, Arizona a few days after the choking incident. On the way back home to Yreka, California, she stopped by McCartney's house. During this line of questioning, Arias seemed to be confused by Martinez's questions.

5:46 p.m. ET: Martinez is pointing out that McCartney would not be able to see her bruises over the phone.

5:45 p.m. ET: Arias said she talked to McCartney about the choking incident a few days afterwards.

5:44 p.m. ET: Martinez asked Arias if McCartney visited her in jail. Arias said he has visited her, and they have talked on the phone.

5:42 p.m. ET: Martinez is asking about how Alexander choked her until she passed out in April 2008. Arias said she told Matt McCartney about the incident a few days, when he called her out on her bruises. Martinez asked Arias if she knew what McCartney said when he was interviewed about this claim. The defense objected and now the attorneys are at a sidebar.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/02/25/jodi-arias-testifies-day-10-live-blog

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1003 on: March 27, 2013, 04:31:49 PM »

Another thing that makes me ponder the 'Matt factor' is Jodi's demeanor in court yesterday.  She appeared withdrawn and 'beaten'... more so than I've seen since I've been watching.  I wonder if the defense caught wind in the last day or two that Matt has decided to testify?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1004 on: March 27, 2013, 04:42:00 PM »

Another thing that makes me ponder the 'Matt factor' is Jodi's demeanor in court yesterday.  She appeared withdrawn and 'beaten'... more so than I've seen since I've been watching.  I wonder if the defense caught wind in the last day or two that Matt has decided to testify?

Amys Sister

I have felt the same regarding the demeanor of defence team and Jodi since the two "experts" began testifying that something was up.  Your words define my impression perfectly?  "Withdrawn and Beaten?" 

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1005 on: March 27, 2013, 04:44:43 PM »

Jodi Arias grilled over ‘litany of lies’

<snipped>

6:05 p.m. ET: Martinez played another clip from the CBS "48 Hours" interview where Arias said McCartney is one of her "best friends" and "allies."

<snipped>

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1006 on: March 27, 2013, 05:26:38 PM »

Thanks kcrn, cookie and Kermit.

It is said that the night is darkest just before the dawn and ... I do believe a new day is about to dawn.

Janet

you have a lot of prayer warriors praying for your family hon. Hang in there. It is the season of miracles.

Ribbit

_____

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1007 on: March 27, 2013, 05:54:10 PM »

I had no idea Jodi hit her brother on the head with a baseball bat when she was five and he was two or three.  She has admitted to kicking her dog and kicking her own mother.  These are the behaviors of a sick person, child or not.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/21/ddhln.01.html

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1008 on: March 27, 2013, 05:55:05 PM »

I heard on one of the talk shows (radio) that this domestic violence expert is very smart but she has not met with Jodi before.  So, she would be talking "in general" in my opinion

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1009 on: March 27, 2013, 06:48:11 PM »

on HLN today either Beth Karas or Jean Casarez brought up that the two "accidental" photos... specifically the one of Travis laying with Jodi's foot and the one after that... We're actually shot upside down (so the camera would be upside down with the button on the ground)

Just figured I would mention since that specific photo was being discussed to great length a couple days ago. I think I've heard/read it before but not here recently.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1010 on: March 27, 2013, 09:41:07 PM »

interesting.

Hi Kermit

In other words ... the defence through disclosure is aware whether or not Matt McCartney  has "betrayed" Jodi.

Could it be when all was said and done Matt McCartney made the decision that he could not under oath as a defence witness support all Jodi Arias' lies encompassing Travis Alexander and ... the truth spilled out in a confession during the interview with the prosecutor.

Janet

Jodi Arias grilled over ‘litany of lies’By Graham Winch

<snipped>

6:07 p.m. ET: Martinez just showed Arias' mugshot to the jury and noted that she was smiling.

6:01 p.m. ET: Martinez played part of a CBS 48 Hours interview where Arias said she thought McCartney would never betray her.

6:00 p.m. ET: Martinez asked Arias if she ever thought McCartney would betray her. She said she had that belief in the past.

5:58 p.m. ET: Arias said when she saw McCartney, she thought she had makeup on her neck covering up the bruises.

5:55 p.m. ET: Arias said she arrived at McCartney's house in the late afternoon. Martinez is questioning her timeline of this leg of her trip to McCartney's house in the Monterey, California area.

5:50 p.m. ET: Arias said she moved out of Mesa, Arizona a few days after the choking incident. On the way back home to Yreka, California, she stopped by McCartney's house. During this line of questioning, Arias seemed to be confused by Martinez's questions.

