March 28, 2024, 12:50:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial  (Read 1662874 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #3720 on: May 25, 2013, 04:30:05 PM »

One more thing.......

In one of her "I'm ready for my close-up" interviews, she said she didn't look at Travis's family during court because there was such a family resemblance to Travis and she didn't even want to look at her abuser.

WTH???

We know the last time she was with Travis, they had sex, right? I would assume she had no problem looking at him then. Now she doesn't even want to look at someone who resembles "her abuser"? What, she suddenly takes offense at something? She's ticked off that his body didn't disappear and the clean up fairies didn't come get rid of the evidence that fingers her for his murder?

« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 04:32:11 PM by CBB » Logged
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3721 on: May 25, 2013, 04:47:49 PM »

She glared at them all the time! Even smiling. Tanisha was on nancy grace with Steven once talking about it.

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3722 on: May 25, 2013, 04:49:48 PM »

I will not follow this trial as closely if! Wilmott and nurmi remain. It's unbearable to listen to either ones voice! They are slow and long crosses just get so annoying and draining.

Loca
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3723 on: May 25, 2013, 05:10:30 PM »

CBB

Your thought on this please I trust your opinion we have been posting together for 7 years now
Why didn't she have gloves on if this was premeditated
Why didn't she clean up  or pour bleach all over everything
Why didn't she take out the memory card or better yet take the camera with her
Why didn't she kill him as soon as she got there so she would have time for a good clean up
Something is off

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3724 on: May 25, 2013, 06:57:52 PM »

Jodi did clean up.  She turned the shower on and it washed evidence off of Travis.
She put the sheets in the washer, and inadvertently also put the camera in there with them.
The gun has never been recovered nor the knife.  They were disposed of, possibly out in the desert.
Travis's family and friends testified he never owned a gun.  No holster, cleaning kit, ammo were found in the house.  Did she bring the gun?  Was it the same one that was allegedly stolen from her grandparents?  Same caliber, btw. 

http://**/nation-world/ci_23155979/jodi-arias-trials-end-sight-prosecutor-presents-closing
<snip>
Arias has acknowledged trying to clean the scene of the killing, dumping the gun in the desert and working on an alibi, even attending a memorial service for Alexander before her arrest in July 2008.
<snip>
------

This is just stuff from off the top of my head. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3725 on: May 25, 2013, 07:07:02 PM »

CBB

Your thought on this please I trust your opinion we have been posting together for 7 years now
Why didn't she kill him as soon as she got there so she would have time for a good clean up
Something is off

Blonde, I'm not CBB, but I would please like to answer.  CBB said she's only been following the case for a little while, when she became bedridden. 
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13910.msg1562275#msg1562275

Some of the things you are asking were covered in the trial and in this thread, with 172 or so pages, with 20 posts per page.  If you would do a bit of research, you could find those things out.  I read along and I've posted some of the articles and I've seen some of the answers.  However, I don't have time to go back find each item and link back.  If you really want to know, you will look for the answers.  They are there.  You don't have to trust me nor CBB.  The best person is yourself.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #3726 on: May 25, 2013, 07:11:35 PM »

CBB

Something is off

Sure, Blonde, we can discuss any points. In the end we both are just two posters that care about these cases and the people involved in them. My opinion about the things you've brought up is that Jodi and Travis had argued....... there's actually evidence of that in the text messages. I think that what was actually behind the argument was Jodi getting panicked over Travis going to Cancun without her and his pulling away from her. Whether she was direct about that, or whether she began to push him for a commitment or whether she was just angry and desperate and saying things to push his buttons, I don't know. It didn't come into trial, but there's pretty firm suspicion she had slashed his tires, so for whatever it's worth, that could be a clue to how she was capable of reacting. I think Jodi was Hell bent that Travis was not going to take that trip without her. She was not going to loose him to anyone else. I also think that her conversations with Travis left her doubting she could convince him to stay. The text messages were harsh. IMO, she stole her Grandfather's gun, got the gas cans, rented a car 90 miles from her home town, dyed her hair, took off her license plates, all to keep from being identified in Arizona, because she had a deadly ultimatum as her intentions. She gave him one chance, and I think she gave it her best. I daresay she gave Travis the best sex he had ever had. Now........ was Travis right in having sex with her knowing there was no commitment? No. It happens, and I'm sure you know, as I do, that it's not all that difficult to persuade a guy, regardless of the relationship status, to go there. IMO, Jodi wanted him to have an emotional reaction so strong, he would give up the trip and move back to Jodi. When it didn't happen, she didn't have to "snap", she had already thought it through and was prepared. I do think the knife was from the rage she felt at the rejection, and I do believe the knife was from his apartment. I agree, she had all kinds of opportunity to just put a bullet in his head without any resistance from him. I believe that the evidence shows she wanted him to know who was killing him and she wanted it to be personal and up close. I don't think we'll ever know what she was saying to him between clinched teeth as she drove that knife into his heart. We know because the evidence shows that the murder was absolutely brutal.

