March 28, 2024, 07:03:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial  (Read 1662723 times)
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1620 on: April 16, 2013, 12:55:46 PM »

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1621 on: April 16, 2013, 01:02:15 PM »

I think it was HLN re-enactment that said these photos were taken one after the other so that Travis was sitting in the shower,
BUT I don't think so. Look at Travis' arm is down in the first headshot - ou can see the shoulder doesn't look like it is upward

In the 2nd photo the arm looks to be upward because we do not see it.

Is it possible when he was seated after the head shot, then his arm is up to stop an attack?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1622 on: April 16, 2013, 01:14:22 PM »

'Were you crying when you were stabbing him?'
Fri March 01, 2013

<snipped>

Here are some notes on the photos of the last moments of Alexander's life compiled by In Session producer Emily Kean:

<snipped>

June 4th  timestamp: 5:29:20   Travis looking at the camera –see his face(exhibit 159)

June 4th timestamp:  5:30:30   Travis sitting down in the shower (exhibit 160)

Notes on Accidental photos:

June 4th timestamp: 5:31:14   bathroom ceiling (exhibit 161)

June 4th timestamp: 5:32:16   Travis on the floor bleeding (exhibit 162)

June 4th timestamp: 5:33:13    Baseboard with blood on it (exhibit 163)

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/02/28/jodi-arias-testifies-day-13-live-blog

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1623 on: April 16, 2013, 01:27:32 PM »

Defense rests.

State rebuttal begins with Janeen DeMarte, clinical psychologist on the stand.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1624 on: April 16, 2013, 01:35:50 PM »

Defense rests.

State rebuttal begins with Janeen DeMarte, clinical psychologist on the stand.

I am watching the testimony of this witness on live stream.   Janeen Demarte is truly a professional.  She is not abstract ... she makes sense.  IMO  I wish Juan Martinez' approach to the questioning of Samuels and LaViolette reflected his approach with Demarte.

O/T - The daughter of my hubby's niece is only 17 years old but her resemblance to this witness is uncanny.  I just got off the phone with my SIL and ... she agrees.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1625 on: April 16, 2013, 01:43:49 PM »

Did I hear that this witness was at 1 time the supervisor of Alyce Lavoyilet (sp?)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1626 on: April 16, 2013, 01:46:25 PM »

April 16, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/vinniepolitan
Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan 12m
#JodiArias defense rests after 38 days and 10 witnesses...Rebuttal begins with Prosection psych expert...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1627 on: April 16, 2013, 01:48:41 PM »

April 16, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/BethKaras

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 17m
DeMarte is rebutting testimony of Dr. Richard Samuels and Alyce LaViolette. #JodiArias

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 33m
The defense has rested its case in chief. The State's rebuttal case begins with psychologist Janeen DeMarte. #JodiArias

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 38m
The judge is on the bench. Attorneys are at sidebar. We should start soon. Jurors are not in court yet. #JodiArias

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1628 on: April 16, 2013, 01:49:27 PM »

Did I hear that this witness was at 1 time the supervisor of Alyce Lavoyilet (sp?)

That's what they said on HLN.  I only heard she new Alyce L. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1629 on: April 16, 2013, 01:49:35 PM »

Yes. (Posting some of the tweets from someone at the trial - took out some that didn't have info or were similar)

https://twitter.com/wildabouttrial

‏@WildAboutTrial 1m
Dr. Janeen conducted tests as well, another piece of data that provides another objective viewpoint. #JodiArias

@WildAboutTrial 3m
Dr. Janeen has never provided a book for someone she was evaluating and would be concerned how it would influence the responses #JodiArias

@WildAboutTrial 4m
Juan asks if she was provided Dr. Samuels notes for the case. She has. #JodiArias He brings up the book that Dr. S bought for Jodi.

@WildAboutTrial 5m
Dr. Janeen says she never would bring gifts to a person she was evaluating. It's creating a "multiple relationship". #JodiArias

@WildAboutTrial 9m
Dr. Janeen spent 12 hours on the clinical interview with #JodiArias which was a lot. She did additional testing on top of that.

