March 29, 2024, 01:37:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial  (Read 1663182 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1440 on: April 11, 2013, 06:16:47 AM »

https://twitter.com/jodiannarias

Jodi Arias operating Twitter page from jail with outside help

Apr 10, 2013 9:19 p.m.

A Fox 10 Exclusive PHOENIX - Jodi Arias is at the center of one of the highest profile murder trials the valley has ever seen. And now she's tweeting from behind bars.

FOX 10 News has learned that Jodi Arias is operating her own Twitter page from jail, communicating with hundreds of followers -- mocking the prosecutor and even taking shots at cable host Nancy Grace.

The last tweet went out Tuesday night to her more than 500 followers.

"No boyfriend. Enough of that rumor." And "God bless five day weekends." Sounds like any normal person tweeting about their lives. But the person behind these tweets is the most famous defendant in the world.

But how can Jodi Arias use Twitter from jail? She doesn't have a computer. She does it through this woman -- Donavan Bering -- a close friend Jodi talks to almost every night on the phone.

Donavan Bering was sitting with Jodi's mother in court today.

"She'll call and say 'I have a quote.' We'll talk about it. Sometimes she says 'let's tweet.' And then she'll say 'no let's not do it.'"

Through Donavan, Jodi has been using Twitter to go after prosecutor Juan Martinez.

Tweeting, "Hmm... Anger Management problems anyone?" -- "He who tries to establish his point by much yelling shows that his reasoning is weak." And -- "Those afflicted with Little Man's Syndrome taint society's perception of genuinely good men who happen to be vertically challenged."

She went after HLN's famous court watcher Nancy Grace. When Grace tweeted a picture of her that appeared to show her making an obscene gesture with her hand in court, she tweeted, "Actually Nancy, that finger was for you. Have a nice day." And "HLN is an acronym for Haters Love Negativity."

"I think it's a way of her getting out her frustration, because she doesn't have a chance to say much," explains Donavan.

But she also uses Twitter to further what appears to be a healthy business selling her art from behind bars.

Jodi tweeted, "eBay has banned all listings of my artwork. The silver lining in making my art more difficult to obtain is that it keeps increasing in value."

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office knows about what's going on, but is not moving to stop it.

"We do talk about the fact that Jodi seems to be able to reach out into the community in various ways and profit from her notoriety. We don't like it... but there is nothing we can do about it," said Lisa Allen, MCSO spokesperson.

Jodi has not been convicted, which means the sheriff's department can't stop her from selling her artwork.

Her attorneys know she is tweeting, and apparently they aren't very happy about it.

Article link
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/21938 ... tside-help
Edit to provide workable link.  MB
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/21938541/2013/04/11/jodi-arias-operating-twitter-page-from-jail-with-outside-help
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 11:21:47 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1441 on: April 11, 2013, 07:32:36 AM »

https://twitter.com/jodiannarias

Jodi Arias operating Twitter page from jail with outside help

Apr 10, 2013 9:19 p.m.

A Fox 10 Exclusive PHOENIX - Jodi Arias is at the center of one of the highest profile murder trials the valley has ever seen. And now she's tweeting from behind bars.

FOX 10 News has learned that Jodi Arias is operating her own Twitter page from jail, communicating with hundreds of followers -- mocking the prosecutor and even taking shots at cable host Nancy Grace.

The last tweet went out Tuesday night to her more than 500 followers.

"No boyfriend. Enough of that rumor." And "God bless five day weekends." Sounds like any normal person tweeting about their lives. But the person behind these tweets is the most famous defendant in the world.

But how can Jodi Arias use Twitter from jail? She doesn't have a computer. She does it through this woman -- Donavan Bering -- a close friend Jodi talks to almost every night on the phone.

Donavan Bering was sitting with Jodi's mother in court today.

"She'll call and say 'I have a quote.' We'll talk about it. Sometimes she says 'let's tweet.' And then she'll say 'no let's not do it.'"

Through Donavan, Jodi has been using Twitter to go after prosecutor Juan Martinez.

Tweeting, "Hmm... Anger Management problems anyone?" -- "He who tries to establish his point by much yelling shows that his reasoning is weak." And -- "Those afflicted with Little Man's Syndrome taint society's perception of genuinely good men who happen to be vertically challenged."

She went after HLN's famous court watcher Nancy Grace. When Grace tweeted a picture of her that appeared to show her making an obscene gesture with her hand in court, she tweeted, "Actually Nancy, that finger was for you. Have a nice day." And "HLN is an acronym for Haters Love Negativity."

"I think it's a way of her getting out her frustration, because she doesn't have a chance to say much," explains Donavan.

But she also uses Twitter to further what appears to be a healthy business selling her art from behind bars.

Jodi tweeted, "eBay has banned all listings of my artwork. The silver lining in making my art more difficult to obtain is that it keeps increasing in value."

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office knows about what's going on, but is not moving to stop it.

"We do talk about the fact that Jodi seems to be able to reach out into the community in various ways and profit from her notoriety. We don't like it... but there is nothing we can do about it," said Lisa Allen, MCSO spokesperson.

