March 28, 2024, 03:42:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial  (Read 1662948 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3840 on: June 06, 2013, 10:32:11 AM »

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130605arias-trial-transcripts-juror-questions-unsealed.html

Arias trial: Transcripts of juror questions unsealed
Snipped:

Other unsealed materials are yet to come out. But a review of on-the-record transcripts give a glimpse into what the lawyers and the judge talked about during trial sidebars.

On Feb. 5, for example, it was Kirk Nurmi worrying that TV cameras showed Jodi Arias’ leg braces; in-custody defendants wear devices to prevent escapes. It was Stephens complaining about Arias’ long drawn-out answers to questions. The next day it was the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office complaining that Arias should not be allowed to go into the judge’s chambers because of escape risk.

There is some funny info in this article.....re> Juan and Willmot   

If I can find the questions I will post them here.....but 400?  not read??

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3841 on: June 06, 2013, 10:33:19 AM »

Hi grace-land! 

That article you posted makes me wonder if the defense can take up a different argument during a new sentencing phase mini trial. They went with self-defense, and the jury rejected that argument. A mental illness defense wasn't on the table, but was a choice for them from the beginning. I would think/hope that Juan could pretty easily show that the diagnosis of "bi-polar" does not remove accountability. Just recently, Catherine Zeta Jones sought treatment for bi-polar disorder and she's a fully functioning wife, mother, actress, etc. There's a lot of people with bi-polar disorder and they don't slaughter people.

It would be very easy to show how calculating and manipulative Jodi has been and continues to be. I just cringe at the thought that we might have to sit through more psychology testimony. I'm not clear on the restrictions to argument in the upcoming sentencing phase. Hopefully, it would be restricted to the scope of the conviction phase that has already been decided, without expansion.

I think that her lawyers have hinted on their strategy for the mini trial, especially the sentencing phase and the mitigating factors--"mentally ill woman who has no prior criminal history"--and her age.  They just have to convince one juror.  We'll see.

“If the diagnosis made by the State’s psychologist is correct, the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office is seeking to impose the death penalty upon a mentally ill woman who has no prior criminal history,” they wrote.

grace-Land, I think you are correct......Juan will have fun with this if it happens!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3842 on: June 06, 2013, 01:04:16 PM »

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130605arias-trial-transcripts-juror-questions-unsealed.html

Snipped:

Other unsealed materials are yet to come out. But a review of on-the-record transcripts give a glimpse into what the lawyers and the judge talked about during trial sidebars.

On Feb. 5, for example, it was Kirk Nurmi worrying that TV cameras showed Jodi Arias’ leg braces; in-custody defendants wear devices to prevent escapes. It was Stephens complaining about Arias’ long drawn-out answers to questions. The next day it was the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office complaining that Arias should not be allowed to go into the judge’s chambers because of escape risk.

Sunny
Hello
I hope you can post re juan and wilmot
Tia

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3843 on: June 06, 2013, 01:15:02 PM »

Snipped:

Sunny
I read it and thought it was hilarious !

Loca
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3844 on: June 06, 2013, 01:29:41 PM »

Snipped:

Sunny

That was great.. she was thinking what we all were..
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3845 on: June 06, 2013, 01:32:38 PM »

Snipped:

Sunny
Hello
I hope you can post re juan and wilmot
Tia

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/2013/06/06/2396059/

Obviously we are not going to get all the data at once....the first question on this link re: all of ja's previous boyfriends moved away....great point IMO but why wouldn't JSS allow the question?  IMO just another point where I think JSS was incorrect in her ruling.

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3846 on: June 06, 2013, 01:41:21 PM »

Snipped:

Sunny

The reporter who wrote that article, Michael Keifer, seems to have something against JM. He has been very critical of JM and he is definitely anti DP...so I thought it was hysterical that the first tidbits he released was about JM... Monkey Devil!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3847 on: June 06, 2013, 01:44:01 PM »

Was Juan Martinez out of order during the Jodi Arias trial? New documents detail what really happened during those sidebar conversations. We’ll let you in on those conversations and share your take today at 12 p.m. ET.

140 votes....not guilty 
10 votes.....guilty

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3848 on: June 06, 2013, 01:52:29 PM »

Was Juan Martinez out of order during the Jodi Arias trial? New documents detail what really happened during those sidebar conversations. We’ll let you in on those conversations and share your take today at 12 p.m. ET.

