March 28, 2024, 11:41:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial  (Read 1662850 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #3640 on: May 24, 2013, 07:20:44 AM »

Besides feeling so badly for Travis' family, I also feel bad for Juan Martinez.

...and the judge.

If Jodi stayed in her cage, I beginning to think, the verdict would have been different.
Who allowed, Jodi's, stupid interviews? and for what purpose?

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #3641 on: May 24, 2013, 08:38:57 AM »

The jury breakdown was 8 for death, 4 for life.

That was an impossible breakdown to hope for a verdict.   

Thank you for the information, CBB. 

You're welcome grace-land! I'm sure that split made things really hard. Each side had support enough to stay put. I really do believe that if a new jury is selected that Juan can bring it home for Travis's family. I do believe that.
She looks like a Librarian, and she sounds one with her soft voice, she hides the monster, that she is. IMO

I can understand, how the four jurors, voted, against common sense.  I am just saying, I can understand, I do not agree, with their vote.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3642 on: May 24, 2013, 08:56:25 AM »

Hi Monks! 
People are fooled by monsters every day.....
Jodi will not escape justice. She has already been convicted of first degree murder.
It is for the Alexander's and JM that I feel sorry for.
JM will bring it home with a new jury. Jodi tainted this one at the very end.
Her borderline splitting and media manipulation worked like a charm on this jury...just as she hooked Dr Drew's sympathy this past week. That is what borderlines do.. they split families, co workers... against each other, causing confusion, disruption and chaos....
she is toast

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3643 on: May 24, 2013, 09:00:49 AM »

The jury breakdown was 8 for death, 4 for life.

That was an impossible breakdown to hope for a verdict.   

Thank you for the information, CBB. 

You're welcome grace-land! I'm sure that split made things really hard. Each side had support enough to stay put. I really do believe that if a new jury is selected that Juan can bring it home for Travis's family. I do believe that.
She looks like a Librarian, and she sounds one with her soft voice, she hides the monster, that she is. IMO

I can understand, how the four jurors, voted, against common sense.  I am just saying, I can understand, I do not agree, with their vote.

The jury knew this could be a death penalty case.  I wonder if it's just not harder for some to sentence not only a female, but a young female to death. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3644 on: May 24, 2013, 09:04:26 AM »

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/YJTBLd-72fg

Jodie arias rose colored glasses

Awesome! No one deserves hell on earth like Jodi does.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3645 on: May 24, 2013, 09:04:31 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1305/23/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
No Unanimous Agreement on Life or Death for Jodi Arias
Aired May 23, 2013 - 19:00   ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1305/23/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE
Arias Penalty Mistrial
Aired May 23, 2013 - 20:00   ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1305/23/ddhln.01.html
DR. DREW
Verdict: No Unanimous Agreement
Aired May 23, 2013 - 21:00   ET

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3646 on: May 24, 2013, 09:29:30 AM »

Hi Monks! 
Jodi will not escape justice. She has already been convicted of first degree murder.
Her borderline splitting and media manipulation worked like a charm on this jury...just as she hooked Dr Drew's sympathy this past week. That is what borderlines do.. they split families, co workers... against each other, causing confusion, disruption and chaos....
she is toast

I wish more people knew of BPD and the manipulation that goes along with it...especially this jury and CA jury. I think their should be a law against knowingly manipulating the jury...for example using unneeded glasses to make a defendant appear wholesome.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3647 on: May 24, 2013, 09:30:15 AM »

Hi Monks! 
she is toast

I wish more people knew of BPD and the manipulation that goes along with it...especially this jury and CA jury. I think there should be a law against knowingly manipulating the jury...for example using unneeded glasses to make a defendant appear wholesome.

Self edit

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3648 on: May 24, 2013, 09:43:21 AM »

Hi Monks! 
she is toast

I wish more people knew of BPD and the manipulation that goes along with it...especially this jury and CA jury. I think there should be a law against knowingly manipulating the jury...for example using unneeded glasses to make a defendant appear wholesome.

Self edit

flamom and labubske, I totally agree.
Heartfelt prayers for all those who love Travis and those who tried to bring justice.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3649 on: May 24, 2013, 09:50:19 AM »

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/article/Jury-foreman-says-Arias-testimony-didn-t-help-her-4545378.php
Jury foreman says Arias testimony didn't help her
By BRIAN SKOLOFF, Associated Press
Updated 6:38 am, Friday, May 24, 2013

Jurors declined to comment and left the courthouse. But on Friday jury foreman William Zervakos told ABC's "Good Morning America" that Arias' testimony didn't do her any good.