@WildAboutTrial 12m
Dr. Janeen says the first thing she thinks when hearing of a 44 hour interview is that it then becomes therapeutic. #JodiArias

@WildAboutTrial 13m
Dr. Janeen says that a 44 hour evaluation is "extreme". A typical clinical interview range anywhere from 1 hour to 3 or 4. #JodiArias

@WildAboutTrial 15m
Dr. Janeen addresses the Law of Attraction and the movie "The Secret". She is aware of them but doesn't seem like a huge fan. #JodiArias

‏@WildAboutTrial 18m
Juan asks if there is anything out there that allows someone to understand exactly what a word means when it is written down. #JodiArias

@WildAboutTrial 26m
Dr. Janeen is familiar with Alyce, says Alyce has her masters degree in marriage and family counseling. She supervised Alyce. #JodiArias

@WildAboutTrial 32m
Janeen Demarte, a clinical psychologist is on the stand. Juan is going over her work experience at the moment. #JodiArias

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1630 on: April 16, 2013, 01:52:57 PM »

They ruled the picture proves that Jodi did NOT have a gun or knife in her hands at the time of that picture because of reflection in Travis's eye. So she was telling the truth both hands were on the camera 5:29:29
 The picture will be put in as evidence
Completely insignificant imo. Doesnt mean she didnt put the camera down & grab a weapin.

Just to add, this just proves to anyone that Jodi was there during the murder that she has already admitting to and that she took pictures of the hole thing. I think she  wanted to keep the camera and the pics for viewing privately later but somehow in her hasteto clean up the crime scene she accidentally put the camera in the washroom with the other items h was washing, thought that the camera was in a pocket. By the time she realized on her getaway tht she did  not have the cmer, it was too late to go back and get it. Perhaps the room mates had already returned home?
Another question I have, why did it take the room mates so long to find Travis? Was it usual that he was gone for hours, days and was his door locked so they  could not go in to
See if he was in there after not being able to reach him by phone?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1631 on: April 16, 2013, 01:54:24 PM »

Hi cookie

I may have misunderstood but I think this witness implied that an analyst who had earned a Doctorate in psychology would supervise an analyst with a Masters.  I believe Janeen Demarte has a Doctorate in Psychology while Alyce LaViolette has a Masters.  She has not earned either a PHD or a Doctorate.

Janet 

_____

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1632 on: April 16, 2013, 01:54:25 PM »

Geez..sorry for the above typos. Hope it makes sense...iPads do change words. Grrrr

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1633 on: April 16, 2013, 01:58:00 PM »

Hi cookie

I may have misunderstood but I think this witness implied that an analyst who had earned a Doctorate in psychology would supervise an analyst with a Masters.  I believe Janeen Demarte has a Doctorate in Psychology while Alyce LaViolette has a Masters.  She has not earned either a PHD or a Doctorate.

Janet 

U could be correct since I m rearranging cabinets nd watching at the same time. Was certain that it was said that she knew Alyce and  was once a  Supervisory to her.
I could be wackadoodling it lol...I will come out either way

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1634 on: April 16, 2013, 01:58:38 PM »

They ruled the picture proves that Jodi did NOT have a gun or knife in her hands at the time of that picture because of reflection in Travis's eye. So she was telling the truth both hands were on the camera 5:29:29
Completely insignificant imo. Doesnt mean she didnt put the camera down & grab a weapin.

Just to add, this just proves to anyone that Jodi was there during the murder that she has already admitting to and that she took pictures of the hole thing. I think she  wanted to keep the camera and the pics for viewing privately later but somehow in her hasteto clean up the crime scene she accidentally put the camera in the washroom with the other items h was washing, thought that the camera was in a pocket. By the time she realized on her getaway tht she did  not have the cmer, it was too late to go back and get it. Perhaps the room mates had already returned home?
Another question I have, why did it take the room mates so long to find Travis? Was it usual that he was gone for hours, days and was his door locked so they  could not go in to

From what I gather.. they weren't the type of roommates that hang out a lot. Mostly saw each other in passing and I think when he'd have people over to watch something (was it Fights?) I can't picture that but I think it may be a guy/girl difference. (I can't see living with someone and having little to do with them) I figure they were more tenants/roommates than friends.