140 votes....not guilty 
10 votes.....guilty

0oopss wrong link above....here's the correct one  https://www.facebook.com/RaisingAmericaHLN?fref=ts

Rest in Peace Caylee

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3849 on: June 06, 2013, 02:22:33 PM »

140 votes....not guilty 
10 votes.....guilty

0oopss wrong link above....here's the correct one  https://www.facebook.com/RaisingAmericaHLN?fref=ts

I don't do,facebook sunny! Any other options to read?

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3850 on: June 06, 2013, 02:23:32 PM »

Sunny
Tia

Loca
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3851 on: June 06, 2013, 06:06:49 PM »

Thank you Kermit
I agree they want off this case. A broken finger doesn't compare to a throats slashing! Being shot and tortured. I truly believe she tortured him.
Now she has to pay the price for her actions until she takes her last evil,breath. I couldn't live under those conditions she is currently living under. Can't imagine no window! Locked 23 hours a day one hour for exercise or shower or make calls. The rest of the time doing what all day! You can only draw so much! Write so much, read so much.
She has to eat slop ewwww
All the things she took for granted! What was she thinking ? That she would be able to not get caught for the slaughter.

When we get depressed we have the option of going for a walk! A movie! Socialize with friends! Eat anything we desire. She gave up,so much for her evil,deed. I like my freedom to be able to move around freely! Shower when I wish! Snuggle under my comfy blankets! Go to starbucks! I wonder if she thinks of those things she wished she could eat and do? What a selfish evil deed she comitted and now she has to pay the price.

Yep. I agree.

They always say a little truth is in every lie and when I listened to the interrogation tape she did with Det. Flores
where she described the man and woman (Ninjas) whom she was trying to convince Det. Flores shot Travis
she also described Travis yelling and that he couldn't feel his legs and some other stuff that when I heard her
day that stuff, I knew, in my heart, that poor Travis suffered a lot trying to get her to stop killing him. But
she didn't. I do not believe she snapped. I believe she thought Travis was interested in that other girl
whom he was going to Cancun with and that she did not know that the other girl was not interested in Travis.
I think that she dyed her hair back to brown because that other girl had brown hair. He may have thought
it was the other girl at the door when Jodi stopped at his home. In other words, Travis may not have
willingly let her in, thinking it was the girl he was interested in.

Sometimes evil will lead evil people down a road and then desert them.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3852 on: June 06, 2013, 06:09:41 PM »

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130604arias-lawyers-respond-to-montgomery.html?nclick_check=1

Arias lawyers respond to Montgomery
Tue Jun 4, 2013 8:29 PM

On May 8, Jodi Arias was convicted of the 2008 murder of her sometime lover, Travis Alexander, but on May 23, the jury reached impasse on whether to sentence her to death or to life in prison. A week later, Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery said that his office would go forward with the trial to convince a new jury to impose the death penalty, but ...

“If they were to make an offer for resolution, I think I have an ethical responsibility to consider that,” he said.

Today Arias’ defense attorneys, Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott issued a joint statement in an exclusive to The Arizona Republic.

“If the diagnosis made by the State’s psychologist is correct, the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office is seeking to impose the death penalty upon a mentally ill woman who has no prior criminal history,” they wrote. “Despite Mr. Montgomery’s recent statements to the media, it is not incumbent upon Ms. Arias’ defense counsel to resolve this case. Instead, the choice to end this case sits squarely with Mr. Montgomery and his office.

“It is solely for them to determine if continuing to pursue a death sentence upon Ms. Arias, who is already facing a mandatory life sentence, is a good and proper use of taxpayer resources.”

Someone please enlighten me! How is it nurmi and wilmott think this case should end. What do they mean end this case? I don't understand what they are trying to say?

Hi loca! I agree with the other posters. I think Nurmi and Willmott, first, want to remove the death penalty. IMO, they'd consider that a win. They'd like the sentence to be "Life With Parole" instead of "Life without Parole", but anything short of a death penalty, I think they'd take. Personally, I don't think that they have a shot at Life with Parole, which would make her eligible to get out in 20-25 years. The new sentencing phase will be heard by the same judge, and I'm betting that if she ends up having anything to say about it, Jodi's not going to like her decision. Arizona requires a unanimous jury vote to impose the death penalty. Other states do not. In fact, in some other states, the jury's 8 to 4 findings would have already put her on death row. Now, it's my understanding that the jury can decide Life or Death, but the judge decides whether "Life" is with or without parole.