"I think 18 days hurt her. I think she was not a good witness," he said.

"We're charged with going in and presuming innocence, right? But she was on the stand for so long, there were so many contradicting stories."

Zervakos said with the prosecutor's aggressive style, that length of time testifying "would be difficult for anybody. I don't think I'd want to sit on the stand for 18 days."

Zervakos said he believed Alexander mentally and verbally abused Arias.

"Is that an excuse? Of course not. Does it factor in the decision that we make? It has to," he said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3650 on: May 24, 2013, 09:54:42 AM »

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/article/Jury-foreman-says-Arias-testimony-didn-t-help-her-4545378.php
May 23, 2013

Jodi Arias stands as the jury is excused after the verdict for sentencing was declared a hung jury for her first degree murder conviction at Maricopa County Superior Court in Phoenix, Ariz., on Thursday, May 23, 2013. Photo: The Arizona Republic, David Wallace, Pool

Jodi Arias stands as the jury is excused after the verdict for sentencing was declared a hung jury for her first degree murder conviction at Maricopa County Superior Court in Phoenix, Ariz., on Thursday, May 23, 2013. Photo: The Arizona Republic, David Wallace, Pool

Jodi Arias listens as the verdict for sentencing is read for her first degree murder conviction at Maricopa County Superior Court in Phoenix, Ariz., on Thursday, May 23, 2013. The jury in Jodi Arias’ murder trial was dismissed after failing to reach a verdict against the woman they convicted of murdering her one-time boyfriend in a case that captured headlines worldwide with its sex, lies, violence. Photo: The Arizona Republic, David Wallace, Pool

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3651 on: May 24, 2013, 10:01:03 AM »

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/article/Jury-foreman-says-Arias-testimony-didn-t-help-her-4545378.php#photo-4676866
May 23, 2013

A friend of the Alexander family reacts as the sentencing for the first degree murder conviction of Jodi Arias is declared a hung jury at Maricopa County Superior Court in Phoenix, Ariz., on Thursday, May 23, 2013. The jury in Jodi Arias’ murder trial was dismissed Thursday after failing to reach a verdict against the woman they convicted of murdering her one-time boyfriend in a case that captured headlines worldwide with its sex, lies, violence. Photo: The Arizona Republic, David Wallace, Pool

Jodi Arias listens as the verdict for sentencing is read for her first degree murder conviction at Maricopa County Superior Court in Phoenix, Ariz., on Thursday, May 23, 2013. The jury in Jodi Arias' trial was dismissed Thursday after failing to reach a unanimous decision on whether the woman they convicted of murdering her one-time boyfriend should be sentenced to life or death in a case that has captured headlines worldwide with its sex, lies, violence. Photo: The Arizona Republic, David Wallace, Pool

Convicted killer Jodi Arias thinks about a question asked during an interview at the Maricopa County Estrella Jail on Tuesday, May 21, 2013, in Phoenix. Arias was convicted recently of killing her former boyfriend Travis Alexander in his suburban Phoenix home back in 2008, and could face the possibility of the death penalty as the sentencing phase of her trial continues. Photo: Ross D. Franklin

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3652 on: May 24, 2013, 10:04:30 AM »

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/article/Jury-foreman-says-Arias-testimony-didn-t-help-her-4545378.php#photo-4668056
May 23, 2013

Judge Sherry Stephens urges the jury to continue deliberating after the jury delivered a message that they are deadlocked on a penalty for Jodi Arias on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 during the penalty phase of her murder trial at Maricopa County Superior Court in Phoenix. Arias was convicted of first-degree murder in the stabbing and shooting to death of Travis Alexander. Photo: The Arizona Republic, Rob Schumacher, Pool

Convicted killer Jodi Arias speaks during an interview at the Maricopa County Estrella Jail on Tuesday, May 21, 2013, in Phoenix. Arias was convicted recently of killing her former boyfriend Travis Alexander in his suburban Phoenix home back in 2008, made a plea for life in prison, instead of execution, saying she can contribute to society if allowed to live. Photo: Ross D. Franklin

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3653 on: May 24, 2013, 10:11:08 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-jury-foreman-18-days-testimony-hurt/story?id=19248546
Jodi Arias Jury Foreman: '18 Days of Testimony Hurt Her'
May 24, 2013

ABC News
Jury foreman William Zervakos discusses, with Good Morning America, the mistrial verdict in the Jodi Arias murder trial, May 24, 2013.

Zervakos, for one, believed Arias' story that she was abused in the relationship, but not that she killed Alexander in self-defense.

