April 16, 2024, 04:57:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 47,515 dead - Drugs, Organized Crime, Guns, and Poverty...  (Read 1589 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: January 27, 2013, 03:23:12 PM »

"Discuss drugs, organized crime, guns and poverty along Mexico's border"

Join us to discuss issues of drugs, organized crime, guns and poverty in Mexico's border regions, with photojournalist Louie Palu.

Use the comment box below to leave a question or comment, which Mr. Palu will address at 1 p.m. ET Monday Jan. 28.

For nearly a year, Mr. Palu criss-crossed more than 3,000 kilometres of US.-Mexico border to capture powerful images of violence and despair and document the U.S. effort to keep smugglers and migrants out. His travels took him deep within cartel country in Culiacán, Sinaloa, through multiple border towns and to Washington, D.C.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/discuss-drugs-organized-crime-guns-and-poverty-along-mexicos-border/article7896412/

Watch Monday.  I wonder what the efforts are?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 03:35:11 PM »

It was the killings that initially drew me to the idea of exploring the U.S.-Mexico border. According to government figures, there were 47,515 drug-related killings in Mexico between late 2006 and late 2012, though many experts put the death toll much higher. Every aspect of Mexican life is affected by organized crime and its endless struggle for control of the distribution of marijuana, methamphetamine, cocaine and heroin. Most of the drugs are destined for the United States and Canada.

more here - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/crossing-the-line-chronicling-mexicos-drug-war/article7768853/

Checking the cars going south for guns and money?

What about the super highways that replaced border crossings?  Speeding up the movement of people and things?

No where does it mention 'Fast & Furious' the Obama/Holder gun walking operation. I wonder if anyone will ask during the chat tomorrow?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 03:43:25 PM »

Shocked  It seems like border control should be a bigger issue than Sandy Hook.  Instead, it's more 'investments' and advertising the US welfare system to foreigners...

Maybe the border was made a 'gun free' zone?     I seem to recall the Obama admin let's them use rubber bullets...and 'scare' away the bad people.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.