That is what I am thinking too CBB.

Martinez has nothing to lose by going forward. If the jury comes back undecided it is automatic life in prison (as I understand it).
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3853 on: June 06, 2013, 06:20:50 PM »

140 votes....not guilty 
10 votes.....guilty

Here you go

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/06/06/juan-martinez-married-willmott-suicide

AT THE SIDEBAR:

JUAN MARTINEZ: "The thing is that if Ms. Willmott and I were married, I certainly would say,
I f***ing want to kill myself That doesn't mean I want to kill myself it just means there's
a bad relationship and I want you to leave me alone."

WILMOTT: Judge just for the record, I think that that was an insult because he's trying to say that if he and I
were married

JURAN MARTINEZ CUTS HER OFF AND SAYS: "That was a compliment, bad joke".

WILMOTT: I don't see it as either."

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3854 on: June 06, 2013, 06:21:37 PM »

Hi Miss Sunny.
Glad to see you here.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3855 on: June 06, 2013, 07:15:03 PM »

140 votes....not guilty 
10 votes.....guilty

loca, that's it...what I posted the question and then the voting results....so you didn't miss anything. I'll post the whole thing i :albino:n the future if it's anything ...okey?

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3856 on: June 06, 2013, 07:16:28 PM »

Hi Miss Sunny.
Glad to see you here.

I kermy....good to see you too...

Rest in Peace Caylee

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3857 on: June 06, 2013, 07:17:18 PM »

140 votes....not guilty 
10 votes.....guilty

loca, that's it...what I posted the question and then the voting results....so you didn't miss anything. I'll post the whole thing i :albino:n the future if it's anything ...okey?

Ok sunny
Thank you

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3858 on: June 06, 2013, 07:18:44 PM »

Sunny
That's hilarious! Wilmott felt insulted and nurmi wanted martinez sanctioned omg too funny

Loca
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3859 on: June 06, 2013, 07:30:53 PM »

Thank you Kermit
I agree they want off this case. A broken finger doesn't compare to a throats slashing! Being shot and tortured. I truly believe she tortured him.
Now she has to pay the price for her actions until she takes her last evil,breath. I couldn't live under those conditions she is currently living under. Can't imagine no window! Locked 23 hours a day one hour for exercise or shower or make calls. The rest of the time doing what all day! You can only draw so much! Write so much, read so much.
She has to eat slop ewwww
All the things she took for granted! What was she thinking ? That she would be able to not get caught for the slaughter.

When we get depressed we have the option of going for a walk! A movie! Socialize with friends! Eat anything we desire. She gave up,so much for her evil,deed. I like my freedom to be able to move around freely! Shower when I wish! Snuggle under my comfy blankets! Go to starbucks! I wonder if she thinks of those things she wished she could eat and do? What a selfish evil deed she comitted and now she has to pay the price.

Yep. I agree.

They always say a little truth is in every lie and when I listened to the interrogation tape she did with Det. Flores
where she described the man and woman (Ninjas) whom she was trying to convince Det. Flores shot Travis
she also described Travis yelling and that he couldn't feel his legs and some other stuff that when I heard her
day that stuff, I knew, in my heart, that poor Travis suffered a lot trying to get her to stop killing him.
But
she didn't. I do not believe she snapped. I believe she thought Travis was interested in that other girl
whom he was going to Cancun with and that she did not know that the other girl was not interested in Travis.
I think that she dyed her hair back to brown because that other girl had brown hair. He may have thought
it was the other girl at the door when Jodi stopped at his home. In other words, Travis may not have
willingly let her in, thinking it was the girl he was interested in.
Sometimes evil will lead evil people down a road and then desert them.

Bolded above has haunted me ads well.....and I think she slit his throat because he was so close to the door she thought he
was going to get away.  But I think she snuck in on him. I don't believe he knew she was coming. I think he was so angry with her
 because she told him she had the sex tape. And threatened to get it to Mimi. I don't believe for a moment he agreed to taping it.
When she arrived at his house I believe she came in and stood there watching him on the computer....then made herself known
telling him she brought the tape to him. I believe she started planning to kill him in May when she realized he really didn't want her...
he wanted Mimi.  But sadly we will never know the truth.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.