"I'm very sure in my own mind that she was mentally and verbally abused," he said. "Now is that an excuse? Of course not. Does it factor into the decisions that we make? It has to."

Arias' appearance - from her blonde bombshell look while she was dating Alexander, to the more subdued look she presented in the courtroom with glasses, bangs and dark hair - that captivated the media and the public throughout the trial, seemed to captivate the jurors inside the courtroom as well.

"When I looked in the courtroom for the first time and looked who the defendant was, it's hard to put that in perspective when you look at a young woman and think of the crime and then think of the brutality of the crime," Zervakos said. "It just doesn't wash so it's very difficult to divest yourself from the personal, from the emotional part of it."

Zervakos says he and other jurors struggled greatly with seeing Alexander's family every day in the courtroom.

"Until you're face-to-face with people that have gone through something like that, it's something you really can't put into words," he said on "GMA." "I'm six feet away from somebody talking about a horrendous loss. If you can't feel that, then you have no emotion, no soul."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3654 on: May 24, 2013, 10:12:26 AM »

Jodi Arias is a victim of herself.  JMHO

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3655 on: May 24, 2013, 10:53:11 AM »

so they believe Travis was verbally and emotionally abusive....
unless Jodi was chained in Travis' attic and used as a sex toy against her will,
she could have left instead of bending over again..... just sayin mr juryforeman

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3656 on: May 24, 2013, 12:40:43 PM »

In a video clip I saw on HLN of one of the interviews following the mitigation phase ... Jodi Arias explained the motive behind the 8 point mitigation strategy.  It was the defense's hope that at least one juror could personally relate to at least one of the factors and ... mercy for Jodi would apply rather than justice for Travis.

Considering Jodi was convicted of a premeditated murder beyond cruel by ALL jurors ... I can only assume that the strategy of the defense in the mitigating phase of the trial worked perfectly.  It appears that the jury foreman was one of the four who was a believer in mitigating circumstances.

1. Defendant was 27 years old at the time of the offense.
2. Defendant has no prior criminal history.
3. Defendant was a good friend.
4. Defendant lacked support from her family.
5. Defendant suffered abuse and neglect as a child and as an adult.
6. Defendant tried to make the best of her life.
7. Defendant consistently tried to improve herself.
8. Defendant is a talented artist.

Janet

William Zervakos, Jodi Arias jury foreman, discusses 'gut-wrenching' trial
Posted: 9:31 AM
(May 24, 2013)

<snipped>

Though the jury did not believe Arias' story that she killed Travis Alexander in self-defense, Zervakos said he believed Alexander abused her. "I'm very sure, in my own mind, that she was mentally and verbally abused," he said. "Now, is that an excuse? Of course not. Does it factor into decisions we make? It has to."

<snipped>

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/world/william-zervakos-jodi-arias-jury-foreman-discusses-gut-wrenching-trial

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3657 on: May 24, 2013, 01:17:44 PM »

The words of the jury foreman on GMA this morning ... words empathizing with Jodi Arias ... reveal that it was a given from the getgo that the scales of justice were not going to balance.  Mercy for Jodi would prevail.

Janet

William Zervakos, Jodi Arias jury foreman, discusses 'gut-wrenching' trial
Posted: 9:31 AM
(May 24, 2013)

<snipped>

Zervakos said the 32-year-old defendant simply did not fit his image of a murderer. "When you look at a young woman and you think of the crime, and then you see the brutality of the crime, it just doesn't wash," he said. "It's very difficult to divest yourself from the personal, from the emotional part of it."

Though the jury did not believe Arias' story that she killed Travis Alexander in self-defense, Zervakos said he believed Alexander abused her. "I'm very sure, in my own mind, that she was mentally and verbally abused," he said. "Now, is that an excuse? Of course not. Does it factor into decisions we make? It has to."

Zervakos said Arias' 18 days on the stand hurt her case. "She was not a good witness," he said. "There were so many contradicting stories."

But he expressed sympathy for her ability to endure her time on the stand. "I think the way the prosecutor was with her -- he's known for an aggressive style -- I think it was very hard, I think it would be difficult for anybody."

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/world/william-zervakos-jodi-arias-jury-foreman-discusses-gut-wrenching-trial

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3658 on: May 24, 2013, 01:24:31 PM »

Interesting how manipulation wins over truth.
The jury foreman couldn't get past the idea how Jodi looked verses the silt throat, the gunshot and the 29 stabs to her victim.

Something is really wrong with our justice system.
stupid ignoramuses
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3659 on: May 24, 2013, 01:35:32 PM »

Steven Alexander

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.