That last slash to his throat, I think was to shut him up. She didn't want anyone to hear his cries for help. I believe Jodi was just getting it all out as she was killing him, and yes, I do think she was enraged. But, keep in mind, she had gone to a lot of lengths to be able to murder without detection, so the premeditation is clearly established. It's noteworthy to remember that Jodi herself, connects the gas can to the premeditation. Otherwise, she wouldn't feel the need to lie about it, and she's the best judge for why she did anything.

In her planning, I don't think she had planned to use a knife. As I said, the knife was out of anger, the killing was out of pre-planning. When he was dead, I think Jodi looked around and suddenly, she saw what had not been anticipated. There was blood everywhere. She made a stab at cleaning up. She put the knife in the dishwasher, deleted the pictures and put the camera in the washer, threw water on the bathroom floor but soon knew there was no way to clean up. After all, the body was there and she couldn't move it out anyway. I'm sure she was panicked, but the efforts she did make were to remove her fingerprints off of things that could obviously be tied to her. She had held the knife, and her pictures were on the camera. I believe she left Travis's home anxious to get away and in a hurry, with the dishwasher and washing machine running. She could have taken the camera, but what if she had been stopped with it? What if someone had heard Travis and saw her leave? She obviously didn't trust just the deletion process; that's why she put it in the washer. Had she been caught with the camera, she would have to trust that process alone to protect herself. If she were to drive a bit and throw it out, she would still have to trust the deletion process only.

Those are my thoughts, Blonde. I think that Jodi is very different than you are, and I think the situation she was dealing with is also different. A don't think Jodi was a victim, Blonde. Sadly, I think you were and I'm so glad you are OK now and strong enough to stay that way.   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #3727 on: May 25, 2013, 07:18:15 PM »

Jodi did clean up.  She turned the shower on and it washed evidence off of Travis.
She put the sheets in the washer, and inadvertently also put the camera in there with them.
The gun has never been recovered nor the knife.  They were disposed of, possibly out in the desert.
Travis's family and friends testified he never owned a gun.  No holster, cleaning kit, ammo were found in the house.  Did she bring the gun?  Was it the same one that was allegedly stolen from her grandparents?  Same caliber, btw. 

http://**/nation-world/ci_23155979/jodi-arias-trials-end-sight-prosecutor-presents-closing
<snip>
Arias has acknowledged trying to clean the scene of the killing, dumping the gun in the desert and working on an alibi, even attending a memorial service for Alexander before her arrest in July 2008.
<snip>
------

This is just stuff from off the top of my head. 

You've got a mighty fine head, Muffy, if that's just what's on top of it!    Thanks, Miss Bee!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3728 on: May 25, 2013, 07:20:37 PM »

Whew!  I just looked and we're on page 187 in this thread.  Since it wasn't set up as "High Profile", there aren't support threads, which would make research easier.  Lots to scroll through.       I have special names for the search feature  Monkey Devil!  I realize some of us have different opinions in this case and other cases in the forum and that's okay.  If we all agreed, it wouldn't be much of a discussion.     I don't want to try to change anyone's mind about this case or others.  That really doesn't work.  To each his/her own.  However, during this case, there were photos, reports, articles, transcripts and such, and if a person would spend the time, they could go back and read through the thread.  JMHO   

crazybabyborg
« Reply #3729 on: May 25, 2013, 07:25:19 PM »

Whew!  I just looked and we're on page 187 in this thread.  Since it wasn't set up as "High Profile", there aren't support threads, which would make research easier.  Lots to scroll through.       I have special names for the search feature  Monkey Devil!  I realize some of us have different opinions in this case and other cases in the forum and that's okay.  If we all agreed, it wouldn't be much of a discussion.     I don't want to try to change anyone's mind about this case or others.  That really doesn't work.  To each his/her own.  However, during this case, there were photos, reports, articles, transcripts and such, and if a person would spend the time, they could go back and read through the thread.  JMHO   

And if there's a new jury, we'll have lots more pages too, Muffy. I'll ask Klaas what she thinks about a move. My big fear is that she'll say, "Sure...... go ahead"!  That would send me to the practice threads.... it's been a while since I've done it!   
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3730 on: May 25, 2013, 07:35:45 PM »

CBB

Something is off

Blonde

I also asked myself why Jodi did not shoot Travis while he slept and immediately continue her road trip to visit Ryan Burns.   The lost time on that road trip was a huge red flag in the investigation.