Jodi has not been convicted, which means the sheriff's department can't stop her from selling her artwork.

Her attorneys know she is tweeting, and apparently they aren't very happy about it.

Article link
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/21938 ... tside-help
Edit to provide workable link.  MB  
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/21938541/2013/04/11/jodi-arias-operating-twitter-page-from-jail-with-outside-help

Thanks Puzzler   She is full of her self isn't she. I find it odd that they know she is doing this and can't do any thing about it.  It just shows what a cold witch she is.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 11:22:53 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1442 on: April 11, 2013, 08:01:43 AM »

I hope the jury can find out about her "tweets". She has no remorse for killing Travis.  None. Nada. Zilch.

I hope she walks down death row - and I don't often feel that way.
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1443 on: April 11, 2013, 10:40:57 AM »

I hope the jury can find out about her "tweets". She has no remorse for killing Travis.  None. Nada. Zilch.

I completely agree with u. I dont even know how i feel about the death penalty but this one makes a strong case for it for me. She is evil through & through. U can have a cellphone in jail, really?! How ridiculous. I am glad to hear ebay banned her artwork. Enough people must have complained. Her artwork is amateur at best. Who would want it? Only a person with an equally demented mind would want anything of hers.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1444 on: April 11, 2013, 10:57:03 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1304/10/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Defense Redirects with Domestic Abuse Expert
Aired April 10, 2013 - 19:00:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HLN HOST: Tonight, as we go back for more testimony, victim Travis Alexander`s sister sobs in court. Look at her there, crying as their dead brother and their parents, the whole family is dragged through the mud by this expert witness for the defense.

Battered woman expert Alyce LaViolette is in turn attacked by prosecutor Juan Martinez, accused of being biased and refusing to see that Jodi was stalking Travis. The defense expert admits Travis was afraid of Jodi but then argues people don`t keep having sex with stalkers they`re terrified of. Listen to some of their back and forth, head-to-head.
Read more...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1445 on: April 11, 2013, 10:59:41 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1304/10/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE
LaViolette Testifies on Redirect
Aired April 10, 2013 - 20:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JUAN MARTINEZ, PROSECUTOR: ... Mr. Alexander`s unannounced and looked inside. You`re wear of that, right?

ALYCE LAVIOLETTE, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE EXPERT: Yes, I am.

MARTINEZ: Isn`t that an indication of a stalking state of mind?

LAVIOLETTE: No.

MARTINEZ: Because the person in the blue shirt over there moved to Mesa, Arizona, correct?

LAVIOLETTE: No, not correct.
Read more...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1446 on: April 11, 2013, 11:02:16 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1304/10/ddhln.01.html
DR. DREW
Jodi & Mom: Two Peas In A Pod?; Jodi`s Trial Live
Aired April 10, 2013 - 21:00   ET

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

DR. DREW PINSKY, HLN HOST (voice-over): Jodi Arias trial day 45. Alice in Wonderland. Has Jodi`s defense witness cracked?

(CROSSTALK)

WITNESS: She did not tell me that. I made an assumption. It was an incorrect assumption.

PINSKY: Has the savage questioning scored big, proving that Jodi is a stalker?

JUAN MARTINEZ, PROSECUTOR: Exposing a nasty horrific rumor that is untrue about an individual, that`s also considered stalking behavior, correct?

WITNESS: I would consider that blackmailing behavior.

PINSKY: Plus, we`ve got new and never-before-seen photos of the man she killed. What do they reveal about Travis Alexander who`s reputation has been shredded by Jodi?

What`s Cameron Diaz got to do with it?

Let`s get started.
Read more...

kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1447 on: April 11, 2013, 11:03:13 AM »

I completely agree with u. I dont even know how i feel about the death penalty but this one makes a strong case for it for me. She is evil through & through. U can have a cellphone in jail, really?! How ridiculous. I am glad to hear ebay banned her artwork. Enough people must have complained. Her artwork is amateur at best. Who would want it? Only a person with an equally demented mind would want anything of hers.
On the plus side, if she has internet access maybe she reads on here & other places & knows how happy it would make the world to see her on death row.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1448 on: April 11, 2013, 12:21:25 PM »

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1449 on: April 11, 2013, 12:26:53 PM »

I have been wanting to ask this for awhile...is it possible the sex occurred due to fear? Could she have had a gun on him the entire time. He may have thought she wouldn't really shoot, but complied because he wasn't sure. Does that make sense? I know there are pics proving the sex...do they show a possibility of this theory?

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1450 on: April 11, 2013, 12:48:14 PM »

I have been wanting to ask this for awhile...is it possible the sex occurred due to fear? Could she have had a gun on him the entire time. He may have thought she wouldn't really shoot, but complied because he wasn't sure. Does that make sense? I know there are pics proving the sex...do they show a possibility of this theory?

Oh, I don't think so at all.

The pics I have seen (obscene, in my opinion) show her without a gun. Instead, playing a sex kitten, if you ask me.

I think he was a willing participant, myself.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1451 on: April 11, 2013, 01:00:42 PM »

The pics I have seen (obscene, in my opinion) show her without a gun. Instead, playing a sex kitten, if you ask me.