5:46 p.m. ET: Martinez is pointing out that McCartney would not be able to see her bruises over the phone.

5:45 p.m. ET: Arias said she talked to McCartney about the choking incident a few days afterwards.

5:44 p.m. ET: Martinez asked Arias if McCartney visited her in jail. Arias said he has visited her, and they have talked on the phone.

5:42 p.m. ET: Martinez is asking about how Alexander choked her until she passed out in April 2008. Arias said she told Matt McCartney about the incident a few days, when he called her out on her bruises. Martinez asked Arias if she knew what McCartney said when he was interviewed about this claim. The defense objected and now the attorneys are at a sidebar.

to me, it seems very questionable as to why the defense did not have Matt McCartney testify.

.Right after the killing, she drove out to the Arizona desert and called ex-boyfriend Matthew McCartney and new lover Ryan Burns.
http://www.ibtimes.com/jodi-arias-travis-alexander-murder-trial-update-defendant-called-liar-prosecution-during-cross

Here is another thing to think about:

I hope the jury gets it when it comes out that it was during the period that Jodi was acting as her own ‘attorney’, she had ‘lawyer’ privileges which entitled her to contact Matt McCartney regarding the photo of the alleged letter. Clever of Nurmi to ‘withdraw’ from the case during this period and to be re-instated after the letter was proved to be a fake.
Reply Posted by: mb    | Monday, March 11, 2013 at 8:46 PM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2013/03/jodi-arias-how-much-of-her-can-you-take.html

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1011 on: March 27, 2013, 09:43:29 PM »

I kind of think she is angry which is why she has all the headaches.

I sure hope a major revelation happens that nails her.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1012 on: March 27, 2013, 09:44:30 PM »

I heard on one of the talk shows (radio) that this domestic violence expert is very smart but she has not met with Jodi before.  So, she would be talking "in general" in my opinion

So there is no value in this testimony. I think this is just smoke and mirrors.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1013 on: March 27, 2013, 09:48:23 PM »

on HLN today either Beth Karas or Jean Casarez brought up that the two "accidental" photos... specifically the one of Travis laying with Jodi's foot and the one after that... We're actually shot upside down (so the camera would be upside down with the button on the ground)

Just figured I would mention since that specific photo was being discussed to great length a couple days ago. I think I've heard/read it before but not here recently.

I was listening to that too. They said the button to fire off photos probably happened when the camera hit the floor
They also said that the camera did not have a strap, so that rules out Jodi having the camera on her wrist.
 Just the angle of those 2 particular pictures doesn't add up for me of a camera not being on some kind of
angle in order to capture her foot and the back of Travis' head when she is dragging him.

But then I was thinking, maybe the camera landed on a towel or some clothing making it at an angle.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1014 on: March 27, 2013, 10:37:45 PM »

The Camera

IF the strap was discovered in the camera case and ... considering I suspect that an accomplice did the stabbing and dragging ... actions that Jodi claims she cannot recollect ... could it be that Jodi was carrying the camera during these happenings  ... carrying the camera while unaware during all the commotion that a timer which was set was activating the camera every minute?

Could it be that Jodi was still holding the camera in the clean-up process when she grabbed the sheets off the bed ... sheets that she realized could reveal her DNA?  Could this be the reason that the camera was found in the washing machine with the sheets?

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1015 on: March 27, 2013, 11:24:13 PM »

I kind of think she is angry which is why she has all the headaches.

I sure hope a major revelation happens that nails her.

Me too!

::donkey2::

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1016 on: March 27, 2013, 11:27:33 PM »

SM Front Page Blog?  I can't seem to access it.

Janet

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1017 on: March 28, 2013, 09:09:12 AM »

Janet

Thanks Janet, it seems to be working okay now.  Please let me know if you have any more problems and I'll report it. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1018 on: March 28, 2013, 11:06:17 AM »

Janet

Thanks Janet, it seems to be working okay now.  Please let me know if you have any more problems and I'll report it. 

Muffy

When I click the BLOG icon above from my computer the page message reads "The website cannot display the page".

When I attempt to access from my computer through http://scaredmonkeys.com/ the page message reads the same.

I have been experiencing this problem since Tuesday evening.

Janet

_____

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1019 on: March 28, 2013, 01:23:58 PM »

My 11 year old actually questioned whether Juan Martinez signing the cane and posing with 'fans' was a good idea.  He thought it was inappropriate and that Juan should wait until the trial is over.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.