Could it be that at some point prior to or immediately follow her arrival at Travis' residence ... Jodi had second thoughts and made the  decision to give Travis one last chance to redeem himself ... one last chance to profess his love and ... one last chance to extend to her an invitation to Cancun.   It didn't happened and ... in a rage Jodi put her premeditated plan to murder Travis into motion?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3731 on: May 25, 2013, 07:36:07 PM »

And if there's a new jury, we'll have lots more pages too, Muffy. I'll ask Klaas what she thinks about a move. My big fear is that she'll say, "Sure...... go ahead"!  That would send me to the practice threads.... it's been a while since I've done it!   

Well, Klaas is the one that would set the thread to "High Profile" area, so no worries there.   The new support threads could be set up then, which I can help do even in retirement.  Other monkeys can also make new threads and post stuff in them too, like photos and such.   However, if things need to be merged, moved or edited, well, that would be the mods job.  I have faith in your abilities CBB.  You showed me a lot of the mod tools and tricks yourself.  And you and Nut helped me track down lost threads I was trying to merge more than once.    

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3732 on: May 25, 2013, 07:45:15 PM »

Blonde,

Here's a link back to a post where you were wondering why Jodi dragged Travis back into the shower.  Samantha answered it and included an informative link.  This would be part of the clean up and cover up, imo.  There's more.  I just came across this scrolling around.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13910.msg1554879#msg1554879

Incident/Investigative Supplement Report
http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/floresinvestigationreport.pdf

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3733 on: May 25, 2013, 07:57:56 PM »

Well duh.  Klaas moved this thread to High Profile a while back.  We can go ahead and make new support threads.  I'm just not used to the "High Profile" cases in this separate area.  I made a support thread "photos" to test it out.  It works. 

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3734 on: May 25, 2013, 07:59:29 PM »

I would say this when it came to whether Jodi Arias got life or death for what she did to Travis Alexander.

If Jodi was John Arias and Travis was Terri Alexander ... there would have been no question in the juries mind to sentence to death unanimously. Well this is if your name is not OJ Simpson and there was jury nullification to right the wrongs of past racial jury trials, but I digress.

I think if we look at this objectively, respecting all opinions of Monkeys as I know the individuals have differing opinions on the death penalty and when it should be used, but it is my opinion that she should have been sentenced to death. I think that if you are going to be on a capital murder case as a juror, you best answer the question honestly as to whether you can properly administer a death sentence if the defendant is convicted of 1st degree murder.

It was fair ... anyone on the jury had the opportunity to say that they could not. You do no one any favors, especially the family and the victim if you say you can, knowing you can't.

There are some crimes that call out for it, IMO this was one of them. She is a cold and unremorseful individual. Which just speaks volumes what she was like at the time of the murder.

JMHO
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3735 on: May 25, 2013, 08:13:33 PM »

There are support threads set up now.  Ya'll feel free to post in them.  It's work, but then we'll have them to go back for reference.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #3736 on: May 25, 2013, 09:02:29 PM »

Well, Klaas is the one that would set the thread to "High Profile" area, so no worries there.   The new support threads could be set up then, which I can help do even in retirement.  Other monkeys can also make new threads and post stuff in them too, like photos and such.   However, if things need to be merged, moved or edited, well, that would be the mods job.  I have faith in your abilities CBB.  You showed me a lot of the mod tools and tricks yourself.  And you and Nut helped me track down lost threads I was trying to merge more than once.    

Yeah, but Miss Bee......... after you learned them, you were so good at it and on top of everything, we just watched you take care of it! Now I have to practice again!! 
Thanks for setting up the threads........... I'm going to go take a peek!!