Thanks Brandi for the response.  I hadn't seen the pics. I had been wondering about that.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1452 on: April 11, 2013, 01:26:47 PM »

Thanks Brandi for the response.  I hadn't seen the pics. I had been wondering about that.
Agree. My guess is that he was unaware of her planned visit, succumbed to her flirting & had sex with her even though he didnt necessarily want her in his life anymore or as a gf, & his decision that day cost him hislife. As far as alyce's point that u have"fear" of someone who is stalking u, i dont think thats necessarily true. He probably thought she was a psycho, fatal attraction type, but hes a big man & didnt really think she would go as far as she did. Guys call women stalker all the time when a girl they are trying to dump just wont leave them alone. Unfortunately, she was a little more crazy & dangerous than he could have guessed. Most guys are not going to admit to being afraid of a woman anyway.
rmcalo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1453 on: April 11, 2013, 01:39:41 PM »

So tired of talking heads debating and picking apart Juan Martinez's "style." He's just doing his job. He should be tough, and he should be passionate. I wish there were more prosecutors like him. He believes in what he is doing and is determined not to let the guilty off the hook.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1454 on: April 11, 2013, 01:41:52 PM »

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130410arias-trial-witness-feels-social-medias-glare.html

Arias trial: Witness feels social media’s glare

Online attacks on defense expert decried as digital ‘lynch mob’

By Michael Kiefer The Republic | azcentral.com Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:30 AM
For three days this week, a domestic-violence expert witness named Alyce LaViolette held her own against prosecutor Juan Martinez in the Jodi Arias murder trial in Maricopa County Superior Court.

But in cyberspace LaViolette was annihilated.

The Arias case is an international phenomenon, reduced to a parable of good and evil relayed in 140-character Twitter posts. Travis Alexander, the secret lover she killed in 2008, has become a cause célèbre. Arias has become a pariah, and everyone associated with her is considered evil by thousands in the social-media audience.

<snipped>

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1455 on: April 11, 2013, 01:42:33 PM »

So tired of talking heads debating and picking apart Juan Martinez's "style." He's just doing his job. He should be tough, and he should be passionate. I wish there were more prosecutors like him. He believes in what he is doing and is determined not to let the guilty off the hook.

Agreed!

kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1456 on: April 11, 2013, 02:16:56 PM »

Agreed!

Me too!!!!! U notice though that its always defense attorneys though. They just said that noone witnessed the slashed tires but i thought the ex gf said she did?
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1457 on: April 11, 2013, 03:04:28 PM »

Lisa Andrews told police she thought Jodi Arias was responsible for a threatening email and other harassment
snip
Travis was at her house late one night and they had received a knock at the door. They went out and didn’t see anyone. Later, they discovered that Travis’ tires had been slashed.
snip

Andrews got an anonymous threatening email shortly after Alexander’s tires were slashed

THE EMAIL:
“You are a shameful whore. Your Heavenly Father must be deeply ashamed of the whoredoms you’ve committed with that insidious man. If you let him stay in your bed one more time or even sleep under the same roof as him, you will be giving the appearance of evil. You are driving away the Holy Ghost, and you are wasting your time. You are also compromising your salvation and breaking your baptismal covenants. Of all the commandments to break, committing acts of whoredom is one of the most displeasing in the eyes of God. Think about your future husband, and how you disrespect not only yourself, but him, as well as the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Is that what you want for yourself? Your future, your salvation, and your posterity is resting on your choices and actions. You are a daughter of God, and you have been a shameful example. Be thou clean, sin no more. Heavenly Father loves you and wants you to make the right choices. I know you are strong enough to choose the right. Your Father in Heaven is pulling for you. Don’t ignore the promptings you receive, because they are vital to your spiritual well-being.”
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/01/23/woman-arias-invoked-god-nasty-email-me

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1458 on: April 11, 2013, 03:07:13 PM »

The slashed tires....I've been wondering about them...I started paying attention to this case VERY late.

Did anyone other than TA ever see the slashed tires?

I read somewhere else that the slashes tires haven'c come up in court because no one could prove Jodi slashed tires.  Is that correct?

TIA

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1459 on: April 11, 2013, 03:11:52 PM »

It may be that Travis thought Jodi was the girl who was going on the Cancun trip with him. Remember last time Travis
saw Jodi she had blonde hair, then she shows up with dark hair and looks very, similar to the girl he liked and was going to Cancun
with. After he lets her in to his home, I think, like kcrn, he let his guard down with her sexual advances. We see her in
photos with her hair in pigtails which is something I think he said he liked. Betcha anything he told her he did not want
her to come to Cancun and she was enraged and got the gun out of her purse and shot him, when he was still alive
she went and got the knife from the kitchen and stabbed him. One of the things in her Ninja story was that Travis
was alive and calling for help  I think this guy, who was a former wrestler and could have taken her down had it not
been for her driving the knife into his heart and 26 more times....he tried to fight her off.  She wasn't trying to defend
herself, she was making sure he died.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.