I think the person that noticed was Mimi who had been trying to contact him because she was going on the trip with him. So she was worried when she couldn't connect with him.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1635 on: April 16, 2013, 01:59:46 PM »

I do not think that the roommates were concerned.  It is my understanding that Travis was to leave the next day for Cancuun.  Could it be that Travis' roommates may have assumed he was spending the night with another PPL employee?

Janet

_____

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1636 on: April 16, 2013, 02:07:26 PM »

Did you see the look that Miss DeMarte made when Martinez ask about someone spending 44 hours doing an evaluation on someone.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1637 on: April 16, 2013, 02:15:06 PM »

Did you see the look that Miss DeMarte made when Martinez ask about someone spending 44 hours doing an evaluation on someone.

Yes...she is a good witness

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1638 on: April 16, 2013, 02:15:38 PM »

From what I gather.. they weren't the type of roommates that hang out a lot. Mostly saw each other in passing and I think when he'd have people over to watch something (was it Fights?) I can't picture that but I think it may be a guy/girl difference. (I can't see living with someone and having little to do with them) I figure they were more tenants/roommates than friends.

I think the person that noticed was Mimi who had been trying to contact him because she was going on the trip with him. So she was worried when she couldn't connect with him.

Samantha

Mimi may have been concerned that Travis did not turn up for the trip but ... in all likelihood did not consider for one moment that he was in his shower stall slashed to death.

However ... Gug Searcy is another story.  He was on that same Cancuun trip.   It appears that he did not share with others from PPL who must have been missing Travis that Jodi had called him at 3:30 AM on June 5th and revealed that Travis was dead.

Martinez did not challenge Searcy regarding this issue when he was on the stand.  Why?

Janet

++++

When you considering the alleged ongoing confiding by Jodi Arias to "mentor" Gus Searcy encompassing her rocky relationship with Travis ... it would make sense that following the 3:00 AM June 5th call from Jodi ... Gus would have inquired of Jodi and ... would have inquired of those on the Prepaid Legal Cancun trip ... regarding the cause of Travis' death.  After all ... Travis was designated to be part of that Cancun trip.

This guy knows more than he is revealing in regards to the death of Travis.  IMO

Janet

+++++

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Aired February 14, 2013 - 19:00   ET

<snipped>

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Let`s run through the calendar. Jodi kills Travis on June 4 at about 5:30 in the evening. Gus, you say Jodi called you, hysterical, at about 3:30 in the morning on June 5, about ten hours after she killed him. His body is discovered a few days later, on June 4, but Jodi is not arrested until July 15, OK?

Now, you waited until July 15, more than a month, to contact police or try to call prosecutors? Why not dial 911 immediately after you hang up with Jodi?

SEARCY: Well, when I called her, I didn`t realize what had happened. All I knew is she said he was dead. And I said, "Do you know what happened?"

She said, "No."

And I said, "Are you OK?"

And she said yes.

I said, "Do you need a ride or anything?"

And she said, "No, I`m going to rent a car."

I said, "Well, let me know what happens." And...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Whoa, whoa. Did she call you or did you call her?

SEARCY: She called me. It was 3:30 in the morning.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK.

SEARCY: And the phone records will verify that.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. So now the body is not found until several days later. You`re a colleague of this victim, Travis Alexander. Obviously, everybody is going to know he`s missing. And then when they find his body, stabbed repeatedly, they`ve got to know somebody killed him. Why not call, like when they find the body and they`re looking -- actively looking for a killer?

SEARCY: Well, first off, you have to understand what was happening. If you recall, Travis was leaving the next day to go on a trip to Cancun. So was I. I actually left on that trip to go to Cancun. I was in Cancun for about a week.

I came back, and I wasn`t really following all of this. It wasn`t until I heard she was arrested is when I then called the D.A. Because before that, I didn`t know that -- I didn`t know anything. I knew she knew she had died. I didn`t know why. I hadn`t followed the case. And then when I heard she was arrested is when I called the D.A. and left a message. I didn`t say why I called. I said, "I have some information." And he never called -- they never called me back.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1302/14/ijvm.01.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1639 on: April 16, 2013, 02:17:22 PM »

At $250.00 an hour ... why not?

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.