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3737 on: May 25, 2013, 09:05:11 PM »

My opinion about the things you've brought up is that Jodi and Travis had argued....... there's actually evidence of that in the text messages. I think that what was actually behind the argument was Jodi getting panicked over Travis going to Cancun without her and his pulling away from her. Whether she was direct about that, or whether she began to push him for a commitment or whether she was just angry and desperate and saying things to push his buttons, I don't know. It didn't come into trial, but there's pretty firm suspicion she had slashed his tires, so for whatever it's worth, that could be a clue to how she was capable of reacting. I think Jodi was Hell bent that Travis was not going to take that trip without her. She was not going to loose him to anyone else. I also think that her conversations with Travis left her doubting she could convince him to stay. The text messages were harsh. IMO, she stole her Grandfather's gun, got the gas cans, rented a car 90 miles from her home town, dyed her hair, took off her license plates, all to keep from being identified in Arizona, because she had a deadly ultimatum as her intentions. She gave him one chance, and I think she gave it her best. I daresay she gave Travis the best sex he had ever had. Now........ was Travis right in having sex with her knowing there was no commitment? No. It happens, and I'm sure you know, as I do, that it's not all that difficult to persuade a guy, regardless of the relationship status, to go there. IMO, Jodi wanted him to have an emotional reaction so strong, he would give up the trip and move back to Jodi. When it didn't happen, she didn't have to "snap", she had already thought it through and was prepared. I do think the knife was from the rage she felt at the rejection, and I do believe the knife was from his apartment. I agree, she had all kinds of opportunity to just put a bullet in his head without any resistance from him. I believe that the evidence shows she wanted him to know who was killing him and she wanted it to be personal and up close. I don't think we'll ever know what she was saying to him between clinched teeth as she drove that knife into his heart. We know because the evidence shows that the murder was absolutely brutal.

That last slash to his throat, I think was to shut him up. She didn't want anyone to hear his cries for help. I believe Jodi was just getting it all out as she was killing him, and yes, I do think she was enraged. But, keep in mind, she had gone to a lot of lengths to be able to murder without detection, so the premeditation is clearly established. It's noteworthy to remember that Jodi herself, connects the gas can to the premeditation. Otherwise, she wouldn't feel the need to lie about it, and she's the best judge for why she did anything.

In her planning, I don't think she had planned to use a knife. As I said, the knife was out of anger, the killing was out of pre-planning. When he was dead, I think Jodi looked around and suddenly, she saw what had not been anticipated. There was blood everywhere. She made a stab at cleaning up. She put the knife in the dishwasher, deleted the pictures and put the camera in the washer, threw water on the bathroom floor but soon knew there was no way to clean up. After all, the body was there and she couldn't move it out anyway. I'm sure she was panicked, but the efforts she did make were to remove her fingerprints off of things that could obviously be tied to her. She had held the knife, and her pictures were on the camera. I believe she left Travis's home anxious to get away and in a hurry, with the dishwasher and washing machine running. She could have taken the camera, but what if she had been stopped with it? What if someone had heard Travis and saw her leave? She obviously didn't trust just the deletion process; that's why she put it in the washer. Had she been caught with the camera, she would have to trust that process alone to protect herself. If she were to drive a bit and throw it out, she would still have to trust the deletion process only.

Those are my thoughts, Blonde. I think that Jodi is very different than you are, and I think the situation she was dealing with is also different. A don't think Jodi was a victim, Blonde. Sadly, I think you were and I'm so glad you are OK now and strong enough to stay that way.   
[/quote]

This is the best, most concise theory I've seen.  Thanks so much for posting it CBB.  It answers so many questions & makes the most sense to me.

Blondie, I'm so sorry for what you have had to go through.   

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3738 on: May 25, 2013, 09:06:14 PM »

Oops!  I'm sorry I messed up trying to quote CBB!!!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #3739 on: May 25, 2013, 09:06:51 PM »

I would say this when it came to whether Jodi Arias got life or death for what she did to Travis Alexander.

If Jodi was John Arias and Travis was Terri Alexander ... there would have been no question in the juries mind to sentence to death unanimously. Well this is if your name is not OJ Simpson and there was jury nullification to right the wrongs of past racial jury trials, but I digress.

I think if we look at this objectively, respecting all opinions of Monkeys as I know the individuals have differing opinions on the death penalty and when it should be used, but it is my opinion that she should have been sentenced to death. I think that if you are going to be on a capital murder case as a juror, you best answer the question honestly as to whether you can properly administer a death sentence if the defendant is convicted of 1st degree murder.

It was fair ... anyone on the jury had the opportunity to say that they could not. You do no one any favors, especially the family and the victim if you say you can, knowing you can't.

There are some crimes that call out for it, IMO this was one of them. She is a cold and unremorseful individual. Which just speaks volumes what she was like at the time of the murder.

JMHO

Agreed, Red! I'm sure the foreman, at least, was very swayed by her gender. Well said.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.